Sooooo

It's the 19th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

missjo
I'm a Fucking Princess

Sooooo

Post by missjo »

Tomorrow I board My flight bound for Los Angeles Woot!!!
2 weeks of Partying, Shopping & a side trip to Disney
& hopefully Catching up with My old friends the Harsh Family while I'm there
I can't believe it's been almost 10 years since my first visit to the States & this will be my 3rd trip in the last 4 years
My shopping list is long & I will be doing my best to help stimulate the US economy
thank goodness Qantas allows me 2, 23kg suitcases & 8kg in hand luggage!!
You just can't fix stupid...trust me I've tried
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Re: Sooooo

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Did Wolfman die and come back as a ditzy Australian chick?
missjo
I'm a Fucking Princess

Post by missjo »

Not this time Chip, I couldn't be apart from James for any longer than 2 weeks lol
it's just a quick trip this time staying in LA with my best girlfriend & hanging out with all my American lesbigirlfriends ;)
the Harsh's are coming to LA while I'm here so we are trying to Co-ordinate a catchup
if anyone else is in LA the next 2 weeks I'd be happy to try & catch up, I'm staying in Marina Del Ray
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Aren't you a hairdresser or something like that? How does a cosmetologist manage to afford all your seemingly nonstop galavanting around the globe?
Joe Satriani is a mime, right? - 88

Show me your dicks. - trev
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Van wrote:How does a cosmetologist manage to afford all your seemingly nonstop galavanting around the globe?
missjo wrote:James
trev
New Sheriff in Town

Post by trev »

Some hairstylists make a lot of money. Missjo is a high end stylist working at a posh hotel, I believe.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

And isn't 'James' a tattoo artist or something?

Just doing tats and cutting hair allows people to show up on Robin Leach's radar? Shit, there are only about four million barely employed tat guys and hairdressers in California.

I guess living in Oz really must rule.
Joe Satriani is a mime, right? - 88

Show me your dicks. - trev
trev
New Sheriff in Town

Post by trev »

Probably not as much welfare in Oz either.
Derron
Eternal Scobode

Post by Derron »

missjo wrote: hanging out with all my American lesbigirlfriends ;)
Sounds like some carpet munching is on the agenda.
Derron
Screw_Michigan wrote: Democrats are the REAL racists.
Softball Bat wrote: Is your anus quivering?
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Post by Shlomart Ben Yisrael »

Van wrote:And isn't 'James' a tattoo artist or something?

Just doing tats and cutting hair allows people to show up on Robin Leach's radar? Shit, there are only about four million barely employed tat guys and hairdressers in California.

You're fairly chatty for a guy that just dropped vikes.

Guess there's a first time for everything.
rock rock to the planet rock ... don't stop
Felix wrote:you've become very bitter since you became jewish......
Kierland drop-kicking Wolftard wrote: Aren’t you part of the silent generation?
Why don’t you just STFU.
M2
2005 Cryin' Ryan Winner

Post by M2 »

Just doing tats and cutting hair allows people to show up on Robin Leach's radar?

A friend of mine from Minnesota makes around $200,000 a year and only works around 6 months a year.

Here's some of his work

http://www.myspace.com/skitch666/photos ... 9048560%7D
trev
New Sheriff in Town

Post by trev »

How much do you make selling your windchimes?
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Your friend is a douchebag.

Sorry you had to hear it from me.
Why don’t you just STFU.
trev
New Sheriff in Town

Post by trev »

Martyred wrote:Your friend is a douchebag.

Yes he is. Does he have anything original or does he just steal others' art like a douchbag.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

They aren't Americans, meaning they sock their earnings away for things like traveling and not big houses, cars, boats and other ego-driven purchases.
M2
2005 Cryin' Ryan Winner

Post by M2 »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:
They aren't Americans, meaning they sock their earnings away for things like traveling and not big houses, cars, boats and other ego-driven purchases.

At just over 22 million people...

Australia is the world's thirteenth largest economy and has the fifth highest per capita GDP at $66,984.

Which is much higher than that of the United States, United Kingdom, Germany, France, Canada, Japan, and New Zealand.

I don't think they have a problem buying big houses, cars, boats and other ego-driven purchases.
M2
2005 Cryin' Ryan Winner

Post by M2 »

trev wrote:How much do you make selling your windchimes?

Sorry, I'm not interested.
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

M2 wrote:

More stolen pics and less commentary, Milton.
Why don’t you just STFU.
trev
New Sheriff in Town

Post by trev »

M2 wrote:

You don't make enough for me. Plus you're a piss-ant.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

M2 wrote:

Australia is the world's thirteenth largest economy and has the fifth highest per capita GDP at $66,984.

Which is much higher than that of the United States, United Kingdom, Germany, France, Canada, Japan, and New Zealand.

I don't think they have a problem buying big houses, cars, boats and other ego-driven purchases.
missjo can correct me if I'm wrong, but I sincerely doubt there's a culture of obsessive materialism in Australia which rivals that of America. No, we are the clear #1 in that regard, and whoever's #2 is very, very distant.
missjo
I'm a Fucking Princess

Post by missjo »

Van wrote:Aren't you a hairdresser or something like that? How does a cosmetologist manage to afford all your seemingly nonstop galavanting around the globe?
Our house is paid off, my credit card balance is zero & I own my car outright
No Kids = No debt
I earn about $50,000 a year that's about $51,408 in USD ;)
I don't buy designer unless it's massively on sale, I don't smoke, rarely drink anymore & these days my idea of a big night out
is walking up King St to our favourite Vietnamese restaurant for dinner & if we're feeling splashy we'll have Gelato & hit the all night book store.

We don't replace anything unless it's irreparably broken, eg our TV is 18 years old but works fine so why upgrade to a LCD or plasma shelling our big bucks when for the amount of TV we watch our one does us fine.

So that's how I can afford my gallivanting ways these days! 8)
missjo
I'm a Fucking Princess

Post by missjo »

M2 wrote:

missjo can correct me if I'm wrong, but I sincerely doubt there's a culture of obsessive materialism in Australia which rivals that of America. No, we are the clear #1 in that regard, and whoever's #2 is very, very distant.
Oh it is there, amongst the younger generation Y (Whine) mostly
but not quite on the same scale as the US no
R-Jack
Non Sequitur Legend

Post by R-Jack »

trev wrote: Does he have anything original or does he just steal others' art like a douchbag.
He's drawing what his customers request. How does that equate to him stealing others art?
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

M2 wrote:

Sorry, but, people wanting stuff is universal. The difference is that in the US, the average shmuck has been able to do something about it for quite a long while.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

No.

Generally speaking, Europeans, for example, do not value big houses, cars, etc., the way Americans do. Generally, they don't put in the hours and work like we do, because they don't place as much value on acquiring these things. They're perfectly content to work shorter days, while having fewer luxuries.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

trev wrote:
Does he have anything original
he creates mazes on peoples faces.....does that count?

I'm almost sure when she hits 50 (assuming she makes it) she'll love it even more
get out, get out while there's still time
R-Jack
Non Sequitur Legend

Post by R-Jack »

Mazes? Pffffft.
I create maps on the faces of ladies like that. I'm a master at six or seven clustered islands and a lenghty peninsula.
Invictus
H.N.I.C.

Post by Invictus »

How can you come back to Cali and NOT go see the Conducts? Mark is heartbroken.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Jsc810 wrote:
M2 wrote:A friend of mine from Minnesota makes around $200,000 a year and only works around 6 months a year.
You are fortunate to have such a talented friend. You should get some of his epic work done on you, be sure to post the pics here so we all can see it.
Ask, and ye shall receive:

Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
trev
New Sheriff in Town

Post by trev »

Yes. Miss C must be in at least round 3 of weight loss surgery by now.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:Generally speaking, Europeans, for example, do not value big houses, cars, etc., the way Americans do.
What the fuck do you know about it? Have you ever even been there?
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Of course, you nitwit. I embarked on a massive ship and sailed the seven seas to find and study these mysterious, foreign lands, as there is literally no other way to learn about them in these times we live in.

Stop acting like this is anything other than common knowledge.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

You are totally full of shit. I've been there. I've worked there. You clearly haven't. Anyone who can afford the Benz or the Beemer drives one. Anyone who can afford the big house lives in one. It's no different there than it is here save that some in Europe are more comfortable with lower expectations.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Post by ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 »

KC Scott wrote:The culture varies from country to country but overall the Euros are far more concerned about their vacations and dinner than they are striving to achieve.
Don't forget about the siestas. I think it's actually somewhat common throughout Europe to nap during the afternoon (or was before the widespread economic crisis?)... but maybe some of you worldly fucks can correct me on this.

Lazy fucking Euros.
missjo
I'm a Fucking Princess

Post by missjo »

You my friend are a pokeaholic :p
Arrived in LAX at 9-10am this morning but it took an hour to get through the customs line arrgh
just kicking back with a Frangelico over ice on the couch after dinner, & tomorrow we start shopping!!
Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

Martyred wrote:Your friend is a douchebag.

Wouldn't it be a safe assumption that any "friend" of m2 is a douchebag?
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 wrote:
KC Scott wrote:The culture varies from country to country but overall the Euros are far more concerned about their vacations and dinner than they are striving to achieve.
Don't forget about the siestas. I think it's actually somewhat common throughout Europe to nap during the afternoon (or was before the widespread economic crisis?)... but maybe some of you worldly fucks can correct me on this.

Lazy fucking Euros.
Southern Euros do Siesta. Very popular in Spain and Italy. But, they do work until 8 PM or so.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

mvscal wrote:You are totally full of shit. I've been there. I've worked there. You clearly haven't. Anyone who can afford the Benz or the Beemer drives one. Anyone who can afford the big house lives in one. It's no different there than it is here save that some in Europe are more comfortable with lower expectations.
Rack.

Euros are "less materialistic" because they realize that most of these materials are out of their reach. Old money Euros have it. Everyone else lives somewhere between poor and lower middle class, by our standards. Really not much point in busting your ass when it is rewarded by ridiculously high income tax rates.

I will give them one thing. If you aspire to be dirt poor, it's a lot nicer to be so there than here.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

smackaholic wrote:
mvscal wrote:You are totally full of shit. I've been there. I've worked there. You clearly haven't. Anyone who can afford the Benz or the Beemer drives one. Anyone who can afford the big house lives in one. It's no different there than it is here save that some in Europe are more comfortable with lower expectations.
Rack.

Euros are "less materialistic" because they realize that most of these materials are out of their reach. Old money Euros have it. Everyone else lives somewhere between poor and lower middle class, by our standards. Really not much point in busting your ass when it is rewarded by ridiculously high income tax rates.

I will give them one thing. If you aspire to be dirt poor, it's a lot nicer to be so there than here.
Do they aspire to be poor, or do they have no other choice? Pick an argument and stick to it, idiot.

The cause and effect is irrelevant. Generally speaking, there is not a culture of materialism in Europe which rivals that of suburban America. Period, EOS.
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Actually, the culture in Europe is to not buy things with money they don't have (credit).

Wage disparity is also much less in Europe, hence a larger and healthier middle class. All this and social spending without most European states being net exporters.
Why don’t you just STFU.