I thought Al Davis died last week

talking about who was arrested today

Moderators: Shoalzie, Biggie

Raydah James
Eternal Scobode

Re: I thought Al Davis died last week

Post by Raydah James »

trev wrote:Actually RJ has a stylin' haircut these days and looks pretty darn hot.

But love that the games have begun.

Unfair....you have photographical evidence. Lets roll with the "crop circle" smack and see where it takes us.... :grin:
Kansas City Kid
BANNED FAT RETARD

Post by Kansas City Kid »

Do the Raiders actually even have those draft picks to trade? :lol:
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Post by ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 »

Raydah James wrote:Unfair....you have photographical evidence.
You send pictures of yourself to a dumpster cunt who bathes in Bukoff? Wow... are you desperate.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

James wrote:Carson is starting this week vs. the Chefs
That sound you hear coming from the midwest is Grief fan's (well, those few who haven't gone all submissive and given up after 5 games) asshole puckering.

Guess they'll dumb the playbook down for him and let 'er rip.

Palmer with a dumbed down playbook... or Kyle Boller?

Tough call.

How does it feel, Grief fan, to know that you're basically being used as a scrimmage for Carson?
Our 5th preseason game ---> to get him back in the flow of playing again.

bwaaa...
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

poptart wrote: How does it feel, Grief fan, to know that you're basically being used as a scrimmage for Carson?
Seriously? What happened to this take?
Btw, the Chief game will be another knock-down drag-out battle chapter in this storied rivalry, imo.
Bi-polar much?

I tend to think you'd be better off with Boller this week and let Palmer get some more practice time reps, learn the play-book, etc. and start him after your bye week.

Because Sunday at the mausoleum will be anything but a scrimmage. You had it right the first time.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

I'm just giving Grief fan a little shot Wagon.

And mostly a shot at OTHERS, and not you ---> because you actually take the game to heart.
I respect where you're coming from.

I DO think this is a close 3 pt game.

ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 wrote:
poptart wrote:First off, it's a great deal for the Bengals - as Van noted in the other thread.
That means it a very bad deal for the Raiders, right?

Well, it might be.

Might be? Dude... you are fucked. To put this into context for you:

The going rate this year -- Brandon Lloyd (an actual impact player) was traded for a 6th round pick.

The Chiefs traded their 1st round pick to the Niners for Joe Montana, some dude I never heard of, and a 3rd round pick.

To trade a 1st and a 2nd (or 1st) for some guy with a possible knee/arm issues is downright stupid. We're not talking Herschel Walker/Ricky Williams level of fleecing here, but the Raiders definitely took it in the ass on this trade. I am not sure Tom Brady could have been traded for two firsts, nevermind this can't throw a deep ball to save his life loser. Highway fucking robbery.
A few points, ucant.

1. James and I have already said that Oakland overpaid here.
Cincy had the leverage and they used it.

2. The draft picks, for what it's worth, will likely be toward the low end of the 1st rd in '12 and low end of the 2nd rd in '13.

3. If you're Oakland, do you piss away the season - where you have a young, up & coming team - by slapping Kyle Boller under center?
Well, maybe.
You could go that route.

4. As already noted, Hue Jackson rightfully believes that he's got a young team on the rise which might have a serious chance to make noise over a 3-4 year period.
Yet one glaring area where you are lacking is ---> QB.
So you've got a shot at landing a guy you believe in, who you think can elevate the position and enhance things for this period of time.

You pull the trigger.

Will Palmer pan out in Oakland and play anywhere close to the level he played at before his knee injury, then elbow trouble, and whole Cincy enviornment situation?

I don't know.
As a fan, I cheer for it.

We'll see what happens.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

poptart wrote: Will Palmer pan out in Oakland and play anywhere close to the level he played at before his knee injury, then elbow trouble, and whole Cincy enviornment situation?
Stranger things have happened.

twas a high price to pay, but I understand why the move was made and won't judge it until the results start to come in.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

War Wagon wrote:I understand why the move was made and won't judge it until the results start to come in.
You won't? That's because you're a nutless wonder.

I'll call my shot right now. This move was a disaster. Unless Palmer somehow reincarnates as Dan Marino, the Raider rocket isn't going to have enough thrust to get into orbit and will crash back to earth next year.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

ucant wrote:The Chiefs traded their 1st round pick to the Niners for Joe Montana, some dude I never heard of, and a 3rd round pick.

To trade a 1st and a 2nd (or 1st) for some guy with a possible knee/arm issues is downright stupid. We're not talking Herschel Walker/Ricky Williams level of fleecing here, but the Raiders definitely took it in the ass on this trade.
The Bears traded a starting QB (Kyle Orton), TWO first round picks ('09 and '10), and a 3rd round pick ('09) in order to acquire Jay Cutler.

Just noting it.

mvscal wrote:This move was a disaster.
Have the Raiders ever made any move that you didn't immediately declare a disaster?

And didn't you call for them to be 4-12 this year?

lol
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

mvscal wrote:That's because you're a nutless wonder.

fairweather San Diego fan (as if there were any other kind) says what?

the very minute your 'team' goes south you'll disappear from this forum aside from a few mewling farewells.
Raydah James
Eternal Scobode

Post by Raydah James »

ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 wrote: You send pictures of yourself to a dumpster cunt who bathes in Bukoff? Wow... are you desperate.
You let a random fucking guy you had never met, from KC, off of an internet message BB take you out to dinner and pay for it. Afterward, he commented on your "physique" to said BB.

The jokes literally write themselves off that alone.

Shutting the fuck up is your best option at this point.

Pops, I dont agree with starting Palmer at all. We can torch KC with Boller, and Carson gets the extra bye week to digest the playbook.
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

As much as I love to dump on the Raiders I'm actually hoping that Palmer comes in and kicks butt. Sort of reminds me of another supposedly washed up 31 year old Heisman winner from the PAC-whatever who joined the Raiders about 33 years ago. OK, he didn't have much impact for a couple of seasons, but still...
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

poptart wrote:2. The draft picks, for what it's worth, will likely be toward the low end of the 1st rd in '12 and low end of the 2nd rd in '13.
If the 2012 1st rounder is low (I assume you mean late in the round), that would mean you made the playoffs this year. In which case the 2013 pick will aso be a 1st rounder. Correct?
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

My understanding is that the '13 pick Cincy receives is a 2nd round pick.

That '13 2nd round pick can become a 1st round pick if Oakland reaches the AFC Title Game either this year or next.

That's what I've read about it.
trev
New Sheriff in Town

Post by trev »

Raydah James wrote:Unfair....you have photographical evidence.
You send pictures of yourself to a dumpster cunt who bathes in Bukoff? Wow... are you desperate.
Jealous because you're half bald?
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Raydah James wrote:You let a random fucking guy you had never met, from KC, off of an internet message BB take you out to dinner and pay for it. Afterward, he commented on your "physique" to said BB.
Since when does a trollstop at a bar with other people (please note, asshole, people is plural) from this message board constitute "dinner?" Does too much hair jell cause really brain cancer or does being a dumbfuck just come naturally to you?
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Goober McTuber wrote:
poptart wrote:2. The draft picks, for what it's worth, will likely be toward the low end of the 1st rd in '12 and low end of the 2nd rd in '13.
If the 2012 1st rounder is low (I assume you mean late in the round), that would mean you made the playoffs this year. In which case the 2013 pick will aso be a 1st rounder. Correct?
The 2013 pick only becomes a 1st rounder provided the Raiders win a playoff game this season. It doesn't matter whether that game is during the Wild Card round or the Divisional round, they just have to win one playoff game. If they miss the playoffs or lose their opening playoff game, the 2013 pick becomes a 2nd rounder.
Joe Satriani is a mime, right? - 88

Show me your dicks. - trev
Kansas City Kid
BANNED FAT RETARD

Post by Kansas City Kid »

Reminds me of when the Raiders picked up Jim Plunkett years ago and that worked out pretty well.

Raiders - 27
Chiefs - 13
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

KC has been very poor at scoring early this year.
Low first quarter (and first half) pt output.

If the Raiders jump KC's shit early and get say, a 10 pt lead or something, I could see this turning into a blowout, because the one thing Oakland does real well on defense is get after the QB.
Cassel won't like trying to play comeback against that... at all.

If you're intent on getting C. Palmer under center, this might actually be a fairly friendly time for it.
Griefs last in the league in sacks.

The Raiders are stronger up front on both sides of the ball, they destroy KC in overall team speed, and they have one of the finest running backs in the league.

I actually think Oakland is running slightly on fumes, mentally and emotionally.
The Davis death.
The VERY emotional win @Houston.
The Al Davis Tribute Game.
The starting QB goes down for the year.

All this, plus the rivalry factor, KC being fresh off the bye, and Oakland having some defensive injuries trouble, is why I see this game as close.

The Palmer deal might freshen things up a bit for Oakland, though.

Bottom Line:

Raiders -27
Griefs - 24
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Kansas City Kid wrote:Reminds me of when the Raiders picked up Jim Plunkett years ago and that worked out pretty well.

WOW DUDE!!! That's an amazing take!!!!!!!

Sin,
Mikey wrote:As much as I love to dump on the Raiders I'm actually hoping that Palmer comes in and kicks butt. Sort of reminds me of another supposedly washed up 31 year old Heisman winner from the PAC-whatever who joined the Raiders about 33 years ago. OK, he didn't have much impact for a couple of seasons, but still...
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Holy shit... do you guys remember that time the Raiders plunked that washed-up USC has-been QB off the waiver wire after the 49ers dumped jim? Errr, him. Dumped him. Damned typos.

Or... not.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 wrote:Holy shit... do you guys remember that time the Raiders plunked that washed-up USC has-been QB off the waiver wire after the 49ers dumped jim? Errr, him. Dumped him. Damned typos.

Or... not.

Plunkett was from Stanford.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

PACWHATEVER?
Shine
Leads all Lists

Post by Shine »

Regardless of how Palmer pans out for Oakland this was a grand slam trade for Cincy. Palmer was never, repeat NEVER, going to suit up for the Bengals again. He was a total loss for them, and now he's turned into 2 draft picks with one being a guaranteed 1st rounder. Under new rookie wage scales which suits cheap-ass Brown just fine. Grand fucking slam.

Will Palmer pan out for Oakland, who knows. Having watched Palmer closely for 8 years and seeing how he's (not)comeback from his injuries I'm leaning towards him not. What's funny is this though:
poptart wrote: Will Palmer pan out in Oakland and play anywhere close to the level he played at before his knee injury, then elbow trouble, and whole Cincy enviornment situation?
Other than the physical issues as a Raider fan tart you should be MUCH more concerned with the whole Raider enviornment situation. You see there were really 2 issues Palmer had in Cincy. One is easily fixed as he was not happy that the direction the Bengals were going was solid defense, running attack and possession passing. (which is working pretty well so far this season) Palmer would rather grip it and rip it, something the Raiders will be more than happy to let him do. GO VERTICAL BABY. The other was that he was not happy with losing. Uh oh Rayduhs...

Since Palmer entered the league the Bengals record has been (not all seasons with Palmer at QB):

8-8
8-8
11-5
8-8
7-9
4-11-1
10-6
4-12

60-66-1, with 2 division titles and thus 2 playoff appearances

They also did this with one head coach.*

During that same time period the Raiders posted:

4-12
5-11
4-12
2-14
4-12
5-11
5-11
8-8

37-91, no division titles, no playoff appearances. Done under the "leadership" of five different head coaches, now onto their sixth.

A Commitment to Excrement indeed. Good luck.

*Quick aside for those who've wondered how Marvin Lewis still has his job. Other than Mike Brown being cheap and not wanting to pay 2 head coaches salaries, the prior 12 seasons before Lewis took over the Bengals had a whopping ONE season with at least 8 wins (an 8-8 campaign of course) and no playoff appearances. Honestly given the handcuffs Lewis has to operate under with the inept Bengals front office he's done an amazing job.
"Our staff is going to ensure that anyone who attends this University and wears the Indiana uniform will make this privilege among their highest priorities and not treat the opportunity as an entitlement,'' Crean said in a statement. "We fully expect our student-athletes to accept the responsibilities academically, athletically and socially that come with representing one of the top programs in college basketball history."
trev
New Sheriff in Town

Post by trev »

And all week we have been hearing out of Oakland that Palmer is starting and now the news is NOT.

:lol:
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

trev wrote:And all week we have been hearing out of Oakland that Palmer is starting and now the news is NOT.

I am fairly certain that Adam Shefter reported on Friday that Palmer was not starting... have another drink, you fucking lush. And start reading/listening to legitimate sources.
R-Jack
Non Sequitur Legend

Post by R-Jack »

trev wrote:And all week we have been hearing out of Oakland that Palmer is starting and now the news is NOT.

From Oakland? Like people from the team saying that? Got yourself a link to that?
trev
New Sheriff in Town

Post by trev »

R-Jack, I am sure you can use google just as well as I can. Several legitimate news sites reported it all week. Foxsports, CBS sports, Sporting News....etc, etc, etc.....
Paul
Elwood

Post by Paul »

I am fairly certain that Adam Shefter reported on Friday that Palmer was not starting... have another drink, you fucking lush. And start reading/listening to legitimate sources.
RAIDERS offensive coordinator Al Saunders was on a Kansas City radio station on Wed. or Thur. and said AND I QUOTE:

"IF CARSON IS BREATHING, THEN HE IS PLAYING."

True, he didn't say anything about STARTING, but he DID say Palmer will play. We'll see in the 2nd half....in the meantime, continue to "just shoot yourselves in the foot", Raiduhs. :hfal:
Tiger Woods....ALLEGEDLY wrote:"Hey, it's, uh, it's Tiger. I need you to do me a huge favor. Um, can you please, uh, take your name off your phone. My wife went through my phone. And, uh, may be calling you. If you can, please take your name off that and, um, and what do you call it just have it as a number on the voice mail, just have it as your telephone number. That's it, OK. You gotta do this for me. Huge. Quickly. All right. Bye."
trev
New Sheriff in Town

Post by trev »

Anything I type, you can be sure R-Jack and U-Can't will be right along attempting to pull my pigtails. I think they have a crush on me. I graduated and got better grades then they did though.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

28-0 and the score isn't even as close as it looks. Great trade. Jackson panicked, shit down his leg, sold out and fucked up.

Good job, dumbfucks.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
Paul
Elwood

Post by Paul »

COMMITMENT TO EXCREMENT
Tiger Woods....ALLEGEDLY wrote:"Hey, it's, uh, it's Tiger. I need you to do me a huge favor. Um, can you please, uh, take your name off your phone. My wife went through my phone. And, uh, may be calling you. If you can, please take your name off that and, um, and what do you call it just have it as a number on the voice mail, just have it as your telephone number. That's it, OK. You gotta do this for me. Huge. Quickly. All right. Bye."
Joe in PB
2008 / 2009 JAFFL Champ

Post by Joe in PB »

Wow, brutal, just brutal. Boller stinks it up as expected, then the coach throws his newly acquired QB with a 5 play playbook under the bus?

Chargers, Raiduhs, Griefs, Doinks, it doesn't matter. They all suck.
Butkus didn't wear an earring.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Joe in PB wrote:then the coach throws his newly acquired QB with a 5 play playbook under the bus?
Let's not blame the playbook. Palmer has a noodle arm. No zip. No strength. No chance of "playing himself into shape." He's done. Not only have the Duhs blown a 1 and 2 pick (you're not going to the playoffs) on this broke dick clown, they also had to take his ridiculous contract. It gets even more amusing when you consider that Campbell had the team moving but now they have to blow him out.

poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

KC was fresh, had focus, and was ready to play.
Oakland... was not any of those things.

Hue Jackson coached a bad game today.

My read on the QB situation was that Jackson had no intention of playing Palmer today.
But Boller COMPLETELY shit the bed - and at 14-0 in the 2nd half, Hue decided to try to salvage the game by entering Palmer into it.
But as Palmer warmed up, KC scored again and it was 21-0.
The game was basically over at that point because Palmer is not ready and Boller... blows.

Palmer went in to a VERY bad situation there.

Hue prolly should have just sucked it up and let Boller finish lying in the bed he had cr@pped in, because Palmer was clearly not ready to go - on 3 days practice, with a new team, and not having played all year.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

poptart wrote:Palmer went in to a VERY bad situation there.
And he made it even worse. Maybe they should give Chad Pennington a ring and corner the market on noodle-armed has beens.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Your Palmer takes are noted and we can revisit the thread at a later time.
That'll be fine... and perhaps loads of fun.

My guess right now is that all of your carrying on is an attempt to soothe your swollen vag - in the wake of having blown a first half lead and LOSING to a team which Oakland, btw, defeated.

You're 4-2 - with a blistering half game lead over the... horrible Raiders.

Good luck in KC next week, champ.

Don't look now, but they'll move into a first place tie with you (and Oakland) if they knock you off.

:)
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

trev wrote:R-Jack, I am sure you can use google just as well as I can. Several legitimate news sites reported it all week. Foxsports, CBS sports, Sporting News....etc, etc, etc.....
Shefter is a real NFL insider. He's broken stories more times than hubbie has your nose. And that's saying something...

People not in a vodka induced coma and/or suffering from spousal head trauma knew on Friday Palmer wasn't starting. Cheers, you fucking whore...
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

poptart wrote: Good luck in KC next week, champ.
Halloween, MNF, Arrowhead will be so geeked it won't be funny.
Paul
Elwood

Post by Paul »

War Wagon wrote:
poptart wrote: Good luck in KC next week, champ.
Halloween, MNF, Arrowhead will be so geeked it won't be funny.
Yup...Blots are FUCKED next week. :twisted: