things scarier than Anthony Davis's unibrow

The Madness isn't confined to March here!

Moderators: the_ouskull, helmet, Shine

MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

things scarier than Anthony Davis's unibrow

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

I got nuthin'.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Re: things scarier than Anthony Davis's unibrow

Post by Shoalzie »

His tiny forehead?

Dude can ball though...
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

He needs to pencil in that stache with some eyeliner to balance out the dueling unibrows look.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Shoalzie wrote:His tiny forehead?

Dude can ball though...
what forehead?
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Shoalzie wrote:Dude can ball though...
No doubt. 28 points, 11 rebounds, 6 blocks today. Nasty. His offensive game is solid, but he's too unselfish most of the time. Not today.

Still think UK folds in the Elite 8 or so.
Shine
Leads all Lists

Post by Shine »

How about the fact that a cheating ass UK squad is on the verge of winning a national title. And the fact that the NCAA has shown they'll punish a school and take away a FF banner but turn a blind eye to revoking a title banner means Unibrow and his $200K paycheck are about to cut down the nets.
"Our staff is going to ensure that anyone who attends this University and wears the Indiana uniform will make this privilege among their highest priorities and not treat the opportunity as an entitlement,'' Crean said in a statement. "We fully expect our student-athletes to accept the responsibilities academically, athletically and socially that come with representing one of the top programs in college basketball history."
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

I hear ya, but UK won't win it. Cal can't coach his way out of a wet paper bag, and his young team will stumble in tourney play, as per usual.
Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:I hear ya, but UK won't win it. Cal can't coach his way out of a wet paper bag, and his young team will stumble in tourney play, as per usual.
^^^^^^^^^^
This. Toughest roadie Kentucky has played all year was at Vandy, and they shoulda been had. Fantastic athletes, but raw and inexperienced. Be interesting to see what a senior laden Saracuse team might do to them in the Tournament, much less a battle-tested, Tom Izzo led Sparty.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

If you are the 1974 Domer special teams coach, this Anthony Davis is prolly Scarier...

I think dude had about 67 kickoff returns for TD against the irish. I was a huge trojan fan as a little kid. Didn't matter that they were on the other coast. 9 year olds have been known to be shameless bandwagoning fukks.

Too bad he sucked shit through a straw as a pro. Probably just not big enough.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Truman wrote:
MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:I hear ya, but UK won't win it. Cal can't coach his way out of a wet paper bag, and his young team will stumble in tourney play, as per usual.
^^^^^^^^^^
This. Toughest roadie Kentucky has played all year was at Vandy, and they shoulda been had. Fantastic athletes, but raw and inexperienced. Be interesting to see what a senior laden Saracuse team might do to them in the Tournament, much less a battle-tested, Tom Izzo led Sparty.
They have freakish talent, and will probably get to the Final 4, but I wouldn't pull the trigger on them winning it all. Personally, I would rather play them than Syracuse or UNC. Syracuse, because MSU struggles against the zone, and UNC because those bastards seem to have their number.
Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

I've been an MSU bitterman ever since Scott Skiles and Sparty got "Allened" at the Kemper by a Jayhawk homer who happened to be operating the clock that day.

:brad:

Like your chances, Mgo. Three outta six Final Fours doesn't hurt either. Roy's greyhounds don't like to be pushed around ('sup Florida State), and if anybody is likely to batter the Orange zone, it's gonna be Sparty.

Big Tom Izzo fan. Like watching a Norm Stewart coached team, only with better players. Old school Missouri basketball, only you guys actually win.
Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

Kinda looking forward to mixing it up with those fuckers, Sammie.

'Bout all we got. The hardwood game matters to us just as much as that gridiron stuff does here in these parts. Damn, I'm gonna miss playin' our old Big 8 rivals come roundball season next winter....
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

Truman wrote:Damn, I'm gonna miss playin' our old Big 8 rivals come roundball season next winter....
the first hit was the divisional set up of the Big XII. at least for OU and OSU. no more home-homes with MU, KU etc. maybe you lose at Hearnes, you knew MU had to come to your place for the rematch. even as bad as OU was in football in the mid 90's, losing the total conference round robin stung a lot more with the onset of the XII and North/South.**

but, to see it all go with MU is sad. CU and NU, less so...but some.

good luck moving forward Tigers. I'd pull for you guys but Vandy is my SEC team. :oops:

**pretty interesting to see how the North (Big 8) has really stepped up in hoops and the South is WAY down. OSU, sucks. UT, eh. ATM sucks, OU really sucks.....after a decade of great South hoops. even Colorado is respectable in the North. ISU, KU, MU, KSU all good teams.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

Thought of you the other day, KC, when i read this one in the Sunday paper. Good Old School read:

http://www.kansascity.com/2012/03/03/34 ... eight.html
The whole thing was a misunderstanding, Billy Tubbs said, the night he described Norm Stewart as “Francis the Talking Horse.”

See, Tubbs had confused celebrity four-legged species from the 1950s and 1960s.

“I got Francis the Talking Mule mixed up with Mr. Ed, the talking horse,” Tubbs said. “I meant to say mule, because a mule is a cross between a horse and a jackass. A mule is worse than a jackass.”
Christmas in the Heartland. Four straight days of the best conference tornament in the country. Yeah, it sucks that the Sooners and Pokes are down this year... Helluva lot more fun when EVERYBODY is good. Still, a potential semi-finals double-header Friday night featuring match-ups between KU-K-State and Mizzou-Iowa State oughtta stir enough fan-passion to shatter the glass façades of Sprint Center.

Shoulda played this sucker at the Kemper this year, just for old time's sake...
Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

King Crimson wrote:**pretty interesting to see how the North (Big 8) has really stepped up in hoops and the South is WAY down. OSU, sucks. UT, eh. ATM sucks, OU really sucks.....after a decade of great South hoops. even Colorado is respectable in the North. ISU, KU, MU, KSU all good teams.
Not so fast KC...

Baylor finally played like Baylor yesterday... They could've beaten anybody in the country. And if Texas continues its desperate push to the Tournament, we could actually see an all-South final tomorrow night.

Not that I think it will happen. KU will have their hands full with the Bears tonight - the question pondered in these parts is whether KU is even interested enough to participate in this tournament. But I'm of the thought that Baylor may have a bit of payback in mind that should have the Hawk's attention, and they better bring their A game if they do indeed wish to advance.

Missouri was simply marvelous last night. Should their play continue, the Horns are gonna need a near-perfect game just to stay close to the Tigers. Can't see it. All Mizzou has done at the Sprint Center this year is stuff baskets and blow out the three opponents they've played by an average of 29 points per game.