'bout fucking time.

Lovie's the only real surprise today.
Well, that and the fact the Chiefs haven't fired Pioli yet
R.I.P. Dennard/BP/Scritti
Shoalzie
WingNut

Re: Black Monday

Post by Shoalzie »

The Lovie Smith firing is the surprise one for me...is he the first coached to get canned because of the result of another game not involving their team?

Schwartz and Mayhew survived only because of last year. The Ford family doesn't fire people all that often. It took the 0-16 season to get Millen canned.

This is a key offseason for the Lions will all their defensive free agents. Mayhew and Schwartz need to get them back towards playoff contention. I thought they'd take a step back this year but not a 4-12 step back.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Lovie is no surprise. He's got the same story as Turner: perennial underachiever.
Jets dump GM Mike Tenenbaum - You mean trading for Tebow didn't solve the Jets QB problem?
How would anyone know? They never took him off the bench. I suspect it was his other failings like the worst offensive line in football, the most useless receivings corps and no running backs to speak of. Oh yes, and the defense has slipped too. Makes you wonder where he spent all that money it certainly wasn't on Tebow.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

mvscal wrote:How would anyone know? They never took him off the bench.
He was horrible in practice which is why he never played. The few opportunities he did get in games, he was also horrible. You were wrong about Tebow and you were wrong about Manning. Just shut the fuck up already. You are YaFJ but with fewer attempts.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Shoalzie wrote:The Lovie Smith firing is the surprise one for me...is he the first coached to get canned because of the result of another game not involving their team?
He missed the playoffs 5 of the last 6 seasons, often with decent talent and good defense. It's not really that surprising.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:He was horrible in practice which is why he never played.
That's bullshit. They said the same stupid crap about him in Denver.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:
mvscal wrote:How would anyone know? They never took him off the bench.
He was horrible in practice which is why he never played. The few opportunities he did get in games, he was also horrible. You were wrong about Tebow and you were wrong about Manning. Just shut the fuck up already. You are YaFJ but with fewer attempts.
Fuck off, idiot.
Hell, I'd take a flyer on him if I was a desperate and/or stupid organization. If he gets blown up, then just play the shitbag you were going to start anyway.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

KC Scott wrote: Piloi "under review" - How can the worst GM in franchise history be under review?
Well, he does keep the grounds nicely. You won't find any candy wrappers in the stairwells on Scott Pioli's watch. No siree.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

KC Scott wrote:If Tebow was any good they would have started him instead of McElroy when Sanchez got benched
And how did that work out? 11 sacks and another broken QB? They started McElroy because the team is run by a collection of idiots.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

mvscal wrote:
MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:He was horrible in practice which is why he never played.
That's bullshit. They said the same stupid crap about him in Denver.
And he sucked in Denver too.

It isn't "bullshit." The Tebow/Jets coverage was nauseating. Anytime you flipped on ESPN or sports talk radio, that's all it was - Tebow talk. I mean, there was an app for your phone to check in on Tebow's snaps. I'd say you're living under a rock, but you're really just in denial. You don't have the balls to admit when you're wrong.
kcdave
crusader

Post by kcdave »

By all appearances Clunt flat out neutered Pioli today.
Time will tell us by whom he hires. If he gets a big time coach, we will know its over.
If he hires some nobody coordinator, Pioli could still running shit behind the scenes.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

It makes absolutely no sense to fire the head coach and keep the GM... while saying the new HC will report directly to the team owner. What the fuck do you need a GM for then? They're paying Pioli $7.5 mil a year to be a custodian?

I hate to say this but I'm afraid it's true... Clark Hunt is Lamar's retarded bastard child and when the old man died, this franchise went under with him.
Cuda
IKYABWAI

Post by Cuda »

mvscal wrote:
KC Scott wrote:If Tebow was any good they would have started him instead of McElroy when Sanchez got benched
And how did that work out? 11 sacks and another broken QB? They started McElroy because the team is run by a collection of idiots.
and rex ryan is the head dumbass. on the one hand, it's good that the jets kept him because it only makes their loser status permanent. on the other hand, if the jets fired him, he'd probably end up with the Chefs, ensuring that they remain perennial losers too.
WacoFan wrote:Flying any airplane that you can hear the radio over the roaring radial engine is just ghey anyway.... Of course, Cirri are the Miata of airplanes..
trev
New Sheriff in Town

Post by trev »

Tebow as a second string QB after the year he had in Denver was just stupid. I personally don't care for Tebow and would never want him on my team, but he at least deserved a shot at QB somewhere. Rex Ryan is a crazy lunatic anyway, and hopefully Tebow will be given a chance somewhere else.
Cuda
IKYABWAI

Post by Cuda »

trev wrote:Tebow as a second string QB after the year he had in Denver was just stupid. I personally don't care for Tebow and would never want him on my team, but he at least deserved a shot at QB somewhere. Rex Ryan is a crazy lunatic anyway, and hopefully Tebow will be given a chance somewhere else.
if by crazy lunatic, you mean hopeless, gibbering dumbfuck, then yeah. tebow will sign with one of the florida teams and become the starter. he can't pass, but all he's ever done is win. all rex ryan's ever done is lose
WacoFan wrote:Flying any airplane that you can hear the radio over the roaring radial engine is just ghey anyway.... Of course, Cirri are the Miata of airplanes..
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

trev wrote:but he at least deserved a shot at QB somewhere.
Bullshit, he doesn't "deserve" anything. If he's good enough to play in this league, he will. I just don't see many teams desperate enough to construct an offense around a guy who can't throw a football. Maybe Jacksonville is. Good luck with that.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

She only gives a shit about Teblow because he's a Christer.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
trev
New Sheriff in Town

Post by trev »

He could not have done any worse than Sanchez. I have never liked Tebow for a couple reasons. 1. I don't think he's a very good QB. 2. He's a Christer. I hate that. I hate his followers because of that. So, SM, you really have no clue, do you?
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

trev wrote:He could not have done any worse than Sanchez.
So why aren't you clamoring for Greg McElroy? He was the backup, not Tebow.
trev
New Sheriff in Town

Post by trev »

I'm not clamoring for anyone, dolt.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

trev wrote:1. I don't think he's a very good QB.
Then why did he "deserve a chance" to start if he's not very good? Take your time.
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

trev wrote:I'm not clamoring for anyone, dolt.
I see you want to avoid the question by getting twisted in semantics. Fine.

Oh and trev, let's not resort to petty name calling. You and I...we're better than that.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Trev's fucked up version of logic is mystifying minds yet again. She doesn't think he's a very good quarterback, but he deserved a shot as a starting QB. Okay...
trev
New Sheriff in Town

Post by trev »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:
trev wrote:I'm not clamoring for anyone, dolt.
I see you want to avoid the question by getting twisted in semantics. Fine.

Oh and trev, let's not resort to petty name calling. You and I...we're better than that.
You turned it around as me clamoring. I simply said he deserved a chance on the field.
Everyone knows I hate that Jesus freak.