let the voter fraud--err--- early voting commence

It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Wolfman
Dumpater Artist

let the voter fraud--err--- early voting commence

Post by Wolfman »

http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2012 ... -month/?hp

Unless someone can show me proof positive that it is impossible for people to vote multiple times in these situations, I have to believe that voter fraud has begun. Who is behind the concept of early voting and what's wrong with people that they cant simply get up early and vote on election day (remember that?) before they go to work or head off to the soup kitchen?
"It''s not dark yet--but it's getting there". -- Bob Dylan

Carbon Dating, the number one dating app for senior citizens.

"Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teaches my hands to the war, and my fingers to fight."
The Seer
Just the Facts

Re: let the voter fraud--err--- early voting commence

Post by The Seer »

Wolfman wrote:http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2012 ... -month/?hp

Unless someone can show me proof positive that it is impossible for people to vote multiple times in these situations, I have to believe that voter fraud has begun. Who is behind the concept of early voting and what's wrong with people that they cant simply get up early and vote on election day, with a picture I.D., (remember that?) before they go to work or head off to the soup kitchen?
ATFY@NC
E UNUM PLURIBUS
R-Jack
Non Sequitur Legend

Post by R-Jack »

Right,

Because having 100 million people stuffing a voting booth on one day will offer no opportunity for voter fraud whatsoever.
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

and every single person with a job can easily spend a couple hours waiting around to vote on the single solitary day set aside to do so.
Carson
2012 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by Carson »

Yeah, it's our duty to tie up traffic at the schools with polling places during rush hour.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Wolfman wrote:and what's wrong with people that they cant simply get up early and vote on election day (remember that?) before they go to work or head off to the soup kitchen?
What's wrong is that not everyone's day consists of shitting out a couple gallons of prune juice, logging into this place to complain about TSA molesting their taint, and sipping Beast Lite pool-side for 6 hours watching their fat get fatter.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

There is no voter fraud.

sin

the dems, including that chick that just got busted for voting in two states.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Roach wrote:And God forbid that we actually ask the people to identify themselves as white folks.
ftfy
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

smackaholic wrote:There is no voter fraud.

sin

Wait...what? Just shut the fuck up, idiot.
The Republican National Committee has fired a consulting firm it had hired to register Republican voters over allegations of that the firm turned in 106 potentially fraudulent registrations in Florida, NBC News' Michael Isikoff reports. Over the last few years, Republicans have pushed for stricter rules like showing a valid photo ID at polling stations to combat voter fraud, under the suspicion that lots of people are out there criminally and fraudulently voting. As it happens, this case, Isikoff writes, "appears to be one of the first to have led to a criminal inquiry in this year's election."
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

that chick that just got busted for voting in two states.
If Rumplewife occupies two states, she should get two votes.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Screw_Michigan wrote:

sin

The Republican National Committee has fired a consulting firm it had hired to register Republican voters over allegations of that the firm turned in 106 potentially fraudulent registrations in Florida, NBC News' Michael Isikoff reports. Over the last few years, Republicans have pushed for stricter rules like showing a valid photo ID at polling stations to combat voter fraud, under the suspicion that lots of people are out there criminally and fraudulently voting. As it happens, this case, Isikoff writes, "appears to be one of the first to have led to a criminal inquiry in this year's election."
http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2012/09 ... -2-states/

fellate yourself with a pencil sharpener.
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

88 wrote:Does it really take you guys 2 hours to vote in your precinct? The longest amount of time I've ever had to expend to vote here is 15 minutes.

I guess it boils down to this: Do you want elections where there are potentially annoying safeguards in place that attempt to ensure that each ballot that is cast is legitimately cast? Or, do you want elections where it is so easy to vote that persons who are not eligible to vote (e.g., residents of other states, dead people, convicted felons, proxies etc.) can do so in a manner that makes it virtually impossible to determine whether their vote was legitimately cast or not?
it's taken me even less because i've done most of my voting absentee or in oregon, otherwise what do you mean by 15 minutes? does that include the time it takes to travel to your voting location, cast your vote, then return to whatever it was you were doing before? because quite a substantial portion of the population can't just squeeze voting in their day because it's their "civic duty," for a number of practical reasons. i suppose in cleveland there are a number of people who rely on public transpo to get to their jobs, right, which probably adds two to three hours onto their work day. add to that child care concerns and whether or not they can even bugger off from work in the first place. and even beyond that are all the people confused about which polling location they're assigned to. ja, they're stupid and should have researched this beforehand, but public policy should take into the account that people are systematically stupid in addition to whatever individual retardation their drunk mothers foisted upon them when they were fetuses.

even if you think i'm gay for thinking your average low-wage earner might have some everyday problems it's no more homo than presuming some randos are going to chance federal jurisprudence just to add 0.000000000000001% to their candidate's vote haul.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

nahhh, that's not the reason we think you're gay.
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

i haven't fucked a dude in the ass since 1982 and a dude hasn't pumped me since 1973. in neither case did we cuddle so hetero all the way.
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

smackaholic wrote:
Screw_Michigan wrote:

sin

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2012/09 ... -2-states/

fellate yourself with a pencil sharpener.
LOL nice try. That was one person acting on her own. The GOP voter fraud is a massive coordinated effort to stuff the ballot box, that they made no attempt to stop until they were called on it. The fact that it was a "consulting firm" just gives the RNC a layer of protection.
WASHINGTON — Florida elections officials said Friday that at least 10 counties have identified suspicious and possibly fraudulent voter registration forms turned in by a firm working for the Republican Party of Florida, which has filed an election fraud complaint with the state Division of Elections against its one-time consultant.

The controversy in Florida -- which began with possibly fraudulent forms that first cropped up in Palm Beach County -- has engulfed the Republican National Committee, which admitted Thursday that it urged state parties in seven swing states to hire the firm, Strategic Allied Consulting.The RNC paid the company at least $3.1 million -- routed through the state parties of Florida, Nevada, Colorado, North Carolina and Virginia -- to register voters and run get-out-the-vote operations. Wisconsin and Ohio had not yet paid the firm for get-out-the-vote operations it was contracted to do.

The RNC severed its ties to the firm Thursday after questions arose about the work Strategic Allied did in Palm Beach County, where election officials have turned over to prosecutors 106 voter registration forms submitted by one worker, some of which contained apparent forgeries and other problems.

Now elections officials across Florida are scrutinizing voter registration forms turned in to their counties on behalf of the state Republican Party. The state elections division is also investigating.

Florida GOP officials – who said they hired Strategic Allied at the request of the RNC – alleged in their complaint Thursday that the firm turned in forms with fake signatures and false information, said Chris Cate, spokesman for the Division of Elections, which will turn over its findings to the Florida Department of Law Enforcement.

Vicki Davis, president of the Florida State Assn. of Supervisors of Elections, said Friday that she had heard from elections officials in Lee, Bay, Clay, Santa Rosa, Escambia and Okaloosa counties who had also identified problematic voter registration forms turned in by the Florida GOP. Pasco County officials discovered possibly fraudulent forms during the Republican primary, Davis said.

Cate, the spokesman for the state elections division, said possibly fraudulent forms have also been reported in Miami-Dade and Duval, two of the state’s most populous counties.

The number of suspicious voter registration applications was unusual, Davis said. “There might be an occasional one, but I don’t think we’ve ever had this number of counties that have had this number of cases all at the same time,” she said.

In Santa Rosa County, elections officials found 100 problematic voter registration applications out of a batch of roughly 400 turned in by the state Republican Party.

“Anyone with any sense would have known there was something wrong,” said elections supervisor Ann W. Bodenstein.

Most were changes in current registrations filed in the names of real voters, but signatures were spelled differently than the applicants’ names. Fake house numbers were given, and date of births did not match the names. The biggest red flag was that most of the forms were missing Social Security numbers.

“It was that flagrant,” she said. “In no way did they look genuine.”

Bodenstein said it appeared that whoever had been filling out the forms had been working off a database of voters that was at least four years old. She said she thought it was the work of “bottom of the totem pole” workers who were trying to reach a certain quota in order to be paid. Bodenstein reported the suspicious forms to the Office of the State Attorney for the First Judicial Circuit of Florida, which sent out investigators Thursday.

Bodenstein stressed that elections officials would strive to protect every vote.

“We will not disenfranchise anybody,” she said.

But if fraudulent forms changing the addresses of actual voters are inadvertently processed, they could create obstacles at the polls. If someone’s address is changed within the same county, they could still cast a ballot once poll workers were able to establish that the voter was in the correct precinct.

“It’s another step the clerk, the poll worker and the voter would have to go through in order to cast a vote,” Davis said.

Things would get more complicated if a voter’s address has been changed to another county. If that were the case, the voter would be forced to cast a provisional ballot, which would be evaluated later in the week by a local canvassing board.

More than 35,000 provisional ballots were cast in Florida in 2008; less than half of those ballots were ultimately counted, according to University of Florida election law professor Daniel Smith.

Strategic Allied is run by an Arizona-based man named Nathan Sproul, who has been dogged by charges in the past that his employees destroyed Democratic registrations. No charges were ever filed.
But his reputation is such that when Sproul was tapped by the RNC to do field work this year, officials requested that he set up a new firm to avoid being publicly linked to the past allegations, Sproul told The Times. The firm was set up at a Virginia address, and Sproul does not show up on the corporate paperwork.

In an interview Thursday, Sproul blamed the problematic forms in Palm Beach on one individual and said his firm had offered to assist elections officials in identifying the problems in other counties.
http://www.latimes.com/news/politics/la ... 4954.story
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

M Club wrote:and every single person with a job can easily spend a couple hours waiting around to vote on the single solitary day set aside to do so.
Yes, you certainly can. Most states have laws mandating employers make reasonable accomodations for voting. Typically, up two hours at either the beginning or ending of your shift.

http://www.inc.com/news/articles/200611/employees.html

And in states that don't have such laws, I seriously doubt anybody is going to discipline or fire an employee for voting.

Stop making bullshit excuses, you handwringing bitch.

The only people voting early or absentee should be military or foreign service personnel on duty outside the country. Everybody else should drag their dead asses to the precinct in which they are registered on election day.

Not registered? No photo ID? Fuck off...
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

mvscal wrote:The only people voting early or absentee should be military or foreign service personnel on duty outside the country.

And Oregonians.

We did away with voting booths, all done by mail (there's provisions for those worried about mail tampering).
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

Can't say I'm really that surprised that the GOP voter fraud scandal is widening faster than Larry Craig's stance:

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/09/30/us/po ... .html?_r=1

Of course, any shred of confusion about the true goal of Voter ID laws was removed by Mike Turzai, when he bragged that they were delivering the election to Romney by enacting them.
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

PSUFAN wrote:Can't say I'm really that surprised that the GOP voter fraud scandal is widening faster than Larry Craig's stance:

Of course, any shred of confusion about the true goal of Voter ID laws was removed by Mike Turzai, when he bragged that they were delivering the election to Romney by enacting them.
And how exactly do voter ID laws "deliver" an election, other than by keeping the other side from commiting fraud?
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

voter fraud and other things retards obsess over
why is my neighborhood on fire
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

smackaholic wrote:
PSUFAN wrote:Can't say I'm really that surprised that the GOP voter fraud scandal is widening faster than Larry Craig's stance:

And how exactly do voter ID laws "deliver" an election, other than by keeping the other side from commiting fraud?
By effectively preventing registered voters from being able to vote without obtaining approved ID, simpleton.
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

88 wrote:We could also let people cast votes by mail

Did I mention that's the only option in Oegon?

Did away with in-person voting like 10 years ago. Doesn't seem to be massive fraud, but in Oregon, why would they need to tamper with anyone's ballot, since 80% of the douchebags here simply go down the list and mark it for the "D," and vote for measures according to what the liberal mouthpieces tell them.
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

mvscal wrote:
M Club wrote:and every single person with a job can easily spend a couple hours waiting around to vote on the single solitary day set aside to do so.
Yes, you certainly can. Most states have laws mandating employers make reasonable accomodations for voting. Typically, up two hours at either the beginning or ending of your shift.

http://www.inc.com/news/articles/200611/employees.html

And in states that don't have such laws, I seriously doubt anybody is going to discipline or fire an employee for voting.

Stop making bullshit excuses, you handwringing bitch.

The only people voting early or absentee should be military or foreign service personnel on duty outside the country. Everybody else should drag their dead asses to the precinct in which they are registered on election day.

