Nice forum

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

Carr Guy
Jake

Nice forum

Post by Carr Guy »

Hello everyone. I was told about this site by a buddy of mine so I checked it out and decided to register. He said there's a lot of smart college football peeps here. Anyway, I'm a big Michigan fan and can't wait for the season to start.

I think Hoke has our program headed in the right direction. His recruiting has been off the charts and he has built a great staff. I would really be disappointed with anything less than a Big Ten Championship and a BCS bowl. I see us going 10-2 with losses to ND and either @ Northwestern or @ Penn State (trap game). No way we lose to Ohio or the Sparties this year. You can book it.

Anyway, hope to get some good football discussion going in here.

GO BLUE!!
Those who stay will be champions.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Re: Nice forum

Post by Screw_Michigan »

scU-M would lose to Ohio U.

Welcome. Now Rack the Trolls (TM).
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Carson
2012 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by Carson »

If you know what's good for you, you'll not diss The Conference.
Carr Guy
Jake

Post by Carr Guy »

Screw_Michigan wrote:scU-M would lose to Ohio U.

Welcome. Now Rack the Trolls (TM).
Nice welcome. I can feel the love.
Carr Guy
Jake

Post by Carr Guy »

Carson wrote:If you know what's good for you, you'll not diss The Conference.
and what would that be?
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Carson is one of the resident SEC Ballsucking Homers. There's quite a few here.
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Carr Guy
Jake

Post by Carr Guy »

Ahh the SEC, of course. Michigan is familiar with them, we have a winning record against the SEC. :grin:
Carr Guy
Jake

Post by Carr Guy »

I prefer to look at the big picture. 12-7 vs the SEC. :wink:
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

Carr Guy wrote:I prefer to look at the big picture. 12-7 vs the SEC. :wink:
If you stick around here you'll no doubt notice that Sam looks at tha 'bammer picture.
Cornhusker
2018/2019 and 2023/2024 Pick ‘em Champion

Post by Cornhusker »

Carr Guy wrote:Hello everyone. I was told about this site by a buddy of mine so I checked it out and decided to register. He said there's a lot of smart college football peeps here. Anyway, I'm a big Michigan fan and can't wait for the season to start.

I think Hoke has our program headed in the right direction. His recruiting has been off the charts and he has built a great staff. I would really be disappointed with anything less than a Big Ten Championship and a BCS bowl. I see us going 10-2 with losses to ND and either @ Northwestern or @ Penn State (trap game). No way we lose to Ohio or the Sparties this year. You can book it. Anyway, hope to get some good football discussion going in here.

GO BLUE!!
I can see you've looked closely at the schedule. :meds:
Carr Guy
Jake

Post by Carr Guy »

I'm not sure what you mean. Did I get something wrong? Or are you just upset I didn't make one of those losses to your Cornhuskers?
WolverineSteve
2012 CFB Bowl Jeopardy Champ

Post by WolverineSteve »

Welcome bro.

Hoke is hauling in some serious blue chippers. Just got a commitment from the #1 wr in the 2015 class.

http://www.mlive.com/wolverines/index.s ... old_m.html
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died as a small boy than to fumble this football."
-John Heisman

"Any street urchin can shout applause in victory, but it takes character to stand fast in defeat. One is noise --- the other, loyalty." Fielding Yost

Go Blue!
Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Post by Left Seater »

Welcome.

One thing you need to understand now is that Cal will win the next 14 Titles despite going 5-7 most seasons.
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
L45B
Commanche Hero

Post by L45B »

Just got a commitment from the #1 wr in the 2015 class.
What's it matter? Hoke is gonna be on his third heart attack by then.

“My dentist, that’s another beauty, my dentist, you kiddin’ me. It cost me five thousand dollars to have all new teeth put in. Now he tells me I need braces!” —Rodney Dangerfield
Killian
Good crossing pattern target

Post by Killian »

WolverineSteve wrote:Welcome bro.

Hoke is hauling in some serious blue chippers. Just got a commitment from the #1 wr in the 2015 class.

18 months before signing day, in the deep south? That should stick.

Sin,
Nope
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
Carr Guy
Jake

Post by Carr Guy »

Every single WR he's hauling in is 6'2" or taller, athletic and very fast. Finally this will start looking like Michiagn teams of old.

