2013 Predictions

Knock the cover off

Moderator: Cueball

MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Re: 2013 Predictions

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff wrote:
MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:Well, Scherzer only gave up 2 runs and 5 hits, so he did his job. It was the offense that didn't show up. But yeah, my bravado caught up with me that time. Still, I'll take my overall shot-calling record over Yer A Fuckin Curse Off's any day of the week.
Red Sox are just a better team than the Tigers. It's that simple.
Tigers have a winning record against the Sux, and that spans back to when their bullpen was terrible and didn't have a closer.

Both are good teams. If only there was some kind of playoff to settle this on the field...
Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff
2023/24 3BB Champion, 2022/2023 3BB CoChampion

Post by Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff »

Tigers shit the bed in the postseason no matter how great their pitching looks.

Ortiz, Pedroia, Lester, Ellsbury, etc all proven World Champions.... and Boom- 9-8 win over the Yankees last night in 10. Dramatic win here, 20-4 buttraping there has been the pattern. This is a team of destiny and I was the only one here to call it.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff wrote:Tigers shit the bed in the postseason no matter how great their pitching looks.
Is it really better to miss the playoffs altogether, which is what the Sux have done recently, than "shit the bed" in them? Winning the WS is pretty tough, dude.
This is a team of destiny and I was the only one here to call it.
If you pick the same team(s) to win it every single year, regardless of the team's actual outlook, it ceases to be a prediction and becomes an agenda. :lol:
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff wrote:Tigers shit the bed in the postseason no matter how great their pitching looks.

Ortiz, Pedroia, Lester, Ellsbury, etc all proven World Champions.... and Boom- 9-8 win over the Yankees last night in 10. Dramatic win here, 20-4 buttraping there has been the pattern. This is a team of destiny and I was the only one here to call it.

Congrats on beating up on the 5th starter and the shitty middle relief...I was more impressed by Lester outdueling Scherzer.

Love how the Tigers answer back by pummeling Shields last night...16 runs on 26 hits...6 doubles, 20 singles, 0 home runs.
Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff

Shoalzie wrote:
Love how the Tigers answer back by pummeling Shields last night...16 runs on 26 hits...6 doubles, 20 singles, 0 home runs.

Big deal. Tampa is an easy team to cornhole as the Sox have proven. And the SAWK are up 10-3 on the Yankees in the 4th right now after beating them again last night in a close one. Like I said, it seems to be like they alternate every night ("we'll go with a buttfucking tonight, then a dramatic one run win tomorrow, and just repeat that cycle")

And look at mgo basically conceding a World championship to the Red sox. :lol: He at least feels it coming.

And you're right, if you're the Tigers, winning the world series is "pretty hard" lol as they have proven. But for the Red Sox, no biggie. about to pick up a third championship in 9 years. Thanks for coming.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Not at all. If they meet in the playoffs, I fully expect Detroit to beat Boston. They are the better all-around team.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Shoalzie wrote:
Love how the Tigers answer back by pummeling Shields last night...

The Royals beat Verlander tonight, how much did you love that?
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

He's mortal...but he's been mortal this year. He actually threw well last night other than the gopher ball to Perez. I did like seeing him go vintage and break out the high 90s cheese to get him out of trouble. I'll credit the Royals pen for bailing out Duffy's awful control last night.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Wild card race gets more interesting with the Rangers and Rays slumping and the Orioles and Indians playing well...Yankees dropping back and the Royals are still within shouting distance. The AL West and NL Central are still in doubt...a few decent races remain with 3 weeks left. The NL is basically figured out...they're just playing for seeding.
Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff

Oh shit forgot he was a Royal.

Well the Royals suck too. Back to Tampa though, Sox play them tonight. Buchholz will outduel Price. Price is overrated....he's good against weak teams but he'll get lit up by the Sawks tonight as usual.
Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff

:lol:

Sox own the Yankees. Everyone wave bye bye to the Yankees.

Do the Sox play Tampa again? Maybe they can sweep them and ruin their playoff hopes too. Boston's a buzzsaw this season.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Not against the Royals. You better hope you don't have to face them in the playoffs.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

The Royals will be a tough out if they get in...best bullpen in the AL and strong defensively. You don't want to be behind them after 7 innings. I still don't get how the Indians are still in the race with their patchwork lineup and wildly inconsistent pitching.

I don't see anyone catching the Sox for the #1 seed so finishing 2nd to get home field will be key. I don't know if the Tigers will get past Oakland without home field.

Interesting to see what impact Peralta and Cruz will have in this final week or so...lots of talk surrounding Peralta playing some LF when he gets back. Rangers might be too far behind Oakland to catch them by the time Cruz gets back...great race going on for the wild card.

The NL is mildly interesting...the Nats are probably out of time to catch the Pirates/Reds/Cards for the wild card.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Shoalzie wrote:lots of talk surrounding Peralta playing some LF when he gets back.
:shock:

Putting a fat man in LF. What could possibly go wrong?
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Shoalzie wrote:I don't see anyone catching the Sox for the #1 seed so finishing 2nd to get home field will be key.
That's fine. Put all the pressure on them. They're shooting their wad in the regular season and peaking at the wrong time. They'll choke, and everybody knows it.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

The idea is for him to possibly play in LF against lefty starters, Dirks would start against righties. Nothing definitive though...just talk at this point.

I don't trust Tuiasosopo right now and Castellanos hasn't blown me away since he's been called up. I wouldn't want to take Iglesias out at short unless you did something like move him to 2B and Infante has played some outfield in the past.

Martinez could catch and maybe you try Jhonny back at 3B and DH Cabrera. Cabrera's injury has made him more of a liability on the basepath because Iglesias covers enough ground at short.

You want to get his bat in the lineup somehow...he's a better #6 hitter than Dirks.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Don't like the idea of Ja-honny's fat ass trying to track down shots to left. Especially when he hasn't played a baseball game in well over a month. I hope for his sake he's been grinding to stay sharp & in shape.

Just keep JH at SS and move Iglesias to 3rd. Cabrera to DH. Martinez as a spot duty catcher here and there is fine, but don't like the idea of him being the every day catcher if this team is gearing up for a deep playoff run.

Or better yet...just stand pat. Detroit is still second in the AL in batting since his suspension. Don't fix what isn't broken.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

All this talking about moving V-Mart back behind the plate and then Avila goes nuclear yesterday... :lol:

Sounds like they'll try him out in LF in the minors...can't hurt them down there, I guess.
Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:Do you even follow baseball? Teams rarely run away with their divisions, especially one as competitive as the AL East. Tampa Bay has the pitching. They aren't just gonna go away quietly. Should be a good battle 'til the end.

:lol:

Boston just coasted to another division crown and Tampa was left with feces in its face.

That was easy. Now on to sweeping whoever in the division series.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Yeah, I'll give you that one, Jerkoff. Wasn't much of a race down the stretch. Looks like Tampa is still going to nab a WC spot though, and the MLB playoffs are pretty much a crapshoot.
Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

Sudden Sam wrote:Chris Perez has cost me a lot of hair this year.
Speak of the devil: 4 runs, on 4 hits, in 2/3 of an inning for another yakked save last night. How'd that taste, asshole? Pity the Twinks couldn't pull off the come-back. Faggot.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

AL Wild card on the line today...Rays-Jays (Moore vs. Redmond) about to start, Tribe-Twins (Jimenez vs. Diamond) at 2 and Rangers-Halos (Darvish vs. Vargas) at 4. Rays are leaking oil...I'm predicting the Tribe and Rangers win and get in.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Weird no-no...Alvarez didn't know how to react when he got the last out in the 9th. When was the last no-hitter to end on a walkoff and a wild pitch no less?

On the bright side, it was a rump lineup for the Tigers and Verlander threw really well.