Thank You... State Farm

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Re: Thank You... State Farm

Post by Left Seater »

M2 wrote:
I heard good ole' Lame Kiffin is up to his old tricks and told one of the U$C players that he no longer had a scholarship due to possibly poaching one of PSU's players so they could make room for him.

Just pathetic.

Sums up your posts quite well.

Leave it to m2 to not know what he is talking about, yet again. Any player that transfers from PSU to play elsewhere this season will not have his scholarship count against his new team.
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Honestly, I've hardly paid paying any attention to these Olympics. Besides reading the sports ticker headlines, I've watched precisely one event: the first Phelps/Lochte 400 IM race. I also watched the Opening Ceremonies.

I would imagine there are a lot of USC and UCLA teammates on the water polo, volleyball and track teams, right?

Seer, stupid question time...

Is it you or Laxplayer who has the Crespi ties? I'm totally brainfarting, and it's been bugging me ever since one of my old classmates from Notre Dame sent me a list of our famous alumni. Just for fun, I was going to print it up and show it to you until it dawned on me that I couldn't recall which one of you was the Crespi guy.

Anyway, some of the names on the list were real eyebrow-raisers while others just made me laugh. I'm thinking you and Lax may actually be more familiar with some of these names than I am. If nothing else, there's definitely one name on this list that's near and dear to your heart...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Notre_Dame ... alifornia)

Notable Alumni

-Jim Auten (Class of 1975), Professional baseball U.C.L.A. Baseball-All American.
-Lily Aldridge (Class of 2004), Victoria's Secret Supermodel.
-Ed Begley Jr. (Class of 1967), American actor of St. Elsewhere fame. (Bwaaa! The Begster!)
-Rachel Bilson (Class of 1999), American actress. (Nice. Unfortunately for me, ND didn't allow girl students until 1983, the year after I graduated. Fuck.)

-Brian Beauchemin - Head Basketball coach at Glendale Community College
-John S. Boskovich (Class of 1975), Artist, writer, filmmaker, lawyer, and teacher
-Nick Cassavetes (Class of 1977), Daytime Emmy Award-winning American director. (Okay, I know of this guy.)
-Gordy Ceresino (Class of 1975), American football player, CEO Harris Bretall Sullivan & Smith LLC.
-John Cicuto - former head football coach at Glendale Community College current Athletic Director and Prep All American.
-Chris Dickerson (Class of 2000), Major league baseball player for the New York Yankees.
-Jamie Dixon (Class of 1983), men's basketball coach at the University of Pittsburgh. (Damn, Jamie Dixon is now the coach of Pitt, and a millionaire! He was just a decent little hoops player when I knew him. Nothing special. Now look at him.)
-Maggie Dixon (Class of 1995), former women's basketball coach at the United States Military Academy (d. 2006). (Very cool.)

-James P. Docherty (Class of 1975), former president of Hachette Filipacchi New Media, founder of Great Atlantic Trophy Company
-Daniel W. Donahue - Donahue was a member of the Board of Trustees and past Chairman of the International Council of Shopping Centers, which represents 35,000 shopping center professionals worldwide. Projects including Glendale Galleria in Glendale, California; Fashion Island in Newport Beach, California; The Market Place (formerly Tustin Market Place) in Tustin, California; Galleria at Tyler in Riverside, California; and numerous other major shopping centers throughout California. (d. 2003).
-Terry Donahue (Class of 1962), Former University of California, Los Angeles football player and coach. (WTF?! NOOOOOOOOO!! :mrgreen: )
-Kirsten Dunst (Class of 2000), American actress. (She fucked Spiderman. That's gotta count for something, right?)
-Justin Fargas (Class of 1998), USC Trojan and American NFL football player. (Never knew he want to ND until he was already with the Raiders.)

-Nick Folk (Class of 2002), American football player.
-Maureen Flannigan (Class of 1991), Evie in Out of This World.
-Tim Foli (Class of 1969, did not graduate), major league baseball player; first pick in the Major League Baseball Draft in 1968. (Met him at practice my sophomore year.)
-Taylor Fry (Class of 1999), former American child actress best known for her role on the TV show Kirk and as Lavinia in A Little Princess.
-Amanda Fuller (Class of 2002), American actress.
-Donald "The Swedish Hammer" Gibb (Class of 1972), Ogre in Revenge of the Nerds. (No idea who this is, but with a nickname and resume like that, he's got to be awesome.)
-Pat Gillick (Class of 1954), Hall of Fame; General Manager of the Philadelphia Phillies. (Definitely never knew that.)
-Dan Goossen - Boxing Promoter, president of Goossen-Tutor, 5-time winner of Studio City President's Day Chili Cook-off. (Met him and his brother Greg. Love the chili cook-off blurb.)
-Greg Goossen (Class of 1964), major league baseball player/actor (d. 2011). (When I was there, he was still the only guy who had ever hit a HR to center field, which, if you've ever seen ND's baseball field, you would know is a seeming impossibility.)

