Texas/USC in Mexico City?

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Texas/USC in Mexico City?

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Steve Patterson was on an Austin Radio station discussing the possibility of the series being moved from home and home to two neutral site games at Azteca in Mexico City.
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Miryam wrote:but other than that, it's cool, man. you're a christer.
LTS TRN 2 wrote:Okay, Sunny, yer cards are on table as a flat-out Christer.
Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Re: Texas/USC in Mexico City?

Post by Left Seater »

Why would either season ticket holder base go for that? Take away a marquee home game for a game in Mexico City were most of the fans that traveled there would require security 24/7.
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
campinfool
2009 PET Champion

Post by campinfool »

Heck yeah. At Texas it is no longer "we are the Joneses", but "we are the Jerry Joneses" What a stupid idea.
socal
Prepare to qualify!

Post by socal »

They could just show up at a US v Mexico MNT match at the LA Coliseum. It'll be a sea of green.
Van wrote:Kumbaya, asshats.
R-Jack wrote:
Atomic Punk wrote:So why did you post it?
Yes, that just happened.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

If Mexico was kicking out hot recruits, I'd say "Well played, good Sirs."

I don't think that's the case.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
socal
Prepare to qualify!

Post by socal »

schmick wrote:USC runs the Coliseum now, soccer is a ucla sport, USC doesnt even bother with a team

The US National team has not played at the Coliseum, vs anyone, in over 8 years. They play at the home deport center or the rose bowl, not the Coliseum.

As for playing in mexico, I see no reason why USC would want to cater or pander to UC students who are getting instate tuition even if they are illegally in the country and deserve nothing but handcuffs, a tattoo on their forearm and a bus ride back across the border
Marcus Schmick,
No surprise you don't recognize the women's program.
Shocker.
BTW, breaking news out of Carson. Home Depot didn't reup for the naming rights to Stub Hub Center.
If'n SC found a 5 star recruit in Jalisco, you'd be singing a different mariachi tune, hombre.
R-Jack wrote:
Yes, that just happened.
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

Title IX and recent claims against USC also likely play a roll there Schmick.
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

schmick wrote:Fuck title ix, USC is a private school, title ix can suck a dick

Being public or private has jack squat to do with it. If the school takes a single dollar from the Feds then they have to comply. Plenty of research projects are funded in part by the Feds.

So there is no try to comply.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

SunCoastSooner wrote:Steve Patterson was on an Austin Radio station discussing the possibility of the series being moved from home and home to two neutral site games at Azteca in Mexico City.
What the fuck does that even mean? Was he discussing it or advocating it?
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
Laxplayer
President of the USC hater club
Location: On the golf course because......well, I'm the golf coach.

Post by Laxplayer »

Godforbid Schmuck ever has a daughter or grand daughter that wants to play sports.
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Post by Terry in Crapchester »

schmick wrote:Fuck title ix, USC is a private school, title ix can suck a dick

USC has no softball, no gymnastics, no field hockey. Soccer just started recently. The only odd sports they made to try to comply with title ix is women's rowing and women's beach volleyball
I knew you weren't exactly the sharpest knife in the drawer, but I figured you at least knew how to use google.

www.usctrojans.com

Put your mouse over the "Sports" and you see that USC sponsors the following women's sports teams:

Basketball
Cross Country
Golf
Lacrosse
Rowing
Sand Volleyball
Soccer
Swimming & Diving
Tennis
Track & Field
Volleyball
Water Polo
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
socal
Prepare to qualify!

Post by socal »

Laxplayer wrote:Godforbid Schmuck ever has a daughter or grand daughter that wants to play sports.
And with Title IX, said daughter could scissorkick pops in the nuts, err, cuntpunch him with panache.
R-Jack wrote:
Yes, that just happened.
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

schmick wrote: The lacrosse team was just added in 2013, I wasnt even aware of it. Odd that they would add lacrosse when lacrosse is not a varsity sport for girls or boys in California and not add softball when Southern California has the best softball talent in the world
One of the issues with the implementation of Title IX. Sometimes schools will add a program that many of their geographical neighbors don't participate in just to raise the travel costs. This then helps even out male vs female expenditures.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Wisky should start up a women's surfing team, so we could bring back baseball.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

And there is the other main issue. Schools dropping men's programs instead of adding programs for females.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Considering the fact that Wisconsin is one of the few major college athletic departments that is totally self-funded, I can't argue with the decisions they made. Better to get rid of a sport or two than ask the tax-payers to foot the bill.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

schmick wrote:The lacrosse team was just added in 2013, I wasnt even aware of it. Odd that they would add lacrosse when lacrosse is not a varsity sport for girls or boys in California
Anecdotal information, perhaps, but Will Yeatman played lacrosse in high school in California, as did all of his siblings. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Will_Yeatman So somebody in California has to be sponsoring it as a varsity sport.
Left Seater wrote:One of the issues with the implementation of Title IX. Sometimes schools will add a program that many of their geographical neighbors don't participate in just to raise the travel costs. This then helps even out male vs female expenditures.
Another issue that particularly impacts upon lacrosse with Title IX is that most college lacrosse programs carry relatively large rosters, generally around 50 players to a team. For my money, only football has larger rosters, although it might be possible that certain schools might field larger rosters for their track and field teams.

Interesting stat: only 14 schools carry both Division 1-A football and Division I men's lacrosse. That includes the three service academies, whose men's programs aren't terribly adversely affected by Title IX. By contrast, if my count is correct there are 26 schools that sponsor Division 1-A football and Division I women's lacrosse. http://www.ncaa.com/rankings/lacrosse-w ... crosse-rpi I think there might be an incentive for many of those schools to carry women's lacrosse as something of a counterweight to the number of men playing football.

Travel for USC in women's lacrosse doesn't appear to be as onerous as one would think. Fresno State, San Diego State, Cal, Stanford and Oregon all field women's lacrosse programs.
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Terry in Crapchester wrote:... Oregon all field women's lacrosse programs.
RACK the return of Baseball.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

I meant that I think women's lacrosse was put in to bring back baseball to Eugene. They took a couple of decades or so off.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Michigan State beat #1 Oregon State a few days ago. Hopefully they can get back to the CWS...to promptly get knocked out of the first round.
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

schmick wrote:I raced motocross in High School, does that mean that my high school had a motocross racing team?
My buddies kid played lacrosse in HS up in No Cal, it was a club sport and had students from 2 or 3 different schools.
Some relevant points from Yeatman's Wikipedia page:
In lacrosse he was team captain in his senior year, was a four-time all-conference and all-city selection, and was named to the US Lacrosse All-American team as a junior and senior and to the Under Armour All-American team as a senior.[2] Yeatman is Rancho Bernardo's leading career and season points leader in lacrosse. He was also the 2005-2006 Rancho Bernardo High School Male Athlete of the Year.

. . .

Following high school, Yeatman attended the University of Notre Dame, where he played both lacrosse (named All American) and football.
I suppose I could be wrong about this, but that definitely doesn't sound like he was playing lacrosse as a club level sport at the high school level.

And I suppose I could also be wrong about this, but I'm pretty sure that your motocross example was a classic red herring. I don't know of a single high school that has a varsity motocross team. Obviously there are any number of high schools that play lacrosse as a varsity level sport.