Mcelwain to Florida

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Re: Mcelwain to Florida

Post by Left Seater »

Guess I will need to watch some ESPN to know who he is.
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
Killian
Good crossing pattern target

Post by Killian »

Former OC at 'Bama under Saban, just turned around Colorado State. Looks like Jim Bob Duggar.

Btw, congrats on the curb stomping, Schmick. I didn't get to see most of the game, thank god.
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
Killian

Post by Killian »

I think I'll pass, thanks. :lol:

I saw the first series by ND waiting in the ER to get an xray on my leg because I'm an idiot. As soon as I saw Golson miss Fuller running open by literally 30 yards, I knew they were fucked. I thought if he was on and Kelly actually tried to run the ball at USC, they might have a chance to win a shoot out. I was pretty certain that USC was going to do what they wanted on offense. That was the first time I have ever seen an ND team quit on Kelly.

Fuck it, he has next year to make a run. If not, time to move on.
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
Killian

Post by Killian »

I was a fucking idiot and jumped off my ladder when hanging Christmas lights. I landed in a hole, rolled my ankle and chipped my fibula. Basically, I'm a fat pussy.

Schmick, that surgery is a mother fucker. Hopefully it isn't needed, but good luck.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Had the right shoulder done about 5 years ago (by the same doctor who reconstructed Alondo Tucker's leg). Will probably have to get the left one done before too long.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan
Baby Bitch

Post by MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan »

Damn. I was starting to feel really pathetic that I pulled a muscle in my back over TG weekend helping my mom carry Xmas decorations up from the basement. This thread actually cheered me up. Haha. Plus I got some sweet muscle relaxers out of the deal, so, you know, bode, or whatever.

OT:
Kinda sad to see McElwain leave Ft. Collins so soon. I really don't hate the Rams. They're still a Colorado team, and I generally root for them in the other 11 games they play. Can't blame the guy for taking the UF gig, obviously. I just would've liked to see how far he could've taken CSU. I know it's a pipe dream, but I'd love to see CSU put together some sustained success and maybe join the Pac 16 when all the consolidation eventually goes down. It'd make the rivalry a lot more fun if we were in the same conference. Curious to see who they wind up hiring. Gary Barnett would be kind of funny. Same with Dave Logan.
"Keys, woman!"
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

I don't post here as much as used to because the traffic and conversation doesn't warrant it as much.

I can give a more detailed post if anyone is interested, I have a couple of friends and colleagues who are Bull Gators. The last three years and how they ended up with McEwain so "quickly" is quite interesting.

Has anyone noticed that ESPN keeps insisting that there was "no problem with the money" and "Florida has the money" all over the teletube? Had any of you heard of any of the problems at Florida with money before they insisted there weren't any problems?

Florida has bee a soap opera the last two years. You couldn't write a better script for a docu-drama for sports or political nuts
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Miryam wrote:but other than that, it's cool, man. you're a christer.
LTS TRN 2 wrote:Okay, Sunny, yer cards are on table as a flat-out Christer.
Killian

Post by Killian »

I'm interested.
Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Post by Left Seater »

Fire away and also fill us in on their money issues.
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

I need some time to type it out. They wanted Stoops a few weeks ago. Price tag was too high and a lot of infighting here among themselves at UF.
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Muschamp came into the season as a lame duck, Nothing short of a miracle was going to save his job. Money was the issue.

I started getting more into it a few weeks ago when UF was interested in Bob. I'm going to C&P the info I provided at another board. Two of our other T1Bers post there but I'm not sure if they have access to VIP. 90% of what I posted was verified through 3rd parties after my posting it. I can't post the verifying posts; strict rules on our VIP info even though it's a free site. I'll give more details as it pertains to outside of Norman also.

9-21-2014
Funny to have seen this mentioned in here.

Somebody who I listen to when they speak about Florida football says that Stoops is on the radar and he'll listen but UF doesn't know if they want to pony up the sort of cash it will take to outbid Oklahoma and make everything else happen.

He admitted that he isn't even sure they can afford to just outbid us on its face alone either. The athletic department is looking at $5M+ shortfall this year plus a Muschump buyout that is pretty steep.

Florida's football program has a lot of issues right now and I don't know if Stoops wants to step into that with the lifestyle he has come accustom to in Norman.

Florida's probably looking at Stoops costing them more than $15M if they were to land him and not end up with more egg on their face being turned down for a third time.

I doubt anything comes of any Stoops to UF other than some phone calls.

9-25-2014
I have a lot more stuff on UF after the last few days. Took a mini-vacation and wasted what little board time I had arguing with the Owen Field drones instead of posting it.

I'll be shocked if Bob ends up at Florida at the end of this season. This coaching situation seems to be a lot bigger than just the position and Bob.

I wouldn't expect most Sooners to know the screwed up booster apparatus that UF has associated with it but even when times are good it's a cluster fuck. UF doesn't just have their tiered donor structure like OU does. Florida has a group of about 500-600 of their biggest athletic boosters who pool their money together separately from the "official" UF donor program. These 500-600 donors make their "minimum" big donation a year to UF and then they turn around each ponies up a minimum of $12k a year to "The Bull Gators". The Bull Gators basically hold this fund ransom over the Athletic Department's head. It's not like a handful of big donors just withholding monies, it's the biggest large chunk of money the UF Athletic department receives virtually every year from donations.

