Let the Peyton Manning sweepstakes begin

talking about who was arrested today

Moderators: Shoalzie, Biggie

War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Let the Peyton Manning sweepstakes begin

Post by War Wagon »

Word in KC is that the Chiefs will be going after him hard. Not sure if that's a good thing, I'd rather go after RG III. But then again, another washed up has been superstar QB once did pretty well here.

KC has the cap space, it might work. We shall see.
mvscal
Blank

Re: Let the Peyton Manning sweepstakes begin

Post by mvscal »

If he was anywhere near 100%, he'd still be a Colt. He's damaged goods. I could see some desperate and/or stupid organization (s'up, KC) signing him only to watch him flop around for a few games looking like Chad Pennington at his gimpiest, noodle armed worst before going on IR.

It's ovah.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

mvscal wrote:If he was anywhere near 100%, he'd still be a Colt. He's damaged goods.
Not necessarily. He might still be a Colt if they didn't have the #1 pick (s'up Andrew Luck) and they didn't owe him $28 mil if he stayed.

Any team that signs Peyton to a contract is going to have numerous clauses attached re: his ability to actually play at near or near 100%. Obviously, he won't be at that point any time soon, but many teams will be willing to take a chance.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

War Wagon wrote:
mvscal wrote:If he was anywhere near 100%, he'd still be a Colt. He's damaged goods.
Not necessarily.
Yes, necessarily. If he's at or near 100%, he is one of the top QBs in the league for the next four or five years easily not to mention one of the rare marquee players in the league who puts asses in seats.

You don't replace that with a maybe unless you are a total dumbfuck.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

mvscal wrote:If he was anywhere near 100%, he'd still be a Colt. He's damaged goods. I could see some desperate and/or stupid organization (s'up, KC) signing him only to watch him flop around for a few games looking like Chad Pennington at his gimpiest, noodle armed worst before going on IR.

It's ovah.

If the Colts weren't in a position to draft either Luck or RGIII, I contend he'd still be a Colt. This was Irsay's only out if he was ever going to get out of that contract. The fact the team was so awful and they have the chance to draft his heir...it forced his hand to start the rebuild and push Peyton out the door. Keeping Manning wasn't going to get them back into the playoffs so he might as well let Luck start from Day 1.

That being said, Peyton is probably one huge hit from retirement.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

mvscal wrote:I could see some desperate and/or stupid organization (s'up, Redskins?)
FTFY.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Hell, I'd take a flyer on him if I was a desperate and/or stupid organization. If he gets blown up, then just play the shitbag you were going to start anyway.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Problem for the Skins is it's an either/or situation. Either take RG3 or Manning but not both. Who'd you rather have?
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Robert Griffin Jr III. But I'm obviously referring to the teams with a shit QB that won't have a chance at drafting an RGIII.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:Robert Griffin Jr III. But I'm obviously referring to the teams with a shit QB that won't have a chance at drafting an RGIII.
Haven't been keeping up with his draft stock lately but I heard he tore shit up at the combine.

Top 5?
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Post by ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 »

I heard on ESPN today that Manning's camp already told one possible suitor to go fuck themselves. Sorry Skins fan.

:lol:

As far as where he lands... I can't possibly see Manning landing in KC. Why would the most highly sought after free agent in the history of the NFL want to sign with that shit franchise? :? Not to mention. KC isn't a dome/warm weather team, so they have zero fucking chance. My money is on Miami...
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 wrote:Why would the most highly sought after free agent in the history of the NFL want to sign with that shit franchise?
Is he really? I see only a handful of shit teams kicking the tires.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 wrote:I heard on ESPN today that Manning's camp already told one possible suitor to go fuck themselves. Sorry Skins fan.
Why would he tell the team who is going to inflate his contract the most to fuck off? :?
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

MVS -- Supposedly... 12 teams inquired on day one. Handful?

Sure.

Screw -- http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2 ... free-agent
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Hey, good news as a Skins fan.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 wrote:KC isn't a dome/warm weather team, so they have zero fucking chance.
brilliant analysis!

~Joe Montana
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

So it's your take that Montana was also known as a dome/warm weather guy? And that SF is known for its nice climate?

Continue... please.
Paul
Elwood

Post by Paul »

ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 wrote:As far as where he lands... I can't possibly see Manning landing in KC. Why would the most highly sought after free agent in the history of the NFL want to sign with that shit franchise? :? Not to mention. KC isn't a dome/warm weather team, so they have zero fucking chance. My money is on Miami...
:doh: :meds:

Let's see....arguably the best RB in the league to hand off to. A Top 10 WR/TE corp to throw to. A good veteran coaching staff to work with. A GM and owner that will do ANYTHING to help PM take this team where it wants to go. A beautiful newly renovated stadium and one of the most rabid fanbases in the league.

Yup...other than the Texans it's pretty clear that KC is the logical spot for PM to end his career. IF PM signs here the Chiefs will AT LEAST win the AFC West going away, and be a serious contender as one of the elite teams in the AFC to win the Super Bowl. Period.
dumbasscal wrote:If he was anywhere near 100%, he'd still be a Colt. He's damaged goods. I could see some desperate and/or stupid organization (s'up, KC) signing him only to watch him flop around for a few games looking like Chad Pennington at his gimpiest, noodle armed worst before going on IR.

It's ovah.
Like Wags said, drafting Luck and looking at paying a guy $28 mil that hasn't played a down in over a year was why the Colts released PM. Jim Irsay knew the Colts' current run was fucking OVER and it's time to blow up that roster and retool it for another run like the Manning era. BTW, PM's not a fucking idiot- if he was told there are significant risks to playing football again he would've shut it down last year.
Tiger Woods....ALLEGEDLY wrote:"Hey, it's, uh, it's Tiger. I need you to do me a huge favor. Um, can you please, uh, take your name off your phone. My wife went through my phone. And, uh, may be calling you. If you can, please take your name off that and, um, and what do you call it just have it as a number on the voice mail, just have it as your telephone number. That's it, OK. You gotta do this for me. Huge. Quickly. All right. Bye."
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

P.S. Montana was traded to the Chiefs, Wags. He didn't really have a say in ending up there, did he?
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

My "take" is that the Chiefs have just as much chance of landing this big free agent fish as any other team, climate be damned.
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Paul wrote:Yup...other than the Texans it's pretty clear that KC is the logical spot for PM to end his career.

If Shaub was healthy, the Texans probably go to the Super Bowl. And you think they're going to sign Manning?

You are clueless.
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

War Wagon wrote:My "take" is that the Chiefs have just as much chance of landing this big free agent fish as any other team, climate be damned.

So, you're backing off on your shit Montana take then? Good for you.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 wrote: So, you're backing off on your shit Montana take then?
not really.

Joe could've refused to play for the Chiefs, being as how they're such a shit franchise and all... wonder of wonders, he didn't.
R-Jack
Non Sequitur Legend

Post by R-Jack »

Good thing he did too. If Montana chose to spend the better part of two years hellbent on getting back onto the field, only to say "I gotta do it in KC? Fuck that. I'm out", that would've reached Charger throphy case levels of hilarity.
Paul
Elwood

Post by Paul »

ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 wrote:
Paul wrote:Yup...other than the Texans it's pretty clear that KC is the logical spot for PM to end his career.

If Shaub was healthy, the Texans probably go to the Super Bowl.
Yeah, well IF your aunt had a cock she would be your uncle.

