2012 CFB Pickem Champ

Hell, I'll start the B1G CCG Thread...

Post by Carson »

Go Sparty!

10-0

Urban's having chest pains.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Re: Hell, I'll start the B1G CCG Thread...

Post by Dinsdale »

tOSU needs to open up the playbook a bit. Sparty hasn't let anything up the middle work, and there's no reason to think that's going to change.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
campinfool
2009 PET Champion

Post by campinfool »

Looking at this game I'm starting to think the MAC has more clout in this world. Jesus Fucking Christ this is bad. Don't have a pony in this race but I'm really leaning towards hoping the OSU bus crashes on the way home. Fuck that piece of shit Urban Meyer.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Apparently you didn't watch the debacle that was the SEC game.

The MAC thought those teams sucked on D.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

OSU hasn't done much with their designed offense. Mostly just Miller breaking contain and making plays. Which was a big concern coming into the game. MSU stacks the box so they are susceptible to the big play.

Feels like MSU should be up more than 7 at the half but I'll take it. Gotta find a ground game.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Papa Willie wrote:Only difference is that Auburn can roll up 500 rushing yards on a good defense.

When did that happen?

Sure wasn't today. Mizzou's D was god-awful.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Actually, watching that crap today, I wqas saying "damn, and I thought Oregon's run D was bad."

Since watching Mizzou, I upgraded it to "almost mediocre."
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Yeah, if we get that 5th straight BCS bid, I'll be pretty bitter.

WTF is wrong with you?
Carson
2012 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by Carson »

THIS

IS

SPARTA!!!!!!!!!!
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Papa Willie wrote:
Dinsdale wrote:Yeah, if we get that 5th straight BCS bid, I'll be pretty bitter.

WTF is wrong with you?
Youre yapping about a bcs game? Bwah! Im yapping about the ncg, dude!

Your one meaningful bowl (for which you do have BODE-BTW)?
Cross Traffic
Eternal Scobode

Post by Cross Traffic »

Props to Sparty on the win.
campinfool
2009 PET Champion

Post by campinfool »

Thanks to Sparty for saving us fans from watching another Big1G team being beat down in a big time bowl game. How bout some more helmet stickers for the losers for all those times they beat up on their epic schedule.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Have to wonder if we did have the 4-teamer this year...who would round the field? Baylor/MSU/Stanford to fill those other two spots? I'm not going to miss the BCS...conference championship weekend is going to be a lot more interesting next year. I can't put a two loss Stanford in over Sparty or Baylor...I think you'd have FSU/Auburn/MSU/Baylor as your football Final 4.
Carson
2012 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by Carson »

How dare you exclude the Almighty Tide!

sin,

bammers
Moby Dick
2017 JAFFL Champ

Post by Moby Dick »

Latest projections show OU and Bama in the sugar bowl.

uggghhhhhh
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

Moby Dick wrote:Latest projections show OU and Bama in the sugar bowl.

uggghhhhhh

Bama would score a thousand on us.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Great game. Weird game. If you would've told me MSU would lose the turnover battle and the ground game (to the tune of 139 yards) but win by double digits, I would've said no chance. But that's what they've done all year to people. Won every game against Big Ten opponents by double digits despite all circumstances. OSU scoring 24 unanswered was demoralizing but MSU responded nicely. They won the game on Cook's arm and making enough plays on D. I can't stress "enough" enough because OSU is going to get theirs. Hyde and Miller are beasts. That 4th and 1 stop in the 4th quarter was epic.

Bring on the Trees.
buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

Props Sparty...awesome game and win...good luck against the tree

My only issue...Jesse Palmer was HIGHLY complimentary of OSU last night...what a difference a week makes...last week he couldn't stop talking about bastardizing OSU...but last night he was like this 24 game win streak was awesome OSU should be commended, blah, blah...what the fuck ever faggot...he is probably taking another round from Gus in his shit bag right now...
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Props to MSU.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
L45B
Commanche Hero

Post by L45B »

Props to Mgo and the Spartans, impressive win on Saturday. I'm sure somewhere, Tressel was smiling at his boys (Dantonio & Bollman) holding up roses. MSU was just plain and simple, the better team. Not just on that particular night, but in general.

Defense wins championships and until Ohio State fields one, they won't be winning any.
“My dentist, that’s another beauty, my dentist, you kiddin’ me. It cost me five thousand dollars to have all new teeth put in. Now he tells me I need braces!” —Rodney Dangerfield
L45B
Commanche Hero

Post by L45B »

Sudden Sam wrote:Sure woulda liked to see Urban and Nick matched up in the Sugar. Love to kick that ass again.
I thought you guys might've gotten a game with Oregon, which would've been interesting. We won't be ready for you guys until next year-- when Urban's got more of his recruits and Saban's at Texas. :grin:
“My dentist, that’s another beauty, my dentist, you kiddin’ me. It cost me five thousand dollars to have all new teeth put in. Now he tells me I need braces!” —Rodney Dangerfield
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

After all is said and done the Grandaddy is as it should be. PAC champs vs. B1G champs. This is going to be one fuck of a great game.
L45B
Commanche Hero

Post by L45B »

Mikey wrote:After all is said and done the Grandaddy is as it should be. PAC champs vs. B1G champs. This is going to be one fuck of a great game.
Totally agree. This is what the Rose Bowl is all about, and the 100th game is an old school matchup between two teams that are well coached and like to play smashmouth ball.

MSU hasn't been to Pasadena since '88, when they had Lorenzo White and Andre Rison.

(Mute button is highly encouraged.)
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Mikey wrote:After all is said and done the Grandaddy is as it should be. PAC champs vs. B1G champs. This is going to be one fuck of a great game.
Absolutely. I know we'll hear all the "first team to 6 points wins" jokes, but I think this will be more of a 24-21 type game.

Stanford's o-line is my biggest concern, not just their talent, but they will throw extra bodies out there and basically run goal line sets at midfield at times. I don't think MSU is real vulnerable anywhere on D, but if I had to pick one area, it would be their d-tackles. Which isn't good since Stanford likes to pound it right up the middle all day. MSU will have to rotate guys on the line to keep them fresh. And the DBs will have to play well in run support like they have all year. That said, MSU has been very good at shutting down traditional pro-style teams, but Stanford is the best one they'll have faced since 2011 Wisconsin, probably.

I suspect the game will come down to who has the better day between Cook and Hogan. From what I understand, the secondary is Stanford's weakness on D. Cook and his WRs have played very well recently, so I like that match up.