-Devon Gummersall (Class of 1997), Actor in My So-Called Life, head of the Van Nuys Association for the Advancement of Androgens.
-David Hanna - President, CEO, or Director of more than 15 high technology companies. He is Chairman of the Board of Blue Coat Systems and Tropos Networks, and is on the Board of Directors of Handmark Inc. Chairman of Hanna Ventures.
-Eric Harper - Director/Writer.
-Jimmy Hawkins (Class of 1959), Actor in It's a Wonderful Life, The Donna Reed Show, Petticoat Junction, and Annie Oakley.
-Brett Hayes (Class of 2002), Major League Baseball Player for the Miami Marlins.
-Richard Keith (Class of 1969), Actor in I Love Lucy.
-Myles Helm (Class of 1975), President DAUM Commercial.
-James H. Herndon - orthopaedic surgeon, president of an orthopaedic surgery organization.
-Spencer Johnson - Author of "One Minute Manager" and "Who Moved My Cheese."
-Travis Johnson (Class of 2000), American football player.
-Staci Keanan (Class of 1993), starred in the 1991 TV series Step by Step and the 1987 TV series My Two Dads.
-David Kopay (Class of 1960), American football running back, one of the first professional athletes to come out as gay. (Haaa! We had one of the first famous sports fags! Uhhhhh... :oops: )
-David C. Lane (Class of 1974), professor of philosophy and sociology/author.
-Harper LeBel (Class of 1981), American football player. (He was the left fielder while I was the center fielder. Dude went on to play football at Colorado St before enjoying a ten-year career in the NFL as a long snapper!)
-Marcus M. Maassen - Professor/Doctor at the University Hospital of Tübingen, Germany, Dept. of Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery.
-Rami Malek (Class of 1999), American actor.
-Arash Markazi (Class of 1998), journalist, writer for Sports Illustrated.
-Rich Marotta - KFI sports reporter and award-winning boxing commentator.
-Jerry Mathers (Class of 1966), Beaver in Leave It to Beaver. (BWAAAAHAAA! Go ahead and top THAT, fuckers!)
-Jack McDowell (Class of 1984), major league baseball player, 1993 Cy Young Award winner. (Played Little League with him too, but he was on the JV's when I was on the varsity. I owned that fucker. :twisted: )

-Stephen McEveety (Class of 1973), Hollywood producer.
-Katharine McPhee (Class of 2002), Singer and American Idol season 5 runner-up. (That hottie from Glee? Okeydokey.)
-Bob Moretti (Class of 1954), Speaker of the California State Assembly 1971-74. (d. 1984)
-Nigel P. Miguel (Class of 1981), U.C.L.A. basketball player. (This guy was flat out awesome in high school. He was pretty good at UCLA too, but he was a god in high school. He was also the only black guy in our entire school.)
-Michael Minkler (Class of 1970), Three-time Academy Award-winning soundman (Black Hawk Down, Chicago, and Dreamgirls).
-Michael Mullen (Class of 1964), a four-star admiral (ret.) in the United States Navy and former Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff. (Now that is very, very cool.)
-Dave Navarro (Class of 1985), Guitarist for Jane's Addiction. ( :rock: )
-Stephen Perkins (Class of 1985), Drummer for Jane's Addiction. ( :rock: :rock: )

-Devon Odessa (Class of 1992), American actress.
-Jim Piechocki - Developed and wrote Re-Mission, the world's most prominent serious game aimed at kids with cancer.
-Jorge Piedra (Class of 1997), major league baseball player.
-Brendan Ryan (Class of 2000), infielder for the Seattle Mariners.
-Steve Sailer (Class of 1977), paleoconservative pundit and film critic for Taki's Magazine.
-Bill Seward - NBC-TV sports anchor, CBS radio sportscaster and Dodgers postgame show host.
-Lindsey Shaw (Class of 2007), American actress on Ned's Declassified School Survival Guide.
-Dave Sitton - UA Rugby Head Coach. Fox Sports Commentator for UA Football and Basketball. 2005 Tucson Man of the Year.
-Frank M. Sontag - disc-jockey, news director, sportscaster.
-Giancarlo Stanton (Class of 2007), Professional baseball player for the Miami Marlins. One of the top rookies in the Major Leagues in 2010. One of the top home run hitters in 2011. (He doesn't suck. He also owns the Giants, every time I see him.)
-Tad Stones (Class of 1970), American animator, screenwriter, producer and director best known for his work for The Walt Disney Company.
-Mary Strong - Sports Broadcaster Fox Sports Net.
-Barry Stubblefield (Class of 1975), Owner Mount Waterman facility (d. 2005).
-Paul Sunderland (Class of 1970), Sports Broadcaster; 1984 United States Olympic volleyball team that won the gold medal.
-Michelle Trachtenberg (Class of 2003), American actress. (Funny-looking nose and all, you would sooooo do her.)
-Guy Tobin (Class of 1973), Homebuilder (d. 2008) is listed in the national 'Who's Who of Homebuilding,' as spearheading the revitalization of the 35,000+ acre, planned community at Rio Rico, Arizona. The Anza Trail Coalition of Arizona honored his many efforts by dedicating the Rio Rico Trailhead to Guy Tobin.
-John Vella (Class of 1968), former USC and Oakland Raiders offensive lineman. ('Atta boy. That's a good 'un.)
-Robert Edward Williams (Class of 1960), mathematician, architect, and designer. He is known for books on geometry for scientists and designers (The Geometry of Natural Structure), the development of theoretical principles of Catenatic Geometry (The Kiss Catenatic: The Introduction of Catenatic Geometry and its Environs), and the invention of the Ars-Vivant Wild-life Protector System for repopulating the Western Mojave Desert in California with desert tortoises.
-Andrew Eben Woodward (Class of 1975), author of "Prettiest World I Know."
-Dennis Zine (Class of 1966), Los Angeles City Councilman. Zine represents the city's 3rd District (Woodland Hills, Tarzana, Reseda, West Hills, Winnetka and Canoga Park).

After I checked out that list, it got me to wondering about other high schools and their notable alumni. You know who absolutely kicks ass, at least in terms of sports figures? Crenshaw High. Christ, they've had a lot of major hoops players, and some killer football and baseball players too.

I haven't looked, but I'm guessing Long Beach Poly, Servite and Mater Dei have acquitted themselves fairly decently as well.
Joe Satriani is a mime, right? - 88

Show me your dicks. - trev
M2
2005 Cryin' Ryan Winner

Post by M2 »

Left Seater wrote:Leave it to m2 to not know what he is talking about, yet again.

Really ?

This is becoming rather tedious. With me having to continually correct you on things you have no idea about, but constantly open your mouth about .

Left Seater wrote: Any player that transfers from PSU to play elsewhere this season will not have his scholarship count against his new team.

Not teams who are on sanctions. They have to adhere to their current allotment.

Please try and keep up... 'College Football' rules guy.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Left Seater wrote:
M2 wrote:I heard good ole' Lame Kiffin is up to his old tricks and told one of the U$C players that he no longer had a scholarship due to possibly poaching one of PSU's players so they could make room for him.

Just pathetic.
Sums up your posts quite well.

Leave it to m2 to not know what he is talking about, yet again. Any player that transfers from PSU to play elsewhere this season will not have his scholarship count against his new team.
Incorrect. If a team is already on scholarship probation, as USC is, then they cannot exceed their alloted number even via additions such as these.

M2 got this one right. Well, except for the fact that no, Kiffin hasn't had to take that walk-on's scholarship away. Instead, one of USC's scholarship players became academically ineligible and it's his spot that Silas Redd will be taking.

M2
2005 Cryin' Ryan Winner

Post by M2 »

The Seer wrote:Van, doesn't it just warm your heart seeing SuC & UCLA players teammates at the Olympics???

:|

It really must suck knowing that Cal has more athletes in the London games than both $C and fUCLA with 45 Golden Bears.

Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

It must really, really suck then knowing that USC absolutely stomps a mudhole in Cal in terms of overall Olympic greatness.

Shit, if USC was a country they'd rank 17th all time on the world's medal list, and 12th for gold medals...

http://www.mensfitness.com/leisure/spor ... old-medals

Hibernate on that, Golden Bear Cub.

M2
2005 Cryin' Ryan Winner

Post by M2 »

How's the hear and now... working out for ya ?

Cal National Medal Count: 9! 4 Gold, 1 Silver, 4 Bronze!

I enjoyed watching what appeared to be the co-ed high dive the other night...

Laxplayer
President of the USC hater club
Location: On the golf course because......well, I'm the golf coach.

Post by Laxplayer »

Here's the here and now.
Here...in this forum Mstool wrote that Cal would be in the MNC game.
Now I'm going to throw this out there again....I'll bet you $1,000 dollars that they don't make the national championship game.

Here is what Mstool will say.......crickets chirping
Now we all know he's the biggest fucking pussy in this entire forum and refuses to stand up for his post. You fucking pussy. At least man up and say you don't want to take the bet because you know Cal won't come anywhere near any BCS bowl let along the national championship game. Man up or is your tampon stuck?

Van.....I'm the crespi guy. Seer went to Birmingham. Granted he's a bit older than we are...... :grin:
The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

Van wrote: Shit, if USC was a country they'd rank 17th all time on the world's medal list, and 12th for gold medals...

UCLA - 119 gold / 63 silver / 59 bronze
E UNUM PLURIBUS
M2
2005 Cryin' Ryan Winner

Post by M2 »

Van wrote: Shit, if USC was a country they'd rank 17th all time on the world's medal list

If Cal was a country this year they'd rank 11th on the medals list at the London Olympics.

Complete and utter dominance.

PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

2ool,

Why are you ignoring Lax?
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
Laxplayer

Post by Laxplayer »

Shit, if USC was a country they'd rank 17th all time on the world's medal list
If Cal was a country this year they'd rank 11th on the medals list at the London Olympics.
Complete and utter dominance.
How is comparing Cal's medals won in this olympiad vs. SC's rank n the World list complete and utter dominance?
That's like saying Cal football's most wins in one season vs. SC's national championships all time.
Or Cal's heisman trophy winners in one year vs. SC's all time....wait I'm sorry, Cal doesn't have one of those.....ok, # of Cal guys invited to the Heisman ceremony....dammit, wrong again because they've never had one invited. Ok, Cal guys who have crashed the Heisman ceremony...wait, it's a plane flight and jet lag would set in. Ok, Cal guys that have won the MVP on Cal's team vs. SC's or ND's heisman winners. Since Cal has an MVP every year fucking scoreboard bitches......
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

i'm not going all bradhusker here, but no one really gives a fuck about the olympics. just because they are being marketed like there's no tomorrow for the first time in a decade since they aren't in China....why does anyone care about the nationalism inherent in synchro diving.

it's marketed sex bodies and hokey nationalism and advertising. someone discovered the fallow formula all in one after the Kardashians and people were dumb enough to watch Dancing With.

hooray for Cal and the Pac.

BTPCF.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

Kal grads are fucking DOMINATING the Ren Faire Games this year, I bet.
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
Laxplayer

Post by Laxplayer »

I wonder if Cal has more medals than eastern northwestern nevada technical institute of prostitution.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Love to see their cheerleading squad...

"Panties? Fuck 'em. Let's roll, girls!"

Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

King Crimson wrote:i'm not going all bradhusker here, but no one really gives a fuck about the olympics. just because they are being marketed like there's no tomorrow for the first time in a decade since they aren't in China....why does anyone care about the nationalism inherent in synchro diving.

it's marketed sex bodies and hokey nationalism and advertising. someone discovered the fallow formula all in one after the Kardashians and people were dumb enough to watch Dancing With.

hooray for Cal and the Pac.

BTPCF.
Women are the only people who care about the Olympics. I care slightly, but not much on the whole.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
M2
2005 Cryin' Ryan Winner

Post by M2 »

Penn State's best wide-receiver to Oklahoma

http://espn.go.com/college-football/sto ... ing-source

m2 wrote: That's an awful lot of talent to be leaving (Much of it from their 2-Deep).

You have to think that the floodgates may open up soon for the remaining players.

I could see Penn State losing 9 games this year...

