I want my Global Warming Now

It's the 19th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Re: I want my Global Warming Now

Post by smackaholic »

Detroit under a mile of ice would be an improvement.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

Truman wrote: You Believers evolved your argument when damning evidence ('sup East Anglia) no longer conveniently fit your "warming" meme.
look dumbfuck, it's not a matter of "believing" or "not believing", it where the scientific evidence leads....this isn't a matter of what you "feel" it where the scientific evidence points....so look, if you've got some scientific evidence that supports whatever your position is, then present it, otherwise your just talking out of your ass.....
"Oh, the earth is getting warmer climate is changing, and it's all our fault."

well that's really not what the scientific evidence says, and if you'd bother to read it, or made a cursory effort to understand how how the science of climate change works, I'd have a lot more respect for you....as is, your an informed pea brain parroting whatever uninformed moron you seem to take stock in and as such, you're pretty much of a babbling idiot.....
Nevermind climate once saw this part of the country buried under a mile-thick sheet of ice. Nevermind climate once had this part of the country submerged under a tropical sea. Dear Lord, if only we had been around back then. We could've done something to change it.
and why do you suppose this continent isn't buried under ice anymore? want to take a guess?
get out, get out while there's still time
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Felix wrote:
Truman wrote: You Believers evolved your argument when damning evidence ('sup East Anglia) no longer conveniently fit your "warming" meme.
look dumbfuck, it's not a matter of "believing" or "not believing", it where the scientific evidence leads....this isn't a matter of what you "feel" it where the scientific evidence points....so look, if you've got some scientific evidence that supports whatever your position is, then present it, otherwise your just talking out of your ass.....
"Oh, the earth is getting warmer climate is changing, and it's all our fault."

well that's really not what the scientific evidence says, and if you'd bother to read it, or made a cursory effort to understand how how the science of climate change works, I'd have a lot more respect for you....as is, your an informed pea brain parroting whatever uninformed moron you seem to take stock in and as such, you're pretty much of a babbling idiot.....
Nevermind climate once saw this part of the country buried under a mile-thick sheet of ice. Nevermind climate once had this part of the country submerged under a tropical sea. Dear Lord, if only we had been around back then. We could've done something to change it.
and why do you suppose this continent isn't buried under ice anymore? want to take a guess?
It is not buried under Ice because the climate changed. Probably because the dinosaurs generated too much CO2.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

smackaholic wrote:
It is not buried under Ice because the climate changed. Probably because the dinosaurs generated too much CO2.
yeah, the climate changed....what happened that altered the climate substantially enough that temperatures rose, ice melted, and the earth we see today was manifested from these changes.....go ahead, take your time and try and figure out what happened that changed the earth from a frozen planet, the to planet we see today......here's a hint....when ice melts, it gives of carbon dioxide....now what effect would increased carbon dioxide have on the temperature?
get out, get out while there's still time
Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Post by Left Seater »

Felix wrote: yeah, the climate changed....what happened that altered the climate substantially enough that temperatures rose, ice melted, and the earth we see today was manifested from these changes.....go ahead, take your time and try and figure out what happened that changed the earth from a frozen planet, the to planet we see today......here's a hint....when ice melts, it gives of carbon dioxide....now what effect would increased carbon dioxide have on the temperature?

Come on Felix, you have to be trolling here.

Yes, melting ice does release trapped CO2, but nothing close to other natural sources. There are five documented "ice ages" and we are still in the fifth of these. Previous ice ages may have seen glaciers as far reaching as the equator. Man had little to zero influence on any of these previous cycles. Evidence while inconclusive suggests that when the Artic is ice free it allows for more snow fall across the northern latitudes. This increase in snow fall then lasts longer and reduces temps and often sees snow remain year round. This continues to lower the temps increasing the cycle till the Artic freezes over. Then something like a volcano will explode and release huge amounts of CO2 which raise the temp which starts a process of warming. Temps and seas rise while the glaciers retreat. This process then repeats.

Astroids hitting the earth also play a part in temp fluctuations. The Earth being ice free allows far more plant growth which in turn reduces CO2 levels, which drops temps. Ice free poles allows more exchange of water between the oceans, altering temps in some ares of the planet.

So until you can fully explain all of these natural occurring climate changes, you can't say what man is doing to the planet for any certainty. You can say we have an unknown part in it and that would be acceptable, but that isn't what the scientists are saying.

Is the climate changing? Yes. Has it always been changing? Yes. What are our current activities doing to alter the natural climate change? Unknown.

And because of an unknown doesn't mean we should completely change the way we live.
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

Rack Lefty.
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Post by Shlomart Ben Yisrael »

Left Seater wrote:
Astroids

RACK!

Sincerely, smackaholic
rock rock to the planet rock ... don't stop
Felix wrote:you've become very bitter since you became jewish......
Kierland drop-kicking Wolftard wrote: Aren’t you part of the silent generation?
Why don’t you just STFU.
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

It's global raining here today.

At least we're not having meatier showers.
Smackie Chan
Eternal Scobode

Post by Smackie Chan »

Mikey wrote:meatier showers.
In!

/S/
"They say that I have no hits and that I’m difficult to work with. And they say that like it’s a bad thing!”

Tom Waits
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Post by Terry in Crapchester »

BSmack wrote:75 and sunny in Rochester, NY. Suck it beyotches.
And we're supposed to be the coldest part of the country. One of them, anyway.

Definitely something whacked going on with the climate.
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.