So what does the future hold for PSU?

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Re: So what does the future hold for PSU?

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

He was a heralded recruit who dropped to 3rd on the depth chart, behind a former walk-on who's now the starter, on a team that averages like 3 points per game.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

Watching Bolden play for PSU felt like taking a D battery flung by The Roid Rocket square in the face...every snap.
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

Bolden seems a perfect fit for LSU considering how often they wank off to over-hyped, dual-threat types with attitude problems who win 90% of their starts only because the staff there can reasonably evaluate talent at the other 21 positions. He'll probably ask to transfer after his first two incomplete passes.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/footballrecruit ... lden-75581

Wasn't MSU after him pretty hard? Amazing how well things turn out for teams by missing out on their top targets. And what's the deal with his eligibility? Does he have to sit out a year since he was released before the pedo mess, or does he now just get lumped in with the rest who have zero transfer restrictions?
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

Goober McTuber wrote:
PSUFAN wrote:I think USC would get a very talented RB in Redd. I wouldn't blame anyone for leaving this mess. I will definitely hold the kids that stay in the highest esteem, for what that's worth.
I did notice at the Big 10 meetings last week, Bielema was the first coach to speak up and say that he would not go after any Penn State players. Meanwhile, Illinois had 8 coaches in Happy Valley. And y’all sat Bret has no class.
AKA he read through PSU's roster and found no one who interested him.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

M Club wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote:
PSUFAN wrote:I think USC would get a very talented RB in Redd. I wouldn't blame anyone for leaving this mess. I will definitely hold the kids that stay in the highest esteem, for what that's worth.
I did notice at the Big 10 meetings last week, Bielema was the first coach to speak up and say that he would not go after any Penn State players. Meanwhile, Illinois had 8 coaches in Happy Valley. And y’all sat Bret has no class.
Jordan Hill, Gerald Hodges and Michael Mauti all think you're an idiot.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Sudden Sam wrote:
M Club wrote:Bolden seems a perfect fit for LSU considering how often they wank off to over-hyped, dual-threat types with attitude problems
Who you talkin' 'bout?

Sin,

Ryan Perrilloux
Seriously. :meds:

Yours truly,
Russell Shephard

[TiC]To be fair, though, no one has ever said Shephard has a bad attitude.[/Tic]
Joe Satriani is a mime, right? - 88

Show me your dicks. - trev
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

Goober McTuber wrote:
M Club wrote:
wonder how well their skills line up with holes in wisco's roster. your meathead coach drops 80 on jv teams and consults with toejam about taking out opponents' knees, but since he has a solid enough two-deep he's suddenly full of class?
buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

surprised he didn't go after the QB's

sup...Russell Wilson and Danny O' Brien

you know after that faggoty ass fat fuck cried about Meyer I hope OSU drops 80 on them...
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

The B1? looks to be a very interesting conference this year.
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

M Club wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote:
M Club wrote:
wonder how well their skills line up with holes in wisco's roster. your meathead coach drops 80 on jv teams and consults with toejam about taking out opponents' knees, but since he has a solid enough two-deep he's suddenly full of class?
He doesn't have a solid two-deep, and their skills would find a home on most college rosters. And tell those JV teams from Indiana and Northwestern to play some defense.
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

buckeye_in_sc wrote:surprised he didn't go after the QB's

sup...Russell Wilson and Danny O' Brien

Both of whom had completed their undergraduate degrees. Not a comparable situation, but nice try.

Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Post by Left Seater »

New shirts around PSU campus call the NCAA communist and say they are punishing the innocent since 1906.

I don't blame someone for making a shirt that someone else will buy, rather I put the blame on the idiots that have/will buy. So what they are saying is that PSU is innocent? Right... :meds: Covering up and not stopping child rape makes you innocent in their eyes I guess.

Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

Left Seater wrote:New shirts around PSU campus call the NCAA communist and say they are punishing the innocent since 1906.
I'm not sure what is more offensive, that shirt or PSU fans ripping off and not crediting The MFing BOZ.

"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
M2
2005 Cryin' Ryan Winner

Post by M2 »

Prepare To VOMIT: Penn State Fanatic Tom Price Calls The NCAA Sanctions “Our 9/11″ (VIDEO)

http://news.fanfeedr.com/2012/07/24/pre ... 911-video/

Gotta love those Ped State fans.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Wow.

