Kinda mediocre slate of games today, eh?

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan
Baby Bitch

Kinda mediocre slate of games today, eh?

Post by MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan »

Not a single matchup between ranked teams.

What games will you guys be keeping an eye on? Here are a few that have piqued my interest:

ATM/Florida & Mizzou/UGA - Curious to see how these former mid-level Big 12 programs fare in their SEC debuts. I think both have a decent chance to win at home, although I think an Aggies win is a little more likely.

Miami/KSU - probably the most interesting of the early games. I like the Wildcats at home, although this is a tougher test than they're used to this early in the season. This game must've been scheduled during Prince's brief tenure. No way Snyder would ever schedule a non-con game against someone we've heard of.

Sacramento St. @ Colorado - Gotta love the no-win games against FCS schools. CU has played two games against FCS schools in the past: a loss to Montana St. and a harrowing win against Eastern Washington. There is nothing to gain from this game. At best, we win by 50+ and everyone yawns. At worst, we become a national punchline. Again. Honestly, I'm more intrigued by the broadcast. I'll be plugging the MacBook into the big screen and hoping that the stream is relatively smooth and the broadcasting team is at least competent to the point of not being a distraction.

Air Force @ Michigan - How cool would it be to see Denard Robinson run AF's offense? I've had a serious mancrush on Shoelace for the past couple years now, but I'll be pulling for the Falcons in this one.

Iowa/ISU - Much like Colorado/CSU, few people care about this one outside of the state it's played in, but it's almost always an entertaining game.

Nebraska/UCLA - I picked the 'eaters in the Pick 'Em contest, so the only way I can be disappointed with this one is if UNL wins by 5 or less. Go Gutties!

ASU/Illinois - I can hear the fireworks from my patio every time ASU scores. Hoping this is a quiet night, but I think they win big.

Okie St./UA - This one seemed like a lock in the Pick 'Em, but then I checked the paper and the spread has dropped to 10. Apparently, bettors are either impressed by UA's OT win over Toledo or unimpressed with the Cowboys' 400-point win over that juco team. I actually kinda like DickRod, but this one could get ugly.
"Keys, woman!"
campinfool
2009 PET Champion

Re: Kinda mediocre slate of games today, eh?

Post by campinfool »

I hear ya, but around here we are kinda stoked about the debut of the recently expanded Bobcat Stadium in San Marcos, Texas. Texas Tech is playing a road game against my old school Texas State. After that I guess I might jizz in my hand a little at Texas- New Mexico just for homer-ish reasons.
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

atm/florida
two mid level sec. if the aggie offense is bad, this game will suck.

mizzou/ georgia
we don't know if these teams are imposters or players. can mizzou's secondary hang? will georgia's o-line give murray enough time to test the the mizzou secondary?

virginia/ penn st.
really? is penn st. a big deal now? did diddling kids lead them to get lots of quality airtime? team may not win three games this year yet they'll get those losses on ABC.

washington/ lsu
be a good game

'cuse/ USC
probably end up getting tired of the florida/ aggie game and watch this one. check for future draft picks.
why is my neighborhood on fire
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

I thought there was a rule in the SEC that all the cheerleaders must be hot?

Tha fuck? That thing could line up on special teams.
MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan
Baby Bitch

Wow. This thread looks like it might be bound for a Call Your Shot archive. Not only is CU down 24-21 at the half, but the stream is absolutely excruciating. It keeps jumping around to different quality feeds, which are all at different points in the game, within about a minute on the game clock. This is like the Pulp Fiction of football games. Posting from my phone as I reset my router/modem just to make sure it's not on my end...
"Keys, woman!"
MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan
Baby Bitch

This is really just godawful. Is there any chance one of you guys could try to stream this game for a minute or two just to confirm that it's indeed a shitty stream and not bad service on my end? I'm about to go out to my car and grab the Sirius receiver and just listen to the game all 2011-style. This is fucking unwatchable...
"Keys, woman!"
Cornhusker
2018/2019 and 2023/2024 Pick ‘em Champion

Post by Cornhusker »

MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan wrote:This is really just godawful. Is there any chance one of you guys could try to stream this game for a minute or two just to confirm that it's indeed a shitty stream and not bad service on my end? I'm about to go out to my car and grab the Sirius receiver and just listen to the game all 2011-style. This is fucking unwatchable...

Mike,
It's CU and Sac. St.....that in and of itself makes it unwatchable.. It doesn't deserve a dried-up creek bottom in this drought ridden summer, much less a stream...do the radio...
MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan
Baby Bitch

Touché, but I'm telling you, you wouldn't watch this garbage stream if it was Bama/SC. Got the Sirius broadcast on. The stream basically functions as an occasional source for a replay. Buffs up 28-24 but Sac St. is driving. Looking like a nail-biter...

