Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Re: Thank You... State Farm

Post by Left Seater »

Laxplayer wrote:
What about our bet? chicken shit.

LAX, no way he answers you on the bet. He did the same thing to me about 5 years ago or so when I challenged him to a triathlon. Prior to that challenge he was talking about what great shape he was in and how much stamina he had. Suddenly, when faced with a challenge he had an excuse and then disappeared.

Look for him to completely ignore any thing regarding your bet. It is as if those words don't appear on his computer.
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
M2
2005 Cryin' Ryan Winner

Post by M2 »

Left Seater wrote:
M2 wrote: Cal also held U$C's vaunted offense to 313 total yards... while Maynard turned the ball over again another 5 times by himself in that game.
Keenan Allen opened the game for Kal with a fumble.

Opps, Maynard only had 4 turnovers in the game.

That surely makes it better.
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

M2 wrote: Next year Cal will have their best qb prospect since Aaron Rodgers starting for Cal.
Good think he'll be starting for Cal...wouldn't want Cal's best prospect starting for some other team.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

M2 wrote:Just imagine if Cal didn't have Maynard.

Cal would be a scary ass team to face.

Next year Cal will have their best qb prospect since Aaron Rodgers starting for Cal.
And they never did shit then, either. It has never mattered who played for Cal at any position. The end result is always the same: a meh team, plus or minus a win or two determining only whether they're awful or merely good. They're never all that scary, and they've never been great, not in our lifetime anyway.
Joe Satriani is a mime, right? - 88

Show me your dicks. - trev
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

M2 wrote:
Opps,
Sums up your posts quite nicely.

When was the last time you even watched Kal?
M2
2005 Cryin' Ryan Winner

Post by M2 »

Van wrote: And they never did shit then, either. It has never mattered who played for Cal at any position. The end result is always the same: a meh team, plus or minus a win or two determining only whether they're awful or merely good. They're never all that scary, and they've never been great, not in our lifetime anyway.

The year before (2003) Cal beat U$C.

2004 #7 Cal @ #1 USC (Aaron Rodgers sets NCAA Record)

Like Corso and the Gameday crew says in this video... "Cal was the better team".

Cal had 424 yards of total offense.

Cal's defense held $C to 205 total yards of offense and just 12 first downs.

Somehow those two years that A-Rod played just slipped your mind, huh ?
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

So what exactly are you pimping with those AR years?

The fact that in 2003 you beat SC yet still lost 6 other times?

Or is it that you still lost to SC in 2004 despite someone saying you were the better team, and getting stomped by Tech in yet another Holiday Bowl loss?

Very telling that in your ESPN clip it says coaching maked the difference. We couldn't agree more.
Laxplayer
President of the USC hater club
Location: On the golf course because......well, I'm the golf coach.

Post by Laxplayer »

LAX, no way he answers you on the bet. He did the same thing to me about 5 years ago or so when I challenged him to a triathlon. Prior to that challenge he was talking about what great shape he was in and how much stamina he had. Suddenly, when faced with a challenge he had an excuse and then disappeared.

Look for him to completely ignore any thing regarding your bet. It is as if those words don't appear on his computer.
He's a chicken shit pussy who runs his fucking mouth then when he gets called out runs away like the little bitch that we all know he is.......Hey fucker...put your money where your mouth is......Oh wait, maybe the wager was too high. Let's go bitch.....bet me......

Lefty, I did a triathlon once....from the couch, to the fridge, the the toilet.........
R-Jack
Non Sequitur Legend

Post by R-Jack »

Laxplayer wrote:...put your money where your mouth is.........
Crisp $100 bills have no business in a man's asshole.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

M2, no, the Aaron Rodgers years didn't slip my mind. I specifically referenced them in saying, "And they never did shit then, either."

They sucked in '03. They choked in '04. They accomplished nothing of significance in either season, just as they've accomplished nothing of significance since The Great Depression.

MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

M2 wrote:2004 #7 Cal @ #1 USC (Aaron Rodgers sets NCAA Record)

So your example of Cal dominance is a loss? Pretty well sums up your entire posting history.

BTW, all that clip shows is Rodgers getting sacked and your receivers falling down.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

R-Jack wrote:
Laxplayer wrote:...put your money where your mouth is.........
Crisp $100 bills have no business in a man's asshole.
:lol: :lol:
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

So Fortt - a backup at PSU - is actually "PSU's starting MLB", and Kal is nabbing him...but he has to sit out to bulk up and get good enough to be Kal-quality?

Classic mfool dumbfuckery.

