Xmas Presents

It's the 19th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Mace
Eternal Scobode

Re: Xmas Presents

Post by Mace »

I got some nice pullover and jacket with our high school athletic logo, movie, and the normal socks/undies stuff. The best gift of all was spending time with my family and my 88 year old dad who has bladder cancer. No way to know how many more holidays he'll be around, so we're enjoying them while he's here.
Smackie Chan
Eternal Scobode

Post by Smackie Chan »

Bose Companion 20 multimedia speakers for my MacBook. They sound awesome.
"They say that I have no hits and that I’m difficult to work with. And they say that like it’s a bad thing!”

Tom Waits
Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Post by Left Seater »

The wife and I don't give each other much in the way of Christmas gifts. Gift cards don't do it for either of us and when we need stuff we just go buy it.

So what we end up doing is finding ways for each other to get involved in the community via charities. This year she set me up in a program that puts pilots in third and fourth grade classrooms to encourage science and math exploration among students. The cool thing about the program is it isn't just one classroom visit and off the pilot goes to never be seen again. Instead I will make visits at least twice a month and there will be on going "project" that the kids will have to work on over the course of the year.

I also go out and spend time with my dad at his headstone each Christmas afternoon. Do a little housekeeping if any is necessary and just chat.

As for traditional gifts we did go out and purchase new ski boots for our upcoming trip to Vail and Heavenly. We didn't wrap them up or call them gifts really because we would have purchased them anyway.
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

Slim Fast??? :lol:

My God, Sam, she must love you....since she didn't kill you.
trev
New Sheriff in Town

Post by trev »

Sam, your wife has hairy arms. But the big boobs must make up for it. :wink:
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Left Seater wrote:So what we end up doing is finding ways for each other to get involved in the community via charities. This year she set me up in a program that puts pilots in third and fourth grade classrooms to encourage science and math exploration among students. The cool thing about the program is it isn't just one classroom visit and off the pilot goes to never be seen again. Instead I will make visits at least twice a month and there will be on going "project" that the kids will have to work on over the course of the year.
I'm surprised your charity work isn't disenfranchising poor minorities from voting.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Poor minorities don't do anything for themselves? :?
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Post by Left Seater »

Screw_Michigan wrote:
Left Seater wrote:So what we end up doing is finding ways for each other to get involved in the community via charities. This year she set me up in a program that puts pilots in third and fourth grade classrooms to encourage science and math exploration among students. The cool thing about the program is it isn't just one classroom visit and off the pilot goes to never be seen again. Instead I will make visits at least twice a month and there will be on going "project" that the kids will have to work on over the course of the year.
I'm surprised your charity work isn't disenfranchising poor minorities from voting.

If we help educate youngsters there is less likelihood they become poor adults. Poverty knows all races, and it sucks kids are often used as pawns in games their parents play.

That said we should not be educating children of illegal immigrants. However I don't have the time or the resources to determine who is each class is here because of their law breaking parents.
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
Derron
Eternal Scobode

Post by Derron »

Screw_Michigan wrote:
Why don't you tell us what your charitable work is (if any) jizz mopper ? and stop cracking on those who do.
Derron
Screw_Michigan wrote: Democrats are the REAL racists.
Softball Bat wrote: Is your anus quivering?
Sirfindafold
Shit Thread Alert

Post by Sirfindafold »

Derron
Eternal Scobode

Post by Derron »

Left Seater wrote: This year she set me up in a program that puts pilots in third and fourth grade classrooms to encourage science and math exploration among students. The cool thing about the program is it isn't just one classroom visit and off the pilot goes to never be seen again. Instead I will make visits at least twice a month and there will be on going "project" that the kids will have to work on over the course of the year.
These are the types of programs that can impact / imprint a young person at the right time. If Left Seater comes to the classroom and is able to impress one youngster that science and math are cool and needed to be a pilot or other math / science pursuit, then the program is a success.

