Hey Yankee fan

Knock the cover off

Moderator: Cueball

The Assassin
Raider Fan

Hey Yankee fan

Post by The Assassin »

Hows that Jeff Weaver for Kevin Brown trade working out for you guys?

Its going ok for us. :wink:
Al Davis=Fidel Castro
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

On a related topic...the Tigers involvement in the initial 3-way deal with the Yankees and A's to get rid of Weaver has worked well for them. They got Jeremy Bonderman and Carlos Pena out of that deal plus Franklyn German who is coming out of the bullpen. I didn't like the idea of trading Weaver, the Tigers' only talented arm but it's turned out to be okay. Weaver looks more comfortable in L.A. than New York. He's a Cali guy...it makes sense.
The Assassin
Raider Fan

Post by The Assassin »

Shoalzie wrote:On a related topic...the Tigers involvement in the initial 3-way deal with the Yankees and A's to get rid of Weaver has worked well for them. They got Jeremy Bonderman and Carlos Pena out of that deal plus Franklyn German who is coming out of the bullpen. I didn't like the idea of trading Weaver, the Tigers' only talented arm but it's turned out to be okay. Weaver looks more comfortable in L.A. than New York. He's a Cali guy...it makes sense.
Agreed. The NY media ate him alive. when he wasnt Ron Guidry they took turns driving the stake into his back. He aint no Don Drysdale but he is a solid pitcher.

Jim Colbert deserves more credit for the handling this pitching staff.
Al Davis=Fidel Castro
JCT
Merciless, suave and collected

Post by JCT »

I thought games in April had no meaning?
The Assassin
Raider Fan

Post by The Assassin »

JCT wrote:I thought games in April had no meaning?

Are you kidding they mean EVERYTHING!!! :lol:

(I'm enjoying my high until reality sets in come July.)
Al Davis=Fidel Castro
Laxplayer
President of the USC hater club
Location: On the golf course because......well, I'm the golf coach.

Post by Laxplayer »

Jeff Weaver was the new millenium version of Ed Whitson. Good pitcher but can't handle NY. Being from So. Cal he's very laid back and that doesn't bode well in a place like NY. I never liked this trade because Kevin Brown is a roided out asshole that spends half of each year on the DL.
Mustang
Don Cherry

Post by Mustang »

I just remember Weaver coming into the game in the '04 World Series and promptly losing it. Dude was awful. More than glad to be rid of him. Brown? I remember the radio guys in Dallas talking about him. One of them asked a reporter, "Is Kevin Brown the worst player you've had to deal with?" To which the reporter's answer was, "Ballplayer? Brown is the worst human I've ever had to deal with!"
The Assassin
Raider Fan

Post by The Assassin »

ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. -- The slumping New York Yankees were big losers off the field Tuesday when thieves hijacked a shipment of 47,000 caps scheduled to be given away this weekend at Yankee Stadium.

Team spokesman Rick Cerrone had no additional details regarding the robbery.

The Yankees have received about half the hats for the Cap Weekend giveaway Friday and Saturday against Oakland. Fans not receiving a cap will be given a voucher.

New York is playing a four-game series at Tampa Bay that concludes Thursday

losing record,,and now losing caps. :lol:
Al Davis=Fidel Castro
Cueball
2010 JAFFL Czar

Post by Cueball »

JCT wrote:I thought games in April had no meaning?
How 'bout May? :lol:
åy#

Re: Hey Yankee fan

Post by åy# »

The Assassin wrote:Hows that Jeff Weaver for Kevin Brown trade working out for you guys?

Like it matters. They'll just rent a pitcher or two from July-Oct for 20 million... and make it further into the playoffs than your shit team.

Didn't the Yanks suck early on last year as well? Bump this shit thread in Oct when it matters.

Sorry for the harshness of this reply. I hate wink emoticons. Only idiots use them.

Damn... there I go again.
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

working late into the night I turned on JT the Brick and he was in full meltdown. he was calling for the immediate release of Brown, firing Cashman for not providing with a blank check and moving Jeter to 2nd with ARod at short.

Womack in left? The guy was barely able to throw the ball from 2nd to 1st and now he's in the outfield? Goddamn you people are hurting. Yankees... you're in the middle of a $200 million rebuilding phase. Write off this year.
why is my neighborhood on fire
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Nothing could be better for baseball than have the Yankees end the season (and the following 3 or 4) in the basement.
Laxplayer

Post by Laxplayer »

This team is old and has more holes than a fishnet jersey. Their pitching is average at best, the middle reliefe is non existent and did I mention they're old? I don't see this team making the playoffs.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Laxplayer wrote:This team is old and has more holes than a fishnet jersey. Their pitching is average at best, the middle reliefe is non existent and did I mention they're old? I don't see this team making the playoffs.
Thanks, Marcus.
Laxplayer

Post by Laxplayer »

Not a problem.
The Assassin
Raider Fan

Post by The Assassin »

åy# wrote:
The Assassin wrote:Hows that Jeff Weaver for Kevin Brown trade working out for you guys?

Like it matters. They'll just rent a pitcher or two from July-Oct for 20 million... and make it further into the playoffs than your shit team.

Didn't the Yanks suck early on last year as well? Bump this shit thread in Oct when it matters.

Sorry for the harshness of this reply. I hate wink emoticons. Only idiots use them.

Damn... there I go again.

No problem dickhead. Welcome to the board. Its nice to see that the center for the mentally impaired has allowed you access to the internet. I know they tend to frown upon letting severely retarded people play with such a complex machine as a PC,but its good to see they made an exception this time.

Please post more often!! :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:
Al Davis=Fidel Castro

Post by Guest »

The Assassin wrote:Welcome to the board.
One of the board's most useless posters of all-time is behind the wheel of the Welcome Wagon?

Thank God I saved my receipt. Can someone help me out with this Refund Form? My $4.39 is better spent on case of Piels.
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

****'sTroll#38 wrote:$4.39
I know whose troll this is.
why is my neighborhood on fire
The Assassin
Raider Fan

Post by The Assassin »

Bizzarofelice wrote:

Indeed
Al Davis=Fidel Castro
Eddie Adams
Elwood

Post by Eddie Adams »

Don't look now, but the YANKmees are losing AGAIN, and the Devil Rays may move out of the cellar! Only them and the Royals suck more ass than NYY!!!

THAT is hilarious! cellar dwellers of the AL?!?!!

Bye-bye Joe!!!!! :lol:
4 king guy
Elwood

Post by 4 king guy »

I understand that the Yankees are just slumping and will not likely stay this low forever.. but finally, I get something to smile about in MLB.

EAST.........W...L...PCT....GB
Baltimore...18..9 .667 -
Boston.......16.12 .571--- 2.5
Toronto......16.13 .552----3
Tampa Bay.11.18 .379----8
NY Yankees.11.18 .379---8
AnNeg
Nighthawk

Post by AnNeg »

You and I both..... my team's not in the cellar either!!! Let's enjoy the calm before the Yankees start rising.
Say this three times fast.....

Hinske, Hudson, Hill, Hillenbrand, Halladay, Huckaby
The Assassin
Raider Fan

Post by The Assassin »

AnNeg wrote:You and I both..... my team's not in the cellar either!!! Let's enjoy the calm before the Yankees start rising.

the only thing gonna rise in New York is Steinbrenners blood pressure. This team isnt going anywhere. Pitching wins championships,and they got NOONE (that includes the Unit) thats pitching near the level of a major leaguer right now.

Couldnt of happened to a more deserving team.
Al Davis=Fidel Castro
AnNeg
Nighthawk

Post by AnNeg »

They're not going to stay in the cellar forever. From my point of view, I still don't see them finishing below the Jays this year.

Funkywhiteboy
Wiseass

Post by Funkywhiteboy »

4 king guy wrote:I understand that the Yankees are just slumping and will not likely stay this low forever.. but finally, I get something to smile about in MLB.

EAST.........W...L...PCT....GB
Baltimore...18..9 .667 -
Boston.......16.12 .571--- 2.5
Toronto......16.13 .552----3
Tampa Bay.11.18 .379----8
NY Yankees.11.18 .379---8
Unfortunately, the D-Rays have to play other teams besides the Yankees! :P
“If you look at folks of color, even women, they’re more
successful in the Democratic Party than they are in the white, uh,
excuse me, in the Republican Party.” (NPR Interview Of Howard Dean

<http://www.breitbart.tv/html/153493.html> , 8/15/08)

Post by Guest »

The Assassin wrote:
Bizzarofelice wrote:

Indeed

Really? You can name this troll in how many notes? Step up... either of you.

A slick way to outfigure a person is to get him figuring you figure he's figuring you're figuring he'll figure you aren't really figuring what you want him to figure you figure...

