Next Indy 500 Champ?

Please donate to the War Wagon memorial A/C fund.

Moderator: War Wagon

Tiberious
Resident Bookie

Next Indy 500 Champ?

Post by Tiberious »

I think so!!!!!!!!!

Danica Patrick.
You know who I am.

Make the world a better place, punch Urban Meyer in the face.
Jimmy Medalions
Student Body Right

Post by Jimmy Medalions »

She's hot.

Sin,
DeWayne Walker wrote:"They could have put 55 points on us today. I was happy they didn't run the score up. . . .
Gunslinger
Sir Slappy Tits

Post by Gunslinger »

They have been talking about her to hype up the sex appeal. Yeh, she looks good, but more like marriage material rather than "FUCK SHE'S HOT AND I'M JERKIN IT!", like Gwen Stefani.

Sarah Fisher was the hyped one a couple of years ago, horrible picture, but much hotter.

Atomic Punk
antagonist

Post by Atomic Punk »

I've been hearing about Danica for the last week on the SPEED channel. Women tend to be physically capable of doing well in high performance vehicles such as cars and airplanes. Most of the ones getting into racing aren't very good or aggressive.

They keep putting bad female drivers in Busch series rides that can't compete with the big boys. There is a good dirt track girl but that's about it.
BSmack wrote:Best. AP take. Ever.

Seriously. I don't disagree with a word of it.
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Post by Diego in Seattle »

Atomic Punk wrote:I've been hearing about Danica for the last week on the SPEED channel. Women tend to be physically capable of doing well in high performance vehicles such as cars and airplanes. Most of the ones getting into racing aren't very good or aggressive.

They keep putting bad female drivers in Busch series rides that can't compete with the big boys. There is a good dirt track girl but that's about it.
Are the women getting rides as good as the big boys, dumbfuck? Shauna Robinson didn't do very well, but she was driving in a car that no guy could get into the top ten, either. Put some women in some decent wheels & then make a judgement. Until then, STFU idiot.
trev
New Sheriff in Town

Post by trev »

Diego in Seattle wrote:
Are the women getting rides as good as the big boys, dumbfuck? Shauna Robinson didn't do very well, but she was driving in a car that no guy could get into the top ten, either. Put some women in some decent wheels & then make a judgement. Until then, STFU idiot.
Bwahaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How about get some women to drive decent first?

You have it backwards. Not surprising. :lol:
Rushville
Elwood

Post by Rushville »

Don't look now fellas, but Danica was just the first woman to run the fastest lap in a full official practice day before the 500. Yesterday she ran a 227.6 mph.

As for her ride, she's driving for Rahal/Letterman which means she's the teammate of last year's 500 winner Buddy Rice. By the way, Buddy wrecked in practice two days ago and the doctors held him off the track for a few days because he suffered a concussion. He won't be available to qualify on pole day which means that Danica's car is getting all the attention the Rahal/Letterman team to run for the pole. I'm not going to call a race win for her yet since she's only started 4 IndyCar races. But she's got the car and the skill to turn fast laps which could make her a legitimate female pole contender.

I know, I know. Insert your "female sitting on the pole" joke here. Very funny.

Back to racing. Danica did qualify for the front row for the Tokyo IndyCar race and she ran that entire race in the top 5. This could be very interesting.

As for the Danica vs. Sarah Fisher, I'd call Sarah cute, but in an athletic sort of way. Danica's got genuine good looks that don't require a lot of make-up.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

As promised, I culled all the garb... the posts not relevant to the topic at hand.

Nice take Rush...

227.6 mph? That's some serious speed. I'll be rooting for her to show the boys a thing or two, though it's doubtful she'll have the strength or endurance to run up front for 500 miles. I hope I'm wrong.
Rushville
Elwood

Post by Rushville »

It was admitted that she ran that 227.6 in a tow with other cars. But aside from that lap she ran several consecutive laps in the 226 range. And all of those who practiced have run their fastest laps in a tow anyway. So it's no fluke.

And here's another couple of pics of her...

And her ride...

MRCTM
Inferiority Complex

Post by MRCTM »

Atomic Punk wrote: There is a good dirt track girl but that's about it.
That would be Erin Crocker, she was doing fairly well in the World of Outlaws, and now she is driving Ray Evernham's ARCA/Re-Max car in his develpment program.

As for Sara Fisher, she is driving in the Grand National West series for Richard Childress.

I look for both to make an attempt at cup racing, time will tell I suppose.
JiT3
Crack Whore

Post by JiT3 »

Danica is a threat to win Indy this year but, the sleeper I am booking on is Vitor Meria, her teammate.

Actually there are quite a few who have a legitimate shot. If Kanaan can stay out of trouble he could do it. He was in the lead in 2003 (?) when he hit fresh oil laid down about 20 seconds before by a blown engine and hit the turn 3 wall. AP ran my shot of that crash.
Rushville
Elwood

Post by Rushville »

Holy Shit!

A JiT3 sighting!

You still hanging out at that crap board?
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Rushville wrote:Holy Shit!

A JiT3 sighting!
Yes, my efforts have been rewarded.

Now that we have a true open wheel knowledgeable race fan on board, all we need is m7 to drop in spewing F1 semen to really see some sparks fly.

~rubs hands together~
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

I like Kanaan or Hornish to win today...Danica will finish in the top 10.
rozy
Cowboy

Post by rozy »

I'll take Franchitti.

No reason, just a hunch.
John Boehner wrote:Boehner said. "In Congress, we have a red button, a green button and a yellow button, alright. Green means 'yes,' red means 'no,' and yellow means you're a chicken shit. And the last thing we need in the White House, in the oval office, behind that big desk, is some chicken who wants to push this yellow button.
JiT3
Crack Whore

Post by JiT3 »

Vitor finished 2nd, damn, cost me $60 in the pool but Wheldon was just too strong. Good guy too, glad to see him finally win one after taking an flying ride in the north chute a couple of years ago.