Tornado Alley

It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Dinsdale
Lord Google

Re: Tornado Alley

Post by Dinsdale »

Felix wrote:
why don't they simply produce scientific data?
Nice of you to eat up the junk science for them.

The reason "they" "don't" "produce" scientific data is because they don't need to.

Sorry, bud -- that ain't how science works.

See, as mentioned -- people propose theories, and they're moot until proven, and at least strongly substantiated. The whole AGW thing is merely a theory... and every single one of the computer models used in attempts to verify it have PROVEN laughably inaccurate.

So much of the "evidence" used to promote the theory is so full of holes, it's ridiculous.

So, until this theory actually has some sort of... how you say? "scientific data" behind it, it's merely a theory... and a pretty crappy one that's at odds with PROVEN science (sup, laws of astrophysics).

But in the future, could you ask the rest of your cult to pretty, pretty please stop altering observed data to make it match what they wish the historical data showed? Thanks.

You realize that once you alter observed data (which NASA/NOAA BRAGS about doing), you're no longer engaged in "science," right?
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

Dinsdale wrote:
The reason "they" "don't" "produce" scientific data is because they don't need to.

Sorry, bud -- that ain't how science works.

The whole AGW thing is merely a theory... and every single one of the computer models used in attempts to verify it have PROVEN laughably inaccurate.
even the 24 papers produced acknowledge a warming earth.....something is causing it which creates a question "what's causing the earth to warm?"

now if you'd like proof of that without computer models, then I suggest you watch this.....

get out, get out while there's still time
R-Jack
Non Sequitur Legend

Post by R-Jack »

mvscal wrote:
Truman wrote:
R-Jack wrote:The Ozarks do stretch into Oaklahomo.
Er, actually, they don't, but if that take somehow makes you feel smarter then by all means...
Er, actually, they do.
The Ozarks (also referred to as Ozarks Mountain Country, the Ozark Mountains, and the Ozark Plateau) are a physiographic and geologic highland region of the central United States. It covers much of the southern half of Missouri and an extensive portion of northwestern and north central Arkansas. The region also extends westward into northeastern Oklahoma and extreme southeastern Kansas.

shhhh mvscal....Truman thinks he's on to something.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Sudden Sam wrote: Sea levels are rising.
The Cult predicted we'd all be underwater by now... sea levels came up a couple of millimeters... yet another part of the "theory" that's proven untrue.

Yes, the Arctic Icecap is receding (while the Antarctic is expanding, but the Cult tries to paint it otherwise, for their own personal gain), and most of the earth's glaciers are receding.

Anyone remember back in school, they might have taught you about something that happened about 12,000 years ago?

If not, here's a refresher -- the earth started warming, and the Last Ice Age began to come to an end (BIG SUVs back then). When this happened, the glaciers, which covered a good chunk of the earth's surface, very slowly began to recede. As with the ice ages before it, the deglaciation takes thousands of years. This is pretty basic science, and doesn't take a bunch of off-the-reservation "theories" that clash with known laws of astrophysics to explain.

Really basic logic... if glaciers weren't slowly receding over the long-term, it seems obvious the human race would be in really serious trouble.

The earth has had a couple spikes in temperature over the millenia... and during those times, mankind made the greatest leaps in culture and technology. And hey, what do you know -- our current (and seems to be quickly ending, despite falsified data) warm spell seems to have had the same technological boom that the previous warmings did.

Funny how when mankind doesn't have to worry about growing crop and freezing to death, it frees him up to do other things.

And BTW... can't find the map at this moment, but if the Warmists' worst-case sea level rise/warming does come to fruition (no chance of that, but let's get all hypothetical and shit) -- the amount of arable land would increase 20%. That's somehow a bad thing?

Again, Felix -- it's your side that proposed a radical new scientific theory, the onus is on you to sunstantiate it. And for fuck's sake, STOP ALTERING OBSERVED DATA to try and "smooth" the failures of the theory.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Dinsdale wrote:
Sudden Sam wrote: Sea levels are rising.
The Cult predicted we'd all be underwater by now... sea levels came up a couple of millimeters... yet another part of the "theory" that's proven untrue.

Yes, the Arctic Icecap is receding (while the Antarctic is expanding, but the Cult tries to paint it otherwise, for their own personal gain), and most of the earth's glaciers are receding.

Anyone remember back in school, they might have taught you about something that happened about 12,000 years ago?

