Super Bowl XLVIII

talking about who was arrested today

Moderators: Shoalzie, Biggie

Paul
Elwood

Re: Super Bowl XLVIII

Post by Paul »

I thoroughly enjoyed EVERY second of that utter and complete ass-whipping of the Dungver Mules. Ol' Horseface had to have had flashbacks of his epic 1989 beatdown at the hands of Joe Montana while watching his merry band of cheating, holding/cut-blocking, offensive pick-setting assholes getting cornholed by Richard Sherman & Co.

Seahawks proved definitively that defense does indeed win championships.

They also showed the world how you stop that candy ass pop gun offense they run in Donkeyville- well, Belichick actually showed the world back in 2002 when he shut down the Greatest Show On Turf to win his 1st ring. You simply HIT THEM IN THE MOUTH. HARD. EVERY SINGLE PLAY. Even in the regular season, Indy did it to them. NE did it to them (well, in the 2nd half and OT), and SD did it to them. At home.

My only gripe about the game is that Percy Harvin should've been the MVP. Malcolm Smith had a nice pick-6 and all, but every time Percy touched the ball he just lit it up...his 2nd half opening kickoff return to the house looked like some shit right out of Tecmo Bowl.
Tiger Woods....ALLEGEDLY wrote:"Hey, it's, uh, it's Tiger. I need you to do me a huge favor. Um, can you please, uh, take your name off your phone. My wife went through my phone. And, uh, may be calling you. If you can, please take your name off that and, um, and what do you call it just have it as a number on the voice mail, just have it as your telephone number. That's it, OK. You gotta do this for me. Huge. Quickly. All right. Bye."
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Shit, the QB had a 123.1 QB Rating + 26 yds rushing.
7-13 on 3rd downs.

Got it done.

I'd have voted for Wilson.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

Paul wrote:I thoroughly enjoyed EVERY second of that utter and complete ass-whipping of the Dungver Mules.
this is a big surprise, you showing up to bandwagon off of some other team....big surprise indeed
They also showed the world how you stop that candy ass pop gun offense they run in Donkeyville- well, Belichick actually showed the world back in 2002 when he shut down the Greatest Show On Turf to win his 1st ring.
oh you mean that pop gun offense that put up 535 and 427 yards against the chefs in sweeping them.....the offense that put up on average 485 yards against 6 of the top 15 defenses in the league? the offense that dropped 507 yards on the patriots? you mean that offense?

it was the seahawks day and denver simply couldn't match the intensity level of seattle, but to refer to the Broncos offense as "pop gun" is one of the more idiotic things you've said, and that's saying something because almost everything you post has a certain degree of stupidity associated with it......

by all means, keep winning vicariously through the accomplishments of a team that you have no vested interest in......it speaks volumes about you.....
poptart wrote:I'd have voted for Wilson.
any number of seahawks could have won it.....they should have given it to the defensive unit...as good a performance as I've seen in a long time....
get out, get out while there's still time
Bucmonkey
2011 CFB Bowl Pic Champ

Post by Bucmonkey »

Does memory serve? If anyone remembers "Big O", was he one of our few, if not only SEA fans?
Go Bucs, Gators
Paul
Elwood

Post by Paul »

Felix wrote:Image
Wrong again, Shitstain....how am I "bandwagonning off of some other team"? I think it's been pretty established in this forum about my sheer HATRED of the Dungver Donkeys. In fact, I really can't decide if the Mules losing makes me happier than the Chiefs winning. Therefore, watching the Seahawks taking those soft little bitches to the woodshed was the highlight of my football season, college or pros.

