Reality vs Bickering

It's the 19th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

ML@Coyote
Elwood

Reality vs Bickering

Post by ML@Coyote »

All the shit being thrown around in political threads is pretty amusing, but since half this country leans one way, and the other half leans the other, some kind of compromise will be in order to ever get anything done. Would any of you ever be willing to compromise? I mean, what would you give up on one issue in return to get your way on another issue? I've been GOP my whole life, and I've only voted for two democratic presidential candidates since the early 70s, once when I was young and dumb, and the second time in fear of Palin becoming number two. It looks like I'll now be voting for Mitt. But what will he really be able to do with half the country stacked up against him. I'd be willing to give up a number of things to make our country financially sound. I'd give up preemptive and extended wars completely. I'd give up involvement in other countries' civil wars. I'd give up nation building altogether. No, I wouldn't go to war with Iran until they lobbed in the first nuclear weapon toward our property. In addition I'd allow gay marriage. In fact, I'd allow anyone to marry anyone or anything at all. I'd allow horses to marry frogs. I'd allow all forms of contraception, maybe even abortion, and I'd let Planned Parenthood hand out condoms at our high schools. In return I'd like to see the US become a country that freezes taxes and spends little more than it takes in, and a country that is internally strong, where its citizens earn their keep, where we aren't beholdent to countries like China, where we don't have to worry about becoming the next Greece. What would you give up on one issue to get your way in another? Anything at all?
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Re: Reality vs Bickering

Post by Bizzarofelice »

half the country thinks differently than me?

all the talk radio and cable news I pay attention to agree with me. and together we know the other side kills children.
why is my neighborhood on fire
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

ML@Coyote wrote:I'd give up preemptive and extended wars completely. I'd give up involvement in other countries' civil wars. I'd give up nation building altogether. No, I wouldn't go to war with Iran until they lobbed in the first nuclear weapon toward our property. In addition I'd allow gay marriage. In fact, I'd allow anyone to marry anyone or anything at all. I'd allow horses to marry frogs. I'd allow all forms of contraception, maybe even abortion, and I'd let Planned Parenthood hand out condoms at our high schools.

RINO
ML@Coyote
Elwood

Post by ML@Coyote »

Bizzarofelice wrote:
ML@Coyote wrote:I'd give up preemptive and extended wars completely. I'd give up involvement in other countries' civil wars. I'd give up nation building altogether. No, I wouldn't go to war with Iran until they lobbed in the first nuclear weapon toward our property. In addition I'd allow gay marriage. In fact, I'd allow anyone to marry anyone or anything at all. I'd allow horses to marry frogs. I'd allow all forms of contraception, maybe even abortion, and I'd let Planned Parenthood hand out condoms at our high schools.

RINO
A fair complaint if you don't know me.
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

I'd be willing to compromise poptart's asshole with a three foot piece of 2 x 2 inch angle iron.
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Post by Diego in Seattle »

88 wrote:I would be willing to support a federal income tax hike, provided: (1) it was applied to all taxpayers equally (e.g., an extra 5% income tax surcharge on everyone); (2) Congress was prohibited from spending one dime beyond the amount of tax revenue it collected the prior year (excluding the extra 5%), so it could not continue to grow the debt; (3) the extra 5% was used solely to retire and pay-off the national debt; and (4) once the national debt was retired, the tax surcharge would disappear forever.
How about drug testing for the top five executives of corporations receiving bailouts?
“Left Seater” wrote:So charges are around the corner?
9/27/22
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

how about no bailouts?

I like 88's idea. Let everyone have a little skin in the game. In addition I would go for ending every single deduction out there. it would force many lawyers and CPAs to find honest work.

Deductions are nothing more than the gubmint telling people how to spend their money. It's none of their fukking business.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

ML wrote: I've been GOP my whole life, and I've only voted for two democratic presidential candidates since the early 70s, once when I was young and dumb, and the second time in fear of Palin becoming number two.
Palin as #2 would have been worse than Biden as #2?

You sure?

#2 generally doesn't do much, anyway.

Not sure I can understand voting for fraud ObaMao based on fear of the GOP #2.

Neither ticket was worth voting for.

But anyway...

Compromise?

I don't see it happening.

Politically, the only way to unite the people is to unite them within the Constitution.

But our representatives of both parties show no interest in obeying the Constitution, so ultimately I imagine things will deteriorate further, lawlessness will escalate, a lot of people will probably be hurt and/or killed, and some will attempt a new 'revolution' of sorts.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Armageddon is the Bible's forecast, not mine... or even Dinsdale's.
So you can take that to the bank.

But what I forecast there for America should be obvious to anyone with basic history and human behavior knowledge.

