It's the 19th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

mvscal
Blank

Another Day, Another Lie, Another Impeachable Offense v 1.1

Post by mvscal »

IRS Says Official's Emails Were Lost in Computer Crash
Agency Trying to Reconstruct Correspondence Sought in Congressional Probe

WASHINGTON—The Internal Revenue Service said a former official's 2011 computer crash significantly hampered its efforts to dig up correspondence requested as part of a congressional review of the agency's treatment of conservative groups.

The IRS said it is providing more emails to lawmakers and is doing its best to reconstruct correspondence from the former executive, Lois Lerner, who retired as the controversy unfolded last year. Its effort, which has included searching email of other senders and recipients, resulted in an additional 24,000 emails that are being provided to lawmakers, the agency said in a summary of its actions.

House Republicans investigating the IRS controversy reacted unhappily to the news of Ms. Lerner's computer crash.

http://online.wsj.com/articles/irs-prov ... 1402684543
After a year of stonewalling, this is the best they can do? The dog ate my emails? Pure bullshit not to mention obstruction of justice.

Is it a "smidgen" yet?
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Re: Another Day, Another Lie, Another Impeachable Offense v

Post by Left Seater »

Wow, that is a ballsy response. One computer crashed and therefore we can't find them.

Hey, props to them if it works. Hopefully, it will not.
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Nothing to see hear folks, move along.

When will the GOP witch hunt end? :meds: :meds:

Once again, the Obluegum administration proves to be either corrupt or weapons grade stupid.

I vote all of the above.

Let's hear what JSC and the rest of the apologists have to say about this.

I'm sure this will be covered extensively on MSNBC.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
Moving Sale

Post by Moving Sale »

mvscal wrote:
After a year of stonewalling, this is the best they can do? The dog ate my emails? Pure bullshit not to mention obstruction of justice.
And if course you have facts to back up your take. :meds:
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Yes. The "fact" is that they are lying. It is impossible to lose emails in a local hard drive crash as they described.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
Moving Sale

Post by Moving Sale »

smackaholic wrote: When will the GOP witch hunt end.
You do realize that none of those right or left wing organization should have been granted 591c4 status and that Issa has never even read the law right?
Moving Sale

Post by Moving Sale »

mvscal wrote:Yes. The "fact" is that they are lying. It is impossible to lose emails in a local hard drive crash as they described.
And you are just waiting to post the facts that support your take why?
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Jsc810 wrote:I'm not a computer guru but it seems there are or should be all sorts of back ups for those emails;
There is. This not only shouldn't happen. It simply can't happen. There are far too many back ups.

I think you would have to say that this is a good deal more than a fishing expedition. We have soft-pedaled apologies, key witnesses pleading the 5th, stonewalled subpoenas followed by lies about computer crashes.

This is straight out of Nixon's playbook.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Frankly, as this IRS story unfolded, it seemed like no big deal -- they had a spate of right-wing sounding names applying for tax-exempt status in a short time, so it made sense to scrutinize them a little more closely.

But with all the lame attempts at a cover-up, and now with this hilarious attempt at an outright lie, there's obviously more to it.

If a person or entity has done nothing wrong, they don't need to make up lies to cover it up, much less a long string of career-ending lies.

And since you struggle with anything that paints your party in a bad light, JSC, I'll help you out -- anyone who has worked so much as one day in IT is laughing at this story. If my personal computer has a hard drive crash, I can log into my email from any other computer. Any government IT system (even those of companies doing any sort of work for the government) has minimum redundancy standards, which make a failure of an email server pretty much impossible.

They're not just lying, they're thumbing their nose at the legal process, which was designed to protect the American People. Give me a few minutes, and I'll recover the emails for them. Pretty simple stuff.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Moving Sale

Post by Moving Sale »

Dinsdale wrote:Frankly, as this IRS story unfolded, it seemed like no big deal ...
Yea no big deal that tax exempt status was given to hundreds of organizations illegally over decades causing untold millions (billions) of $ to be pissed down a drain. Yea no big deal. :lol: You are a dolt.
Moving Sale

Post by Moving Sale »

Sudden Sam wrote:This behavior has existed in administration after administration for decades, as MV said.