Re: At least he didn't put his dad's head on ice

Post by Guest »

BSmack wrote:At the time of his death, he was living in Westfield, Mass., and working at a Northampton, Mass., supermarket.

Bawahahaha... a 25 mile commute to... bag groceries?
Jeff 2K5
Run from NFL

Post by Jeff 2K5 »

åy# wrote:

Actually nope, they didn't suck this bad early last year. Face it, they suck ass. They should have kept Vazquez and Loaiza, they're no cy young candidates but lord knows they're better than Jared Wright. :roll:

The $200 mill last place Yankees, gotta love it! :D
The Assassin
Raider Fan

Post by The Assassin »

****'sTroll#38 wrote:
The Assassin wrote:
Bizzarofelice wrote: I know whose troll this is.

Indeed

Really? You can name this troll in how many notes? Step up... either of you.

A slick way to outfigure a person is to get him figuring you figure he's figuring you're figuring he'll figure you aren't really figuring what you want him to figure you figure...
That depends. If I guess correctly will you stick your head into a roasting oven??
Al Davis=Fidel Castro
4 king guy
Elwood

Post by 4 king guy »

AnNeg
Nighthawk

Post by AnNeg »

4 king guy wrote:Image
I laughed.........

Hopefully that doesn't cause bad karma.....

1tnacU

Post by 1tnacU »

Bump for AssAssin
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Wild game in the Bronx this afternoon...Tino's on fire, homered in his 5th straight game. Giambi better consider that assignment right now...
1tnacU

Post by 1tnacU »

Shoalzie wrote:Giambi better consider that assignment right now...

From USATODAY:
Giambi also could be sent to the minors outright if he consents because he would clear waivers — no team would claim him because of his $120 million, seven-year contract. If the Yankees send Giambi to the minors outright, they would save $37,470.73 in luxury tax for each day his $17,142,857 average salary isn't included on the payroll of their 40-man roster, which is taxed at 40% over the 183-day regular season.

"I think it's unlikely he would consent to that," Cashman said, refusing to say whether a minor league assignment was discussed.

No way he agrees to be sent down.
The Assassin
Raider Fan

Post by The Assassin »

1tnacU wrote:Bump for AssAssin

Brown wins one game,and you're lookin for a cookie. :roll:
Al Davis=Fidel Castro
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

1tnacU wrote:
Shoalzie wrote:Giambi better consider that assignment right now...

From USATODAY:
Giambi also could be sent to the minors outright if he consents because he would clear waivers — no team would claim him because of his $120 million, seven-year contract. If the Yankees send Giambi to the minors outright, they would save $37,470.73 in luxury tax for each day his $17,142,857 average salary isn't included on the payroll of their 40-man roster, which is taxed at 40% over the 183-day regular season.

"I think it's unlikely he would consent to that," Cashman said, refusing to say whether a minor league assignment was discussed.

No way he agrees to be sent down.

I heard about him not wanting to be sent down but with Martinez playing the way he is, Giambi is out of a job. If he'd go down for a few week and get his crap together, the Yankees benefit and Giambi might get the critics off his ass.
1tnacU

Post by 1tnacU »

The Assassin wrote:Brown wins one game,and you're lookin for a cookie. :roll:
Uh..... no. I'm bumping this thread because you threw the Yankees under the bus 30 games into the season:
The Assassin wrote:This team isnt going anywhere.
I know you post a boatload of stupid shit and it's hard to keep track of it all. Don't worry though... I got your back.

How'd your boy do yesterday? Uh... yeah. 10 hits, 2 walks, 6 runs in 5 innings. That sounds more like the D-Lowe I've seen for the last two years... Expect a 4 pt something ERA, a 1.4 something WHIP, and about 14 wins by season's end.
1tnacU

Post by 1tnacU »

Shoalzie wrote:I heard about him not wanting to be sent down but with Martinez playing the way he is, Giambi is out of a job.

I understand that. But do you think Giambi cares? It's all about the Benjamins. If dude agrees to be sent down he loses money. If he sits or gets released, he still gets paid.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

1tnacU wrote:
Shoalzie wrote:I heard about him not wanting to be sent down but with Martinez playing the way he is, Giambi is out of a job.

I understand that. But do you think Giambi cares? It's all about the Benjamins. If dude agrees to be sent down he loses money. If he sits or gets released, he still gets paid.
There has to be some portion of his contract that Giambi has breached. Or was I dreaming when he admitted to using steroids?
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown