jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Re: Chiefs 7-0

Post by jiminphilly »

Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

I don't know how they keep doing it.....keyrist they were 2-14 last year, and their hasn't been a significant change in personnel, so I'm going to have to assume it's Reid and Utton that have made the difference.....Smith is a "don't lose the game" kind of QB....not a significant upgrade.....but the defense is pretty badass......they're eventually going to run into a team that can put some points on the board, so it will be interesting to see what happens when faced with the prospect of scoring a lot of points on a decent defense.....
get out, get out while there's still time
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

You have to give Reid some of the credit. Well, that and the schedule. Dallas is the only halfway decent team they’ve played and they beat them by one point. NYG and Houston have been way less than advertised. Nonetheless, 7-0 is still impressive in today’s NFL.

Mizzou has likewise benefitted from the schedule. They didn’t face a decent team till week 6, then got Georgia and Florida when both were backsliding. But they have taken care of business each and every week, and made me some money to boot.

Hopefully, both teams will crash and burn by Thanksgiving, and the world will return to normal.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

Reid left the Eagles team in shambles. They have very little homegrown talent on defense as a result of his shitty drafts. Wanna judge Reid? Wait 2-3 years when his shitty drafts start to impact the depth on the team.
Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

Goober McTuber wrote:Mizzou has likewise benefitted from the schedule. They didn’t face a decent team till week 6, then got Georgia and Florida when both were backsliding.
So we should disregard pre-season #23 Wisky's 5-2 start because they haven't beaten a team with a winning record yet this year? Gotcha.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Truman wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote:Mizzou has likewise benefitted from the schedule. They didn’t face a decent team till week 6, then got Georgia and Florida when both were backsliding.
So we should disregard pre-season #23 Wisky's 5-2 start because they haven't beaten a team with a winning record yet this year? Gotcha.
Don't get all butt-hurt, Trudy. I gave the Tiggers credit for taking care of business.
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

orcinus
2013 JAFFL Champ

Post by orcinus »

jiminphilly wrote:Reid left the Eagles team in shambles. They have very little homegrown talent on defense as a result of his shitty drafts. Wanna judge Reid? Wait 2-3 years when his shitty drafts start to impact the depth on the team.
Reid didn't work out in Philly, partially because he wasn't able to effectively manage the many hats he wore for your organization over an extended period of time. That relationship soured each year his teams didn't live up to expectations, which understandably grew higher and higher with each successful campaign. Natural progression, of sorts. More and more fan pressure to win now eventually leads to more and more ownership pressure to do the same. It's hard to in the NFL and unrealistic to expect a Super Bowl every season. As a result, the hot-seat mentality forces you to bring in high-priced hired guns. When they pan out, you're a genius with a strapped cap budget at best. When they don't, the sky usually starts falling. His time in your city was over, and both sides improved their position immediately upon his release.

In Kansas City, there's a motivated, recharged Reid who just wants to coach, and that's pretty much all he has to do here ... other than follow the primary directive to not be guys named Haley and Crennel. Time will tell if the Dorsey/Ballard team can make an impact as partners in the front office, but I like what we're seeing thus far.

Considering Kansas City dealt with the waning years of the Peterson era and then ate a Pioli shit sandwich the past few, I'd say there's nowhere else to go but up.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

I absolutely love this, just beautiful.

jiminphilly wrote:Image
Paul
Elwood

Re: Chiefs 8-0

Post by Paul »

Definitely had more trouble putting away the Brownstains than I anticipated, but a win is a win.

Chiefs have almost NO margin for error, yet the teams they play continue to shoot themselves in the foot and we take advantage every single time.

Davon Bess, thank you for being a Brown.

Next up, the Bills. I'm worried BIG TIME about this game. Chiefs NEVER do well in that shithole.

8-0.