What disgusts me is the blatant lying about the "missing" emails. Any moron knows they're recoverable.
Yea because following in law is just an after thought. You people are scary stupid (or corrupted).
Moving Sale

Post by Moving Sale »

SS,
Are you feigning stupidity or you just don't care that the law was broken for decades and it costs us (b)millions of $?
You don't care that NONE of the organizations are eligible for tax exempt status. You only care that they didn't get it fast enough?
Moving Sale

Post by Moving Sale »

But you said what disgusts you is lost emails. You didn't say "what also disgusts me" is lost emails. Please make up your mind.
Moving Sale

Post by Moving Sale »

Depends on how far up the chain the lying goes. All I see here is a low level tard screening for "occupy" and "tea party" and there were more tea party applications so more tea party organizations got screened. That part is a BFD to me.
Y2K
Internet Overlord

Post by Y2K »

Lerners e-mails were never stored on her local drive they were on a server as well as all her data. That excuse is as laughable as it gets. Even if the e-mail server crashed it has numerous redundant back ups. Sucks for the IT staff there taking one for the team. nothing like your bosses telling the world you are a bunch of worthless assholes.
Moving Sale

Post by Moving Sale »

I don't know that they are. It sounds like they nuked a few (thousand) and need to pull them by locating the emails from the parties they were sent to, but if they are lying its because they are stupid and/or hiding something.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

mvscal wrote:It is impossible to lose emails in a local hard drive crash as they described.
uh, yes it is....obviously you've never had a hard drive corruption to the point where they can't spin up the disk and retrieve any information.....but how is it that Obama is responsible for this and why is this an impeachable offense?
get out, get out while there's still time
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Felix wrote:
mvscal wrote:It is impossible to lose emails in a local hard drive crash as they described.
uh, yes it is....obviously you've never had a hard drive corruption to the point where they can't spin up the disk and retrieve any information.....but how is it that Obama is responsible for this and why is this an impeachable offense?
Because the emails are stored on redundant back up servers, dumbfuck. And do you really need to be walked through obstruction of justice being an impeachable offense? I realise you're pretty stupid but, c'mon...
Moving Sale

Post by Moving Sale »

mvscal wrote: And do you really need to be walked through obstruction of justice being an impeachable offense? I realise you're pretty stupid but, c'mon...
Do I need to walk you through mens rea and the reason you are about four billion light years from proving it, you vapid vile racist goatfucker?
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

The attempted destruction of/deception regarding the available evidence establishes that element quite handily.

You may go.
Moving Sale

Post by Moving Sale »

mvscal wrote:The attempted destruction of/deception regarding the available evidence establishes that element quite handily.
What the fuck are you crying about now? Just give me the facts about what the POTUS did.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Moving Sale wrote:Just give me the facts about what the POTUS did.
Ask Harry Truman.
Moving Sale

Post by Moving Sale »

I said he broke the law when he let the IRS give 501c4 to organizations who didn't qualify. Are YOU too blinded by politics to read?
Moving Sale

Post by Moving Sale »

Papa Willie wrote: I rarely read entire statements by you...
Bye Felicia.
Moving Sale

Post by Moving Sale »

Sorry I didn't read any of that.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Emails went -----> *poof* ??

Darrell Issa is clearly at fault.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Jsc810 wrote:Mv, if a person working in the Administration does something wrong or even a criminal act, that does not necessarily mean that the President had knowledge or was involved in any way.
What is clear at this point is that it goes beyond the IRS. Personally I have no doubt whatsoever that this trail of slime leads straight to the White House.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Sudden Sam wrote:I don't see where any of this can be attributed to the president.
That's cause you aren't looking.
Moving Sale

Post by Moving Sale »

mvscal wrote:
Jsc810 wrote:Mv, if a person working in the Administration does something wrong or even a criminal act, that does not necessarily mean that the President had knowledge or was involved in any way.
What is clear at this point is that it goes beyond the IRS. Personally I have no doubt whatsoever that this trail of slime leads straight to the White House.
Even without any facts. You would make a shitty PI.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

The facts are that both Lerner and Nikole Flax (chief of staff to ex-commissioner) were at the White House on numerous occasions during events in question and now Lerner has plead the 5th and both hers and Flax's emails have been conveniently lost.

