Saturday nite at Darlington

Please donate to the War Wagon memorial A/C fund.

Moderator: War Wagon

War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Saturday nite at Darlington

Post by War Wagon »

Since when did they put up lights at the Lady in Black?

Whatever, I'm just glad that they're racing on Mother's Day weekend in what traditionally used to be an off week.

I see where Kahne has the poll, right after I booted him from my team.

I can pick 'em, let me tell you.
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Re: Saturday nite at Darlington

Post by MuchoBulls »

War Wagon wrote:I see where Kahne has the poll, right after I booted him from my team.
I did the same thing.
Dreams......Temporary Madness
rozy
Cowboy

Post by rozy »

:twisted:
John Boehner wrote:Boehner said. "In Congress, we have a red button, a green button and a yellow button, alright. Green means 'yes,' red means 'no,' and yellow means you're a chicken shit. And the last thing we need in the White House, in the oval office, behind that big desk, is some chicken who wants to push this yellow button.
Atomic Punk
antagonist

Post by Atomic Punk »

The weirdest thing is there isn't going to be a Southern 500 this year. I know NASCAR is going for bigger venues for mo revenue and they are going to watch for the attendance.

At least they are racin' tonight! I can't get enough of this stuff.
BSmack wrote:Best. AP take. Ever.

Seriously. I don't disagree with a word of it.
trev
New Sheriff in Town

Post by trev »

Racing on Mother's Day weekend, Trevor's 400th save, 3 wins in the 314, my birthday...maybe Ryan Newman will get one tonight.....
PrimeX
Koko B1

Post by PrimeX »

UnFriggin'War Edwards spinout. I was totally pwning the Nascar Fantasy league up until then this evening, but I did still end up with 3 top ten drivers, and Vickers loser ass.

I was rootin' for Newman, but dayum...Biffle and his team are on fire this year. Rack nightime racing 4-evar!
trev
New Sheriff in Town

Post by trev »

Damn.

I hate Mark Martin now.

Mark Martin 6 Ford

Height: 5-6 Weight: 135
Born: Jan 9, 1959, Batesville, AR

No wonder I hate him. He's a fucking midget who drives a Ford.

Ok, I'm all better now.

By the way Prime, you're still doing very well in the game.
trev
New Sheriff in Town

Post by trev »

Huh? I must have missed that.

That being said, there was no wreck. No pile up. There was really no karma either. How would Ryan getting fresh tires help him? Wouldn't he have been behind the pack if everyone else stayed out? :roll:

Congratulations Paul. Your above post appears to be pretty tardish.

Ryan was a good sport after the race. Yeah, he's the biggest prick on the circuit. :roll:
rozy
Cowboy

Post by rozy »

trev wrote:Huh? I must have missed that.

That being said, there was no wreck. No pile up. There was really no karma either. How would Ryan getting fresh tires help him? Wouldn't he have been behind the pack if everyone else stayed out? :roll:

Congratulations Paul. Your above post appears to be pretty tardish.

Ryan was a good sport after the race. Yeah, he's the biggest prick on the circuit. :roll:
Look at the previous posts' author. I got a spare grain of salt if ya need it. :wink:

Newman should have come in for at least 2 tires like Biffle did. But I don't know if anything could have held Biffle off at the end.
John Boehner wrote:Boehner said. "In Congress, we have a red button, a green button and a yellow button, alright. Green means 'yes,' red means 'no,' and yellow means you're a chicken shit. And the last thing we need in the White House, in the oval office, behind that big desk, is some chicken who wants to push this yellow button.
Atomic Punk
antagonist

Post by Atomic Punk »

trev wrote: How would Ryan getting fresh tires help him? Wouldn't he have been behind the pack if everyone else stayed out? :roll:
Some of the guys were saying that their tires were so worn out that they could barely steer the car. That's my guess as to why Ryan came in.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Atomic Punk wrote:
That's my guess as to why Ryan came in.
Newman didn't come in for tires, thus the discussion. What race were you watching?
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

trev wrote: Congratulations Paul. Your above post appears to be pretty tardish.
Appears? :?
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

KC Paul 3.0 wrote:...his crew chief's DUMBASS call NOT to get fresh tires when the rest of the cars on the lead lap came in sealed that little prick's fate.
Let me help you out Paul, since I know you have trouble interpreting what you read. Read the bolded parts, and then the italicized part...I know the latter is what got your panties in a bunch. You have to learn to take things in a larger context before sticking your foot in your mouth.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tire gamble costly for Newman in Nextel Cup race

The Associated Press

Ryan Newman gambled and lost in the Nextel Cup race Saturday night at Darlington (S.C.) Raceway.

When a late caution forced teams to gamble on pit strategy, Newman made the wrong decision and stayed out on the track. The contenders behind him all stopped for new tires and used the fresh rubber to blow past Newman on the restart.

The result was Greg Biffle winning his third race of the season while Newman faded to a fifth-place finish in the Dodge Charger 500.

“That's the way it works sometimes,” Newman said. “Sometimes you're the dealer and sometimes you're not. I can't say it was a bad call by any means. We had a car that should have definitely won this race but didn't.”

Newman had seized the lead from Biffle and was cruising to his first win of the season. No one was even close to catching him.

But with less than five laps to go, Mark Martin lost control of his car, bringing out a caution.

It was decision time.

Biffle knew stopping for four fresh tires was his only option. He had lost a race the same way earlier this season, when he chose not to change the rubber on his car at Bristol and lost any chance at a victory.

“There was no question we were coming for tires,” Biffle said. “We were coming no matter what.”

But Newman wasn't so sure what to do.

As the leader, he knew all the drivers behind him were watching and waiting for his decision. If he ducked off the track for tires, there was no guarantee anyone else would. Newman would be shuffled back into the pack without enough time left to race back to the front.

And he knew if he decided against taking tires, several cars would surely stop and hope the fresh tires would propel them past Newman in the two-lap dash to the finish.

So Newman stayed out.

Everyone else went in.

Newman was a sitting duck.

“I couldn't imagine Ryan restarting on those worn tires,” Biffle said. “I knew we'd be four seconds a lap quicker. I knew I had him beat.”

Jeff Gordon, who was riding in third at the time of the caution and ended up finishing second, sympathized with Newman's predicament.

“The lead in a situation like that is the toughest place to be,” Gordon said. “I'm sure he didn't think that many guys were going to come in and take tires.”

Newman tried one last maneuver to pull out the win when he was slow on the restart, forcing Ken Schrader to lock up his brakes to avoid running into Newman.

Had the action caused an accident, it would have brought out a caution that would have ended the race with Newman in front.

“I was just hoping they'd crash right away at the start,” Newman said. “That didn't happen, unfortunately. I gave them too clean of a restart, and that's the way it ended.”

Yikes! Paul may have a point after all. :?
Atomic Punk
antagonist

Post by Atomic Punk »

Well, I went to take a piss and thought he took tires when I came back. UNbode me.
BSmack wrote:Best. AP take. Ever.

Seriously. I don't disagree with a word of it.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Sort of like your take on the Derby.

I let that slide.

Racin' is racin', hoss.
trev
New Sheriff in Town

Post by trev »

War Wagon wrote:
As the leader, he knew all the drivers behind him were watching and waiting for his decision. If he ducked off the track for tires, there was no guarantee anyone else would. Newman would be shuffled back into the pack without enough time left to race back to the front.
Well. There we have it.

Paul?
trev
New Sheriff in Town

Post by trev »

KC Paul 3.0 wrote:Newman would've finished better with 4 new tires than what he did. PERIOD.
Woulda, coulda, shoulda, TARDO. Better than 5th????? How so? I think he would have finished WORSE than 5th with the time it would have took him to get 2 OR 4 tires, if everyone else stayed out. It was the Martin spin that caused Ryan's late loss. Just to set you straight. Not the tire decision.

Paul, I'm gonna have to put you on notice. :lol:
trev
New Sheriff in Town

Post by trev »

KC Paul 3.0 wrote:Frankly trev I don't care what you think about my take on that little prick bastard Newman- I stand by it. Besides, it isn't like I tune in to each and every NASCAR race. I quit following it closely after The Intimidator left us at Daytona in '01. Well, THAT and because I'm a drag racer and it's pretty much a better form of motorsport. :wink:
Good Lord Paul, if you don't really follow NASCAR, but come in here calling a solid driver like RN a prick, please feel free to stay out. Truly. Don't come back unless you want to piled on by a girl. Jeezus. Go.
trev
New Sheriff in Town

Post by trev »

I've seen no disrespect for Rusty, as a matter of fact I love Rusty and wish he's get ONE this year, his last year, but really what HAS Rusty done lately? Go, Paul. Until you can respect the classy in NASCAR. Go back to whatever it is you come from.
MRCTM
Inferiority Complex

Post by MRCTM »

trev wrote:I've seen no disrespect for Rusty, as a matter of fact I love Rusty and wish he's get ONE this year, his last year, but really what HAS Rusty done lately? Go, Paul. Until you can respect the classy in NASCAR. Go back to whatever it is you come from.
Newman and Wallace have no love for one another, that is common knowledge. What has Rusty done lately?....Well, nothing and I can't stand him, but what has Newman done? The answer would be nothing Trev. Ryan Newman can qualify his ass off, but get him in a crowd and he quickly runs out of talent.
rozy
Cowboy

Post by rozy »

Good Lord what a tard convention we are gathering here.

Rusty Wallace is a stone cold jackass and always has been. If Newman has been giving Rustoleum problems then RACK Ryan.

I wonder who led the circuit in wins 2 years ago? By a very wide margin?

L'il help?

Dumbasses.
KFC ChickenFried 3 and a Half wrote:I've FORGOTTEN more about racing and motorsports in general than you'll ever know.
Then you have no excuse for your ignorant takes here. RACK Trev

Knowledge does NOT equal wisdom and understanding.
MRCTM
Inferiority Complex

Post by MRCTM »

2003 was a year that Ryan won a ton of races....I'll give you that. But weren't those wins a product of the harder tires and a killer fuel milage strategy? Ryan has talent, no doubt, but after winning all of those races, he still finished 6th in the points that year.