Let the mocking begin, but the Clips have a nice

The Pro Hoopstahs

Moderator: Moorese

The Seer
Just the Facts

Let the mocking begin, but the Clips have a nice

Post by The Seer »

roster that just kicked lakerass in a sellout exhibition...

Chauncey Billups
Chris Paul
Caron Butler
Blake Griffin

not a bad starting 4 if Billups can hold up.
What happens when you get the multi-billion dollar corporations - Big Tech, Big Pharma, foreign money, etc., able to form collaboration with politicians susceptible to corruption via payouts and power with the media which controls the messaging to the population of the country?
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Re: Let the mocking begin, but the Clips have a nice

Post by Dinsdale »

Agreed.

BUT... it's the Slips. Something will happen.

Griffen wil get kidnapped by North Korea, or Butler will get hit by a meteor, or Chris Paul will have a coronary during one of his whining fits...

It's the Clippers.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan
Baby Bitch

Post by MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan »

This might be my 2nd favorite team. Chauncey couldn't bring me to cheer for the Knicks, but the Clippers are a different story. Nothing bad to say about Griffin or CP3, and it's hard not to pull for a perennial underdog. If they still had Camby, it'd be perfect...
"Keys, woman!"
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

If Chauncy keeps hoisting it every time he touches it like he has been so far, it could be a disappointing season for the Slippers.

Change his name from Mr. Big Shot to Mr. Bad Shot... jeebeez.

BTW, Camby was a little too busy getting 13 boards, 6 dimes, and 2 blocks for a certain other Westrn Conference team to be bothered with the Clips.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan
Baby Bitch

Post by MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan »

Well, he is playing shooting guard now. And yeah, that's a nice line for Camby. He's a beast on defense. Pissed me off when the Nuggets traded him. I have a sweet Camby jersey that my buddy got me for Xmas a couple years back sitting in my closet collecting dust. It's the dark blue alternate jersey and it's a legit replica with the sewn-on name and numbers, not the iron-on shit.

I actually have four Nuggets jerseys of three different players and none of them play for the team anymore. I have one from Chauncey's first stint with them back in the late '90s, an away jersey from his first year back when he wore #7, a home Melo jersey and the aforementioned Camby one. I was tempted to get a Birdman jersey when I was back home earlier this month, but I opted for a CU hoops jersey instead. At least I know Andre Roberson won't get traded... :x
"Keys, woman!"