Should the Dodgers have retaliated?

Knock the cover off

Moderator: Cueball

The Seer
Just the Facts

Should the Dodgers have retaliated?

Post by The Seer »

Rookie pitcher removes the oppositions biggest offensive threat for potentially the whole series with a 95 mph fastball to the ribs.

Even if not intentional, you just get that freebie if you're the Cards? I would've planted one in Molina's ribs.
E UNUM PLURIBUS
Jay in Phoenix
Eternal Scobode

Re: Should the Dodgers have retaliated?

Post by Jay in Phoenix »

No, retaliation at this point is a very bad idea. It's just going to lead to ejections that both teams don't need. In the regular season, go ahead. You have tons of games in front of you. But this is the NLCS and you just don't take that sort of risk. On top of that, the pitch was unintentional.
Jay in Phoenix
Eternal Scobode

Post by Jay in Phoenix »

Yes, it could Sam. And judging by last nights game, the Dodgers pitching was up for the game. I seriously doubt that you will see any deliberate actions or retaliations by either team that could lead to a brawl. The resultant suspensions for either team would be too detrimental, and these players know that. While emotions are high and both teams are fired up, the managers will keep their heads cool. I still expect a great 7 game series that will go to the final home team, and that is the Cardinals.
The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

Yep, usually the instigator gets away with it and the retaliator gets the punishment.
E UNUM PLURIBUS