electoral college, call it

It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

dingus
Jake

Re: electoral college, call it

Post by dingus »

Oops 271-267 Kenyan.....but who knows an extra two may show up if he needs them.
Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

The Des Moines Register poll that came out this morning has Obama with a 5 point lead and I would expect him to carry Iowa.
Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

Mace wrote:The Des Moines Register poll that came out this morning has Obama with a 5 point lead and I would expect him to carry Iowa.
Ponderous. The Star has him buried here between 7 and 13 points, depending on which poll you believe. Wouldn't think that we'd be all the different, Mace. Same values, same crops, same can-do, hard-working attitude. Guess the state line makes all the difference, but I can't see it...
Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

Truman wrote:
Mace wrote:The Des Moines Register poll that came out this morning has Obama with a 5 point lead and I would expect him to carry Iowa.
Ponderous. The Star has him buried here between 7 and 13 points, depending on which poll you believe. Wouldn't think that we'd be all the different, Mace. Same values, same crops, same can-do, hard-working attitude. Guess the state line makes all the difference, but I can't see it...
The population centers in Iowa are liberal bastions. Romney will carry all of the rural counties. On top of that, The Register gave Romney their endorsement....first time they've endorsed a Republican in 50 years.
Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

Kansas City and St. Louis ain't exactly bastions of conservatism. Guess we've got MORE rural folk to skew the polls Romney's way than you all do. I dunno. I suppose I could see where those wind-farmers of yours might be a bit concerned by a change in political direction - we don't grow bird Cuisinarts down here.

*Edit* Speaking of endorsements: The only Republican the Star endorsed was Kansas's Kevin Yoder - and only because he is running unopposed. The Star went to great pains to chide the Dems for not fielding a candidate...
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

lotta' retired teachers in Iowa addicted to the Federal teat, apparently.

You should be embarrassed by that, but I know you aren't.
Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

War Wagon wrote:
lotta' retired teachers in Iowa addicted to the Federal teat, apparently.

You should be embarrassed by that, but I know you aren't.
Why would that embarrass me, Wags? First of all, I'm not a retired teacher and, secondly, how would a retired teacher be addicted to the Federal teat.....aside from getting a Social Security check that non-teacher retirees also receive? Do you have a problem with retired folks?
Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

I'm happy to wait for your answers, Wags. I'm sure they'll be enlightening.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

what he is refering to is the public sector retirement scam which is backeed by the democratic party. The public sector unions negotiate retirement deals which can't possibly be funded by their contributions to these programs. But, they don't give a fukk. Just jack the taxes up on "the rich" Ofcourse they will start giving a fukk when their pension checks bounce when the taxpayers are completely bled dry.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

smackaholic wrote:what he is refering to is the public sector retirement scam which is backeed by the democratic party. The public sector unions negotiate retirement deals which can't possibly be funded by their contributions to these programs. But, they don't give a fukk. Just jack the taxes up on "the rich" Ofcourse they will start giving a fukk when their pension checks bounce when the taxpayers are completely bled dry.
Then he, like you, don't know what the fuck you're talking about when it refers to Iowa.
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

When did the Federal Gov't start paying teachers' retirement benefits (besides Social Security)?

I think the only thing Wags (addicted to the dumbfuck teat) has a real problem with is functioning brain cells.

BTW...around here (ie in the great golden state of CA) teachers are not eligible for SS.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Mace wrote:
smackaholic wrote:what he is refering to is the public sector retirement scam which is backeed by the democratic party. The public sector unions negotiate retirement deals which can't possibly be funded by their contributions to these programs. But, they don't give a fukk. Just jack the taxes up on "the rich" Ofcourse they will start giving a fukk when their pension checks bounce when the taxpayers are completely bled dry.
Then he, like you, don't know what the fuck you're talking about when it refers to Iowa.
I understand that your state has a much better handle on the public sector pension dealio than mine does or any of the left coasters, but, it has become so fukking widespread that gubmint employees in general seem to line up this way.

Out of curiosity, are the Iowa state employees pension plans all fully funded? They are so not funded here that it is ridiculous. I suspect within the next decade or so, you will see the shit hit the fan in this area. Pensions will be seriously clipped. And it doesn't fukking matter what they were promised. If it ain't there, it ain't there.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Mace wrote:
Or Wisconsin.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Mikey wrote:BTW...around here (ie in the great golden state of CA) teachers are not eligible for SS.
Same here, or put more accurately, they aren't forced into that greatest of ponzi schemes. Same goes for a few other occupations, all public sector, of course.

If you were allowed to put every nickle of your SS contributions, including employer match into a 401K, you'd be able to retire tomorrow.
Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

smackaholic wrote:
Mace wrote:
I understand that your state has a much better handle on the public sector pension dealio than mine does or any of the left coasters, but, it has become so fukking widespread that gubmint employees in general seem to line up this way.

Out of curiosity, are the Iowa state employees pension plans all fully funded? They are so not funded here that it is ridiculous. I suspect within the next decade or so, you will see the shit hit the fan in this area. Pensions will be seriously clipped. And it doesn't fukking matter what they were promised. If it ain't there, it ain't there.
Yes, the pension plan is fully funded. It took a hit in 2008, along with everything else, but wise investing has brought the fund back up to pre-2008 levels. I don't have to worry about getting a pension check during my lifetime. It's unbelievable to me that any state would award 90%-100% of someone's salary in retirement benefits and expect the retirement system to remain solvent. Apparently you and others have some real bozos running your public employee retirement systems. Sucks for you.

Edit: If there is ever a financial crisis, as in 2008, they raise the amount paid in by employees each month to keep the pension fully funded in the long term. It's pretty simple math.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Mace wrote: It's unbelievable to me that any state would award 90%-100% of someone's salary in retirement benefits and expect the retirement system to remain solvent.
It's worse than that in California. These maggots retire on 100% pay thanks to pumping up their final year, start drawing their pensions and then go back to work for the state as "consultants."
Apparently you and others have some real bozos running your public employee retirement systems.
Yes, we do: Public employee unions. They're trying to chisel even more money out the taxpayers this year with Prop 30 which will increase sales and income taxes. The income tax portion will also be retroactive to Jan 1, 2012. It is financed almost entirely by union pimps and their Democrat whores in Suckramento.

Naturally, it's "for the children" and that education is "an investment in our future." In reality, it's going to backfill insolvent pension plans.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
OCmike
Cursed JFFL Owner

Post by OCmike »

mvscal wrote:
Mace wrote: It's unbelievable to me that any state would award 90%-100% of someone's salary in retirement benefits and expect the retirement system to remain solvent.
It's worse than that in California. These maggots retire on 100% pay thanks to pumping up their final year, start drawing their pensions and then go back to work for the state as "consultants."
Apparently you and others have some real bozos running your public employee retirement systems.
Yes, we do: Public employee unions. They're trying to chisel even more money out the taxpayers this year with Prop 30 which will increase sales and income taxes. The income tax portion will also be retroactive to Jan 1, 2012. It is financed almost entirely by union pimps and their Democrat whores in Suckramento.

Naturally, it's "for the children" and that education is "an investment in our future." In reality, it's going to backfill insolvent pension plans.
Last poll I saw showed 46% in favor. I had hoped that more people in this state were smart enough to figure out that the only reason they're billing this as yet another "Save Our Schools" measure is that no one would vote for a tax increase called "Save Our Entitlements and Fat Pensions".
Moving Sale wrote: I could easily have an IQ of 40
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

OCmike wrote:
mvscal wrote:

Last poll I saw showed 46% in favor. I had hoped that more people in this state were smart enough to figure out that the only reason they're billing this as yet another "Save Our Schools" measure is that no one would vote for a tax increase called "Save Our Entitlements and Fat Pensions".
Of course they'll get 46% or better. There is only one way this is going to change. Eventually, the rest of the world will stop loaning them money and their taxpayers will all be broke or moved away. Maybe cali will just come up with their own currency and print the fukk out of it, like uncle sugar does. Of course uncle sugar doesn't like competition in its various rackets and would prolly frown upon it.
Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

Can anyone in California politics do simple math?
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Mace wrote:Can anyone in California politics do simple math?
yup.

gov. union hacks + general layabouts = majority
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

The math here in Oregon is quite simple, Mace -- around 47% of voters have some sort of vested interest in public unions, through either a government job, a state pension, or a family member involved with one.

When your base voting block is almost a majority, it doesn't take too many lies to sway a few more voters.

Very simple math... and I think California has about the same dealio.

Oh, and the people who negotiate with the public unions over retirement benefits... are recipients of the retirement benefits. If there's any sort of dispute, it goes to court... where every employee, including the judge, is a recipient of the retirement benefits.

Genius system.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

Quite the system you got there, Dins. They're clearly capable of counting votes but fall short (should have saved that for the Moving Sale thread) when it comes to figuring out a budget.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Mace wrote:Quite the system you got there, Dins. They're clearly capable of counting votes but fall short (should have saved that for the Moving Sale thread) when it comes to figuring out a budget.

Speaking of counting votes -- in Clackamas County (one of the metro area tri-counties), they just popped an election worker marking ballots that had blanks on them (for their local R candidate).

Should be a fun few days here.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Mace wrote:Quite the system you got there, Dins. They're clearly capable of counting votes but fall short (should have saved that for the Moving Sale thread) when it comes to figuring out a budget.
I wouldn't get too smug if I were you. The same thing can happen in Iowa, too.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

mvscal wrote:
Maybe, but highly doubtful.
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Post by Shlomart Ben Yisrael »

My prediction is...

rock rock to the planet rock ... don't stop
Felix wrote:you've become very bitter since you became jewish......
Kierland drop-kicking Wolftard wrote: Aren’t you part of the silent generation?
Why don’t you just STFU.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Mace wrote:
mvscal wrote:
Maybe, but highly doubtful.
I would have said the same thing 30 years ago in California.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Idiot
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

mvscal wrote:Idiot
What was your prediction in 08? Oh ja, McPalin. Good call, bro.

I have Obama losing FL, NC, VA, and just for feces and hahas, OH.

Obambar: 272
Mittens: 266
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Miryam wrote:but other than that, it's cool, man. you're a christer.
LTS TRN 2 wrote:Okay, Sunny, yer cards are on table as a flat-out Christer.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

M Nubb wrote:
mvscal wrote:Idiot
I have Obama losing FL
So you agree that he's an idiot. Yet here you are humping my leg. You really can't help yourself, can you?
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

I just made up a best-case scenario for Mittens. That and you're low-hanging fruit.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

except that Romney is currently leading in Pennsylvania. :shock:
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Post by Shlomart Ben Yisrael »

War Wagon wrote:except that Romney is currently leading in Pennsylvania. :shock:

...and losing in Florida. :shock:
rock rock to the planet rock ... don't stop
Felix wrote:you've become very bitter since you became jewish......
Kierland drop-kicking Wolftard wrote: Aren’t you part of the silent generation?
Why don’t you just STFU.
Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

And Obama leading in both Ohio and Wisconsin.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Dinsdale wrote: Genius system.
Your state, buddy. Nice shithole you got there.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

PA, Wisconsin, and NH have gone to Obama and Ohio is leaning that way. The fat lady hasn't started singing but she's pulled into the parking lot and trying to squeeze her fat ass out of the car. I was expecting a late night but it looks like this one will end early.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Martyred wrote:
War Wagon wrote:except that Romney is currently leading in Pennsylvania. :shock:

...and losing in Florida. :shock:
Not anymore, which isn't a shock.

The thing people need to understand while sitting on the edge of their seats, watching the early returns, is that results from the major urban centers come in first. When the results from the rural areas come in, you see what's happening in Florida right now.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

KC Scott wrote: PA - Not sure what channel Wags watching
CNN, and yes, they are calling it for Obama.

Still comes down to Ohio.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

CNN is showing Romney leading in Wisconsin.
Joe Satriani is a mime, right? - 88

Show me your dicks. - trev