:meds:
"Keys, woman!"
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Wisconsin is awful. Holy shit.
MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan
Baby Bitch

Not as awful as Colorado. Hornets inside the CU 20, trailing 28-27 with 49 seconds left. I can't believe this is happening again. Mike Bohn better not last through the weekend...
"Keys, woman!"
MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan
Baby Bitch

Colorado falls to 1-2 all-time against FCS schools. Props to the Hornets. Fuck my life.
"Keys, woman!"
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan wrote:Colorado falls to 1-2 all-time against FCS schools. Props to the Hornets. Fuck my life.
dude, i listened to the last quarter on KOA.

wow, jesus.

really bad.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
Cross Traffic
Eternal Scobode

Post by Cross Traffic »

Could be worse, you could be kicker Sam "Wide Left and Right" Ficken who was Ficken horrible for Penn State, a case of schadenfreude if there ever was one. Loved ABC cutting to the PSU students about to cry again.
MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan
Baby Bitch

My post on the CU football Facebook wall that was quickly deleted:
New CU football motto:
Continuously redefining "rock bottom" since 2006.
Edit: Never mind. It's still there. At least they're taking their lumps like men...
"Keys, woman!"
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan wrote:My post on the CU football Facebook wall that was quickly deleted:
New CU football motto:
Continuously redefining "rock bottom" since 2006.
Edit: Never mind. It's still there. At least they're taking their lumps like men...
a rock bottom is what is must take to keep taking it...as CU fan.

i think this is the worst loss i've ever seen. how? what? the Sac State QB was a one time walk-on.

i was against Embree and Bienemy (the guy was the RB coach fro Adrian Peterson...)...but i never thought anything could be this bad. i tell you, there aren't any old Big XII'er boards mourning the loss of CU.

jesus fuck.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

at least you ain't kansas. they lost to food.
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

KC Scott wrote:
MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:Wisconsin is awful. Holy shit.
tough for Goobs to last word that

yeah. if they were not a "name" program, they might've dropped out of the top 25.
Go Coogs'
Eternal Scobode

Post by Go Coogs' »

Coogs have 8 penalties for 72 yards through 16 minutes of football. The fundamentals on both sides of the ball are lacking in every facet of the game. Missed tackles, dropped passes, horrible blocking, awful playcalling, and stupid penalties are killing this team. This is not a disciplined team.

Oh yeah, this just in...Tony Levine just burned a timeout on a challenge. This team looks horrible.
88 wrote:Go Coogs' (Regular Season Total Points Champ)
campinfool
2009 PET Champion

Post by campinfool »

Being Texas fan ain't much better. Granted they are winning, but this is not a good team. Offense still sucks and the defense is not even close to as good as last year. We're just lucky that no one can see this team on a network not many have and even more could care less about. If the CU game stream was bad, you should hear how ball sucking homer- ish the LHN broadcast crew is. If you think the major networks like to suck Texas cock, then these booth guys would make most non Texas fan and even objective Texas fans vomit semen after an all night fag orgy in a seedy bath house. Best part is every commercial break we get to see tantalizing previews of Mack Brown Insider and epic Women's Soccer matchups.
M2
2005 Cryin' Ryan Winner

Post by M2 »

UL- Monroe is beastly.

SEC SEC SEC !!!
Cross Traffic
Eternal Scobode

Post by Cross Traffic »

Louisiana-Monroe just beat the Razorbacks?!?! LOL
M2
2005 Cryin' Ryan Winner

Post by M2 »

Cross Traffic wrote:Louisiana-Monroe just beat the Razorbacks?!?! LOL

What would make you think that ?

Dick.

Sin,

Over you head... once again.
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

Arky's seson just declared bankruptcy.
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

Pretty good day for the Pac1210.

Three of the weaker sisters beat top 20 teams, two of them defending conference champions.

Washington was just embarrassing, though. Stanford-Dook wasn't available but I guess the She-Devils were pretty much overwhelmed, as expected. SC wasn't exactly dominant but they got the job done. ASU beat an B1G team and Oregon pulled an upset over a major Mountain West powerhouse.

Colorado and Utah? Who are they? We went back to 10 teams as of today.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Cross Traffic wrote:Louisiana-Monroe just beat the Razorbacks?!?! LOL
Bwahahaha. Slappy will do that to ya.

"The kids are playing their tails off and the coaches are screwing it up!"

The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan wrote:Colorado falls to 1-2 all-time against FCS schools. Props to the Hornets. Fuck my life.
Brutal. Two weeks in and nothing to look forward to other than how long it takes for the Embree experiment to expire. Maybe you could latch on to one of the Az schools temporarily..
E UNUM PLURIBUS
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

KC Scott wrote:
MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:Wisconsin is awful. Holy shit.
tough for Goobs to last word that
No shit.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Go Coogs'
Eternal Scobode

Post by Go Coogs' »

David Piland threw the pill 77 times for 580 yards. It was the most attempts thrown in a game without throwing a pick.

The reason his numbers are so fucking gaudy is because Houston's defense is the worst unit I've seen in FBS history. Switching to the 4-3 was the biggest mistake. They need to go ahead and fire the DC now. It can't get any worse.
88 wrote:Go Coogs' (Regular Season Total Points Champ)
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

Jsc810 wrote: Vanderbilt -3.5
you took Vandy as a road favorite? seriously.
"