Trying to temper expectations, but it's hard not to get excited. I honestly believe Hoke will deliver a natty to Michigan in three years or less. Only two things standing in our way will be Urban (but sanctions and off field stuff will catch up to him) and Alabama. Hopefully Saban will be gone by then to the next job.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Carr Guy wrote:Only two things standing in our way will be Urban (but sanctions and off field stuff will catch up to him) and Alabama. Hopefully Saban will be gone by then to the next job.
You forgot to mention the crappiness of the Big 11 as a whole.
Carr Guy
Jake

Post by Carr Guy »

Killian wrote:

Sin,
Nope
He'll stick. Kid is a Michigan Man through and through. When he came to campus, met the staff and players...it was all over. There just really isn't any place quite like the University of Michigan. Hauling them in is the battle. Keeping them is the easy part.
Last edited by Carr Guy on Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Carr Guy
Jake

Post by Carr Guy »

Screw_Michigan wrote:
Carr Guy wrote:Only two things standing in our way will be Urban (but sanctions and off field stuff will catch up to him) and Alabama. Hopefully Saban will be gone by then to the next job.
It will be Big 10 Little 2 again. Not sure how that's a bad thing for us. We racked up a ton of B1G championships in that format.
Carr Guy
Jake

Post by Carr Guy »

oops, I meant Big 2 Little 10.
Carr Guy
Jake

Post by Carr Guy »

edit: double post
Last edited by Carr Guy on Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Carr Guy
Jake

Post by Carr Guy »

Papa Willie wrote:
Mikey wrote:
Carr Guy wrote:I prefer to look at the big picture. 12-7 vs the SEC. :wink:
If you stick around here you'll no doubt notice that Sam looks at tha 'bammer picture.

Wait - let me go Pac12 and say that Michigan is 0-3 in it's last 3 SEC games.
When you cherry pick stats it's easy to make your argument look good. That's why it's best to go with all-time records.

In fact, Michigan has a winning record against EVERY conference, not just the SEC, so you shouldn't feel bad. :wink:
Killian

Post by Killian »

Carr Guy wrote:
Killian wrote:

Sin,
Nope
He'll stick. Kid is a Michigan Man through and through. When he came to campus, met the staff and players...it was all over. There just really isn't any place quite like the University of Michigan. Hauling them in is the battle. Keeping them is the easy part.
Sure there isn't. And good to know that without meeting him, you know a 16 year old is a "Michigan Man". And we all know that 16 year olds never change their mind, especially when the bag man comes calling.

So when he decides he wants to take his visits, is Flounder going to pull his scholarship?
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Carr Guy wrote:
Screw_Michigan wrote:
It will be Big 10 Little 2 again. Not sure how that's a bad thing for us. We racked up a ton of B1G championships in that format.
And how many national titles? P.S. it's not the 80s anymore.
Carr Guy
Jake

Post by Carr Guy »

Killian, I am going off quotes and interviews I've read from the kid. You have to understand that the embodiment of a Michigan Man goes well beyond just football. It's the president, the AD, the students, the campus, the culture, academics, integrity, doing things the right way, everything. Leaders and Best. You either "get it" or you don't. This kid gets it and I can guarantee you he won't flip. I could be wrong, but I doubt it.
Last edited by Carr Guy on Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Carr Guy
Jake

Post by Carr Guy »

Screw Michigan (nice name) -- Pre-BCS era, national titles were a subjective recognition handed out by writers and polls. Now that we have a playoff, I fully expect Michigan to start competing for and winning natties again. Great coaching, great recruiting, great facilities, great tradition. No reason not to win.

Who is your team, by the way? Ohio?
Killian

Post by Killian »

Carr Guy wrote:Killian, I am going off quotes and interviews I've read from the kid. You have to understand that the embodiment of a Michigan Man goes well beyond just football. It's the president, the AD, the students, the campus, the culture, academics, integrity, doing things the right way, everything. Leaders and Best. You either "get it" or you don't. This kid gets it and I can guarantee you he won't flip. I could be wrong, but I doubt it.
Trust me, I get it all. I've lived in Michigan all my life, so I know the bullshit of the "Michigan Man" line. I'm also a Notre Dame fan, so I know the bullshit of the "gets it" camp of people. These kids are 16-18 years old, making a business decision. Is Max Redfield less of a "Notre Dame Man (TM pending)" because he flipped from USC to ND? Is Alex Anzalone less of a "Florida Man" because he flipped from ND to UF? No. They were making business decisions. And if UofM falters this year or next, a kid from the deep south will likely look around.
Carr Guy
Jake

Post by Carr Guy »

I'm not sure you do get it. You could live in Michigan your whole life, but until you're a part of the school and the culture, you woudln't understand. It's truly a special place with special people and it would take something life-changing for one of these kids to de-committ in my opinion. I don't know the circumstances behind why those kids you mentioned left, but they were obviously not sold on those programs.
Killian

Post by Killian »

Right. Michigan is different, I forgot. It is funny that you cite academics, yet have such a poor record for graduating players, especially black ones.

And it won't taked something life changing. He's 16 and hasn't seen snow yet. That could turn him. Or he could have a HTH that he doesn't want to leave, ala Jai Eugene. When a kid commits, all he is doing is publicly nameing his leader.
Carr Guy
Jake

Post by Carr Guy »

That was Rich Rod's doing. He did not stress academics. Never should have been hired as he NEVER understood what Michigan was all about. Lloyd Carr understood and so does Hoke. Those graduation rates will be back where they should be in no time.
Killian

Post by Killian »

The graduation rates were just as bad under Carr.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Carr Guy wrote:I'm not sure you do get it. You could live in Michigan your whole life, but until you're a part of the school and the culture, you woudln't understand. It's truly a special place with special people and it would take something life-changing for one of these kids to de-committ in my opinion. I don't know the circumstances behind why those kids you mentioned left, but they were obviously not sold on those programs.
Don't worry about Killian. Like millions of his fellow tardlings, he's a MSU grad with an inferiority complex who roots for ND to make up for his small penis. On the other hand, I'm a WMU grad who actually roots for WMU.
Killian

Post by Killian »

Or, put another way, I root for the team I grew up rooting for while Fredo changes favorite teams and players everytime he changes zip codes.

And he went to a directional school and majored in a dead field. So he's got that going for him.
The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

Carr Guy wrote: When you cherry pick stats it's easy to make your argument look good. In fact, Michigan has a winning record against EVERY conference, not just the SEC, so you shouldn't feel bad. :wink:
I'll cherry pick and mention Mich is 1-6 so far in the 21st century vs. the Pac.
E UNUM PLURIBUS
campinfool
2009 PET Champion

Post by campinfool »

Last time Mich was relevant to any degree I think Vince Young was ass raping their defense on national television at the Rose Bowl. I know, it is kinda old news now, but if Mich fan can try to relive the glory days then I can too....
Carr Guy
Jake

Post by Carr Guy »

Sudden Sam wrote:
Carr Guy wrote:I'm not sure you do get it. You could live in Michigan your whole life, but until you're a part of the school and the culture, you woudln't understand. It's truly a special place with special people and it would take something life-changing for one of these kids to de-committ in my opinion. I don't know the circumstances behind why those kids you mentioned left, but they were obviously not sold on those programs.
Sounds like Auburn's BS.

"We're a family."

"It just feels different here."

"We're special."

Gimme a break. All schools feel that way.

Except maybe Western Michigan.
:wink:
18 years ago I went to Ann Arbor with my parents to take a tour of Michigan's campus. Now, there are a lot of great schools, great campuses, great cultures, but all of them take a back seat to the University of Michigan. It's the greatest public university in the entire world, and oh yeah, they just happen to have world class athletics as well. But above all that, it's just the people you meet. It seems everyone you meet is just a wonderful person with great aspirations. Truly the Leaders and Best. But beyond all that, just genuinely good people. The whole school really and everything they stand for. They do it with character, integrity and honesty. That's what a Michigan Man is. Granted, I wound up at Central Michigan for financial reasons, but I spent most every weekend going to Ann Arbor for games, parties and just hanging out on campus. Once that place gets in your blood, it stays in your blood and you're hooked for life. The place just changes you.

You wouldn't understand.

NOW can we talk some FOOTBALL??? :grin:
Carr Guy
Jake

Post by Carr Guy »

And it's a shame we have to play my Chippewas in week one. Always root for the Chips..........except when they play UofM!

Can't be losin' to MAC schools if you want to get back to the top.
WolverineSteve

Post by WolverineSteve »

In other words.....

http://www.reddit.com/r/CFB/comments/1j ... olverines/
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died as a small boy than to fumble this football."
-John Heisman

"Any street urchin can shout applause in victory, but it takes character to stand fast in defeat. One is noise --- the other, loyalty." Fielding Yost

Go Blue!
Killian

Post by Killian »

In other words, a whole lot of wins, not a whole lot of championships.
WolverineSteve

Post by WolverineSteve »

Young stud RB commits.

http://www.mlive.com/wolverines/index.s ... _3_rb.html

Now I realize that he's from SEC country (KY) and will never make it to campus... :meds:

We never pull Florida talent either..

Sin,
Every Florida Wolverine from Anthony Carter to Shoelace, Demetrius Brown to David Baas, Griese to The Pahokee kids.

Michigan recruits everywhere. We've scored kids from Lansing, C-bus, L.A., Texas....name it. You don't win the most games in NCAA history without a national brand and appeal. Hoke is absolutely killing it on the trail. We all know guys decommit now and again and recruiting isn't an exact science. But stuffing as much highly regarded talent into the squad as possible cannot be bad.
-John Heisman

Go Blue!