The truth is, Fortt is a guy who was - even post-sanctions - probably not going to start at all, unless injury necessitated it. His transfer, like most of the others so far, is to a school that possibly will present more playing time for a player behind better players at PSU.

Like O'Brien keeps saying - teams like Kal will never play in front of 100k+ unless they visit a Big 1? or SEC!SEC!SEC! stadium. After getting douchhole-penetrated by f'n Maryland a few years ago, I expect that will happen...probably never. The kids at PSU will play in front of 100k+ for every home game. This mitigates the 4-year bowl ban in a very real sense.
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

P.S. - word has it Fortt needs knee surgery - and a redshirt.
M2
2005 Cryin' Ryan Winner

Post by M2 »

PSUFAN wrote:
Like O'Brien keeps saying The kids at PSU will play in front of 100k+ for every home game. This mitigates the 4-year bowl ban in a very real sense.

Not too hard to reprogram the cultists it seems. Brainwash the fan-base once... and the second go-around is a piece of cake.

Good luck with that.

I give it one season before that place has about 50,000 disillusioned cult members occupying that graveyard every Saturday in the fall.

PSUFAN wrote:P.S. - word has it Fortt needs knee surgery - and a redshirt.

Ummmm.... he already had that minor surgery after Spring practice.

You know, the same Spring practice where the NEW coaching staff had him inked as the starting MLB on the team.

Penn State Depth Chart
M2
2005 Cryin' Ryan Winner

Post by M2 »

nm
Last edited by M2 on Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

The only name that concerns me on that list is Pollard...and even then, not all that much. Larry Johnson Sr. is the nation's premier defensive line coach, and an A+ recruiter. We have good DTs right now, and we will be getting more.

Redd was our best RB, but Bill Belton and Curtis Dukes are very promising...and as I said above, now that Paterno is stiffening in the ground the offense will not have to live and die with one talented player.

Otherwise, you're looking at guys who are probably (or in some cases, certainly) transferring because breaking into the starting lineup was doubtful for them even before sanctions.

It's gonna piss you off pretty bad, but PSU will go through this and come out even stronger.
Laxplayer
President of the USC hater club
Location: On the golf course because......well, I'm the golf coach.

Post by Laxplayer »

I give it one season before that place has about 50,000 disillusioned cult members occupying that graveyard every Saturday in the fall.
So pretty much like Cal then?

So when are you going to man up and take my bet you bitch?
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Left Seater wrote:what the hell would a good Big XII offense like Ok State, Baylor or OU do to Kal?

Good question, and I don't know the answer.

I DO know what a good PAC12 offense did to them...

'bout 43-15, with the foot taken off the gas early.

Although I'm sure Kal was suffering some degree of jetlag.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

Dave,

I would think you would also be worried about losing a kicker that was better than 82% last season. PSU will likely need those points and having someone who hasn't kicked in a game isn't a great feeling.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

Sam, you know I respect your viewpoint. I disagree, I don't think PSU deserves to suffer. But again, PSU is more than Paterno and the football program to me. I think there is definitely atonement that is needed....but I think it should be coming from Sandusky and his enablers. I do accept the sanctions, though, despite disagreeing with them. I've moved on from everything but my own commitment to doing what I can to counter abuse and to support services.

Lefty, Fera was a disciplinary problem for the team. He is a great kicker, but he had some baggage. Also, before he left PSU had three good kickers. Between Butterfield and Ficken, I think we'll be ok.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

PSUFAN wrote:I don't think PSU deserves to suffer.
wow.

I don't know what to say and no emoticon could properly convey a reaction to this statement.

But I guess you've made where you stand quite clear.

I take it back, I do know what to say:

Have you any experience triggering a long barreled shotgun with the big toe on your right foot?

I suggest you get some.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

But then...you're a fucking moron, so there's that.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

PSUFAN wrote:But then...you're a fucking moron, so there's that.
yet, I've never posted a pic of myself in my shit stained Hanes nor have I defended the indefensible. There's also that.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

Like I say - I'm not disputing the sanctions...but I disagree with them, as the folks you mention surely did as well. I don't think punishing PSU just so halfwits like Welt Wagon can feel better about himself is the right thing to do.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

War Wagon wrote:
PSUFAN wrote:But then...you're a fucking moron, so there's that.
yet, I've never posted a pic of myself in my shit stained Hanes nor have I defended the indefensible. There's also that.
In what sense am I defending the indefensible, jackass? Please make that clear. Is it because I disagree with the sanctions?

Could you make it any clearer that you've completely failed to understand the seriousness of Sandusky's crimes? What a walnut-sized brain you truly must have, if you think that a football penalty could ever begin to address those crimes. I would never defend those crimes...and I understand what they mean and how horrible they are. You are happy to punish people who were uninvolved, and just leave it at that, apart from some hollow message board keyboard pounding. Like I said a few weeks ago - YOU are the enabler here.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

I've stayed out of this for the most part. But when I see an apologist chime in with self-serving bullshit, I'll tend to call a spade a spade.

Oh, you've accepted the punishment but don't think it's fair?

What a laffable putz.

If you're an example of a typical PSU fan, I feel nothing but disgust for that institution and fanbase.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

Where have I made an apology for anything, idiot? Give us specifics.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

PSUFAN wrote:Where have I made an apology for anything, idiot? Give us specifics.
to wit:
I don't think PSU deserves to suffer.
That's an apology, intended or not.

There are consequences to actions, some that affect people who weren't even involved. I'm sorry you had to find out this way and I feel pity for those thus affected. It doesn't make me feel good about myself, as you insinuated, but justice was served.

Man the fuck up, take your medicine, and quit whining about it.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

PSU didn't rape those kids, Wags. Sandusky did. PSU didn't cover up the crimes - 4 guys did. Sandusky is behind bars, and the others will follow, if that's what a jury of their peers decides. I am disgusted by the crimes and by the coverup...but I have no reason to apologize for any of that, and neither does anyone else in the PSU community. Do you apologize for the Cherokee Trail of Tears? By your logic, you had better start doing that.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

PSUFan, using that same logic, go ahead and explain how other programs that received sanctions deserved them. The perps were long gone and suffered no NCAA sanctions; only the innocent suffered.

PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

Van wrote:PSUFan, using that same logic, go ahead and explain how other programs that received sanctions deserved them. The perps were long gone and suffered no NCAA sanctions; only the innocent suffered.
We've got a 500 post thread devoted to that argument. Here, I'm arguing a different point with WW, who sees fit to make no distinction between the PSU community at large and Sandusky and his enablers. I don't think you and I were ever at the bottom of that particular barrel.
H4ever
Eternal Scobode

Post by H4ever »

Van wrote:PSUFan, using that same logic, go ahead and explain how other programs that received sanctions deserved them. The perps were long gone and suffered no NCAA sanctions; only the innocent suffered.
To a degree....but then there's always the Hurrigangsta thugs of Miami who simply reloaded degenerate pukes who had no business on a college fb field.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

PSUFAN wrote:Here, I'm arguing a different point with WW, who sees fit to make no distinction between the PSU community at large and Sandusky and his enablers. I don't think you and I were ever at the bottom of that particular barrel.
No, but when you say that you don't feel Penn St deserved to receive these sanctions because they punish the innocent, this does make one wonder whether you feel any sanctions levied by the NCAA were ever deserved?

PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

Wonder away - I feel what happened with Sandusky and his enablers was entirely different than the situations you're thinking of. But then...we've been over this.

Here's a difference - you won't catch me arguing that PSU's sanctions have anything to do with any other school's sanctions. In all honesty, I am barely cognizant of the substance of those other sanctions.

I feel an unprecedented reaction to the scandal at PSU was definitely needed...and I feel as if that occurred, well before the NCAA stepped in.

I don't see anyone in the PSU community forgetting this or allowing something similar to take place ever again, well apart from any external punishment. Can we say the same of USC's missteps and community? Sadly, I think not.
M2
2005 Cryin' Ryan Winner

Post by M2 »

I think all convicted pedophiles should be made to wear penn state gear....easy to identify...

Check out what your president did his thesis on....
http://www.americanthinker.com/2012/07/the_climate...
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

M2 wrote:
Check out what your president did his thesis on....
http://www.americanthinker.com/2012/07/the_climate...

If true, not surprising that Obama would hire him.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

That's a disturbing allegation. I wonder why he'd approach the University President, and not authorities? Also - why are we hearing about this now, and not in 2002?

I have no reason to defend Spanier...but I'm not at the point where I read something like this and instantly assume it to be gospel truth. Moreover, Spanier is or was not "PSU". I no more equate him with PSU than I do Franco Harris, Rick Santorum, etc. and so on.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

PSUFAN wrote:Can we say the same of USC's missteps and community? Sadly, I think not.
You clearly have not been paying attention then. Pat Haden ring any bells?

The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

Van, doesn't it just warm your heart seeing SuC & UCLA players teammates at the Olympics???

:|
E UNUM PLURIBUS