At OU we have the Gaylord's (specifically Christy/Kristi, however she spells her name) as Mega boosters to the school in general, at UF they have the Warrington family. The Warrington's have dropped somewhere between $100-130M into UF over the last six to ten years. Completely rebuilt their business school like the Gaylord's did Journalism and Communications. They typically don't give a shit about the Athletic Department as long as all those who love it are the ones funding it and not them. Over the last few years they've come to accept that no matter what kind of money is poured into the school the face is the football coach . . . they haven't been happy with the last two hires to begin with but rather quietly . . . All over character issues and the Warrington's don't give as much a shit about the W-L record as The Bull Gators.

The Univeristy of Florida is looking at a massive shortfall this year and not limited to the conservative estimates of the $6M shortfall the AD is admitting to looking at (some media are estimating that's it's going to be closer to $11-12M). All that SEC money and UF is actually losing more and more money each year in their athletic department.

The Warrington's were not happy that amidst the economic bust and them basically bank rolling the school that the AD went and spent an absurd amount of money on an unproven commodity with poor character reputation and that's all any position in the AD is to their family, including the head football coach.

Let's take a pause on the Warrington's and let me tell you about the Bull Gators. Bumpy Harris, John James, Paul Robble, and their fellow Bull Gators pushed the Muschamp hire through with bulldozers despite objections from the Warrington's. The just above average Joe donors to the school (but not Bull Gators) and them have been at each others' throats over Muschamp for two years now. Average Joe is not happy, they know their measly donations hold little weight because of the Bull Gator Club, and they're the ones who have pissed off the Warrington's and saddled them with Muschamp.

Beyond that the Bull Gator's themselves are in upheaval. About 150 new "Average Joe Donors" scratched up the $12k minimum on top of their mandatory UF AD donation to become Bull Gators this summer. Lots of rumors that a number of those spots were pooled together by multiple donors just to put a body in the seat and gain votes. Bumpy Harris' puppet, John James, was ousted as the President of the Association behind the votes of those 150 new members and replaced by some attorney from Orlando. The new President has spun it in the press that the new members were just part of the massive support that UF has and the result of a very successful new members campaign.

The Warrington's have basically told the UF administration that they need to fix the schools finances, which includes reigning in the exorbitant "mismanagement" of funds by the Athletic Department, or UF can start living without their big checks. If one red cent of their money or money they consider to be the academic side of the institution (which they also consider their money) goes towards buying out yet another football coach experiment then they're finished in Gville.

Shit is so dire on that front that my state's major news publications are posting stories in the sports sections about how quiet Bumpy is. The Orlando Sentinel and Gville Sun both did interviews with him so he could say he doesn't have anything to say last week!!!

The UF administration has basically told Foley that The Bull Gators need to get their shit together because the school can live without their money a lot easier than it can the Warrington's. Unless Bumpy and the boys want to start funding both at about 3x the price tag.

The Bull Gators want Bob, they wanted Muschamp too. They got Muschamp but burned a lot of bridges doing so. The Bull Gators have been told they can have Bob Stoops if they can get him but it's on their dime, completely. The starting price tag on getting Bob Stoops through the door in Gville just at the table to talk is $24M US dollars after buying out Muschump, clearing the books, buying out Stoops (OU closed the Florida clause years ago), and just discussing a hefty raise (because Bob isn't leaving his castle otherwise) . . . That's before OU even considers upping a dime to Bob ourselves.

If anyone is wondering my sources on this. I know a number of Bull Gators here locally as friends, business associates and colleagues. You basically have to know a couple of Bull Gators to be in my line of work here to begin with; it's Destin fucking Florida. You can also look up in both our alumni associations directories and see that both the OU and UF Alumni associations here locally meet at the same place.

Beyond all that though, I have a very good source at a publication where they and their spouse are employed which probably has the most extensive coverage of UF athletics and the athletic department of any other major media publication in the world.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

The Warringtons are very steadfast about not wanting their monies to be directly, or even indirectly, funding the school's athletic department. If UF wants their money, they want Florida's AD department solvent. They're understanding that shortfalls occur but it's been a decade of shortfalls and Florida through the SEC has its hands in the biggest pot of money out there combined with one of the most powerful booster organizations in the country. They don't care if Bumpy and the boys have their toys but they expect them to pay for them on their own.

I doubt the Warrington's would have any objections to Bob Stoops as long as the Bull Gators foot the bill.

Having said that, The Bulls need $24M cash to get Stoops to the table in just "football" money. That's buying out Muschamp and staff and clearing the red on the AD so the Warrington's don't break camp. They're also on the line for the vast majority of Billy Donovan's contract. It's pretty damn substantial since they've paid him off every time another suitor comes calling; which has been about every other year.
Also, for suture reference, my in laws do a lot of business with executives in the SEC front offices . . . I get to hear a lot of shit about conference realignment and back room dealings. Shit I will not post on open boards.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

McEwain was less than half the price that Stoops was going to cost and wouldn't have been allowed to talk to him until after the bowls anyway.

Papa Willie wrote:SCS - I'd heard a little rumor that they might put Auburn in the East & Mizzou in the West. I honestly cannot believe that would ever happen - just due to the rivalries between LSU & the MS. schools. I know the Iron Bowl wouldn't be affected, but have you heard anything on that? Geographically - it would make sense...
I have heard nothing about this. If my father in law were to hear this he would be talking about it.
Bucmonkey
2011 CFB Bowl Pic Champ

Post by Bucmonkey »

lol SCS...our Southeast Dins...
Go Bucs, Gators