2012 Penn State Nittany Lions Football Schedule

September 1... Ohio U
September 8... Virginia Away
September 15... Navy
September 22... Temple
September 29... Illinois Away
October 6... Northwestern
October 13... Open
October 20... Iowa Away
October 27... Ohio State
November 3... Purdue Away
November 10... Nebraska Away
November 17... Indiana
November 24... Wisconsin

Sure losses...Wisconsin, Nebraska away, Purdue away, Iowa away and Ohio State

Probable losses...Illinois away, Virginia away

Likely wins...Ohio U and Temple

Toss up...Northwestern and Navy

Sure losses plus probable losses plus toss ups indicates 2 wins and 9 losses or maybe 3 wins and 8 losses.

After this seasons disaster... I could see the current players and commits leaving like flies in a stiff wind.

Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Screwball wrote:Women are the only people who care about the Olympics. I care slightly, but not much on the whole.
That really does seem to be the case with most people now. I don't know of a single guy who gives a fuck about the Olympics anymore. I also don't know of a single woman who isn't going out of her way to watch the gymnastics events, which seem to be the Summer Olympics' answer to Olympic figure skating.

M2
2005 Cryin' Ryan Winner

Post by M2 »

Van wrote: I don't know of a single guy who gives a fuck about the Olympics anymore.

You must have some fucked up eyesight... or you're gay

ELLEN HOOG DUTCH FIELD HOCKEY
ImageImage

LERYN FRANCO PERUVIAN JAVELIN THROWER
ImageImageImage

VICTORIA PENDLETON GREAT BRITAIN CYCLING

SARA GALIMBERTI ITALY TRACK AND FIELD

MELANIE ADAMS AUSTRALIA TRACK AND FIELD

CHRISTINA VUKICEVIC NORWAY TRACK AND FIELD, HURDLES

There's these newfangled things called TV Guides.... which can help you pick which channels/events you want to watch.

Give it a shot sometime... if you're straight.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Oh, no doubt there is lots of eye candy traipsing through the various Olympic events. I'm just not willing to watch all that other endless crap in the hopes of catching maybe four seconds of camera time on the Dutch 4x100 Camel Toe squad.

M2
2005 Cryin' Ryan Winner

Post by M2 »

Van wrote:I'm just not willing to watch all that other endless crap in the hopes of catching maybe four seconds of camera time on the Dutch 4x100 Camel Toe squad.

Like I said previously... there's this new thing they have called a "TV Guide" and it tells you what events are being showed and when they're on. It's crazy.

You can also watch for more than 4 seconds. I've yet to see a 4 second event, myself.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

If the goal is to watch hot pussy on a blinking screen, there's also this thing called "the internet" which features much hotter naked pussy engaging in infinitely more appealing activities.

M2
2005 Cryin' Ryan Winner

Post by M2 »

Van wrote:If the goal is to watch hot pussy on a blinking screen, there's also this thing called "the internet" which features much hotter naked pussy engaging in infinitely more appealing activities.

Yes, those porn stars are just the picture of health.

I like sports and I like watching women run and bounce around while they try and play them.

But to each there own.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

See, if the Olympics featured singular close-ups that stayed on one dancing hottie for three-plus minutes, sure, I'd be all over it. Unfortunately, you'll never see anything like that during an Olympics telecast. For one thing, the reason someone put that video together was that a sight like that is so rare in track and field. For another, the networks can't afford to focus the camera solely on one girl to the exclusion of all the others.

And you are aware that not all girls that can be seen on the internet are porn stars, right, and that not all porn chicks look like hell?

Ken
Most epic roll-call thread starter EVER

Post by Ken »

M2 wrote:I like sports and I like watching women run and bounce around while they try and play them.
Finally, this explains your affinity for Kal FB.

... And I’m quite disappointed that Van let this meatball pitch slip by for a called third strike.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

:doh:

Just... :doh:

Damn it.

M2
2005 Cryin' Ryan Winner

Post by M2 »

Van wrote::doh:

Just... :doh:

Damn it.

MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Van wrote:If the goal is to watch hot pussy on a blinking screen, there's also this thing called "the internet" which features much hotter naked pussy engaging in infinitely more appealing activities.
Pretty much. If butch chicks with six packs and mosquito bite tits are your thing, then the Olympics offer up a smorgasbord. Otherwise, investing time watching all these she-beasts for just a glimpse of the occasional hottie is both sad and unnecessary.

But the Olympics are okay in small doses. Nobody's watching seven straight hours of qualifying events in kayaking and badminton, but gold medal contests in things like swimming and track & field are worth tuning in for because they require about two minutes of your time and feature actual athletes. Not exactly a banner time for sports anyway.