Basics elude you.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

pop wrote:I imagine things will deteriorate further, lawlessness will escalate, a lot of people will probably be hurt and/or killed, and some will attempt a new 'revolution' of sorts.
We're already there, only we call it a "Raiders game."
Joe Satriani is a mime, right? - 88

Show me your dicks. - trev
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

smackaholic wrote:gubmint
Enough already. Please stop.

ML@Coyote
Elwood

Post by ML@Coyote »

poptart wrote:
ML wrote: I've been GOP my whole life, and I've only voted for two democratic presidential candidates since the early 70s, once when I was young and dumb, and the second time in fear of Palin becoming number two.
Palin as #2 would have been worse than Biden as #2?

You sure?

#2 generally doesn't do much, anyway.
#2 does a lot when #1 kicks the bucket, and McCain was no spring chicken. I have a real problem with Palin, and an even bigger problem with McCain having selected her. IMHO it was a clusterfuck. I was embarrassed to be a Republican. In retrospect, I probably overreacted. :oops:
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

I'd give up bashing politicals if any of them would make a consolidated effort to work with the other party to get something done as opposed to simply trying to get reelected, line their pockets and the pockets of their buddies....that goes for both parties.....nobody seems to give a shit about doing whats right for the country anymore....

I'd pay more taxes if it would be put to beneficial uses such as upgrading our infrastructure and a promise that the feds would throw the wall street assholes that stole the american people blind in prison...and I'm not talking country club prison, I'm talking San Quentin prison....

I think that anyone receiving welfare for more than 9 months should be subject to random drug testing, and if found positive they will not be able to reapply for 2 years and must agree to submit a urine sample with their welfare application....
get out, get out while there's still time
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

poptart wrote:Armageddon is the Bible's forecast, not mine... or even Dinsdale's.
So you can take that to the bank.
A few billion years from now the sun will swallow the earth like like KC Paul finishing off another ding dong. That's science's forecast, not some bronze age sheep fuckers.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
ML@Coyote
Elwood

Post by ML@Coyote »

I'll trade you all the country's "In God We Trust" references from coin denominations, paper money, building faces, legislative halls, government documents, etc. for pulling the plug on all our governement's dubious studies and programs.
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

poptart wrote: Palin as #2 would have been worse than Biden as #2?

You think Palin is better than Biden? What do you think of Biden?
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

Biden 1
those guys 0
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Bizzarofelice wrote: What do you think of Biden?
Certainly the dumbest Vice President in our history. There isn't even a close second.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

mvscal wrote:
Bizzarofelice wrote: What do you think of Biden?
Certainly the dumbest Vice President in our history.
You haven't been paying attention.
ML@Coyote
Elwood

Post by ML@Coyote »

"When the stock market crashed, Franklin D. Roosevelt got on the television and didn't just talk about the, you know, the princes of greed. He said, 'Look, here's what happened."
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

I've been watching the Sunday morning political shows for two decades. The talking heads and partisan hacks would yap and the politicians would get on there and try to hang with the professionals. Joe Biden always knew his shit. Always.
ML@Coyote
Elwood

Post by ML@Coyote »

Bizzarofelice wrote:I've been watching the Sunday morning political shows for two decades. The talking heads and partisan hacks would yap and the politicians would get on there and try to hang with the professionals. Joe Biden always knew his shit. Always.
Can't say I agree with you.

But here's my take on the alternative:

My Notes on Sarah Palin’s Pretty Little Noggin

Shown actual size

Frontal lobe This region of Ms. Palin’s gray matter is responsible for judgment, analytical and critical reasoning. Ordinarily this wouldn’t be a problem for anyone else running for VP, but Ms. Palin suffers from Backward Alaskan Syndrome, whereby incoming messages to the frontal lobe are consistently responded to with silly made up words. Refudiate and misunderestimate are typical Palin constructs from this region of the brain. It often leads to embarrassing backtracking and post-behavioral blushing.

Temporal Lobe Because so little of Ms. Palin’s brain has any substantial mass, echoing is always a serious problem. The temporal lobe therefore has a very difficult job to do. It must process incoming sounds while at the same time ameliorating the echoing phenomenon. Without the unique cell structure of Palin’s temporal lobe, the echoing would be unbearable and it would bring Palin to her calloused knees every time she tried to listen.

Parietal Lobe This is Palin’s touch center, i.e. the processor of Ms. Palin’s constant need to be sexually aroused by males. The parietal lobe in Palin is perhaps the most well-developed region between Ms. Palin’s ears. It is strong, like an over-developed muscle. It is dominant, and can at times override all other functions of the brain. Having spent nearly all her life being chased after by lonely Alaskan men, polar bears, and near-sighted NBA basketball players, it’s a wonder this lobe doesn’t control her brain at all times.

Occipital Lobe This lobe determines how Ms. Palin see’s the world. It also determines how she sees herself. When Ms. Palin looks at herself in a mirror, the image is sent through his optic nerve to the occipital lobe. A most amazing transformation takes place. She sees herself as a clever and lucid purveyor of conservatism. She sees herself as the consummate bitch-slappor, and not the slappee. This deviation from reality is the result of what doctor’s now refer to as the “Palin Twist,” a congenital aberration in the optic nerve not uncommon to girls with over-developed parietal lobes.

Brainstem One of the most intriguing of all Ms. Palin’s brain regions is her brainstem. Doctors agree that were all other regions of her brain removed, she would continue to function in exactly the same manner under the solitary power of her brainstem. The difference in behavior with or without the rest of her brain would be virtually undetectable. This is rare among the general population. It is, however, common among many attorneys and other politicians.

Cerebellum This is the second largest region of Palin’s brain, and controls her deliberate motor activity. It is called upon, among many other things, to help Palin move her lips when talking. It often forms words and phrases without the input of any other brain region, especially without the help of the reasoning frontal lobe. When you listen to Palin, and she makes little sense, it is usually the result of his cerebellum acting independently. They say over 90% of Palin’s outbursts are the result of this sort of aimless motor activity.

Note: I was scared to death of this woman ever becoming our POTUS by default. Her brain belongs in a research lab or a zoo, not in the White House. This is why I voted for Obama.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Bacey, I'm not sure how you missed getting clowned by ML but suffice to say you're not near as sharp as you'd like to think.

hello?

read the Biden quote posted right above yours 25 minutes prior and see if you can figure out how badly you KYOA.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Co'og's' wrote:
ML wrote:see’s
:serious boner:

Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

War Wagon wrote:Bacey, I'm not sure how you missed getting clowned by ML but suffice to say you're not near as sharp as you'd like to think.

one quote
vs.
two decades of knowing his shit

which provides a better sample size?

and for that "articulate negro" thing he said... he was right
Go Coogs'
Eternal Scobode

Post by Go Coogs' »

Van wrote:
Co'og's' wrote:
ML wrote:see’s
:serious boner:
Giggity.

88 wrote:Go Coogs' (Regular Season Total Points Champ)
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

mvscal wrote: Certainly the dumbest Vice President in our history. There isn't even a close second.
biden is no doubt, the dumbest VP ever, but I think Quayle could be considered a stong contender....lets face it, the guy was a walking-talking sig generator
Dan Quayle wrote:"If we don't succeed, we run the risk of failure."

"What a waste it is to lose one's mind. Or not to have a mind is being very wasteful. How true that is."

"Welcome to President Bush, Mrs. Bush, and my fellow astronauts."

"The Holocaust was an obscene period in our nation's history. I mean in this century's history. But we all lived in this century. I didn't live in this century."

"I believe we are on an irreversible trend toward more freedom and democracy -- but that could change."

"I have made good judgments in the past. I have made good judgments in the future."

"The future will be better tomorrow."

"We have a firm commitment to NATO, we are a part of NATO. We have a firm commitment to Europe. We are a part of Europe."

"I am not part of the problem. I am a Republican."

"A low voter turnout is an indication of fewer people going to the polls."

"When I have been asked during these last weeks who caused the riots and the killing in L.A., my answer has been direct and simple: Who is to blame for the riots? The rioters are to blame. Who is to blame for the killings? The killers are to blame."

"Illegitimacy is something we should talk about in terms of not having it."

"We are ready for any unforeseen event that may or may not occur."

"For NASA, space is still a high priority."

"Quite frankly, teachers are the only profession that teach our children."

"It isn't pollution that's harming the environment. It's the impurities in our air and water that are doing it."

"The American people would not want to know of any misquotes that Dan Quayle may or may not make."

"Verbosity leads to unclear, inarticulate things."

"I stand by all the misstatements that I've made."

"We're going to have the best-educated American people in the world."

" to limit the terms of members of Congress, especially members of the House and members of the Senate."

"If you give a person a fish, they'll fish for a day. But if you train a person to fish, they'll fish for a lifetime."

"I was recently on a tour of Latin America, and the only regret I have was that I didn't study Latin harder in school so I could converse with those people."

three that stand out

"I love California, I practically grew up in Phoenix."

"It's wonderful to be here in the great state of Chicago."

"[It's] time for the human race to enter the solar system."
get out, get out while there's still time
ML@Coyote
Elwood

Post by ML@Coyote »

Bizzarofelice wrote:and for that "articulate negro" thing he said... he was right