Schaub's completed ONE full season as the Texans' starting QB since he got there in '07. They would be fucking stupid to not make a run at PM.
Tiger Woods....ALLEGEDLY wrote:"Hey, it's, uh, it's Tiger. I need you to do me a huge favor. Um, can you please, uh, take your name off your phone. My wife went through my phone. And, uh, may be calling you. If you can, please take your name off that and, um, and what do you call it just have it as a number on the voice mail, just have it as your telephone number. That's it, OK. You gotta do this for me. Huge. Quickly. All right. Bye."
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:Hell, I'd take a flyer on him if I was a desperate and/or stupid organization. If he gets blown up, then just play the shitbag you were going to start anyway.

Hell, if Stafford wasn't coming off a 5K passing season and getting the Leos back to the playoffs...LionFan would be kicking the tires.

To me, Frisco is his best option...a Super Bowl-caliber defense and he's got Gore, Davis and Crabtree and throws in his boy Wayne to the mix. The big factor would be if him and Jimmy Harbaugh would try to kill each other. Any other top contender is set at QB...this is really his best shot at a Super Bowl if he goes to the Niners.

The talk of Houston wanting him makes no sense...major slight at Schaub. They win a playoff round with a rookie...if they stay the course and they'll contend with Schaub.

Every other team being mentioned are teams in flux...either rebuilding or rebounding from a down year. Miami or Washington would be a cash grab...neither team is going to even make the playoffs, let alone the Super Bowl any time soon. Arizona is okay for an option...probably the best of the bad options.
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

War Wagon wrote:
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 wrote: So, you're backing off on your shit Montana take then?
not really.

Joe could've refused to play for the Chiefs, being as how they're such a shit franchise and all... wonder of wonders, he didn't.
So you're back to saying Montana was also a dome/warm weather QB and that SF is known for its nice climate? And that he chose to come to KC? Make up your mind, you complete and total failure.
R-Jack
Non Sequitur Legend

Post by R-Jack »

Paul wrote:
Schaub's completed ONE full season as the Texans' starting QB since he got there in '07. They would be fucking stupid to not make a run at PM.
Our OB can't stay on the field, so let's go after the guy who just got his neck fused.

Outstanding logic.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Shoalzie wrote:To me, Frisco is his best option...
Word on the street is Manning told the entire NFC to go fuck themselves.
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Paul wrote:Let's see....arguably the best RB in the league to hand off to.
No one in their right mind would say someone who's been in the league 4 years with exactly 19 starts to his credit is the best RB in the league, you FAT FUCKING RETARD. 4 years and 3,000 career yards and dude is the best running back in football?? Better than Rice? Better than Foster? Better than Peterson? Better than McCoy? Better than Jones-Drew?

Get fucked, PuffyCoat. He's not even Top 5. He may not even be Top 10. Either way, he hasn't proven himself yet. Best in the league?

You are easily confused. You lack judgement. You can't evaluate talent for shit. In other words, you're qualified to be an Assistant GM for your shit franchise. Die.
RJ
Elwood

Post by RJ »

Paul wrote:Let's see....arguably the best RB in the league to hand off to.
No one in their right mind would say someone who's been in the league 4 years with exactly 19 starts to his credit is the best RB in the league, you FAT FUCKING RETARD. 4 years and 3,000 career yards and dude is the best running back in football?? Better than Rice? Better than Foster? Better than Peterson? Better than McCoy? Better than Jones-Drew?

Get fucked, PuffyCoat. He's not even Top 5. He may not even be Top 10. Either way, he hasn't proven himself yet. Best in the league?

You are easily confused. You lack judgement. You can't evaluate talent for shit. In other words, you're qualified to be an Assistant GM for your shit franchise. Die.
:lol: :lol:

Exactly. Charles isnt even the best running back in his fucking division. Wags, per usual, is a weapons grade dumbfuck.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

When did I say anything about Jamal Charles?

Talk about easily confused...
RJ
Elwood

Post by RJ »

Maybe hitting enter a few times would've gotten the point across more clearly to you.

Since yourself and RuPaul Walker Lindh are both mental fucking cripples, lumping you two together is more than appropriate-assbeads of a feather and such. Your Montana/Peyton argument was already shot to shit by Ucant, so there really is no point in hammering the obvious point home yet again.

Now get back to those pallets, Cousin banger-they're not gonna fucking forklift themselves.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Paul wrote: Jim Irsay knew the Colts' current run was fucking OVER and it's time to blow up that roster and retool it
That's right. He knows that the Colts' current run is fucking OVER and it's time blow up the roster because Peyton Manning can't play anymore, you FAT, FUCKING RETARD. His neck isn't even the issue. The issue is his dead arm.

If Manning could still make all the throws, he'd be Colt. Luck wouldn't even enter into the conversation. You trade down if you can, build up the O line and the defense and think about drafting your QB of the future three or four years down the line.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 wrote:So you're back to saying Montana was also a dome/warm weather QB and that SF is known for its nice climate?
Said nothing of the sort, you chose to infer that for some inexplicable reason. Climate has nothing to do with it.
And that he chose to come to KC?
duh, so did Marcus Allen
Make up your mind, you complete and total failure.
Jeez, what a fucking grouch.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

KC Scott wrote:
mvscal wrote: If Manning could still make all the throws, he'd be Colt. Luck wouldn't even enter into the conversation. You trade down if you can, build up the O line and the defense and think about drafting your QB of the future three or four years down the line.
No you don't

Luck is being billed as the best pure QB since Elway -
So what? Manning is a first ballot hall of famer with four to five good years left assuming he's healthy (which he isn't). Luck is just a media cumshot.

If Manning was healthy, we wouldn't be having this conversation. Say the neck injury never happened and, for whatever reason, the Colts either have or can feasibly trade up to get the number one pick, are you seriously suggesting they would cut Manning?

Should New England be thinking about trading up to draft Luck? They probably have enough picks to do it.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

KC Scott wrote:Franchise QBs don't grow on trees -
Neither do first ballot hall of famers with plenty of good football left.
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

mvscal wrote:Neither do first ballot hall of famers with plenty of good football left.
Interesting take. Sorta conflicts with your first one in this thread though:
mvscal wrote:If he was anywhere near 100%, he'd still be a Colt. He's damaged goods. I could see some desperate and/or stupid organization (s'up, KC) signing him only to watch him flop around for a few games looking like Chad Pennington at his gimpiest, noodle armed worst before going on IR.

It's ovah.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

mvscal wrote:Neither do first ballot hall of famers with plenty of good football left.
Interesting take. Sorta conflicts with your first one in this thread though:

It's ovah.
No, it doesn't. It restates it. First ballot hall of fame QBs with plenty of good football left don't get traded and they don't get cut. In case you're still struggling, I'll help you out a little.

Healthy Peyton Manning = Top five QB for the next for or five years. That's a career for the average player and that is just by the numbers. It doesn't factor everything else that goes into being a marquee player (primetime matchups, ticket sales, jersey sales etc). Let's face it, he's the fucking Governor of Indiana if that's what he wants to do.

You don't cut a player like that until he's done. I realize that I'm crediting Jim Irsay with a baseline level of intelligence but all he has to do is consult family history. Johnny U was done and didn't know it, but it didn't take long to find out. Smart move by the Colts then.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

KC Scott wrote:
mvscal wrote: You don't cut a player like that until he's done.
You do if he's owed 28M -your over the salary cap
That's market for a player of his caliber and the Colts aren't over the cap. They have $20-25 million under the cap.

Manning's cap number this year would have been $17 million. The Colts are now going to be forced to carry $16 million in dead cap space. They saved a whopping $1 million dollars in cap room this year by releasing Manning (which is a smart thing to do if the guy can't play anymore).

One or two years? Guessafuckingain. If he's healthy he's got 4-5 years easily. Bert Farvray had the best year of his career at age 40. Elway was leading his team to back to back titles in his late thirties.