replacement refs

talking about who was arrested today

Moderators: Shoalzie, Biggie

jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Re: replacement refs

Post by jiminphilly »

mvscal wrote:
KC Scott wrote:How abount having no idea about the rules of posession?

This absolutely cost the Packers the game and was totally wrong

Replay officials aren't replacements, you fucking moron.
The (incorrect) call was made on the field by a side judge (I believe) meanwhile a back judge can clearly be seeing waving his hands to indicate no TD/INT.

Replay officials DO NOT make the official call on the field. They only alert the referee if they think something should be reviewed. (and all scoring plays are reviewed this year anyway). No matter how you look at it, the referee on the field (who in this case is a replacement official) is supposed to make the final call.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

jiminphilly wrote:No matter how you look at it, the referee on the field (who in this case is a replacement official) is supposed to make the final call.
So you're saying that the official on the field overruled the replay booth to make the (in your opinion) incorrect call? Is that the way it went down?
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
Raydah James
Eternal Scobode

Post by Raydah James »

BSmack wrote: That pic is probably pushing 10 years old by now. I remember that from the TNW days.
Yep. Since Gobbles seems so interested in my current hair situation, and Jim marvels at the former piercings I had, here is my updated pic at 36 with my soon to be hotass wife. Finally found a great Dame out of the tons I came across being a Bartender at a Beach Club and Personal Trainer all these years. I'm around 220 with 10% bodyfat, and still 6'3" which works out well for me when i'm throwing down No gi BJiuJitsu/kickboxing/my MMA stuff and twisting up mid 20 something knuckleheads. [/spreadsheet]

....so I got one question for you sloppy, hard up jurassic fucks: U MAD?

BODE
Sirfindafold
Shit Thread Alert

Post by Sirfindafold »

I would suggest placing your wedding registry at MayCompany's Proactiv counter.

good luck to you.

GO RAIDERS!!!
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

Raydah James wrote:...soon to be hotass wife.
Soon to be hotass?

Based on the photo I can't really see that happening in the foreseeable future.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Oh, burn...
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
Ken
Most epic roll-call thread starter EVER

Post by Ken »

mvscal wrote:
KC Scott wrote:How abount having no idea about the rules of posession?

This absolutely cost the Packers the game and was totally wrong

Replay officials aren't replacements, you fucking moron.
Replay officials don’t review the plays, you fucking moron.
Raydah James
Eternal Scobode

Post by Raydah James »

Sirfindafold wrote:I would suggest placing your wedding registry at MayCompany's Proactiv counter.

good luck to you.

GO RAIDERS!!!
:lol: :lol:

Not bad. She doesnt have skin issues so i'll blame the camera.....and Mikey, she kickboxes and is close to my age, so I doubt she goes downhill anytime soon. [wolftard]Maybe it is her diet, or genetics?[/woftard] She is hawaiian, and her parents look young as hell too. We were in Vegas last week, and she went up on stage at Coyote Ugly and got us free drinks, Daisy Duke shorts for the motherfucking win:

mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Ken wrote:Replay officials don’t review the plays, you fucking moron.
WRONG.
Replay Official’s Request for Review. After the two-minute warning of each half, throughout any overtime period, and after all scoring plays, any Referee Review will be initiated by a Replay Official. There is no limit to the number of Referee Reviews that may be initiated by the Replay Official. He must initiate a review before the next legal snap or kick and cannot initiate a review of any ruling against a team that commits a foul to prevent the next snap. His ability to initiate a review will be unrelated to the number of time outs that either team has remaining, and no time out will be charged for any review initiated by the Replay Official.
Ken

Post by Ken »

mvscal wrote:
Ken wrote:Replay officials don’t review the plays, you fucking moron.
WRONG.
Replay Official’s Request for Review. After the two-minute warning of each half, throughout any overtime period, and after all scoring plays, any Referee Review will be initiated by a Replay Official. There is no limit to the number of Referee Reviews that may be initiated by the Replay Official. He must initiate a review before the next legal snap or kick and cannot initiate a review of any ruling against a team that commits a foul to prevent the next snap. His ability to initiate a review will be unrelated to the number of time outs that either team has remaining, and no time out will be charged for any review initiated by the Replay Official.
You always struck me as a reasonably intelligent person. Apparently you are not. Since when does initiate = reviewing?
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Explain how a replay official goes about initiating a referee review without first reviewing the play himself.

Take your time.
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Post by ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 »

Semantics. He doesn't have the final say. He just says... hey, you ought to review this. That's the point, dude.
Ken

Post by Ken »

ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 wrote:Semantics. He doesn't have the final say. He just says... hey, you ought to review this. That's the point, dude.
Quit cockblocking yet another mv loophole.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

mvscal wrote:Replay officials aren't replacements, you fucking moron.
It would have been better if the replay official WAS a replacement. As per PFT, the guy in the booth was none other than Phil Luckett, the worst ref in the history of the league bar none.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... s-debacle/
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 wrote:Semantics. He doesn't have the final say. He just says... hey, you ought to review this. That's the point, dude.
That's it? Just, "here take a look at this." No reasons given. The replay official is nothing more than a mindless slappy with zero input on replay review?