I grew up in aviation household and was flying with my dad from the age of 3 years up. That helped my interest in science, and I took every elective science class in junior and senior high school.I choose agricultural engineering as a career path and all that helped out a lot.

Rack LS for helping out.
Derron
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Derron wrote:Why don't you tell us what your charitable work is (if any) jizz mopper ? and stop cracking on those who do.
I raise money for St. Jude's Children's Hospital (my cousin died there in 89) and when I lived in the Midwest, I used to help my uncle run his mini-golf fundraising event. When I lived in Indiana, I used to tutor these two kids twice a week at an elementary school in Elkhart.

I also lay the pipe to your wife on a weekly basis as she's been turned off by your brain swimming in your colostomy bag. She tells me everything.

I've volunteered for various endeavors in the Washington area since I've moved here, but I have yet to find one that was a good enough fit to consistently reserve time out of my busy schedule to commit to. Hopefully soon I will find one.
Derron
Eternal Scobode

Post by Derron »

Screw_Michigan wrote:
I raise money for St. Jude's Children's Hospital (my cousin died there in 89) and when I lived in the Midwest, I used to help my uncle run his mini-golf fundraising event. When I lived in Indiana, I used to tutor these two kids twice a week at an elementary school in Elkhart.
Ok..rack you for that
I also lay the pipe to your wife on a weekly basis as she's been turned off by your brain swimming in your colostomy bag. She tells me everything.
Doubtful she would go for a limp dick government tit sucking jizz mopper, I can still handle her carnal needs just fine.
I've volunteered for various endeavors in the Washington area since I've moved here, but I have yet to find one that was a good enough fit to consistently reserve time out of my busy schedule to commit to. Hopefully soon I will find one.
There are always a lot of choices to choose from. Here is one that may have needs in the DC area.

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/get-involved.aspx

Derron
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

Since the kids are grown up (physically anyway) there isn't so much gift giving because we have most of the stuff we really need. It's impossible to shop for clothes for either my wife or daughter. For the kids I did the most thoughtful thing I could (besides paying all their college expenses) and put some money in their bank accounts with instructions to buy something they want. Gave the wife a new Kindle with a cover that has a pop-up LED that runs on the Kindle's battery.

Took everybody out for an expensive dinner in Christmas Eve, and we are going to San Francisco for four days over the New Year's weekend. Got rooms in a nice hotel and tickets to see Tedeschi-Trucks at the Warfield Theater on 12/31. I consider it a Christmas present.

I got some Le Crueset cookware and a couple of nice shirts, and a three day weekend.
Derron
Eternal Scobode

Post by Derron »

Another good cause

http://www.uso.org/

Derron
Derron
Eternal Scobode

Post by Derron »

Sudden Sam wrote:
Mikey wrote: I got some Le Crueset cookware and a couple of nice shirts, and a three day weekend.
But no shovel?
He is from California..they hire people (i.e. illegal aliens) to shovel up their dog shit. No need for a shovel.
Derron
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Sudden Sam wrote:
Mikey wrote: I got some Le Crueset cookware and a couple of nice shirts, and a three day weekend.
But no shovel?
Got no dogs, dawg.

And if I ever see our next door neighbor's yappy little bitch on the street I well gladly run it over.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Duhrron, WWP is one I have actually thought of working with. A friend of mine is a vet and he does a lot of work with them and GWU Student Vets. I will have to look more into WWP.
socal
Prepare to qualify!

Post by socal »

Barnes & Noble Nook
Simple Touch not the color
No bells and whistles
Van wrote:Kumbaya, asshats.
R-Jack wrote:
Atomic Punk wrote:So why did you post it?
Yes, that just happened.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

threads such as this one, the annual KC $cott conspicuous consumption exhibit, should die.

I'm surprised you haven't posted pics yet though I'm sure you have them queued up. What is it this year, a snowmobile that doubles as a golf cart?
socal
Prepare to qualify!

