Clear Channel gets out of the concert biz

RIP scritti.

Moderator: scritti

scritti
The Internationalist

Clear Channel gets out of the concert biz

Post by scritti »

from insideradio.com
Clear Channel springs several major surprises this morning – it’s completely spinning off its live entertainment division, and doing an IPO for 10% of Clear Channel Outdoor.
The spin of live entertainment promoter CCE means it won’t be subject to the kind of heavy regulation it lives with now as part of Clear Channel Communications, and can operate more nimbly. CC has more surprises for Wall Street – a $3.00 per share special dividend and a 50% increase in its regular quarterly dividend. Mark Mays says the strategic moves should “unlock the considerable value of our company” and let the market fairly value each of its divisions
translation:higher ticket costs
Guess what-I got a FEVAH...and the only prescription is MORE COWBELL
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Re: Clear Channel gets out of the concert biz

Post by BSmack »

scritti wrote:from insideradio.com
Clear Channel springs several major surprises this morning – it’s completely spinning off its live entertainment division, and doing an IPO for 10% of Clear Channel Outdoor.
The spin of live entertainment promoter CCE means it won’t be subject to the kind of heavy regulation it lives with now as part of Clear Channel Communications, and can operate more nimbly. CC has more surprises for Wall Street – a $3.00 per share special dividend and a 50% increase in its regular quarterly dividend. Mark Mays says the strategic moves should “unlock the considerable value of our company” and let the market fairly value each of its divisions
Translation: I still won't be going to large concerts.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

if Clear Channel was involved, chances are I'd have little interest. I ain't a clear channel demographic. sux for Tim McGraw fan.
why is my neighborhood on fire
Roofer
Elwood

Post by Roofer »

The only way I can see this as having an impact to ticket prices is that it reduces (back to nill) the amount of competition Ticketbastard has. I sought Audioslave tickets a few weeks back, and the pre-sale was being handled by Clear Channel. After waiting 9 minutes in queue, only to end up with the notification that "no tickets matched your request....please try again", I came to the conclussion that CC was nothing more than TM without the reputation/history.

Honestly I can't see this meaning jack shit in the grand scheme of things.
The Assassin
Raider Fan

Post by The Assassin »

scritti wrote:from insideradio.com

Clear channel is a rip off typical corporate machine.

signed,

Ticketmaster
Al Davis=Fidel Castro
Funkywhiteboy
Wiseass

Post by Funkywhiteboy »

scritti wrote:
It doesn't sound to me that CC's getting out of the biz.
Spinning off the concert division is simply a clever way of making the new company
seem "independent".
I wouldn't be surprised to see a lot of the same names on the boards of both. :roll:
“If you look at folks of color, even women, they’re more
successful in the Democratic Party than they are in the white, uh,
excuse me, in the Republican Party.” (NPR Interview Of Howard Dean

<http://www.breitbart.tv/html/153493.html> , 8/15/08)
scritti
The Internationalist

Post by scritti »

anything is possible,it was all about "synergy"(insert Jem resets here) between the CCE, the billboards and the stations. what happened was that CC became the big elephant in the room the music biz didn't want to notice.

CCE decided to go back to the names of regional promoters and what sealed the deal was last year when everyone said FU to their prices for their concerts.
Guess what-I got a FEVAH...and the only prescription is MORE COWBELL