If not, here's a refresher -- the earth started warming, and the Last Ice Age began to come to an end (BIG SUVs back then). When this happened, the glaciers, which covered a good chunk of the earth's surface, very slowly began to recede. As with the ice ages before it, the deglaciation takes thousands of years. This is pretty basic science, and doesn't take a bunch of off-the-reservation "theories" that clash with known laws of astrophysics to explain.

Really basic logic... if glaciers weren't slowly receding over the long-term, it seems obvious the human race would be in really serious trouble.

The earth has had a couple spikes in temperature over the millenia... and during those times, mankind made the greatest leaps in culture and technology. And hey, what do you know -- our current (and seems to be quickly ending, despite falsified data) warm spell seems to have had the same technological boom that the previous warmings did.

Funny how when mankind doesn't have to worry about growing crop and freezing to death, it frees him up to do other things.

And BTW... can't find the map at this moment, but if the Warmists' worst-case sea level rise/warming does come to fruition (no chance of that, but let's get all hypothetical and shit) -- the amount of arable land would increase 20%. That's somehow a bad thing?

Again, Felix -- it's your side that proposed a radical new scientific theory, the onus is on you to sunstantiate it. And for fuck's sake, STOP ALTERING OBSERVED DATA to try and "smooth" the failures of the theory.
what a second..... are you saying that a slight warming might turn millions of square miles of cold forest (good chunk of Canada and Siberia) into places more suited to agriculture?

Why that's crazy talk.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

R-Jack wrote:
mvscal wrote:Er, actually, they do.
The Ozarks (also referred to as Ozarks Mountain Country, the Ozark Mountains, and the Ozark Plateau) are a physiographic and geologic highland region of the central United States. It covers much of the southern half of Missouri and an extensive portion of northwestern and north central Arkansas. The region also extends westward into northeastern Oklahoma and extreme southeastern Kansas.

shhhh mvscal....Truman thinks he's on to something.
Either of you jokers ever ski? Given the choice, I’m fairly sure that neither one of you clowns would pick Ski Cloudcroft over Snowmass or confuse Alamogordo with Aspen. One is a backwater shithole in New Mexico, while the other is some of the most beautiful (and expensive) real estate in the entire country. But both of these towns and ski mountains are located in the Southern Rocky Mountains.

Unless you’re R-Jack or mvscal, or you have a fetish for abandoned lead- and zinc mines, the only redeeming quality your “Oklahoma Ozarks” have is that they happen to occupy the ass-end of a topographical plateau that defines the region. Northeast Oklahoma (and southwest Missouri for that matter) is mostly a series of rolling grasslands, rock domes, and strip pits broken by stands of scrub oak and cedar. And the Boston Mountains plateau that pees out of Arkansas further south is known as the Ouachitas locally. World of difference between Tahlequah and Tecumseh. Buncha tedious dicks…
R-Jack
Non Sequitur Legend

Post by R-Jack »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

That's all well and good Tru, but not one word of your rambling hissy fit changes the fact that you were dead as the nerve receptors in M2's asshole wrong.

Try mixing in a .......well fuck, anything.....the next time you feel like "dropping knowledge" on someone.
Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

R-Jack wrote::lol: :lol: :lol:

That's all well and good Tru, but not one word of your rambling hissy fit changes the fact that you were dead as the nerve receptors in M2's asshole wrong.

Try mixing in a .......well fuck, anything.....the next time you feel like "dropping knowledge" on someone.
Whatever, dicknose.

While technically correct, that Fort Apache hell hole your favorite team calls home is the last place anybody thinks of when the phrase "Bay Area" is dropped. That term conjures up cable cars, fine dining, and scenic views. "Oakland," on the other hand, connotes malt liquor, street gangs, and bad football. Enjoy your Oklahoma Ozarks vacation, jagoff. :hfal: :mrgreen:
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

Dinsdale wrote: The Cult predicted we'd all be underwater by now... sea levels came up a couple of millimeters... yet another part of the "theory" that's proven untrue.
show me a single scientifically peer reviewed article that espoused something that ridiculous.....

I'm not on any side dude, I like to base my opinions on crazy stuff like research and data, you know, that crazy science stuff

what "radical new scientific theory" would that be?

that the earth has been warming at an increased rate since the beginning of the industrial age? and that the prime driver of that warming are greenhouse gasses?

that's not some wild theory, that's a fact.....simply because you don't believe it doesn't make it any less true

but in the final analysis, it's not going to have any effect on me, or my kids......my grandkids and their kids, well, that may be a different story.....
Toddowen
it puts the lotion on its skin....

Post by Toddowen »

Where do you live, Felix?

There's a beach on eastern LI Sound that I've something close to 50 years observing. The same tidal spots among the rocks that I'd fish for sand or blue crabs are still there and still accessible. And you can still walk among the tidal marsh flats to get to certain mud islands, reach sand bars or run your craft aground on rocks that have been lurking just below the surface of the water since the first European sailed into the sound some 400 years ago.

I've seen no change in my 50 years.

Where do you live again?
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

Dinsdale wrote:

So then you're saying that the volume of ice in the Antarctic is increasing?
I just want to be sure I understand exactly what you're claiming here.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Mikey wrote:So then you're saying that the volume of ice in the Antarctic is increasing?
Yes, the total ice mass in Antarctica is increasing.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Truman wrote:Enjoy your Oklahoma Ozarks vacation, jagoff. :hfal: :mrgreen:
Tru, you ever been to Noel, Missouri tucked into the very SW corner of the great Show-Me? About 5 miles north of Arkansas and 10 miles east of Oklahoma. There you will find the Elk river and some of the best float/camping trips to be found on any an Ozark stream. And hot bitches that will make you drool like Mace at a sheep/goat judging contest.

If you haven't floated this jewel, you should.

http://www.riverranchresort.com

And in keeping with the "hillbilly" theme:

MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Had one seriously shit-ass drive last night. Shoulda done a VET. Several small tornadoes touched down in Michigan yesterday, and it thunder stormed everywhere for hours. I drove right through it all, from Detroit to Grand Rapids. It was dark out and at one point I couldn't see more than 10 feet in front of me, and the wind and rain was whipping construction barrels around the highway. Several cars pulled off and parked on the shoulder, but I figured I'd rather go 40 mph than 0. It was only that severe for about 15-20 minutes, but the rest of the three hour drive was still through white-knuckling torrential down pours. The lightning was pretty fucking cool though. It was close and constant, like a 3 hour fireworks show. Didn't get home til 1 a.m., but considering I left at 10, it was pretty decent time.

Give me snow and ice over that shit again, any day of the week.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

good story, seriously.

-----------

Welcome to flyover country, Mgo, thanks for sharing.

Did I ever tell you about the time I drove right by an EF-4 that hit Gladstone in 2003...?

heh-heh...

of course I did. :doh:
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

Toddowen wrote:
I've seen no change in my 50 years.

Where do you live again?
what "change" are you looking for? now if you'd told me you've kept meticulous logs of water temperature measurements, kept statistical data on the ambient temperature patterns we might have something to talk about.....but you haven't been looking for those particular changes, you've been looking at pools of water.....sorry, that's not what is commonly referred to as "scientific observation"

I live in Idaho
War Wagon wrote:
Did I ever tell you about the time I drove right by an EF-4 that hit Gladstone in 2003...?
I got as close to a big tornado when I was visiting some friends in Wichita Falls Texas as I'd ever want to be.....the sheer power of those things is fucking awesome and shit your drawers scary at the same time......and yeah, the sound does resemble that made by a freight train....
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Sudden Sam wrote:
mvscal wrote:
Mikey wrote:So then you're saying that the volume of ice in the Antarctic is increasing?
Yes, the total ice mass in Antarctica is increasing.
Antarctica is losing land ice as a whole, and these losses are accelerating quickly.

http://www.skepticalscience.com/antarct ... ng-ice.htm

Antarctica is gaining sea ice but losing land ice at an accelerating rate which has implications for sea level rise. Skeptic arguments that Antarctica is gaining ice frequently hinge on an error of omission, namely ignoring the difference between land ice and sea ice.
You're kidding, right?
If it doesn't agree with what mvscal and Dins want to believe then it must be junk science.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

It doesn't matter what I want to believe. The fact is that it is complete bullshit.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Still channeling Joe Barton, I see.

I guess the world needs its dumbfucks, otherwise nobody would look smart.
DiT
Eternal Scobode

Post by DiT »

just had one hit the ground three miles east of me in Broken Arrow.
prolly get some damage shots in the am
jiminphilly wrote:
SaladTosser wrote:What's going on here?

A few of us are ruining some tube socks.
DiT
Eternal Scobode

Post by DiT »

naaa, I don't need no stinkin tornado shelter!
apparently this is it
jiminphilly wrote:

Toddowen
it puts the lotion on its skin....

Post by Toddowen »

EF that shite, mun.

Rune ta save your dickus'
Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

schmick wrote:The weather is great here, fuck you guys and your shitty weather, global warmer is awesome here. The summers have been the most mild in over 100 years, we can still wear shorts in the winter, climates changed for the better
Trouble is, you Cali's have to put up with living with a buncha crazies...

Like schmick.

No thanks. I'd rather take my chances dodging tornaders here in the Alley.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

88 wrote:

If an increase in CO2 results in a warming of the atmosphere, then we should be able to measure the increased warming in the atmosphere as a function of CO2 increase. But the data shows that the atmosphere is not warming. Only a few of the surface temperature sites show warming. Direct me to a paper showing a warming atmosphere where the greenhouse gases actually perform the heat-trapping function of the theory.
wow you're all over the board here.....yes, the atmosphere is warming as a function of of the short wave radiation that is emitted by the sun, and bounced back into the atmosphere as long wave radiation....the more CO2, the more long wave radiation that is absorbed which causes the CO2 molecules to vibrate which creates heat.....this is fucking science 101 and was discovered back in the 1800's.....if you can't grasp that simple concept, we should probably stop this discussion.....

now insofar as a warming earth, dude even anthropomorphic climate critics admit the earth is getting warmer.....they simply don't believe it's attributable to anything that man is doing....I'm not sure exactly what kind of a paper you're looking for here, but it seems you need an education in basic physics......
If oscillations between snowball Earth and hot house Earth naturally occurred in the past, what makes us think we can or should try to prevent it from happening again in the future? And wouldn't hot house Earth be much better than snowball Earth?
no, a hothouse earth wouldn't be a great idea.....if you can't understand why, I suggest you go sit in a sauna heated to about 90 degrees for a few hours, then come out and see how you feel....
Why doesn't your video idiot attempt to explain the lack of an increase in surface warming during the past 15 years?
fifteen years? not much of a time frame there when we're talking about glaciation and warming that in the past has occurred over millions of years....but lets look back on the last 50 years, and I'm sure you can link me up to some scientific data that demonstrates the surface of the earth hasn't been warming....
Few dispute that over the past century or so, measurements of surface temperatures appear to show that there has been a slight increase in average temperatures.
then why do you want me to provide you a scientific paper on it if you freely admit it?
to what degree the current change in climate is attributable to an increase in CO2 from human emissions
that's what they're trying to determine....but remember, it isn't just CO2, water vapor plays a pretty significant role as do other gasses like methane and ozone....all of these gasses tend to absorb longwave radiation
would reducing the amount of CO2 emissions from human sources have any appreciable affect on Earth's climate;
when you burn fossil fuels, you're adding CO2 to the atmosphere right? again, this is basic physics....so, while were slowly eliminating the rainforests, were reducing the amount of CO2 that can be converted back to oxygen.....so, if were producing more CO2, and eliminating one of the primary means by which CO2 is converted to oxygen, what do you think happens to to the CO2? it doesn't disappear, it just sticks around as CO2....more CO2, more longwave radiation that is absorbed....jesus, this is like sophomore high school level shit
assuming, for the sake of argument, that the AGW crowd is right and human emissons of CO2 are driving the climate toward hot house Earth, why is this such a bad thing?
hotter earth with less oxygen? hmm, that didn't work out to well the last time it happened.....you might want to look it up.....they called it a dead zone for 200k years for a reason....
the data is all over the place.

no it's not
Your video idiot cannot quantify the amount of warming caused by increased amounts of CO2 in the atmosphere attributable to human emissions. He is still struggling to arrange his various journal articles in such a way as to establish some sort of coherent picture that CO2 is a principle driver of recent climate change.
like I said, you need to go back and study some basic physics, because it's obvious to me that if you're not capable of understanding why increased CO2 results in increased temperatures, there's no hope....

by the way, the guy you keep calling an idiot is named Peter Hadfield, and he's been a scientific journalist for the past 20 years or so, read more scientific journals and peer reviewed documents on climate change than anybody I know.....he simply presents FACTS, not hyperbole, not insults, just scientific facts....why you feel the need to resort to calling him names as opposed to presenting data that supports your position is why it's so frustrating talking to people like you....you haven't read any of the literature, but somewhere along the way you quit trying to learn anything, and have dug your feet in determined to defend a position on something you know nothing about with insults, innuendo, asking nonsensical questions, not doing any research yourself, etc, etc.

and you expect me to take you seriously?
Derron
Eternal Scobode

Post by Derron »

Felix wrote: and you expect me to take you seriously?
I was hoping you were going to shed some light on your take that the government has nothing to do with building and maintaining interstate bridges. But instead you ramble on with a bunch of nonsensical data that makes no sense at all. And, no I did not even read it. With your rationale on anything, it is a waste of time.
Derron
Screw_Michigan wrote: Democrats are the REAL racists.
Softball Bat wrote: Is your anus quivering?
Smackie Chan
Eternal Scobode

Post by Smackie Chan »

Rack the 8-ball!
"I see everything twice!"
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Felix wrote:the more CO2, the more long wave radiation that is absorbed which causes the CO2 molecules to vibrate which creates heat.....this is fucking science 101 and was discovered back in the 1800's
"Science 101"?

Did you actually just type that?

Newsflash -- maybe you should have taken something beyond 100-level science.

CO2's bandwidth to absorb solar radiation is saturated at ~300ppm.

Care to make any other completely false, at-odds-with-PROVEN-science statements? It is kind of the way of the Cult and all... toss out provable, repeatable science because it doesn't fit with what you wish the science said.

But go ahead and make an attempt at backpedalling your way out of a complete falsehood.
Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

Sudden Sam wrote: I do not like the ones that come in the night. Seems to be the majority of them around here.

Not that I care deeply for the daylight fuckers either.
This. Yet when the sirens blow, it seems that half the neighborhood takes to the streets to see it coming before scrambling for their basements. 'Course, my oldest young'n has a death wish burning desire to go chasing after one of those E-Fer's too. No thanks. After Joplin, I'm long since cured of wanting to experience such an occurrence...
Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

Believe it or not, Sammie, we've got a 4 x 8 "tornado room" in the basement built under the front step of the house. With 10" thick reinforced concrete walls and stocked with bottled water, batteries, and an AM radio (er, and the last of the tomatoes, chow-chow, and pickles put-up last fall :) ) surviving one of those suckers ain't an issue. But with ground-speeds of up to 70 mph, I could see where some of the Looky-Lou's on my street might be a step slow getting to shelter should a commotion like that ever arise....
Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

The visual of you standing on a hill wearing your motorcycle helmet and shaking your fist at one of those suckers made me chuckle out loud, Sammie! :grin:
orcinus
2013 JAFFL Champ

Post by orcinus »

Looks like another interesting evening in the Oklahozarks.

Be safe.

Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

Whale sighting!

Whale ho!!

'Sup, Orc?!
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Uh, Tru... you know that doesn't even vaguely resemble an orca, right?

Freaking Flyovers.
Wolfman
Dumpater Artist

Post by Wolfman »

More news out of OK.
"It''s not dark yet--but it's getting there". -- Bob Dylan

Carbon Dating, the number one dating app for senior citizens.

"Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teaches my hands to the war, and my fingers to fight."
kcdave
crusader

Post by kcdave »

Leaving here at 5:00AM tomorrow to go to OKC and pick up my Jeep.
Tornado warnings all over OKC right this minute. FUCK! :shock:
DiT
Eternal Scobode

Post by DiT »

the Weather Channel is only covering the ones in OKC but they're popping up so fast the local guys are having a hard time keeping up with them.
jiminphilly wrote:

Derron
Eternal Scobode

Post by Derron »

Derron
Screw_Michigan wrote: Democrats are the REAL racists.
Softball Bat wrote: Is your anus quivering?
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

kcdave wrote:Leaving here at 5:00AM tomorrow to go to OKC and pick up my Jeep.
Tornado warnings all over OKC right this minute. FUCK! :shock:
It's a sign from God. He's saying, "It's not too late...it's not too late to stay straight."
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

tilikum wrote:Looks like another interesting evening in the Oklahozarks.
To say the least.

Spent the last coupla' hours flipping thru the news channels. What a clusterfuck, people trying to drive away from them and get stuck in traffic and become sitting ducks.

Hardened storm chasers turning into chasee's, not even knowing which way to turn.
Moby Dick
2017 JAFFL Champ

Post by Moby Dick »

Just went tornado dodging again. Was in union city watching the wall cloud 5 minutes before it touched down there.

headed south to Micco where another tornado touched down just west on 152 there.

spent 15 minutes backroading dodging these fuckers ...popped back out on 81 headed north where we came up on a storm chaser vehicle that was 200 yards upside down in a pasture and a black car of some sort smashed and upside down.
we pulled over to see if we could help but both folks in the car had appeared really fucked up and the cop told us
to keep driving. Come to find out those folks were already deceased.

scary shit around here indeed.