Still doesn't seem possible...but I'm loving every minute of it.
Tiger Woods....ALLEGEDLY wrote:"Hey, it's, uh, it's Tiger. I need you to do me a huge favor. Um, can you please, uh, take your name off your phone. My wife went through my phone. And, uh, may be calling you. If you can, please take your name off that and, um, and what do you call it just have it as a number on the voice mail, just have it as your telephone number. That's it, OK. You gotta do this for me. Huge. Quickly. All right. Bye."
Sirfindafold
Shit Thread Alert

Post by Sirfindafold »

Paul wrote:...but I'm loving every minute of it.

Don't get your hopes too high.

sin,

2006 San Diego disChargers

queefs = fools gold
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Paul wrote:Definitely had more trouble putting away the Brownstains than I anticipated,
That's because you're an idiot who thinks the Queefs are worth a stale fart.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
Paul
Elwood

Post by Paul »

mvscal wrote:That's because you're an idiot who thinks the Queefs are worth a stale fart.
8-0 says otherwise, but keep up the hate douschebag.
Tiger Woods....ALLEGEDLY wrote:"Hey, it's, uh, it's Tiger. I need you to do me a huge favor. Um, can you please, uh, take your name off your phone. My wife went through my phone. And, uh, may be calling you. If you can, please take your name off that and, um, and what do you call it just have it as a number on the voice mail, just have it as your telephone number. That's it, OK. You gotta do this for me. Huge. Quickly. All right. Bye."
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Paul wrote:
mvscal wrote:That's because you're an idiot who thinks the Queefs are worth a stale fart.
8-0 says otherwise, but keep up the hate douschebag.
If by "hate" you mean "healthy skepticism", then yes. The only team KC has beaten that currently sports a winning record is the Cowboys. By 1 point. At Arrowhead. Enjoy first place while you can, tubby. It's probably over with December 1st.

Paul
Elwood

Post by Paul »

Goober McTuber wrote:The only team KC has beaten that currently sports a winning record is the Cowboys. By 1 point. At Arrowhead. Enjoy first place while you can, tubby. It's probably over with December 1st.
Maybe, maybe not. In the meantime we're still UNDEFEATED. And almost a lock to get into the playoffs, which suddenly looks dicey at best for your Packers. You guys are FUCKED without Rodgers. Period.

BTW, it doesn't matter who we've played and beaten. This isn't college football where strength of schedule means anything.

Any given Sunday. Or Monday night. Or Thursday night.
Goober McTuber

Re: Chiefs 9-0

Post by Goober McTuber »

KC probably peaked too early (think 2007 Patriots). They’ll crash and burn eventually, at which point (thankfully) your FAT fucking RETARDED ass will disappear once again.

I thought Ted Thompson totally misplayed his hand this year regarding the backup QB position. Time will tell.

Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

Goober McTuber wrote:KC probably peaked too early (think 2007 Patriots).
Peaked? :?

They've beaten all the pedestrian teams on their pedestrian schedule. Beyond that, I really don't disagree with anything else you've written. Our season starts a week from Sunday in Denver.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Truman wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote:KC probably peaked too early (think 2007 Patriots).
Peaked? :?
Yes, peaked. As in reached their highpoint. It's all downhill from here. :wink:

War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

I've been down this road before, more than once. 1995,1997,2003... to get overly excited about anything that happens in the regular season other than simply making the playoffs.

Best record, home field thru-out, doesn't mean shit other than being setup for yet another bitter, excruciatingly painful exit.

If and when they actually win a playoff game, it will be more a relief than anything else besides moving on.
kcdave
crusader

Post by kcdave »

The most over hyped Chiefs game ever is upon us. donk week. Most books have KC as an early 8 point dog. I would take the Chiefs and points. Manning is dinged, which is a positive. Hali and Houston have to put
a hurtin' on his old ass. Get is his face, in his head, and knock his dick in the dirt early. DB's need to get it on right at the line of scrimmage and but those rcvr's right in the mouths. It has been said a million times. You have
to disrupt the timing, or horse face jr. will pick you apart.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Donks will run the ball a lot and try short passes and screens to keep the pressure of Peyton, whether he's dinged up or not. KC won't allow a pass play over 20 yards unless it's YAC but the Donks will still score at least 24, more than KC has allowed in any single game this year.

Chiefs will need Charles to have his usual production and Bowe to finally break out. Alex Smith has to take some chances down field, not dink and doink like he has all year.

Over hyped? I don't think so. This game deserves all the hype any regular season game could ever generate, and then again 2 weeks later.

If Manning is even 75%, they win. If not, or he gets slammed a few times, Chiefs have a great chance of walking out of Piled High 10-0.

But I'll assume he stays upright enough to eek out a 24-20 win.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

War Wagon wrote:Chiefs have a great chance of walking out of Piled High 10-0.
it's going to be KC's first real test (who came up with their lame ass schedule).....the broncos make-shift line is starting to deteriorate and manning is starting to get hit a lot......if there was a defense that was tailor made to stop denver, it's KC's.....can they? doubtful with all of those offensive weapons, but keeping manning off the field is the way to beat them......I think it will be a relatively low scoring affair, with Denver eking out a win simply based on the fact that the Chefs offense is so lethargic and the game is in Denver.......but I think 8 points is way to much of a spread....
Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

Breaking...

Dwayne Bowe ticketed for speeding, possessing marijuana in Riverside

...The officer arrested Bowe after finding a black bag holding Bowe’s wallet and two containers of what the officer suspected to be marijuana. One container had 6.6 grams of the substance in it and the second had 3.8 grams.

Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/2013/11/12/46 ... rylink=cpy

Outstanding. Not that the Chiefs were ever much of a threat to throw the ball downfield - or for Bowe to actually catch one accidentally thrown his way. But you'd like to think at $25 M per, you might mix in a bit of restraint. Fucking diva. Incidentally, Dwayne's little joyride now constitutes a second violation of the NFL's substance abuse policy. Say buh-bye, Bowe.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

what the hell was he doing in Riverside in the first place, playing craps at Argosy? Shopping at Red X?

fucking idiot.
kcdave
crusader

Post by kcdave »

Felix wrote:it's going to be KC's first real test (who came up with their lame ass schedule)......
Same dip shit that came up with the donk's almost identical lame ass schedule. Peeps need to shut the fuck up about a schedule already. This isn't college where you can schedule 4 patsies every year,
and if it was BFD. Chiefs and donks are 17-1 against these teams. Thats a good chunk of the reason those teams have a shitty record.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

I would take KC+8 and think they will probably win this game outright.

jmo
Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

Well, Denver Post columnist and Donk Apologist Mark Kiszler sure-as-hell isn't impressed:

The Broncos can do the rest of the NFL a favor and expose Kansas City as a fraud hiding behind its 9-0 record.

The Chiefs do not have what it takes to win the Super Bowl.

The Chiefs are a cute story, but nothing more than an inconvenience to serious championship contenders. They're ankle biters. So long as they don't bite the aching ankle of Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning, Denver has nothing to worry about in the AFC showdown Sunday night.

Rumor has it the Chiefs are the next great NFL defense.

Truth is: The last time the Chiefs were spotted in Denver, all those legend-in-the-making defenders — including Eric Berry, Justin Houston, Dontari Poe and Tamba Hali — walked off the field in defeat after being torched for 38 points during one of those wintry, 35-degree days that supposedly reduces Manning to a quivering, shivering shell of a quarterback.

Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning comes off the field after pre-game warm ups in San Diego before facing the Chargers. More photos. (John Leyba, The Denver Post)

Jack Del Rio owns the coolest hair of any NFL coach and is blessed with the strongest jaw to walk a sideline since Bill Cowher retired. Del Rio can let a knucklehead know he doesn't know Jack with a single steely-eyed look. I should know. I got the look from Del Rio by asking this question:

Do the Chiefs resemble the 2000 Baltimore Ravens, the last NFL defense to win a championship by itself?

"Not really, yet," said Del Rio, who coached that Baltimore defense. "You have to sustain it over time."

The Ravens were as nasty as linebacker Ray Lewis' snarl, and Hall of Famer Rod Woodson had his back. Baltimore limited its foes to one touchdown per game and 0.8 points per possession.

"There have been a few teams that have kind of approached what we did in 2000 and haven't quite matched it," Del Rio said. "But every year, you get a new opportunity. Somebody gets an opportunity to try and chase that down."

