Mizzou 2 SEC?

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

Mace
Eternal Scobode

Re: Mizzou 2 SEC?

Post by Mace »

Wags, Truman, and Scott will need to start practicing that "SEC" chant. :lol:

I would think that the Big 10 will also be making a phone call to Columbia....and I hope that happens.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Mace wrote: I would think that the Big 10 will also be making a phone call to Columbia....and I hope that happens.
I hope that what's left of the XII stays together, maybe expands, I dunno. I would definitely miss my Oklahoma brethren just as I do Nebraska.

I hate change. I hated it when the Big 8 expanded, taking in the orphans of the SWC. I still hate that that happened.

But if change happens, I'd rather go north than south.
Danimal
Eternal Scobode

Post by Danimal »

With all the talk of litigation the SEC could be hesitant now about going after another Big12 team, but if 12 starts falling-apart Mizzou will have a soft landing.
You gonna bark all day little doggie or are you gonna bite?
Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

I think Kietzman's take is as good as any I've read on the topic, but it would never happen in a million years.

It makes too much sense:

The latest Big 12 realignment news is that we could be in a holding pattern for as long as a year. Ok, whatever, I mean who really knows?

But it's an interesting idea floating around that cooler heads may prevail and we're going to actually put some thought into all this and try very hard to do the right thing by as many schools and fans as possible. So here's a quick look at what I think may actually work if we put together some special committee with somebody really smart at the head of the table. You know, like an actual fan or something.

We currently have more than 64 teams so let's scrap the idea of four, 16 team conferences. Teams that get bumped and teams that can't get in would lobby Congress and there could be all kinds of mayhem. Let's think 72 teams. I know, nobody's said anything like this and it just sounds like some half baked plan based on a number that's greater than the number of current BCS teams. But it's not. It's based on a different number that coaches love... NINE. Nine?

Coaches love the idea of 9 in a division because that's 8 league games and four non conference games. See, the idea is to do the right thing by as many people as possible. Coaches, check.

Now you take two of these nines and call them a "super conference". Seems we could make most everyone happy with Big Ten, SEC, Pac 18 and ACC. Check.

Then you take all 8 division winners, true division winners because of the round robin format, and you have yourself a nice, tidy playoff. Seed them 1-8 however you like, nobody will care, it's a playoff. Fans are happy. Check.

The other 64 teams are all bowl category teams so the bowls stay in place and they're happy. Check.

What about independents like Notre Dame and BYU and a school like Texas with it's own network? Well, you have a massive tv deal for ALL DIVISION GAMES that everyone splits equally 72 ways. The other four games are the unique and individual property of the schools or the conferences. Texas could have all four on LHN, Notre Dame could have four on NBC and keep all the money for themselves. This give the bigger schools and programs a big financial advantage, but again, we're trying to make everyone happy. The biggest issue here could be Big Ten Network but they would have 18 teams with four non-cons each that they could air on BTN. That's 72 games if they wanted and that's plenty.

So that leaves us with one really huge problem we still haven't addressed and that's rivalries. What if OU and Texas wind up in separate divisions. Or programs like Michigan, Ohio State and Notre Dame? Seems easy enough to me that you ask everyone to pick their biggest rival not in their division and play them in the non-conference. Remember, you get to go sell that thing all to yourself and keep all the money. Which of the big boys wouldn't love to do that?

This plan would generate record revenue, include the most teams and fans, create a playoff, protect the bowls, keep the game geographically sane and protect the special interests of the biggest programs. I'm sure there are holes and gaps in this thing somewhere, I've only been working on it for a day. But it seems to me the biggest issues are covered here and the rest of it can't be that hard to figure out.

http://www.810whb.com/common/more.php?m=49&r=21
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

Unload on Arizona st -10 !!!!!!!!!!
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Post by Terry in Crapchester »