Is that your take?
Replay Official Howard Slavin stopped the game for an instant replay review. The aspects of the play that were reviewable included if the ball hit the ground and who had possession of the ball. In the end zone, a ruling of a simultaneous catch is reviewable. That is not the case in the field of play, only in the end zone.

Referee Wayne Elliott determined that no indisputable visual evidence existed to overturn the call on the field, and as a result, the on-field ruling of touchdown stood. The NFL Officiating Department reviewed the video today and supports the decision not to overturn the on-field ruling following the instant replay review.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

The NFL Officiating Department reviewed the video today and supports the decision not to overturn the on-field ruling following the instant replay review.
Well of course they did, wtf else could they do, change the result of a game 12 hours after it was over?

Besides backing their own employees and trying to make themselves look less culpable, do you know how much is riding on each and every NFL game?
Raydah James
Eternal Scobode

Post by Raydah James »

BSmack wrote:
mvscal wrote:Replay officials aren't replacements, you fucking moron.
It would have been better if the replay official WAS a replacement. As per PFT, the guy in the booth was none other than Phil Luckett, the worst ref in the history of the league bar none.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... s-debacle/
Bwahaha!! Yeah, lets bring back the old monumental fuckup refs back in full force, because they were soooooo much better. Lol.

Fuck off with all of you who disagree that the replacements are better. You're one of my 3 tiers if you truly believe that horseshit.

RACK the replacement refs.
OCmike
Cursed JFFL Owner

Post by OCmike »

Raydah James wrote:Not bad. She doesnt have skin issues so i'll blame the camera.....and Mikey, she kickboxes and is close to my age, so I doubt she goes downhill anytime soon. [wolftard]Maybe it is her diet, or genetics?[/woftard] She is hawaiian, and her parents look young as hell too. We were in Vegas last week, and she went up on stage at Coyote Ugly and got us free drinks, Daisy Duke shorts for the motherfucking win:

Nothing says class like a girl who whores it up for free $2 well drinks. Congrats.
Moving Sale wrote: I could easily have an IQ of 40
Joe in PB
2008 / 2009 JAFFL Champ

Post by Joe in PB »

OCmike wrote:Image

Nothing says class like a girl who whores it up for free $2 well drinks. Congrats.
Those $2 well drinks can add up to quite a bit around here.... :wink: :mrgreen:
Last edited by Joe in PB on Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Butkus didn't wear an earring.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

OC, you can't buy a bottle of water in Vegas for $2.

Congrats on the score, RJ.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

War Wagon wrote:Well of course they did, wtf else could they do, change the result of a game 12 hours after it was over?
They admit to blown calls all the time. No, it doesn't change the outcome of the game but they do set the record straight. Might not be a popular call, but it was the correct call.
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

mvscal wrote:The replay official is nothing more than a mindless slappy with zero input on replay review? Is that your take?
No. My take was and still is "he doesn't have the final say." You can read... your own post, right?
Referee Wayne Elliott determined.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

mvscal wrote:They admit to blown calls all the time. No, it doesn't change the outcome of the game but they do set the record straight. Might not be a popular call, but it was the correct call.
Then they should've admitted to this one and GB should be 2-1 and SEA 1-2.

C'mon, man.

The back judge runs in there and is waving his arms over his head not knowing wtf to call and that geriatric side judge, who never called a game above the HS or JUCO level, comes in and signals TD.

And they don't overturn that call? That's messed up and you know it. Like the NFL with the tenured refs, you're simply being stubborn.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

War Wagon wrote:
mvscal wrote:They admit to blown calls all the time. No, it doesn't change the outcome of the game but they do set the record straight. Might not be a popular call, but it was the correct call.
Then they should've admitted to this one and GB should be 2-1 and SEA 1-2.
They did admit the offensive PI on Tate, but that isn't reviewable. Just don't try to pretend that this shit never happens with regular refs.

The Pukers lost because their shit offensive line can't block to save Aaron Rodgers' life not because of an arguable call at the end of the game.
dingus
Jake

Post by dingus »

Sadly, the vast majority of you semen sippers are missing the point. Until the real refs come back, for the last time you will see real football played the way it was played when Deacon Jones, Dick Butkus, The Fearsome Foursome, The Purple People Eaters, Doug Plank, Conrad Dobler, hell Bronco Nagurski, Jim Brown, Jake Tatum, etc played the game. Those men woke up Sunday morning looking forward to going to the field and ripping off someone's head and shitting down neckholes and for the most part it was legal. Those guys wore clubs at the end of their fucking arms for crissakes. EXCEPT the modern guys are 100 times faster than the old guys and these refs have no control over them whatsoever. When the real refs come back, it'll be back to corporate lawyer politically correct Roger Goodell football predicated to keep the cash cow rolling until the concussion lawsuits turn the NFL into two hand touch.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

KC Scott wrote:it's not an arguable call to anyone who understands the definition of possession ( it was not simultaneous possession) and has a working set of eyes
The ref, the replay official and the NFL Officiating Dept. think you don't know what the fuck you're talking about. Shit, maybe you should put in an application since you allegedly know so much more than they do.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

mvscal wrote:Just don't try to pretend that this shit never happens with regular refs.
Not to this extent it doesn't.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

War Wagon wrote:
mvscal wrote:Just don't try to pretend that this shit never happens with regular refs.
Not to this extent it doesn't.
Based on what? Your impressions? Gut feelings? Hunches?
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

mvscal wrote:Based on what?
based on what I've witnessed just in the few games that I've watched. I've seen calls (and non-calls) that I haven't seen in 35 years of watching this game. The list is too long, I won't even start. But the replacements are fucking up from start to finish and I'm sure even they know it.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

dingus wrote:Until the real refs come back, for the last time you will see real football played the way it was played when Deacon Jones, Dick Butkus, The Fearsome Foursome, The Purple People Eaters, Doug Plank, Conrad Dobler, hell Bronco Nagurski, Jim Brown, Jake Tatum, etc played the game.
interesting that most of those dudes you named were dead at an early age or currently dead from the neck up......fuck, why not just go back to leather helmets.....

glad you and mvscal are willing to settle for an inferior product at an increased price....that defines American consumerism
get out, get out while there's still time
trev
New Sheriff in Town

Post by trev »

RJ, you and your future wife make a very beautiful couple.
dingus
Jake

Post by dingus »

Felix wrote:interesting that most of those dudes you named were dead at an early age or currently dead from the neck up......fuck, why not just go back to leather helmets.....
I don't recall hearing any of those guys being forced to play football-they loved it and loved it for what it was and loved it for what it made them. No one knows how long they would have lived had they not played football or how they would have lived. And why wouldn't you go back to leather helmets instead of letting guys wear something that save your live in a jet crash, fuck, I'd lead with that damn thing, too.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

dingus wrote:
And why wouldn't you go back to leather helmets instead of letting guys wear something that save your live in a jet crash, fuck, I'd lead with that damn thing, too.
you're sending mixed messages here....on the one hand you apparently seem down with some protection of the players, but on the other, you want to see guys get jacked up....

dude make up your mind, do you want to see fucking people die out there or not....
get out, get out while there's still time
dingus
Jake

Post by dingus »

I'm saying that guys are leading with their helmets because it makes them into a missile-at the same time protecting their own melon. It makes sense as a matter of self preservation. I don't think you'd be as likely to do that with a leather helmet, but that's never going to happen again. At any rate, enjoy the shit show that is the NFL when the real refs come back because the game's on the way to being legislated into two hand touch or flag football anyway.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

The fleece-lined flannel shirt is a nice touch. I know they're quite popular with the lesbian crowd in Madtown. As are big-boned brunettes with sketchy complexions. Hard to figure out who is the beard in that photo.

Best of luck with the marriage. Do us all a favor and don't breed.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
R-Jack
Non Sequitur Legend

Post by R-Jack »

Congrats RJ,

Stay away from personal trainers.
OCmike
Cursed JFFL Owner

Post by OCmike »

War Wagon wrote:OC, you can't buy a bottle of water in Vegas for $2.

Congrats on the score, RJ.
i try not to let facts get in the way when I'm being a dick.

Anyway, congrats RJ. But I do have a question...if she's a kickboxer and you're into MMA, who gets dotted in the eye when the Raiders lose?
Moving Sale wrote: I could easily have an IQ of 40
Raydah James
Eternal Scobode

Post by Raydah James »

R-Jack wrote:Congrats RJ,

Stay away from personal trainers.
I am one, and have been for years at a standard gym chain and an MMA gym teaching stand up striking. Its common knowledge 'round these parts.

I get it. The board is pretty much DOA, and has been for quite awhile now....why not stir up some crazy new madness and troll the hell out of the board in the process, right? Problem is, I dont buy it. Most here dont, im sure. Just stop already and move on to the next trolljob.

Anyhow, thanks to all of you for the well wishes, and right back atcha. Hope life is treating all of you well.

I very rarely post here anymore, and have little desire to change that-So im going to do something long overdue and what some of you should have done ages ago-log the fuck out permanently.

L8
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

mvscal wrote:The ref, the replay official and the NFL Officiating Dept. think you don't know what the fuck you're talking about.
Is that what they really think? Or are they NOT supplying the real refs with any leverage in the negotiations?

Oh and... congrats, RJ.
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

Raydah James wrote: So im going to do something long overdue and what some of you should have done ages ago-log the fuck out permanently.
Now there's a loss we'll really feel around here.
You gonna shack up somewhere with poptart and toddowen?

PS...congratulations on the upcoming wedding. Make it last.