Not registered? No photo ID? Fuck off...
Yeah, you whore ass palimpsest, a country full of retards who can't find Missitucky on a map yet they're fully aware of their electoral rights. Wonder how that conversation goes in the real world:

- I make $8/hour stocking shelves and demand that I be given the two paid hours I'm legally entitled to in order to vote.

- No.
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

88 wrote:Since voting fraud is so uncommon, why don't we just have an online/electronic presidential election? Every person in America will agree that they will only vote once, you know, exactly like we do it now.
This sounds reasonable.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

88 wrote:I think there ought to be a 10 question basic civics test before your vote is cast.
It's is a great idea.

Sin,
Smackoholic
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

literacy tests are a great idea.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

M Club wrote:literacy tests are a great idea.

Like capitalization and spelling "yeah" correctly?
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

i suppose, shrubber.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

I'm just sayins, is all.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

PSUFAN wrote:By effectively preventing registered voters from being able to vote without obtaining approved ID, simpleton.
Get real. Who the fuck doesn't have a photo ID these days? That's horseshit argument.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

M Club wrote:a country full of retards who can't find Missitucky on a map yet they're fully aware of their electoral rights.
If they're that stupid they probably don't even know there is an election taking place and shouldn't be voting anyway if they did.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Roach wrote:Actually, some basic knowledge and education should be a qualification for getting the privilage to vote.

Like knowing how to spell "privilege"?

But, all that aside -- voting isn't a privilege, it's a right.

I think enough civil rights have been taken away by the last 2 administations, we probably shouldn't be advocating to remove more, then deem it a "privilege."
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Dinsdale wrote:But, all that aside -- voting isn't a privilege, it's a right.
Voting is clearly and inarguably a privilege not a right.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Roach wrote:You historians correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the original intent of the electoral college to prevent clueless hayseeds from making important decisions in the national elections?
No. Property and literacy requirements prevented clueless hayseeds from making important decisions.
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Post by Diego in Seattle »

mvscal wrote:
Dinsdale wrote:But, all that aside -- voting isn't a privilege, it's a right.
Voting is clearly and inarguably a privilege not a right.
In the context of Duncedale's comment, there isn't really much of a difference.

The 14th Amendment out front would tell anyone with half a brain cell.

Which I guess rules out the pw'ed tourette's syndrome shitstain.
“Left Seater” wrote:So charges are around the corner?
9/27/22
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Diego in Seattle wrote:The 14th Amendment out front would tell anyone with half a brain cell.
Hmm.

The 14th Amendment:
Section 1. All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.
Section 2. Representatives shall be apportioned among the several States according to their respective numbers, counting the whole number of persons in each State, excluding Indians not taxed. But when the right to vote at any election for the choice of electors for President and Vice President of the United States, Representatives in Congress, the Executive and Judicial officers of a State, or the members of the Legislature thereof, is denied to any of the male inhabitants of such State, being twenty-one years of age, and citizens of the United States, or in any way abridged, except for participation in rebellion, or other crime, the basis of representation therein shall be reduced in the proportion which the number of such male citizens shall bear to the whole number of male citizens twenty-one years of age in such State.

Section 3. No person shall be a Senator or Representative in Congress, or elector of President and Vice President, or hold any office, civil or military, under the United States, or under any State, who, having previously taken an oath, as a member of Congress, or as an officer of the United States, or as a member of any State legislature, or as an executive or judicial officer of any State, to support the Constitution of the United States, shall have engaged in insurrection or rebellion against the same, or given aid or comfort to the enemies thereof. But Congress may, by a vote of two-thirds of each House, remove such disability.

Section 4. The validity of the public debt of the United States, authorized by law, including debts incurred for payment of pensions and bounties for services in suppressing insurrection or rebellion, shall not be questioned. But neither the United States nor any State shall assume or pay any debt or obligation incurred in aid of insurrection or rebellion against the United States, or any claim for the loss or emancipation of any slave; but all such debts, obligations and claims shall be held illegal and void.
Section 5. The Congress shall have power to enforce, by appropriate legislation, the provisions of this article.
Presumably you meant the 15th Amendment which would indicate that you are dealing with somewhat less than half a brain cell.
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Post by Diego in Seattle »

I'm glad the sperm-belching felcher has mastered the art of copying & pasting. Now try the art of reading...Section 1 will do nicely.
“Left Seater” wrote:So charges are around the corner?
9/27/22