So who was it that "backed out" on LSU in 2012?

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

So who was it that "backed out" on LSU in 2012?

Post by SoCalTrjn »

Isn't "so and so backed out on us" the usual alibi for cowardly scheduling?

their schedule has 8 home games vs the likes of North Texas, Idaho and Townson. Their 4th OOC game is Washington also in Baton Rogue.

BCS scheduling at its finest
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Re: So who was it that "backed out" on LSU in 2012?

Post by Van »

SoCalTrjn wrote:BCS scheduling at its finest
Oh, just keep your eyes peeled. Quite a few teams will have worse OOC schedules.
Joe Satriani is a mime, right? - 88

Show me your dicks. - trev
Laxplayer
President of the USC hater club
Location: On the golf course because......well, I'm the golf coach.

Post by Laxplayer »

Oh, just keep your eyes peeled. Quite a few teams will have worse OOC schedules.
Sincerely,
Everyone that has Cal on their OOC schedule
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

I have never even heard of Townson? Are they an NAIA school?
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Van wrote:
SoCalTrjn wrote:BCS scheduling at its finest
In fact, here's one, also courtesy of...

Jackson St
Troy
South Alabama
Middle Tennessee

Seriously, they're not even trying down there in Starkville.
Last edited by Van on Sat Dec 24, 2011 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

SoCalTrjn wrote:I have never even heard of Townson? Are they an NAIA school?
That would be your Towson Tigers, not Townson. They're in the FCS's Colonial Athletic Association.

Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

And only D1 teams. I don't care if they are local, LSU has no business playing FCS teams.

SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

Van wrote:
SoCalTrjn wrote:I have never even heard of Townson? Are they an NAIA school?
That would be your Towson Tigers, not Townson. They're in the FCS's Colonial Athletic Association.
and they went 1-10 in the FCS division
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

Sudden Sam wrote:
Van wrote: Troy
South Alabama

Seriously, they're not even trying down there in Starkville.
HEY! Do not...I repeat...DO NOT make fun of my schools! I went to both of those fine universities.

The Jaguars will be a major D1 power within....ummmmm....50 years. :grin:
Van wrote:And only D1 teams. I don't care if they are local, LSU has no business playing FCS teams.
No doubt the Tigers are damn tired after the schedule they played this year. And after the ass-whuppin' they'll be getting January 9, they'll need a break.
Why are you a fan of a school that you didn't go to? Couldn't take the ego hit that comes with cheering for your schools team if your school isn't any good?
Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

Guess we've got some learnin' to do to keep up with this bunch. BTW, Van, you might want to mix in a new map.

Wonder if we can drop the back-half of our home-and-home with Arizona State and pick up the University of Pheonix? Bad enough we've got "Goergia" ('sup M2) scheduled for Week Two.

Note to Sammie: Rumor has it we're about to embark on our historic new rivalry sometime in 2012. Venue TBD. All KINDS of bad blood sure to play out with the Bammers shutting us out the West and our natural, geographic rivals. :P

This SEC stuff might just be fun! :grin:
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

Sudden Sam wrote:
SoCalTrjn wrote: Why are you a fan of a school that you didn't go to?
I'm also a Cleveland Indians fan, yet never played an inning at 1st base for them.

I've been a University of Alabama fan since I was about 11.

I was accepted there, but decided to go home to Mobile and to school at USA.

I spent more time in Tuscaloosa in the '70s than did a lot of Tide students. :grin:

Tru, you're gonna love it. But Bama and Mizzou won't be seeing each other very often unless they eventually do some realigning of the divisions.

You lived in the town and got accepted by the school and that is your justification for being a front runner who is cheering for a school other than one you went to because it is better than either of the schools you went to. Why not just say that you're a front runner who wants to cheer for a good program instead of the program of the school you attended?
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Sam wrote:I spent more time in Tuscaloosa in the '70s than did a lot of Tide students.
And some of it was even by choice...

Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

Sudden Sam wrote:Tru, you're gonna love it. But Bama and Mizzou won't be seeing each other very often unless they eventually do some realigning of the divisions.
‘Bout once every six years, Sammy, ‘less Georgia, Florida, and Tennessee all have bus trouble getting to Atlanta.

You all need a map? Just keep drivin’ north ‘til the cotton plays out and you’ll most-likely find us… :grin:
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

Sudden Sam wrote:
SoCalTrjn wrote: You lived in the town and got accepted by the school and that is your justification for being a front runner who is cheering for a school other than one you went to because it is better than either of the schools you went to. Why not just say that you're a front runner who wants to cheer for a good program instead of the program of the school you attended?
WTF are you talking about?! You aren't really this stupid, are you? I mean you have that USC education and all...

Frontrunner? I was an Alabama fan thru the lean years as well as the good years. I suffered thru Ray Perkins, Mike DuBose, and Mike Shula. When Troy was winning national championships and regulary atop their conference, I was an Alabama fan.
even as bad as they were in those years were they still not better than the programs at the schools you attended?
Sudden Sam wrote:Never been a big Troy fan. I like to see them do well, but it doesn't really mean shit to me. I'm really proud of USA's athletic programs. Big baseball fan and I'm glad as hell to see them cranking up a good football program. The coach is an ex-Bama wide receiver, so that helps!

Let me 'splain something to you, Lucy. There are more Alabama and Auburn fans at Troy than Troy fans, I'd bet. There are students at UAB and Alabama State who are more rabid Auburn and Alabama fans than they are Blazer and Hornet fans. That's how it is here.

I've been an Alabama fan basically my entire life. If I'd gone to USC, I'd still be an Alabama fan.
All that proves is that frontrunnerism is standard in that state and that Bubba's would rather cheer for the red sea than whatever school it is that they may attend.

You're akin than one of those Mexicans who lives, works, was schooled and benefited from all the things the United States has provided but will root for Mexico in anything they do vs the USA. Not saying that there is anything wrong with turning your back on what made you who you are in order to cheer for something you longed to be as a kid, just wondering why you wont admit to it.
Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

Toejam is stupid.

- Marcus Allen
USC alum
Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

Jsc810 wrote:SoCalTrjn you are a stupid pathetic fuck. Football in the south is not something that you would begin to understand. In good years and bad, people here support their team. Unlike USC. Go fuck yourself, and keep away from all youth sports, including your own kids.
Uhh, that's not just true in the south. It's pretty much true everywhere, but there are always a few frontrunners like Toejam in every fanbase who disappear when their teams are struggling....like last season for USC...and magically reappear when things are going well....like this season. Oh, and they also like to accuse fans of other teams of being frontrunners. :lol: Toejam is a douchebag, plain and simple...with special emphasis on the simple.
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

Jsc810 wrote:SoCalTrjn you are a stupid pathetic fuck. Football in the south is not something that you would begin to understand. In good years and bad, people here support their team. Unlike USC. Go fuck yourself, and keep away from all youth sports, including your own kids.
So in the south, people are so desperate to vicariously attach themselves to a winner, it just doesnt matter if they have any tie to the school or not, if the school wins, then that's "their" school/team. Even if they went to a school that was a rival of that "winning" school.
Got it.
So did you go to Tulane but since they suck balls you're an LSU fan?
M2
2005 Cryin' Ryan Winner

Post by M2 »

SoCalTrjn wrote: Got it.
So did you go to Tulane but since they suck balls you're an LSU fan?

Its been well documented that Jsc can't name 3 players on the LSU roster.

I think... it's even less for his other 43 favorite teams.
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

This post was made by Papa Willie who is currently on your ignore list. Display this post.
Never bother to display them
I bet it says something about going and fucking children or that everyone in California is gay. 1 trick pony that should have been made in to glue years ago.
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

Just curious about what motivation one has in cheering for a school that they did not attend, especially if the school they attend is an opponent of the school they are cheering for. Why are you getting so defensive? Questioning the motives yourself, maybe for the first time?
socal
Prepare to qualify!

Post by socal »

SoCalTrjn wrote:All that proves is that frontrunnerism is standard in that state and that Bubba's would rather cheer for the red sea than whatever school it is that they may attend.

You're akin than one of those Mexicans who lives, works, was schooled and benefited from all the things the United States has provided but will root for Mexico in anything they do vs the USA. Not saying that there is anything wrong with turning your back on what made you who you are in order to cheer for something you longed to be as a kid, just wondering why you wont admit to it.
"Frontrunnerism"
Wave your Trojan swag proudly
Next to your degree*

*Saddleback College
Behind the Orange Curtain
A.A. in Grammah
Van wrote:Kumbaya, asshats.
R-Jack wrote:
Atomic Punk wrote:So why did you post it?
Yes, that just happened.