Post by socal »

KC Scott wrote:Socal does Haiku
another thread soon dies
please stop the haiku
At fifty haiku
Sig bet will paid in full
Now go fuck yourself
Van wrote:Kumbaya, asshats.
R-Jack wrote:
Atomic Punk wrote:So why did you post it?
Yes, that just happened.
Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

War Wagon wrote:threads such as this one, the annual KC $cott conspicuous consumption exhibit, should die.

I'm surprised you haven't posted pics yet though I'm sure you have them queued up. What is it this year, a snowmobile that doubles as a golf cart?
Lump of coal again this year, Wags?
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

I got this...

Wifey got this...

Directv will be getting a call in a week. I'll either be cancelling or substantially reducing my service level. I'm leaning towards cancelling.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Mace wrote:Lump of coal again this year, Wags?
a powder blue Royals T-shirt from the mother-in-law instead of the usual socks and underwear, which was nice.
Derron
Eternal Scobode

Post by Derron »

Mace wrote:
War Wagon wrote:threads such as this one, the annual KC $cott conspicuous consumption exhibit, should die.

Lump of coal again this year, Wags?
He got no Christmas pussy like you Mace.
Derron
Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

Derron wrote:He got no Christmas pussy like you Mace.
:lol: I can't speak for Wags, Derron, but you're spot on for me.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

BSmack wrote:Image
What the fuck is that?
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

KC Scott wrote: You know Wags, as I've grown older, I come to realize that holidays like Christmas are not about "things"
translation: I've run out of things to buy myself.
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Post by Shlomart Ben Yisrael »

Wags, Scott is just filled with the spirit of the holidays.

It's not like Scott is waiting for everyone to expend their list of gifts they've received, only to swoop in on page 3 and post something horribly overpriced and out of reach of most of our budgets, just to rub it in everyone's face.

Why would you even think that? That's horrible.
rock rock to the planet rock ... don't stop
Felix wrote:you've become very bitter since you became jewish......
Kierland drop-kicking Wolftard wrote: Aren’t you part of the silent generation?
Why don’t you just STFU.
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Post by Shlomart Ben Yisrael »

rock rock to the planet rock ... don't stop
Felix wrote:you've become very bitter since you became jewish......
Kierland drop-kicking Wolftard wrote: Aren’t you part of the silent generation?
Why don’t you just STFU.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

I got a Lexus

An engraved bottly of Johnny Walker Blue

And a Fabbri
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Wait -- Screwed not onlylives almost-in-DC, but he doesn't know what a Kindle is?

Do they have running water in DC yet?
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

BTW -- I got a sixer of cheap beer, a bag of BBQ chips (good U&L ones), and some extremely empty gonads. That pretty well covers it.

True story.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Dinsdale wrote:Wait -- Screwed not onlylives almost-in-DC, but he doesn't know what a Kindle is?
Thank you, counselor. I was in a hurry.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Meaning?
Joe Satriani is a mime, right? - 88

Show me your dicks. - trev
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

I know what a Kindle is. I don't know what the correctly-pictured photo is.
The Whistle Is Screaming
Left-handed monkey wrench

Post by The Whistle Is Screaming »

I'll take the bottle of Blue.

BTW Nook Tablet > Kindle Fire
Ingse Bodil wrote:rich jews aren't the same as real jews, though, right?
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Post by Diego in Seattle »

Derron & SM;
WWP is a great organization. Another one you might consider hooking up with is Fisher House.
“Left Seater” wrote:So charges are around the corner?
9/27/22
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Post by ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 »

Screw_Michigan wrote:I know what a Kindle is. I don't know what the correctly-pictured photo is.
The picture tells you what it is right on the side of the thing = Roku 2 XS. Open your eyes.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 wrote:
Screw_Michigan wrote:I know what a Kindle is. I don't know what the correctly-pictured photo is.
The picture tells you what it is right on the side of the thing = Roku 2 XS. Open your eyes.
Ding!
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown