Just so at Talledega

Please donate to the War Wagon memorial A/C fund.

Moderator: War Wagon

War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Just so at Talledega

Post by War Wagon »

How appropriate: You go, Goodwrench Chevy. Damn, but I luv 'dega! If there's one track I want to watch a race at before I'm dead, that'd be it...moreso than even Daytona.

Happy 54th posthumous birthday to the Intimidator. Jeffy shouldn't have to wonder too hard or long where Harvick got that extra mph from.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Harvick pays tribute to Earnhardt with pole for Aaron's 499

April 29, 2005
By Bruce Martin SportsTicker Contributing Editor

TALLADEGA, Alabama (Ticker) Kevin Harvick gave Dale Earnhardt a posthumous birthday present.

On what would have been the legendary Earnhardt's 54th birthday, Kevin Harvick put his old car on the pole at Talladega Superspeedway.

Harvick was named as Earnhardt's successor at Richard Childress Racing four days after the seven-time NASCAR series champion was killed in a crash in the last turn of the last lap of the 2001 Daytona 500. Earnhardt won 10 races at Talladega.

By winning the pole for Sunday's Aaron's 499 with a lap at 189.804 miles per hour in a Chevrolet Monte Carlo, Harvick spoke of the significance on "Dale Earnhardt Day" in Alabama.

"It's really special for everybody at RCR and it means a lot to everybody for what happened here in the past," Harvick said. "Hopefully, we can open a new chapter in that long book of history that Dale Earnhardt and Richard Childress have shared here and get a win. We've been pretty close here before and hopefully we can knock that door down on Sunday."

Defending race champion Jeff Gordon was second at 188.988 mph in another Chevrolet and saw some significance in Harvick's accomplishment on Earnhardt's birthday.

"I think he's a crowd favorite," Gordon said. "There are a lot of Earnhardt fans that are here that know that his birthday would have been today. It's a great way for them to celebrate. You've got to give him credit."

Harvick picked up seven-tenths of a second - about 2 1/2 mph - from his fastest practice lap to his pole-winning lap.

"How you go out there and pick up almost a second, I don't know how they did that," Gordon said. "You have to give them credit. Whatever they are doing works for them. They are on the pole and we're second. But it definitely gets your attention when you see that."

Elliott Sadler's Ford Taurus was third at 188.548 mph.

"A Ford hasn't won a race here since 1998 and we hardly even lead any laps when we come and everybody in the fabrication shop wants to change that," Sadler said. "They've built me a brand new race car. It's never been tested or anything. That says a lot about our program.

"We want to get it up there. We want to be recognized as another DEI or another Hendrick, but we've got to win some races and run up front and lead some laps and this is a great place to start to do that at here at Talladega."

Scott Riggs' Chevrolet was fourth at 188.474 mph and Ryan Newman's Dodge Charger fifth at 188.237 mph.

Two of the Chevrolets from Dale Earnhardt Inc. that have dominated restrictor-plate tracks did not fare well in Friday's qualifications.

Dale Earnhardt Jr. was the last car to make it on speed and will start 36th after a lap at 185.935 mph. Michael Waltrip had to make the field based on his position in the standings and will start 38th after a lap at 185.877 mph.

"We'll be fine," Waltrip said. "When they start drafting on Sunday, we'll be part of the show. That's all you ask for. These cars just draft so well and run so well with a little bit of air stirring around. And I'd rather have that than being the star today."

The late Earnhardt drove for RCR and owned DEI, creating obvious connections between the teams. But Harvick said there is no more feeling to beating DEI than any other team on the track.

"I don't think there is a rivalry; it's not anything as far as sharing information and stuff going back and forth when Dale Earnhardt was alive," Harvick said. "But other than Chevrolet stuff, there is not much shared with the teams anymore.

Last year's race spawned the "green-white-checkered" finish rule after a yellow flag waved six laps from the finish and a television replay showed that Earnhardt Jr. passed Gordon for the lead after the yellow light was turned on.

When NASCAR officials ruled Gordon was the leader, fans showed their displeasure by hurling bottles and cans onto the track, causing the race to finish under yellow. A near riot ensued, with Gordon's victory spinout in front of the main grandstand interrupted by bottles and cans bouncing off his car.

That sort of reception would be just fine with Harvick.

"If we win the race, they can throw stuff at me, too," Harvick said. "I don't care I'll be the target of their frustrations. But last year's race came down to a lot, where the race ended under caution and a television camera determined who won the race. When the fans are up there in the grandstands after drinking 10 or 12 beers, they don't always see that. But they can throw stuff at me as long as I get to Victory Lane."
rozy
Cowboy

Post by rozy »

How the fuck was winning the pole a tribute to Earnhardt?

Good Lord have mercy Earnhardt fans are as mentally dense as he was.
John Boehner wrote:Boehner said. "In Congress, we have a red button, a green button and a yellow button, alright. Green means 'yes,' red means 'no,' and yellow means you're a chicken shit. And the last thing we need in the White House, in the oval office, behind that big desk, is some chicken who wants to push this yellow button.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

rozy, rozy, rozy...apparently you're dense as a black hole yourself.

If you don't get the signifigance of the #29 winning the pole at Talledega on April 29th, i'm afraid there's no help for you.

Besides, the article stated that Harvick paid tribute to #3 after winning the pole, not necessarily that winning the pole, in and of itself, was a tribute.

Dismissed. Go rack somebody.
rozy
Cowboy

Post by rozy »

Harvick pays tribute to Earnhardt with pole for Aaron's 499
Dismiss yourself, moron.

Unless of course you have a French definition of the English word WITH.

dumbass Earnhardt fans. The sport would benefit tremendously if the majority of you ignorant idiots would go watch curling or something and leave cognitive thought processes to those capable.

Junior would be SO much easier to cheer for if his fans would all swallow a bullet. :lol:
John Boehner wrote:Boehner said. "In Congress, we have a red button, a green button and a yellow button, alright. Green means 'yes,' red means 'no,' and yellow means you're a chicken shit. And the last thing we need in the White House, in the oval office, behind that big desk, is some chicken who wants to push this yellow button.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

rozy wrote:
Junior would be SO much easier to cheer for if his fans would all swallow a bullet. :lol:
Then again, if you cheered for Jr, taht'd make you a fan worthy of a bullet?

Btw, the topic wasn't about Jr.

Whatever, you're the hatah moron, and you're STILL dismissed.
trev
New Sheriff in Town

Post by trev »

My thoughts: (Without taking sides, of course. :lol: )
I need to be diplomatic here. :D

I LIKE Kevin Harvick. I like his style. His attitude. I know he gets on some bad sides. But given the obvious EGO he's showing so openly with this article, I can't help but wish for him to be taken out tomorrow at 'Dega. :lol:

hehe, I love Nascar.
jackass007
Elwood

Post by jackass007 »

it seems to me like AssHolevick is trying to latch on the gravy train name of Dale Earnhardt. You know, like calling his company KHI, I spit my Killians red all over the 53" when I heard him drop the "over at KHI" blast in one of his interviews.

Wanna tribute Dale SR. Win a race in Talladegga, or a championship, or maybe even make the top 10 for the race to the championship, then lets Tribute!
jackass007
Elwood

Post by jackass007 »

BTW Wags, they showed the pass Silverspoon made on Kenseth, and he was improving his position! Why is it anyone else does the same move, the get the Black Flag?
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

Harvick, Lil' E, Waltrip, it doesn't matter. They can all fit on the #3 bumper and still have room for more. Is there anybody who knew Dale Earnhardt Sr. who ISN'T gravytraining his name?
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
packwin13
Elwood

Post by packwin13 »

Great run for Team Petty today :( I'm used to losing, but Christ, at least let me watch a quarter of the race before disappointment sets in
rozy
Cowboy

Post by rozy »

Why the fuck are they doing their best to try and make Jr. at fault in the wreck? :? Holy fuck, Waltrip, SHUT UP. Wallace and Jimmie got together. Period. It happens. Jr. touched the 4 car AFTER the contact.

And they just said it again.

And again

And again

Good grief.

And if the bump WAS before the contact with Jimmie IT WAS IN the STRAIGHTAWAY. :lol:

What a bunch of maroons... :lol:

RACK Wallace for taking the high road in the interview
packwin13
Elwood

Post by packwin13 »

There's the biggie...took out a lot of good rides.

Edit...agree rozy...I love ripping Jr. whenever possible, but that wreck wasn't on him
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

:shock:

Was pretty sure everyone would be blaming that on Jr. I thought he caused it at first myself...until I saw the overhead replay, which clearly showed the #48 move waaay up the track and clip the #4 in the left front.

But yeah, it does sound like DW was/is quite eager to lay the blame on Jr if given the slightest justification.

Ohh, and rozy?

Go rack yourself! :)
rozy
Cowboy

Post by rozy »

Those replays both through Tony's rear window and from overhead get him a very well deserved RACK. Excellent driving by Tony. (I know, combined with a little bit of luck, but still)

Wags, I'm addicted to accuracy. :mrgreen:

That accident was ALL restrictor plate. There is no blame to place.
Waltrip seems to have let a little common sense sink back in and has backed way off now.
packwin13
Elwood

Post by packwin13 »

I thought so too WW..which is odd because DW normally has his mouth around the DEI pole, especially with Mikey running for them. Regardless, glad everybody is okay- and hopefully cool heads will prevail when the green is dropped again- would hate to see another biggie take out more cars
rozy
Cowboy

Post by rozy »

RACK Mikey for that move. But I think Gordo is just too strong. But what a move to take the lead. :lol:
rozy
Cowboy

Post by rozy »

:shock:

Green, white, checker. 2 laps to get up to speed. All easy for the Rainbow Fag now.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

:(

That was some exciting shit up until that point, though.

Rack them boys for going balls to the wall, Jeffy was just too tough today.
trev
New Sheriff in Town

Post by trev »

trev wrote: But given the obvious EGO he's (Havvick) showing so openly with this article, I can't help but wish for him to be taken out tomorrow at 'Dega. :lol:
Darn!
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

The thing about a Babs post is, just like a fart in a whirlwind, it's not likely to last long.
I hate sigs. But I lost a stupid fucking bet because a KC Paul lookalike and his sorry ass team were inferior to the greatness that is the Pittsburg Steelers.
rozy
Cowboy

Post by rozy »

War Wagon wrote:The thing about a Babs post is, just like a fart in a whirlwind, it's not likely to last long.
A fellow Nazi RACK!
Cueball
2010 JAFFL Czar

Post by Cueball »

War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

rozy wrote:
War Wagon wrote:The thing about a Babs post is, just like a fart in a whirlwind, it's not likely to last long.
A fellow Nazi RACK!
I really like knowing that Babs knows that she is wasting her time.

There's a way to go about being a whore for your team. I do it all the time. Bab's just always seem to go about it in the wrong way...which is squealing like a bitch.

Kinda' reminds me of why I don't like Gordon in Victory lane, 'cept he's getting easier to stomach as he matures, unlike his #1 cocksucking fan.
rozy
Cowboy

Post by rozy »

Shit troll alert, aisle 5.
Eddie Adams
Elwood

Post by Eddie Adams »

War Wagon wrote:
rozy wrote:
A fellow Nazi RACK!
I really like knowing that Babs knows that she is wasting her time.

There's a way to go about being a whore for your team. I do it all the time. Bab's just always seem to go about it in the wrong way...which is squealing like a bitch.
Oh, bull-fuck. You prefer the innuendo, veiled ballsuck method, rather than a poster who just flat out tells it like he sees.

Whatever floats your boat. Pretentious a-hole. :evil:
PrimeX
Koko B1

Post by PrimeX »

rozy wrote:Shit troll alert, aisle 5.
:lol:

Nice call- High five!
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Eddie Adams wrote:
You prefer the innuendo, veiled ballsuck method, rather than a poster who just flat out tells it like he sees.
You just openly admitted that you suck balls.

I agree.