Super Bowl XLVIII

talking about who was arrested today

Moderators: Shoalzie, Biggie

Dinsdale
Lord Google

Re: Super Bowl XLVIII

Post by Dinsdale »

I hope a giant meteor crushes the stadium and everyone in it.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
trev
New Sheriff in Town

Post by trev »

Don't think I've ever racked KC Scott. There is a first for everything.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

9-1 in my playoff run, going for 10-1. YAFJ - take notes, buddy.

I think the match-up favors Seattle, but I'm a big "intangibles" guy and I just don't see Manning losing this game. Seattle is very good and their time will come...but not quite yet.

Denver 24
Seattle 20
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Post by Diego in Seattle »

Manning's got a great arm, but he ain't got the mobility that someone like Kapshisnuts has. With the pressure of the Seattle Legion of Boom, Manning's going to have a tough time throwing (and that's assuming the weather is even agreeable to a passing offense.

Seahawks - 17
Broncos - 10

Go Hawks!
“Left Seater” wrote:So charges are around the corner?
9/27/22
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

You're nuts if you think Dungver can be held to 10 points. They have too many weapons, regardless of the weather.

Donks - 28
Squawks - 20
trev
New Sheriff in Town

Post by trev »

Another Super Bowl week, another sunny and 75 here.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Diego in Seattle wrote:Manning's got a great arm, but he ain't got the mobility that someone like Kapshisnuts has. With the pressure of the Seattle Legion of Boom, Manning's going to have a tough time throwing (and that's assuming the weather is even agreeable to a passing offense.
You act like the 15 year vet has never seen a pass rush before. QBs that run do so in large part because they don't know how to face the pressure. Manning is extremely decisive and excellent at stepping up into the pocket and delivering throws when the heat is coming. Plus Denver has a great pass blocking o-line. That should be a great battle though...Denver's offensive line vs the Seattle front 7.

Weather could definitely be a factor though. That's why I say the match-up favors Seattle (better defense and running game).
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

I don't know, did you see those lameduck passes Manning was throwing up against NE? He won't be able to get away with that against the Seahawks.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

He's been throwing the ball like that all year. His timing and accuracy is what makes him so dangerous.

Arm strength is meaningless if you don't have the brains. Ask Stafford.
The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

Haven't followed the NFL politics but who is accountable for deciding to have the game in an open stadium on the east coast in Feb with all the indoor / warm weather stadium options available?....and why does he still have a job?

Denver - 27

Heehawks - 16
E UNUM PLURIBUS
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

The Seer wrote:Haven't followed the NFL politics but who is accountable for deciding to have the game in an open stadium on the east coast in Feb with all the indoor / warm weather stadium options available?....and why does he still have a job?
It's a reacharound for getting a new stadium. While Goodell is from a town in NY state that gets a lot of lake-effect snow (and will probably be in a cozy box anyways), I hope that he gets an earful from others about what an abortion of a location to hold the SB in.
9/27/22
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

Diego in Seattle wrote:Seattle Legion of Boom.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Stupidest. Defensive. Nickname. Ever.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Diego in Seattle wrote:
The Seer wrote:Haven't followed the NFL politics but who is accountable for deciding to have the game in an open stadium on the east coast in Feb with all the indoor / warm weather stadium options available?....and why does he still have a job?
It's a reacharound for getting a new stadium. While Goodell is from a town in NY state that gets a lot of lake-effect snow (and will probably be in a cozy box anyways), I hope that he gets an earful from others about what an abortion of a location to hold the SB in.
The Super Bowl should regularly be played outside in northern locations. It's football. It should also be moved to Saturday afternoon.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

BSmack wrote:
Diego in Seattle wrote:Seattle Legion of Boom.

Stupidest. Defensive. Nickname. Ever.

History has shown over and over that the team with the stupid fucking nickname/dance whatever always loses. The only exception I remember was the 85 Bears, who were good enough to overcome the Curse of the Stupid.

First example of the Curse of the Stupid was the late 70's Donks, where the idiots on defense stood before the cameras and had the douchitude to squeeze cans of Orange Crush while barking something about "we're the orange crush!!!" Even at my young age, I knew then and there the idiots would lose. I've hated the Doinks with great passion ever since.

I'm just surprised the "12th Man" doesn't break out their new, original dance -- the Ickey Shuffle. I mean, these people are truly noted for their originality.

A Super Bowl between the 2 teams I have a seething, unhealthy hatred for... neato.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Waynegro
Elwood

Post by Waynegro »

Dungver in a blowout

Donkeys - 38

Seafags - 13
Jay in Phoenix
Eternal Scobode

Post by Jay in Phoenix »

Simply put, Denver wins another trophy an Peyton gets his second ring. Too much bad karma coming from the Seahawk knuckleheads.

Broncos: 28

Seasquawks: 20

Don't know if the points are going to be that high with the elements, but Denver should still win.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Goober McTuber wrote:The Super Bowl should regularly be played outside in northern locations. It's football. It should also be moved to Saturday afternoon.
Right on both points (for once).

It's fukking football. The weather should suck.

I will never understand the reasoning behind scheduling a game Sunday night. Some dude on the radio was discussing this this morning. Another dude said it was for TV ratings?

wha?

It is the fukking stupid bowl, play it Saturday afternoon and your audience goes up, particularly among kids and the handful of us that Barry hasn't run into the unemployement line yet. Idiots that use the logic that saturday afternoon TV viewership numbers are low, really aren't that bright. They are low because saturda afternoon is normally a time people do others things. These other things would be put aside for the SB.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff
2023/24 3BB Champion, 2022/2023 3BB CoChampion

Post by Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff »

Look for some read option stuff from the Seahawks in this game, plus some reverses and maybe another Jap play that the Broncos haven't seen on film. Broncos passing game will be whored in the red zone and Manning throws 2 INTs and gags. Look for Welker to gag to death on his own dick once again with a key drop. And we are due for the first SB OT.

Seahawks 26, Broncos 23 (OT)

Lynch MVP 146 yards, 1 TD
Moreno 14 rush 48 yards

Wilson 19-28 203 yards 1 TD 1 INT
Manning 25-37 254 yards 1 TD 2 INTs

D. Thomas 8 Rec 109 yards 1 TD
Tate 6 rec 89 yds

Sherman 1 INT 13 yards
Jay in Phoenix
Eternal Scobode

Post by Jay in Phoenix »

It doesn't matter about the porker in 3G, Jerkoff is going to whiff on every single prediction. As he usually does.

The only one that might come close is the game score. But fuck the Seahawks.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

smackaholic wrote:It's fukking football. The weather should suck.
The reality is that"The Super Bowl" is a lot more than just the game.
It's a week of activity -- a convention.

It's very foolish to hold such an event in a location where the weather is potentially a very big pain in the ass for everyone.

Smackaholic wrote:play it Saturday afternoon and your audience goes up. These other things would be put aside for the SB.
No, they wouldn't be.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

poptart wrote:
smackaholic wrote:play it Saturday afternoon and your audience goes up. These other things would be put aside for the SB.
No, they wouldn't be.
Yes, they would be.
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Jay in Phoenix
Eternal Scobode

Post by Jay in Phoenix »

I gotta agree with Poptart and Scott here. Football, the NFL brand, has always worked better on a Sunday. And as to cold weather or snow and rain, yeah it does make a game more interesting and fun to watch. That said, poptart had a valid point in that it doesn't work from the aspect of an event, as a "convention", which is precisely what the Super Bowl is. Look at what happened in Dallas.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Seattle 29
Denver 24
R-Jack
Non Sequitur Legend

Post by R-Jack »

Goober McTuber wrote:
poptart wrote:
smackaholic wrote:play it Saturday afternoon and your audience goes up. These other things would be put aside for the SB.
No, they wouldn't be.
Yes, they would be.
Really? Move it from a day the entire viewing world has traditionally nothing to do to a day where most has to admittedly adjust their schedules and numbers will improve?

How Madison Ave. missed marketing geniuses like you retards I'll never know :lol:
kcdave
crusader

Post by kcdave »

Sea 27
den 24
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

R-Jack wrote:Really? Move it from a day the entire viewing world has traditionally nothing to do to a day where most has to admittedly adjust their schedules and numbers will improve?

How Madison Ave. missed marketing geniuses like you retards I'll never know :lol:
Happy belated birthday, bitch. At least move it up about 4 hours, so I can be semi-sober for the 2nd half.

R-Jack
Non Sequitur Legend

Post by R-Jack »

Or move it back four hours so I can be semi sober by the second half
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Or move it back to Friday night so there's a chance I might be sober by Monday morning.

Sin,
AP
9/27/22
Joe in PB
2008 / 2009 JAFFL Champ

Post by Joe in PB »

Seattle 27

Denver 24
Butkus didn't wear an earring.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

wilson looking sharp
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

nice lob
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Papa Willie wrote:Paging SEASON OVER troll.
This is fucking pathetic. But what did we expect from the winner of the AFC West?
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

So much for ball protection.

Even Marty had something called the "Seattle Rules" when the Chiefs played the Hawks back in the 90s...

Not gonna lie: Enjoying every moment of this beat-down. Hope Horse Face is crying in his oats up in his suite right now.
R-Jack
Non Sequitur Legend

Post by R-Jack »

Fuck, even Cooper had a better day today :lol:
R-Jack
Non Sequitur Legend

Post by R-Jack »

Shit, PSH had a better day than all of us by Belushi'ing himself before kickoff
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Btw, I wonder if Felix is going to come in and inform the forum that Denver outplayed Seattle -- if not for the 4 turnovers.

:)

Remember that?
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

The game wasn't even as close as the score would indicate. The NFL's worst nightmare. I bailed in middle of the 3rd quarter. That was probably the worst game I've seen all season.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
R-Jack
Non Sequitur Legend

Post by R-Jack »

mvscal wrote:The game wasn't even as close as the score would indicate. The NFL's worst nightmare. I bailed in middle of the 3rd quarter. That was probably the worst game I've seen all season.
It's the fucking Donks. Outside of the Terrell Davis years, making Super Bowls unwatchable through sheer ineptitude is their goddamn legacy. Getting urine and feces stains out of white football pants has been a guarded secret passed down from equipment manager to equipment manager since 1987.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

mvscal wrote:The game wasn't even as close as the score would indicate. The NFL's worst nightmare. I bailed in middle of the 3rd quarter. That was probably the worst game I've seen all season.
me too.....what an embarassment that was
seattle was playing at about 2 speed levels above denver and it was like they knew what denver was going to do before denver knew.....manning looked lost out there

even at half time I still held out some hope, but Harvin's return dashed that....congrats to the seahawks on a dominating performance....they deserved it
get out, get out while there's still time
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Felix wrote: seattle was playing at about 2 speed levels above denver
No shit.

They should drug test every last player on both teams, the squawks for amphetamines and the donks for valium.

I couldn't believe what I was seeing.