Truman wrote:So that leaves us with one really huge problem we still haven't addressed and that's rivalries. What if OU and Texas wind up in separate divisions. Or programs like Michigan, Ohio State and Notre Dame? Seems easy enough to me that you ask everyone to pick their biggest rival not in their division and play them in the non-conference. Remember, you get to go sell that thing all to yourself and keep all the money. Which of the big boys wouldn't love to do that?
Applying this particular provision to ND, it raises some issues for ND if ND ever were to join a conference. Depending on the ultimate divisional alignment, ND very well could be picked by BC, Michigan, Michigan State, Purdue and USC as their biggest non-divisional rival. For that matter, there's also a possibility of them being picked by Stanford, Indiana, BYU, Navy and Pitt as well, although the latter group would be less likely to pick ND.
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

Terry in Crapchester wrote:Applying this particular provision to ND, it raises some issues for ND if ND ever were to join a conference. Depending on the ultimate divisional alignment, ND very well could be picked by BC, Michigan, Michigan State, Purdue and USC as their biggest non-divisional rival. For that matter, there's also a possibility of them being picked by Stanford, Indiana, BYU, Navy and Pitt as well, although the latter group would be less likely to pick ND.
Can't see why you would be limited to just one rival, Ter. The blogger suggested you would have four non-cons to gravy train each year. Several of those folks you listed would most likely be conference-mates anyway. The others you could play on a two-year rotating schedule.

Not perfect, but a helluva lot better than all this armageddon stuff being talked about in these parts.

I guess I'm sold on preserving geographic sanity and nine-team divisions setting the table for a true NC playoff. The lure of the PAC might seem rosey to the southwest iv right now, but if last night was any indicator, I can promise you those 9:30 Central starts for roadies to Pullman are gonna wear thin in those spaces "where the wind comes whippin' down the plains" damn quick.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Terry in Crapchester wrote:
Truman wrote:So that leaves us with one really huge problem we still haven't addressed and that's rivalries. What if OU and Texas wind up in separate divisions. Or programs like Michigan, Ohio State and Notre Dame? Seems easy enough to me that you ask everyone to pick their biggest rival not in their division and play them in the non-conference. Remember, you get to go sell that thing all to yourself and keep all the money. Which of the big boys wouldn't love to do that?
Applying this particular provision to ND, it raises some issues for ND if ND ever were to join a conference. Depending on the ultimate divisional alignment, ND very well could be picked by BC, Michigan, Michigan State, Purdue and USC as their biggest non-divisional rival. For that matter, there's also a possibility of them being picked by Stanford, Indiana, BYU, Navy and Pitt as well, although the latter group would be less likely to pick ND.
Yeah, everybody's always looking for a cupcake to play OOC.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

Cecil Hurt, well connected writer in sec country(tuscaloosa), is claiming SEC wants missouri as #14, but will wait for Big12 to crumble. Give SEC another AAU member(with aTm also being an AAU), 2 big tv markets(stl 21, KC 31), and foot print in the midwest.

Recruiting would have to change, no more of the under sized DL, OL,Rb. Have to get bigger, stronger, and more physical. MU is softer than butter. They would be a middle of pack program in football, but i could see a 1, possibly 2 times a decade run for a division title race.

If your going to beat the best, you need to play the best.
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

Have seen a few tweets that are claiming Mizzou is staying in the Big 12 and they will have a press conference later on this evening to announce it.

The USF 247 (site that Josh Newberg runs) site is also saying that the Big 12 is looking to secure a new 10 year TV deal and the buyout to leave the league is rumored to be $70 million. The Big 12 would then add BYU and look to expand to 14 by taking WVU, Louisville, Cincinnati and USF. Take that for what it's worth. I'll believe it when I see it.
Dreams......Temporary Madness
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Not so fast, Mucho. At least apparently.

http://www.kansascity.com/2011/09/22/31 ... ights.html
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

keeping Mizzou is really important for this hackneyed new SWC and they know it. they've always wanted to be the pretty girl at the dance....courting the Big Ten etc before NU jumped them. now, with the SEC and Big XII whatevers wanting them....they want a little moment to slow dance to Journey's Open Arms under the big disco ball.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Looks like I may need to start practicing my "SEC, SEC" chant.

Mizzou's board of curators has given the go ahead to look elsewhere and that really means only one possible destination.

:|
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Hey, at least put Mizzou on a par with Arkansas.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

War Wagon wrote:Hey, at least put Mizzou on a par with Arkansas.
No. Well, maybe in terms of culture.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

I thought Sam was being pretty generous... I'd have thrown Vandy in there.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

I know most people here only care about football, but Mizzou fields like 22 different varsity sports teams both men and women, most of them pretty strong.