Frankly, the Chiefs would've given the Seahawks a better fight.
Tiger Woods....ALLEGEDLY wrote:"Hey, it's, uh, it's Tiger. I need you to do me a huge favor. Um, can you please, uh, take your name off your phone. My wife went through my phone. And, uh, may be calling you. If you can, please take your name off that and, um, and what do you call it just have it as a number on the voice mail, just have it as your telephone number. That's it, OK. You gotta do this for me. Huge. Quickly. All right. Bye."
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

Paul wrote:In fact, I really can't decide if the Mules losing makes me happier than the Chiefs winning.
what exactly did the chefs win this year....oh yeah 11 games against teams with a combined record of 55 wins and 105 losses....and they won the biggest choke job of the year by squandering a 21 point halftime lead and losing what should have been a runaway game against the Colts.....now we know how you define "winning"......

kind of like taking your cousin to the high school prom, sure she's your cousin and sure she ugly as fuck, but at least you had a date......
Paul
Elwood

Post by Paul »

Felix wrote:
Paul wrote:In fact, I really can't decide if the Mules losing makes me happier than the Chiefs winning.
what exactly did the chefs win this year....oh yeah 11 games against teams with a combined record of 55 wins and 105 losses....and they won the biggest choke job of the year by squandering a 21 point halftime lead and losing what should have been a runaway game against the Colts.....now we know how you define "winning"......

kind of like taking your cousin to the high school prom, sure she's your cousin and sure she ugly as fuck, but at least you had a date......
Hey dipshit, they came off a 2-14 season. Nobody, and I mean NOBODY gave that team a snowball's chance in Hell of a winning record, much less going 9-0 to start the season.

And this JUST IN: the Donks played almost the same schedule. They fattened up on the NFC Least too last time I checked.

At least the Chiefs showed up for their game in Indy...the Donks were doomed as soon as they lost the coin toss on Sunday.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

Paul wrote: At least the Chiefs showed up for their game in Indy...the Donks were doomed as soon as they lost the coin toss on Sunday.
there's not an NFL team that could have stayed within 20 points of the Seahawk team that took the field on Sunday......I watched a lot of Seattle games this year and I've never seen them play as well as they did Sunday......they were simply not going to be denied and that was one of the best defensive performances I've ever seen in a game of that magnitude.....the Seahawks were calm cool and collected, while Denver definitely had the deer in the headlights look.....save the "at least the chefs showed up" bullshit.....they choked away a game they had in their hands and should have won easily.....Denver never stood a chance
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

I think Felix' point is well taken.
It was Seattle's day, they really came to play, and they hit their stride perfectly on Super Sunday.
Nobody in the NFL would have beaten them Sunday.

Not sure about the "by 20 pts" part, though.
I think the '9ers might have hung around -- because they are a similar team.
PHYSICAL, OLD SKOOL.

In hindsight, it shouldn't be a surprise that Seattle blasted Denver.
The NFC is a superior conference.
Denver is a "finesse" team -- and Seattle is nuts & bolts.
Assuming similar talent, you gotta like the hard nosed team in that match-up.
And I'm not even sure talent between Denver and Seattle is similar.

Denver had a good year.
They just weren't close to being up to the task of hammering the final nail in the coffin so that they could be called Super Bowl Champion.

For what it's worth, KC would have been similarly ass-raped in that game. :)
Joe in PB
2008 / 2009 JAFFL Champ

Post by Joe in PB »

Paul wrote:They also showed the world how you stop that candy ass pop gun offense they run in Donkeyville- well, Belichick actually showed the world back in 2002 when he shut down the Greatest Show On Turf to win his 1st ring.
What i know now is Belichick had the Rams pregame walk through on tape. That was probably a big factor, so it's not a good example.
poptart wrote:I think Felix' point is well taken.
It was Seattle's day, they really came to play, and they hit their stride perfectly on Super Sunday.
Nobody in the NFL would have beaten them Sunday.

Not sure about the "by 20 pts" part, though.
I think the '9ers might have hung around -- because they are a similar team.
PHYSICAL, OLD SKOOL.

In hindsight, it shouldn't be a surprise that Seattle blasted Denver.
The NFC is a superior conference.
Denver is a "finesse" team -- and Seattle is nuts & bolts.
Assuming similar talent, you gotta like the hard nosed team in that match-up.
And I'm not even sure talent between Denver and Seattle is similar.

Denver had a good year.
They just weren't close to being up to the task of hammering the final nail in the coffin so that they could be called Super Bowl Champion.

For what it's worth, KC would have been similarly ass-raped in that game. :)
The voice of reason.
Butkus didn't wear an earring.