Hey Sooners...

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

campinfool
2009 PET Champion

Hey Sooners...

Post by campinfool »

Can't believe quarter one is in the books and Texas is ahead. Since I didn't call any shot before game time I can't really say anything other than that, but WTF is up with the OU play calling? Are they going Mack Brown in this game? I find it hard to believe that Texas has gotten ass raped by rushing QBs all season and they aren't calling designed runs or telling Bell to tuck and run when the UT secondary is actually covering some one.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Re: Hey Sooners...

Post by King Crimson »

props to Texas.

i was reading the homer boards last night and the overconfidence was crazy.

war Mack.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
campinfool
2009 PET Champion

Post by campinfool »

Texas homer boards were sharing my sentiment. We all thought another ass raping was in store. What a pleasant turn of events. Case McCoy is no longer the worst QB in BTPCFB. That award goes to Blake Bell. Wow, I'm still speechless over that game.
Moby Dick
2017 JAFFL Champ

Post by Moby Dick »

yup McCoy made some tosses that were sick.

Huepel's play calling was TERRIBLE. absolutely terrible.

Our receivers have also made Texas and TCU look like they have the first 6 draft picks gone in the first round next year too.

here's hoping Mack keeps his job!
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

campinfool wrote:We all thought another ass raping was in store.
Yep. I was taking consolation in the fact that the impending beatdown in Dallas would be the final nail in Macksputin's coffin and would lead to top to bottom housecleaning. Instead they fucked around and won the game and looked pretty good doing it. It looks like Robinson has stabilized the defense and the conference title is still in play.

Now what?!?
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
Moby Dick
2017 JAFFL Champ

Post by Moby Dick »

Now we watch Baylor hang 70 a game in conference ND win the Big 12
Moby Dick
2017 JAFFL Champ

Post by Moby Dick »

Or not, just saw the kstate/baylor score...
orcinus
2013 JAFFL Champ

Post by orcinus »

Hate loosing to freaking burnt orange, but I also can't see Tejas without Mack. Much like Dr. Tom not stalking the opposing sidelines, something will die from our rivalry if he is truly dead coach walking this season.

That said, props for returning this to a rivalry and holding the old "records out the window" adage true. Your O-line absolutely pushed our front around at will, for the most part, and Bell picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue. The preseason scabs of doubt about our team may have been masked early on, but they were all pretty much ripped off today in painful fashion.

The world is a much better place when I can adequately fuel my Bevo hate with something other than pity.

Just not today.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

tilikum wrote: something will die from our rivalry if he is truly dead coach walking this season.
Nonsense. The Shootout has been burning white hot for over a hundred years. Coaches come and go. They don't matter. It isn't about them. It's just something to talk about on TV. There is nothing or nobody who matters more than the game. Records don't matter. Players don't matter. Excuses don't matter. Beating OU is the only thing that does and ever will matter.

When OU week comes around in Austin, the intensity on campus builds all week until it reaches a fever pitch by Friday. I'm sure it's the same in Norman. I don't know if you have ever made it to Dallas for one of the games but it is absolutely off the hook. It's like no other game you will ever experience. The Stoops-Brown contests will enter into the lore and legend of the event and the rivialry will continue undiminished in intensity.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
orcinus
2013 JAFFL Champ

Post by orcinus »

LOL ... never meant the rivalry would end, just that watching Brown exit wouldn't be easy. You can hate something like nothing else and still respect it as it flails lifelessly on the turf.

And, yes. You're absolutely correct about Dallas in October ... absolutely ridiculous.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Why do you guys have a linebacker playing QB? Dude can't be your best option...can he?
campinfool
2009 PET Champion

Post by campinfool »

Dude got out played by Case McCoy...Even a BYU QB with a brace on ran all over Texas' ass and OU keeps said LB in a pocket passing game plan.
Moby Dick
2017 JAFFL Champ

Post by Moby Dick »

campinfool wrote:Dude got out played by Case McCoy...Even a BYU QB with a brace on ran all over Texas' ass and OU keeps said LB in a pocket passing game plan.
Heupel is REALLY inept at calling an offense.

Good QB coach. PISS POOR OC.

i'm usually one to defend our coordinators and Stoops but Huepel dropped this ball big time by not playing to the strength of our O, and the weakness of Tejas' D.

No reason why , being down by 23-13, we dont just run the ball...instead he has a call for Blake to run for 2 yards, then 2 incompletes which leads to the punt return and the score that put the game well out of reach for this Offense.

real bad play calling. REAL BAD.
Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Post by Left Seater »

Just got around to watching this one this morning. I had the feeling about mid third qrtr that Stoops was just waiting for Texas to implode. It felt like he was playing conservative knowing Texas would do some thing stupid eventually. I also understand the short passing game that OU had used prior to this game, but why not take a few shots downfield. The Texas safeties were playing 10 yards from the LOS. At least on a few of the third and longs throw it deep. If it is picked it is the same as a punt.

I also didn't see the same confusion in the Texas secondary as I did in the Ole Miss game. They just lined up and played, that doesn't mean they didn't drop a DL into coverage, just less confusion. Is this a result of Robinson? Who knows.

Agree the OU play calling was suspect, but I didn't think so against TCU. Maybe just masked by the opponent.

I still don't know what to make of either team other than they are mediocre. We won't know about Texas till their final three games of the season, vs OSU, vs Tech and at Baylor.
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.