Does the SEC have any competitive wrestling programs?
minorthreat
Elwood

Post by minorthreat »

KC Scott wrote:this is fucked for Mizzou fans - at least those on the west side of the state. Driving to Iowa City, Norman, Stillwater, Lawrnce, Manhattan and until last year, Linclon was nothing. Don't think you'll see the same thing happening in the SEC West (except Fayetville)

It will also fuck Mizzou recruiting in Texas.

I suppose there may still be a chance they stay in what's left of the Big 12 - but that doesn't look likely

Maybe I should just be happy they're still in a BCS conference
Helluva game last year. We'll miss you in Iowa City.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

War Wagon wrote: Does the SEC have any competitive wrestling programs?
only on the women's side.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

Sudden Sam wrote: Basketball they'll be a great addition, but football?
Mizzou has already done well as of late against the SEC. home and home wins against ole miss. beat arky in the cotton bowl handily. wouldn't do well this year, though. beat a & m last year.
why is my neighborhood on fire
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

Dinsdale wrote:I thought Sam was being pretty generous... I'd have thrown Vandy in there.
Vandy is 3-1, bitches.

Vandy is a solid NCAA hoops team most seasons this decade with a Sweet 16 and a very good baseball program. it's a lot stronger AD than people think. however, minus the bowl win over BC a few years ago....Vandy football=Vandy football. but, 3-1 with a conference win. bitches.
"
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

Done Deal

SEC!SEC!SEC!SEC!
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Nah, don't see it. The SEC is not desperate.

-Spray
At Large
Bitter Husker Apologist

Post by At Large »

SEC accepts Missouri for 2012-13

Associated Press

BIRMINGHAM, Ala. -- After weeks of waiting, Missouri's move to the Southeastern Conference became official on Sunday.

The SEC released a statement saying the conference's presidents and chancellors acted unanimously, and Missouri will join the league effective July 1, 2012.

"The presidents and chancellors of the Southeastern Conference are pleased to welcome the University of Missouri to the SEC," Florida and SEC board president Bernie Machen said in a statement. "The University of Missouri is a prestigious academic institution with a strong athletic tradition and a culture similar to our current institutions."

Ubben: Blame Game Starts With Big 12

Big 12 Truth is, the Big 12 only has itself to blame for this disaster, the loss of a second founding member of the Big Eight, which turned into the Big 12 when four Texas schools came to town, ESPN.com's David Ubben writes. Blog
Brennan: Add Boosts Hoops For SEC

Big 12 If Missouri joined the SEC right now, ESPN.com's Eamonn Brennan writes, could the conference be the best in the country? Blog

Missouri will be leaving the Big 12, a conference it has been a part of since 1907, including its days as the Big Eight.

"The Southeastern Conference is a highly successful, stable, premier athletic conference that offers exciting opportunities for the University of Missouri," Missouri chancellor Brady J. Deaton said. "In joining the SEC, MU partners with universities distinguished for their academic programs and their emphasis on student success. The SEC will provide our student-athletes with top flight competition and unparalleled visibility. We came to this decision after careful consideration of the long term best interests of our university.

"We believe the Southeastern Conference is an outstanding home for the Mizzou Tigers, and we take great pride in our association with this distinguished league."

The addition of Missouri will increase SEC membership to 14 schools, including Texas A&M, which announced last month that it was also leaving the Big 12 for the SEC.

Asked what division Missouri would be in, Arkansas athletic director Jeff Long posted on his Twitter account that Missouri will be in the "East initially."

[+] EnlargeMissouri
Wesley Hitt/Getty ImagesMissouri will be leaving the Big 12, a conference the Columbia, Mo., school has been a part of since 1907, including the league's days as the Big Eight.

Sunday's announcement comes as no surprise. Last month the Missouri board of curators gave Deaton the permission to change leagues and from that point on it seemed only a matter of time before the Tigers said goodbye to the Big 12.

Apparently, legal issues and other details took time to work out. The Big 12 needed to have a replacement for Missouri lined up, because the conference needs 10 schools to fulfill its TV contracts.

