Built To Spill

RIP scritti.

Moderator: scritti

War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Built To Spill

Post by War Wagon »

I was going to post about the 2 CD's I loaned my daughter a while back. Keep It Like Secret and You In Reverse. She was home this past weekend and I asked had she listened to them yet? She said she had only listened to one of them but she liked it, didn't say which one. I wanted my BTS back so I told her to give them back already, you've had time enough to listen.

So I get home from my Sunday night bowling league and she had left Keep It Like A Secret on the table. I guess she wasn't ready to give You In Reverse back yet. Damnit!

Anyways, I pop KILAS into the CD player this morning on the way to work. I still don't know which track is the best, but I was going to link up Broken Chairs if I could find a decent live version that wasn't too long. It's a slow moving song that takes a while to get going... but jams like hell the last few minutes.

Anyways, I stumble across this in my search. Never been a great fan of covers, the originals are always better... but damned if this isn't worth a look and listen.

Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Re: Built To Spill

Post by Shlomart Ben Yisrael »

God damn you, Wags...

:x

Stop letting me think you might possibly be a somewhat cool dude...
rock rock to the planet rock ... don't stop
Felix wrote:you've become very bitter since you became jewish......
Kierland drop-kicking Wolftard wrote: Aren’t you part of the silent generation?
Why don’t you just STFU.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Doug does a nice version of Cortez the Killer. Like Broken Chairs, he could lop 5 minutes of jamming off the song and it would still be epic, but what the hell.

Best song on Keep it Like a Secret is probably Carry the Zero followed by Temporarily Blind (or any of the other tracks, they're all strong).

When you get tired of those two albums, Whitey, check out Perfect From Now On. It's not as "accessible" as KILAS and You in Reverse, but it's a key Built to Spill album.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Screw_Michigan wrote: Best song on Keep it Like a Secret is probably Carry the Zero followed by Temporarily Blind (or any of the other tracks, they're all strong).
or Time Trap. I can't make up my mind which song on that CD is best, I seem to find a new fav every time. Today, it was Broken Chairs.
When you get tired of those two albums, Whitey, check out Perfect From Now On. It's not as "accessible" as KILAS and You in Reverse, but it's a key Built to Spill album.
I doubt I'll get tired of either anytime soon but I'll check out the suggestion before that happens.
MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan
Baby Bitch

Post by MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan »

Yeah, I think "Time Trap" is my favorite from KILAS. I bought that album and the first QOTSA album at the same time, and I think that might be one of the best record store trips I've ever made

I'll also second the recommendation to pick up Perfect From Now On. It's generally considered to be their best album, and I don't disagree.
"Keys, woman!"
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

better than the guitar noodling on cortez or freebird is the cover of brian eno/ bauhaus song 'third uncle'.

my fave is there is nothing wrong with love
why is my neighborhood on fire
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Martyred wrote:God damn you, Wags...

:x

Stop letting me think you might possibly be a somewhat cool dude...
Marty, I'm hurt... devastated actually, since you first typed those terribly hurtful words. I mean, if I can't be on your 'cool clones' list of favs, whose can I make?

None, that's who. So if you don't like BTS, you might not like this either... or you might. Either way, I give up trying.

I'll going to post stuff I like, not giving a flying fuck if anybody else likes it or not... wait, that's what I've always done. But here you go anyway.

and if you don't like that, you'll really hate this.

fuck yeah, I'm on a roll

Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

War Wagon wrote:I mean, if I can't be on your 'cool clones' list of favs, whose can I make?
Comrade's Club of Cool Posters is the only list to care about.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Post by Shlomart Ben Yisrael »

8)

rock rock to the planet rock ... don't stop
Felix wrote:you've become very bitter since you became jewish......
Kierland drop-kicking Wolftard wrote: Aren’t you part of the silent generation?
Why don’t you just STFU.
Dr_Phibes
P.H.D - M.B.E. - O.B.E.

Post by Dr_Phibes »

War Wagon wrote:[
I'll going to post stuff I like, not giving a flying fuck if anybody else likes it or not... wait, that's what I've always done. But here you go anyway.
Deadly. You actually learn things on here

War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

daughter brought my empty You In Reverse CD case back last weekend. :?

Fuck it, she can't cock block me.

Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

War Wagon wrote:But here you go anyway.
loves me some moody blues....seen them twice in concert and they're great

probably my favorite MB song of all time

get out, get out while there's still time
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

^^ very cool song and video to go along with it.