In other words: Have fun trying, Chiefs.

Kansas City is experimenting with a championship formula that works maybe once a decade in the NFL. A stout defense that can create its own offense. A nondescript quarterback that considers a long pass as anything traveling 5 yards down the field.

I asked Broncos veteran Champ Bailey: Given a choice between a really good offense and a really good defense, the advantage goes to ...

"Well, the NFL definitely has made it hard for a really good defense in this league ..." replied Bailey, before quickly showing the proper respect to the Chiefs and insisting it could go either way.

But we know the facts: The NFL loves offense. The rules are bent in the favor of Denver over K.C.

Football is an emotional game. The Chiefs are riding high with a chest-thumping joy that feels like magic. It reminds me a little of the smiles caused in Denver back in the day by Tim Tebow.

The only trouble with magic? It goes poof and is gone.

Unless the talented front seven of the Kansas City defense can find a way to mess up Manning by treating his right ankle like a chew toy, the Denver offense should shred the Chiefs' secondary.

This game has 31-13 written all over it. Broncos win. Chiefs go in a tailspin.

Kansas City throws such an awesome tailgate party, the city doesn't need a great football team, but deserves one. Andy Reid is the prohibitive favorite as coach of the year. And good for Alex Smith if he gives Mr. Know-it-all Harbaugh in San Francisco even one second of doubt about casting aside the wrong quarterback.

I'm not particularly smart. But what little advanced education that stuck with me was received in the fine state of Missouri.

So I do know how to spell Chiefs: F-R-A-U-D.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Good bulletin board material.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

poptart wrote:I would take KC+8 and think they will probably win this game outright.

jmo
Looks like I got my ass handed to me.

:)
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Re: Chiefs 9-1

Post by BSmack »

The Chiefs remind me of the Steelers before Ben was drafted. Good D, solid running game and a rinky dink passing game.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

KC Scott wrote:Chiefs flaws exposed last night - they don't have the big play / quick strike ability needed if they get get behind early

The defense also disappointed me with no pressure up the middle on Manning. They kept everything n front of them, but created no turnovers and were on the field a long time

This isn't a team that can go deep in the playoffs
I was amazed that Denver's line was able to fend off the KC pass rush.....Manning was never in danger of being sacked.....never even got hit.....Manning was using KC's defensive strength against them.....quick short routes where the ball is out so fast, the pass rush is irrelevant....I'll give KC credit in that they were able to minimize the damage typically done with those slip screen passes Denver utilizes so much....

KC's offense is lethargic at best.....Smith is the weakest link

they better come up with a different game plan if they want to a shot at beating Denver at home week after next......
Joe in PB
2008 / 2009 JAFFL Champ

Re: Chiefs 4-0

Post by Joe in PB »

Joe in PB wrote:I think KC can make the playoffs. Doubt they"ll be a wildcard out of the AFC East or South this year. Certainly think the Chiefs are a bit better than the Dolphins or Colts/Titans.The NFC East looks to be the weakest division in the NFL, so that takes a little bit of the shine off the Cowboy win, but beggars can't be choosers.......
Joe in PB wrote:I'd like the Chiefs much better if they had a competent QB, somebody who is more than just a game manager. Smith was successful in SF when they were dominate in the trenches, and not so good when they weren't. Meaning Smith is the weak link for KC no matter the record when the going gets tough vs playoff caliber teams.
Joe in PB wrote:I based my take on the Philly game, what i saw at times was a QB who wasn't all that poised. Playing from behind can be an issue for Smith because he can't make all the throws. Meaning he rarely passes 20 yards plus beyond the LOS. Its true other game managers have won it all, but those teams had dominating defense. The Chiefs defense has looked good, but I wouldn't say they were dominate, especially with the Broncos in division.

Every team has a weakness or two, I just prefer a teams weakest link to be other than QB.
The Chiefs are who we thought they were.

Sincerely,

Butkus didn't wear an earring.
Joe in PB
2008 / 2009 JAFFL Champ

Post by Joe in PB »

they better come up with a different game plan if they want to a shot at beating Denver at home week after next......
The Chief's play better at home, so I believe the game will be close even if the game plan is the same.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Re: Chiefs 4-0

Post by Felix »

Joe in PB wrote:
Joe in PB wrote:I think KC can make the playoffs. Doubt they"ll be a wildcard out of the AFC East or South this year. Certainly think the Chiefs are a bit better than the Dolphins or Colts/Titans.The NFC East looks to be the weakest division in the NFL, so that takes a little bit of the shine off the Cowboy win, but beggars can't be choosers.......
Joe in PB wrote:I'd like the Chiefs much better if they had a competent QB, somebody who is more than just a game manager. Smith was successful in SF when they were dominate in the trenches, and not so good when they weren't. Meaning Smith is the weak link for KC no matter the record when the going gets tough vs playoff caliber teams.
Joe in PB wrote:I based my take on the Philly game, what i saw at times was a QB who wasn't all that poised. Playing from behind can be an issue for Smith because he can't make all the throws. Meaning he rarely passes 20 yards plus beyond the LOS. Its true other game managers have won it all, but those teams had dominating defense. The Chiefs defense has looked good, but I wouldn't say they were dominate, especially with the Broncos in division.

Every team has a weakness or two, I just prefer a teams weakest link to be other than QB.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

To me, the game hinged upon the back to back fumbles in the 1st qtr. KC didn't take advantage, Dungver did. I don't think KC played that badly, just didn't take advantage of their opportunities. That, and a few calls/non-calls that didn't go their way.

All in all, pretty much what I expected. I also expect the tables to be turned 13 days from now at Arrowhead.

I have to give Donk fans credit, Piled High was rockin'.
kcdave
crusader

Post by kcdave »

Jamaal Charles stats: 16 carries, 2 receptions. Barely half of what it should be. Give your best player the damn ball 30 times a game.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Totally agree with that. After that gift fumble that set KC up inside the 20 yard line with the score 3-0, go to Charles at least twice and if you don't make a first down, kick the damn FG and tie the game.

In the 2nd half when they had some momentum after a Bowe 1st down, Charles has a 12 yard gain up the middle called back by some phantom "illegal block in the back" by Donnie Avery, who goes 150 lbs and was nowhere near the play... notice how they didn't show the replay of this alleged penalty?

Later in the game, Bowe was practically hog tied on a 3rd down crossing pattern yet no flag. Reid was going ballistic, it was so blatant. They did show that replay.

Not saying they lost because of that and a few calls probably went the other way too. But jeebus, those calls/non calls hurt. No way the refs were going to let KC win that game.

It sets up the rematch, where calls like that will go the home teams way.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

War Wagon wrote:No way the refs were going to let KC win that game.
the calls or non-calls had nothing to do with it.....there were several times that Demaryius Thomas was blatantly held and no call.....same thing with Eric Decker.....there were at least two instances when Tamba Hali was pushing one of the Denver offensive linemens facemask up and illegal hands to the face was never called.....all in all, I think the officiating was consistent, not great but consistent....

you seem to operate under the assumption that referees have some preference on who wins.....they don't....

each week, the referees are evaluated and graded on their performance......
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

I'm surprised I didn't get piled on for whining about the officiating, disappointed actually.

Felix wrote:each week, the referees are evaluated and graded on their performance......
really? who does the evaluation and where do I go to see that report card?

they sucked and get an "F" far as I'm concerned.
Joe in PB
2008 / 2009 JAFFL Champ

Post by Joe in PB »

Whining or not, pile ons are reserved for shit takes, and the refs do suck ass in general. There are way to many judgement calls. Eliminate/minimize those, and refereeing would improve. An example. i remember a John Madden idea that I thought was pure genius. Any loose ball before the whistle is a fumble, if its loose its live (the ground can cause a fumble). That certainly would be an easy call, and would eliminate many boring ass official reviews. JUST HOLD ONTO THE BALL!
Joe in PB
2008 / 2009 JAFFL Champ

Post by Joe in PB »

Good call.