The Big 12 took care of that and bid farewell to Missouri 10 days ago, when it invited West Virginia from the Big East to join the conference. The league did not even list Missouri among the schools it anticipated would be competing in the Big 12 next year.

"I personally believe this decision is a mistake and that Missouri is a better fit in the Big 12," interim Big 12 commissioner Chuck Neinas said in a statement. "Once we have received a formal notice of withdrawal from Missouri, we will furnish it to our board of directors. The board will review the situation and take appropriate action."

Despite what the SEC and Big 12 plan, the Big East still will have a say in when Missouri and West Virginia will be allowed to start competing in their new conference homes.

Big East commissioner John Marinatto has been adamant about enforcing the league's 27-month notification period and holding West Virginia in the conference for the next two years.

West Virginia filed a lawsuit challenging that rule and the Big East countered with a lawsuit asking the courts to make the school abide by its contract.

The Big East is in rebuilding mode now and is expected to start adding new members in the next few days.

The league last week approved inviting Boise State, Navy and Air Force for football only and SMU, Houston and Central Florida for all sports.

Its goal is to form a 12-team football league, but even if all the schools its targeting accept invitations, there are various hurdles that would have to be cleared -- including waiting periods and exit fees -- to have them in the Big East by 2012.

It's possible Missouri could be stuck in the Big 12 until West Virginia can depart from the Big East.

The SEC had said it was working on schedules for a 13-team conference when Texas A&M joined.
Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

Good luck to Mizzou in the SEC. I wish the Big 10 was expanding to 14 and snagged them up before they left for greener pastures because I think the Big 10 would have been a much better fit for them. Judging from the game last night, you'd better beef up your defense a bit before facing 'Bama or LSU, and make sure you've got a great placekicker.
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

Desperate, Hardly.

This is a goldmine for SEC and their members. They now, with 14 teams can reopen both TV contracts, with nice raises expected. And Slive and SEC Members are going to work on SEC network, which will bring in even more $$$. With Dallas,St.Louis,and KC markets added, they expect Each SEC school to get between 34-40mil per, once deals are completed with CBS,ESPN and SEC network launched.

MIZ-SEC
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

Mace wrote:Good luck to Mizzou in the SEC. I wish the Big 10 was expanding to 14 and snagged them up before they left for greener pastures because I think the Big 10 would have been a much better fit for them. Judging from the game last night, you'd better beef up your defense a bit before facing 'Bama or LSU, and make sure you've got a great placekicker.
If Big10 expands to 16, i could see Maryland and Rutgers from the East, and Iowa St and ??? added. I think ISU will end up in B1G, not a great athletic fit at first,but with revenue sharing, they can greatly improve. They were getting scraps from Big12, because of Texas rule, i believe 5mil is all they were getting. Academically, i think ISU fits.

MU and SEC have been in talks for 2+ months, B1G was never a thought, MU had to make their move, and SEC is the premiere conference in athletics.

Football will have to totally redo their recruiting strategy, no more finesse, undersized players, and no more, bend but dont break defenses. Have to get bigger on both lines and must make the run a key to the offenses. They got lucky getting Josh Hansen, who was the head recruiting coord for LSU, helping with some monster classes that helped Miles win a title with, when Saban bolted. Also, the Offensive and defensive coords, must go, immediately. And the secondary coach is horrible, and has never completely sealed the st.louis area.

They won't be contending for SEC titles, but they will make a couple runs a decade. Arkansas and Missouri are very similar, once Arky got the SEC $ and the recruits, they started to be a mid to top contender.
Cornhusker
2018/2019 and 2023/2024 Pick ‘em Champion

Post by Cornhusker »

Adelpiero wrote: I think ISU will end up in B1G, not a great athletic fit at first,but with revenue sharing, they can greatly improve. They were getting scraps from Big12, because of Texas rule, i believe 5mil is all they were getting. Academically, i think ISU fits.
Delany won't be inviting ISU because of revenue sharing. They do not bring anything financially to the conference, so why give them a piece of the pie. Same for Maryland and Rutgers. The N.Y. & D.C. markets just doesn't roll with college football enough. They're professional markets.