:shakes my head:

M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

Goober McTuber wrote: He doesn't have a solid two-deep, and their skills would find a home on most college rosters. And tell those JV teams from Indiana and Northwestern to play some defense.
really, players good enough to play at penn state could hack it somewhere else? wisconsin's a favorite to win the big ten. from that perch it's easy to talk about class and doing things the right way. he'd have credibility had he shown class before, but ja, the indianas of the world who play just as shite defense against every other team who could drop 80 on them if wanted but don't. running the score up is an issue of having principles, not talent.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Ha! Bill O'Brien is talking about changing the unis and putting names on the back. :lol:

L-Bill O'Brien, R-Paterno Cultists
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

M Club wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote: He doesn't have a solid two-deep, and their skills would find a home on most college rosters. And tell those JV teams from Indiana and Northwestern to play some defense.
really, players good enough to play at penn state could hack it somewhere else? wisconsin's a favorite to win the big ten. from that perch it's easy to talk about class and doing things the right way. he'd have credibility had he shown class before, but ja, the indianas of the world who play just as shite defense against every other team who could drop 80 on them if wanted but don't. running the score up is an issue of having principles, not talent.
Yes, and Michigan only hung 65 on Bowling Green that year because they’re so classy. Wisky scored three TD’s in the fourth quarter. The first was on an interception return. The third was on a QB keeper by Nate Tice on a drive that was all running plays. The only truly egregious call was a long pass by a backup QB. That call was made by Paul Chryst, the OC.

Indiana’s coach said after the game he had no problem with any of it. Glad to see it still bunches up your bloomers two years later.

M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

Of course he publicly stated he had no issue with it. Bieliema also publicly intimated he has class. It's up to the rest of us to suss things out.

Teams that take their foot of the gas don't still score three TDs. Witness Ohio State the last 10 years, a team that could have truly dropped 70 or 80 on teams if they wanted. How often did that happen?

Michigan was leading BG 28-14 at halftime and was down to their 3rd-string QB. They were leading 44-21 at the start of the 4th. Wisconsin was leading 38-10 at half and 59-13 at the end of 3. I don't think your two examples are very comparable.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

M Club wrote:Michigan was leading BG 28-14 at halftime and was down to their 3rd-string QB. They were leading 44-21 at the start of the 4th. Wisconsin was leading 38-10 at half and 59-13 at the end of 3. I don't think your two examples are very comparable.
Looks to me like both teams scored 3 TD's in the 4th quarter, Corky.

Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

But when I mentioned earlier in this thread that I was still waiting to see whether that would happen PSUFAN assured me that it wouldn't!

:waz:

So, ooooooo, does this mean the four-year Death Sentence possibility is back on the table?

:popcorn:

PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

Really not sure what will happen next. This is not even the Board acting, it is a few of the Trustees.

:popcorn: is right...but if somehow they bring worse sanctions down, then I'll go ballistic, along with a hundred thousand other folks.
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

So let me get this straight on the timeline:

Sandusky rapes kids repeatedly

JoPa knows or at least suspects and does nothing

School president is given multiple reports of rape and does nothing

13 years after the first rape the story breaks

JoPa fired then passes away

Board of Trustees hires Freeh to investigate the cover up

Sandusky found guilty of child rape

Freeh report delivered

NCAA offers sanctions to avoid the Death Penalty

Current PSU president discusses with Board of Trustees Chair

PSU president signs sanctions

Board of Trustees meet and discuss sanctions then release statement saying they support the decision to agree to the scanctions

One member of Board of Trustees hires a lawyer and sues on his own without consent of full board and acknowledges other members will disagree with him

Here we go!

The NCAA can end this lawsuit quickly be pulling the agreed upon sanctions. Then they hold a hearing before the infractions committee and call all the PSU staff and Board of Trustees to discuss their cover up. Then they had down the already discussed Death Penalty.

Tell me how this benefits PSU in any way?
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

PSUFAN, if greater sanctions are indeed handed down because of this, your anger ought to be directed at these idiotic Trustees, not the NCAA. Those Trustees know what Erickson was staring at, and they want to risk going back to that?

Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

Van is correct in that PSU nation's ire should be directed to the rouge Trustees.

This is the action I would expect from a family member of one of the raped kids, not a Trustee that thinks the softer punishment was to harsh. This gives the NCAA an out from the sanctions many thought were too soft.

Might as well start http://www.removeRyanMcCombie.com tonight.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Left Seater wrote:Van is correct in that PSU nation's ire should be directed to the rouge Trustees.
Seriously. No one likes a tarted-up Trustee.

M2
2005 Cryin' Ryan Winner

Post by M2 »

I hope the NCAA accepts the appeal because I'd like to see PSU's answers to the 4 questions posed by Emmert.

Then the NCAA can bring back the 4 year death penalty for PSU based on those answers or simply have a vote to rescind membership.
M2
2005 Cryin' Ryan Winner

Post by M2 »

New Penn State-Elected Leader: Anthony Lubrano

This guy is really a Penn State Trustee ???

Oh boy.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

Van wrote:PSUFAN, if greater sanctions are indeed handed down because of this, your anger ought to be directed at these idiotic Trustees, not the NCAA.
Yes, that's exactly where my anger would be directed. This is too little, too late, too myopic.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

M2 wrote:New Penn State-Elected Leader: Anthony Lubrano

This guy is really a Penn State Trustee ???

Oh boy.
Elected by the Paterno worshipers, fueled by his firing. Not sure where his voice of dissent was when the BoT released the statement supporting Erickson's actions.
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

Wow the level of myopic rewriting of history has reached a new level.

Dude claims this isn't a PSU violation, nor is it a football violation?

Wait, what? A football coach rapes young boys in football facilities and the head coach participates in a cover up, and this isn't a school or football issue?

Wow, just wow. I am not shocked, rather I feel sad for this guy and those that agree with him that they can't see the forest for all the trees.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

Left Seater wrote: Wait, what? A football coach rapes young boys in football facilities and the head coach participates in a cover up, and this isn't a school or football issue?
The point that he's trying to make (and failing badly) is that NCAA sanctions are not an appropriate reaction to these crimes.

In large part I agree with this, but I think the time to make this case has passed.

Lubrano's been apoplectic since Joe was fired, and he always was a loudmouth jackass with far too much money. He's the perfect hero for the Paterno statue polishers. These people are not concerned with either the university or the Football Program, now that it's not a Paterno Family, Inc. production. They feel PSU Football died the day Joe was fired. I disagree with them strenuously.
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

NCAA sanctions are absolutely appropriate regarding these crimes. One of the major things that the NCAA punishes is coverups and lack of oversight. Look back at the last 10 penalties handed down and I will bet that coverup or lack of oversight is included in 9 of the 10.

Some at PSU will argue that the cover up had nothing to do with football. I and others couldn't disagree more. A major reason this was covered up and not reported was to save the image of the program and the school. Had the school pursued this in public there would have been harm to recruiting and to the stature of the school as a whole.

Further the NCAA enforcement program is charged with protecting the well being of the student athletes. By not reporting and kicking the child rapist off campus the football program and school knowingly put the student athletes in a bad position. What if it was a player that found Sandusky raping a child, not an assistant coach? The statue polishers would tar and feather this player for reporting this and bringing down JoPa. For this reason alone the NCAA must act.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Left Seater wrote:What if it was a player that found Sandusky raping a child, not an assistant coach?
Sandusky was raping assistant coaches? Now that’s just over the top.

Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Coaches raping other coaches, rouge Trustees and their overdone warpaint...just what sort of outfit are they running over there at Penn St anyway, Lefty?

:mrgreen:

Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

Bit of a stretch there don't you think? The point was clearly the one who found Sandusky raping a child, not who he was raping.

As for the spelling it could have been me, but it also might have been this damn Ipad. Freaking thing auto corrects like a mofo.

Now that I have one myself, www.damnyouautocorrect.com isn't nearly as funny as it was.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Dude, we're just having fun with the way you wrote it. Of course we knew what you meant.

Anyway, all you had to do was reverse the order.

Instead of...

What if it was a player that found Sandusky raping a child, not an assistant coach?

...it should have been...

What if it had been a player, not an assistant coach, who found Sandusky raping a child?

Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

No, I get it, just pointing out y'all were reaching.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

We can't resist low-hanging fruit. It's in our DNA.

Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Urnest Goes to Camp, starring Jim Varney as everone's favorite malaprop dimwit....