Bonus fact: You're a fucking moron.
Moving Sale

Post by Moving Sale »

You have less than a hill of beans. I can prove that she AND Oboma broke the law and you don't even give a shit. All you want to do is live in a right wing echo chamber.You are still a stupid racist though so you got that going for you.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Moving Sale wrote:All I see here is a low level tard screening for "occupy" and "tea party" and there were more tea party applications so more tea party organizations got screened. That part is a BFD to me.

Yeah, no big deal.

You are a dolt...

Who just laid an asswhooping on himself.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Felix wrote:
uh, yes it is....obviously you've never had a hard drive corruption to the point where they can't spin up the disk and retrieve any information.....

Obviously, you've never so much as walked into an IT closet(I'd say "IT room, but they usually don't get that much space).

So I'll explain even more slowly than I did to GAYSC810 -- Emails aren't on your local hard drive. In fact, they're stored on a server that's sporting a RAID5. And in a RAID5, you can completely lose a hard drive, and the data is recovered from the parity files.

Leave this particular discussion to people that actually know something.
Moving Sale

Post by Moving Sale »

Dinsdale wrote:
Moving Sale wrote:All I see here is a low level tard screening for "occupy" and "tea party" and there were more tea party applications so more tea party organizations got screened. That part is a BFD to me.

Yeah, no big deal.

You are a dolt...

Who just laid an asswhooping on himself.
Their job. illegal as it was, was to screen for organizations that might not be 'primarily' in the biz of social good and might just be ‘primarily’ political. In order to do that they made a list of words that would help in this screening process. THAT is no bid deal. The big deal is that they should have never given ANY 501c4 status to ANY organization with ANY political parts. YOU are stuck in a right wing echo chamber or are too stupid to read, or both.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

mvscal wrote:
Felix wrote:
Because the emails are stored on redundant back up servers, dumbfuck. And do you really need to be walked through obstruction of justice being an impeachable offense? I realise you're pretty stupid but, c'mon...
you didn't say backup servers asshat, you said local drives......if they were deliberately deleted from the backup server, then yes that's obstruction of justice....but unless you can demonstrate that Obama ordered deletion of these emails I don't see how this is an impeachable offense on Obama's part......
get out, get out while there's still time
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Moving Sale wrote:or are too stupid to read, or both.

You absolutely restated my original take, yet I'm too stupid to read...

classic.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Felix wrote:you didn't say backup servers asshat, you said local drives.
No. They said local drives. I said it was impossible to happen the way they say it did.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Felix wrote:
mvscal wrote:
you didn't say backup servers asshat, you said local drives....

Just stop.

Since email isn't stored on your local drive, a hard drive crash is completely irrelevant. A hard drive crash in the SMTP server is irrelevant.

Despite the pathetic lie being perpetrated by the Executive Branch, that ain't how the shit works.
Moving Sale

Post by Moving Sale »

Dinsdale wrote:
Moving Sale wrote:or are too stupid to read, or both.

You absolutely restated my original take, yet I'm too stupid to read...

classic.
Your original take was that you were worried about some cover up. The real story is the illegal nature of the 501c4s that were given out. So just STFU up with the "I was all over it from Jump St" take and that I'm now somehow parroting you.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Reading problems, eh?

My original point was that with a slew of "charities" with words like "tea party" in their name applying for exempt status, extra scrutiny seemed appropriate.

I said nothing of the legality of any of it, nor did I bring the "past administrations did it" weak sauce.