Anyone not named Notre Dame should expect any B1G love. Delany will not water down the conference. (Save the remarks..) Of course Oklahoma or Texas could pick up the phone I'd suppose, but the fit seems awkward, however as we're seeing, regional locals seem to be diminishing as a roadblock for expansion.
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Cornhusker wrote:
Adelpiero wrote: I think ISU will end up in B1G, not a great athletic fit at first,but with revenue sharing, they can greatly improve. They were getting scraps from Big12, because of Texas rule, i believe 5mil is all they were getting. Academically, i think ISU fits.
Delany won't be inviting ISU because of revenue sharing. They do not bring anything financially to the conference, so why give them a piece of the pie. Same for Maryland and Rutgers. The N.Y. & D.C. markets just doesn't roll with college football enough. They're professional markets.

Anyone not named Notre Dame should expect any B1G love. Delany will not water down the conference. (Save the remarks..) Of course Oklahoma or Texas could pick up the phone I'd suppose, but the fit seems awkward, however as we're seeing, regional locals seem to be diminishing as a roadblock for expansion.
Whether it's attributable to pure luck, Swarbrick's skill, or some combination of the two, ND has actually managed to play itself into the ideal position right about now. Neither the B1G nor the ACC wants to expand further so long as both conferences think they have a shot at ND, as further expansion might freeze ND out unnecessarily (yeah, the B1G could go to 14 without freezing ND out, but there's that pesky little revenue sharing thing to worry about). At least in the short term, ND could put any superconference scenario on the shelf for awhile.

As far as the NYC and DC markets go, such as they are for college sports, ND, and possibly Penn State, for that matter, could claim as large a fanbase in those markets as Rutgers and Maryland can. As a matter of fact, Maryland was unable to sell its ticket allotment for the upcoming ND-Maryland game at FedEx, and I'm told they're now on the market at LivingSocial.com for as little as $65 per pair (including a parking pass, if memory serves). That's pretty cheap by BTPCF standards.

As for Oklahoma, from what I've heard the B1G considered them and concluded that they don't meet the B1G's academic standards (sorry OU fans, that was the B1G's conclusion, not mine).
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

I don't like this, not one bit.

But I knew it was going to happen. Fuck.

So long to 100 years of rivalries and welcome to the brave new world.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

War Wagon wrote:I don't like this, not one bit.

i'll be sad to see you guys go. but, these are the times we live in.

i'm not thrilled to be in the new SWC conference much either. nor did the Pac appeal. oh well. i'm almost feeling nostalgic for Kemper Arena....even.
"
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Peace, out... to my old Big 8 fliends.

As Dale Earnhart would say

somebody give wags a tissue.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

I lifted this from Tigerboard for Sudden Sam, who seems to think Mizzou has no tradition.
After the 1968 Gator Bowl in which Mizzou beat the Alabama Crimson Tide by a score of 35-10, Bear Bryant said:

"We were really horsewhipped. We had a lousy defense. We did not expect anyone to run down the field on us like they did, like they were playing a barber college. They toyed with us like children....They beat us every way known to man. They out-everythinged us. We were really fortunate. The Tigers deserved to beat us by more points than they did. Of course, it was like any other college football game. The difference was in the preparation and the coaching and there was a lot of difference today."

Bryant had been singing a different tune before the game. He had told reporters that that was his best defensive team ever at Bama. "We've got quite a football team now..you'd better believe it," he said.

The 25 point loss to Mizzou was Bryant's worst defeat at that time in his 11 year career at Alabama. The loss also ended Alabama's nine-year streak of finishing in the AP Top Ten. Instead, it was Mizzou that climbed in the rankings, finishing ninth in the AP poll.

In 1975, Mizzou took on the even tougher task of facing Bear Bryant's Crimson Tide at Legion Field in Birmingham, Alabama. Bama was ranked #2 in the nation to start the year. The Crimson Tide was 43-1 in its last 44 regular season games. Wrote the Washington Post, "Bear Bryant thinks he may have the best team of his illustrious career."

Mizzou promptly raced to a 20-0 halftime lead and held on for a 20-7 victory at Alabama.

"All in all, it was a good ol' country beating," Bryant said. "I think we were fortunate not to be beaten worse."

After the game the Missouri campus was flooded with hundreds of students who joined in an impromptu celebration and victory parade. They jammed Columbia streets and choked roads leading to the airport.

"That airport was just engulfed with fans; it was crazy," Mizzou tackle Keith Morrissey said. "But it was an enormous experience just to see the support and how much people really appreciate a victory like that."
Well, we're coming for you again now, twat.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

UGA has been mediocre forever.

UGA keeps firing guys who win at about 70%. Goff, Donnan, Richt.

Colorado would love any of that.
"
Kansas City Kid
BANNED FAT RETARD

Post by Kansas City Kid »

Saw a potential schedule for Missouri with home games vs. Georgia, South Carolina, Kentucky and Mississippi State and roadies at Florida, Tennessee, Vanderbilt, and Arkansas for 2012! I guess Arkansas will be a permanent crossover game to create a regional rivalry. Hopefully they add a ninth conference game in the future so LSU, Auburn and Alabama can come to Columbia more often! Definitely a step up in conference for MIZZOU.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Sam wrote:Hey, it's done. You're in. It'll be cool. You're in the East.
Makes perfect sense. Wait. No, it doesn't.

Sin,

Joe Satriani is a mime, right? - 88

Show me your dicks. - trev
Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

Kansas City Kid wrote:...Hopefully they add a ninth conference game in the future so LSU, Auburn and Alabama can come to Columbia more often! Definitely a step up in conference for MIZZOU.
Lemme get this straight:

So we trade one conference full of teams that we can't beat for another conference full of teams that we can't beat, at the expense of our city ever hosting a conference football championship, a conference basketball tournament, or even a grudge match against our perennial door-mat across the state line. Not to mention the hundreds of years of tradition forged collectively with our old Big 6, Big 7, and Big 8 rivals. All this, just so asshats like Adelpeed-down-his-leg won't have to drive so far on roadies out of St. Loser, while fat fucks like you gorge themselves stupid on long johns and fudge in front of the big screen at home when Mizzou squares off against the likes of Mississippi-fucking-State.

Kill yourself, you insufferable fucking retard.
Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

King Crimson wrote:
War Wagon wrote:I don't like this, not one bit.

i'll be sad to see you guys go. but, these are the times we live in.

i'm not thrilled to be in the new SWC conference much either. nor did the Pac appeal. oh well. i'm almost feeling nostalgic for Kemper Arena....even.
...And as a complement to the brand of football played in these parts, we had a chance to build this thing into the best fucking basketball conference in the country as well. The 18 home-and-homes night-in, night-out woulda made this league an all out war, battle-tested and Tournament-ready. Fuck. :brad:
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Time to move on, brother Truman. We have to, we have no choice.

Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

Truman wrote:
Kansas City Kid wrote:All this, just so asshats like Adelpeed-down-his-leg won't have to drive so far on roadies out of St. Loser, while fat fucks like you gorge themselves stupid on long johns and fudge in front of the big screen at home when Mizzou squares off against the likes of Mississippi-fucking-State.

Kill yourself, you insufferable fucking retard.
Do you believe that the only reason was to make it an easier roadie for the east side of the state?

If Mizzou stayed with the KCcentric plan, it wouldn't be long until the conference consisted of Lawrence, Ames, Manhattan, Columbia and whatever toilets the C-USA schools are in.

Best option would have been if the Big 12 was all together and we all decided to work together and keep our mutual interests and cultures in mind when continuing towards a bright future as the consistently second best conference around. That didn't happen so Neb, A&M and the Buffs left.

Second best option would to be picking up some research cash and sticking with the Big Ten whose culture is similar to Columbia's. That wasn't happening.

Third best option is to find stability in the biggest and best conference.

Last and worst option was to stick it out with the Big 12 in its current incarnation and pray that Oklahoma still liked us even if they didn't like like us.

The drastic change sucks. I don't like it at all. But I also don't like playing in a conference of Cincinnati and USF and Houston. And
I don't like the conference that gave the BCS bowl to a defeated KU team. KC is now the edge of SEC territory just as the 314 was the edge of the Big 12.
why is my neighborhood on fire