Cornhusker
2018/2019 and 2023/2024 Pick ‘em Champion

Are you kiddin' me? Miami..

Post by Cornhusker »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Re: Are you kiddin' me? Miami..

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

"millions of dollars, he said his benefits to athletes included but were not limited to cash, prostitutes, entertainment in his multimillion-dollar homes and yacht, paid trips to high-end restaurants and nightclubs, jewelry, bounties for on-field play (including bounties for injuring opposing players), travel and, on one occasion, an abortion."
:shock:
txangler74
Elwood

Post by txangler74 »

Time for another private school to be made an example of.
F-You man, I'll never go to Texas. I hated Texas from that point on.
-Eric Dickerson on his recruitment to the University of Texas
Go Coogs'
Eternal Scobode

Post by Go Coogs' »

I had a coworker ask me a few weeks ago why I was a bigger NFL fan than a college football fan. Before I could answer, he went on and on and on about the excess number of commericals, pro style offenses being boring, and the overall game just not being nearly as exciting as the college game.

After he was done, I simply stated, "When it's a level playing field, I'll take NCAA any day of the week over the NFL."

He asked what I meant by that statement.

I said the cloud of corruption, secondary rules violations, and no playoff has taken too much away from the game itself. The media and fans of schools are more interested in an off the field story or smearing their main rival more than anything else. It's not fun anymore.

For instance, look at this board. This is a great college football board of real fans, but most people here are more interested in taking jabs at their alma mater's rival than talking real Xs and Os. What the fuck is that? I thought we were talking about football, not scandelous coaches and recruiting violations. It's such a major turn off for me now. I'm so fortunate to be a fan and ex-grad of a school that doesn't matter enough to be involved in all the bullshit. I don't know how y'all put up with this nonsense and still enjoy the games. Fuck that. I just want to watch football without hearing about the coach sending improper text messages or star players driving Nissan 370s as loaners because their original vehicle is "in the shop" all the time.

Can we just move on from this era and get back to football, set conferences, and true National Champions. How fucking hard is it to get on board with this?
88 wrote:Go Coogs' (Regular Season Total Points Champ)
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
War Stoops
Elwood

Post by War Stoops »

Holy Shit!
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

USC will be punished for this and nothing will happen to Miami, Paul Dee will see to it, especially since he is the head of the NCAA Committee of Infractions board and was at Miami during much of this crap.
How is Paul Dee going to hold USC to their punishment and not hold himself and the school he was part of accountable as well? It doesnt matter how, the NCAA isn't concerned with things like fairness or precedent. They just want to make sure that the good ole boy schools dance around the rules while schools where the fan base has all their teeth get hammered.

I think Sports Illustrated said it best
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/w ... topstories
Actually, one man towers over this story, even though he's only briefly mentioned: Former Miami athletic director Paul Dee.

Dee, you may recall, was the Committee on Infractions chairman for USC's much-publicized case last summer involving former stars Reggie Bush and O.J. Mayo. It was Dee who, in announcing some of the stiffest penalties of the last 20 years (a two-year bowl ban and 30 docked scholarships), closed with the preachy reminder that "high-profile athletes demand high-profile compliance."

Dee, Miami's AD during most of the period covering Shapiro's allegations, is retired and no longer under NCAA jurisdiction. Still, it seems only fair he should spend a day at USC's Heritage Hall wearing a sandwich board with the word "Hypocrite."

See if this sounds familiar: "We didn't have any suspicion that he was doing anything like this. "He didn't do anything to cause concern."

I'm fairly certain I heard Pete Carroll say something to that effect, repeatedly, about Bush's time at USC. He insisted there's no way he or anyone else at the school could have known that Bush's parents were living the high life in San Diego -- a defense Dee and his committee sharply rebuked.

But no, those were the words of Dee himself, Tuesday, to the Palm Beach Post, in regards to Shapiro's allegations. Seriously. The same guy whose committee lamented the access outsiders had to the Trojans' locker room and sidelines also told the Post that, " [Shapiro] would come by, ask to go out to practice and we would send one of our staffers to accompany him."

You can't make this stuff up.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

Go Coogs' wrote: For instance, look at this board. This is a great college football board of real fans, but most people here are more interested in taking jabs at their alma mater's rival than talking real Xs and Os. What the fuck is that? I thought we were talking about football, not scandelous coaches and recruiting violations.
i get your frustrations. not with the board, in general. i teach at Colorado....not as a fan or sports fan but professionally speaking, I could easily get on board with getting rid of D-1 sports altogether if the goal was academic integrity. but, the goal isn't academic integrity, even in academics. so, i absolve myself of that problem. i've been a college football and OU fan since i was 4. but, i've seen plagiarism swept under the rug, heard rumors of really bad stuff. CU is actually pretty standup about a lot of stuff. i imagine it's much worse other places. when it's your job and the double-standard is evident and it happens in our life....you want to call bullshit. no matter how many times you've spent 10 hours on Saturday surfing the couch switching back and forth between games with a case of beer and empty pizza boxes.

it's the off-season, BTPCF doesn't have the 365/24/7 hype machine the NFL does (and thank god for that), we do what we can to keep it going.

however, the idea that NFL fans are all about canny, prescient "X's and O's" wizards in some priestly way is not a sustainable premise....nor can it be justified by empirical evidence. any trip to a sports bar on Sundays tells you so. bunch of guys blathering this season's buzzwords they learned from Howie or the current NFL narrative arc about Peyton Manning ....is questionable at best.

as far as jabs, a lot of us have been pissing on each other (as rivals) for a long time. you ever read the T1B NFL board? here's a quick summary:

you have a bleeding vag
NO, you have a bleeding vag
no, YOU have a bleeding vag

AFC West circle jerk of hate, inna mix.

ad infinitum.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

King Crimson wrote:as far as jabs, a lot of us have been pissing on each other (as rivals) for a long time. you ever read the T1B NFL board? here's a quick summary:

you have a bleeding vag

ad infinitum.
haha offseason, for the realz. if you're really interested, coogs, i'll start posting all the insight i get forwarded to me about michigan football: the lineman are huge, the backs all look a step quicker, the defense is really getting after it, the coaches are pushing all the right buttons, the whole team's buying in, the fifth-year bust is really going to turn a corner this year, that is if the freshman stud doesn't take his starting job even though he's really going to redshirt, the linebacking corps is especially deep this year though we won't mention that's because we've converted several failed safeties to sam, etc.
bradhusker
Certified Cockologist

Post by bradhusker »

Miami should easily be considered a "repeat offender", and therefore , given the ultimate punishment, THE DEATH PENALTY.

paging season over troll. "program over troll."
I'll pull you out of that one bunk hilton and cast you down with the sodomites. The warden, shawshank redemption.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Go Coogs' wrote:Can we just move on from this era and get back to football, set conferences, and true National Champions.
:?
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

The SID at Miami, Chris Freet, was quoted in that article. He was the SID here before he went to Miami. I asked him how bad this is and he said it's a 10 on a scale of 1-10.
Dreams......Temporary Madness
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

SoCalTrjn wrote:USC will be punished for this and nothing will happen to Miami, Paul Dee will see to it, especially since he is the head of the NCAA Committee of Infractions board and was at Miami during much of this crap.
Didn't he retire?
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

MuchoBulls wrote:The SID at Miami, Chris Freet, was quoted in that article. He was the SID here before he went to Miami. I asked him how bad this is and he said it's a 10 on a scale of 1-10.
Being an SID has got to be one of the shittiest jobs in all of sports. People think its all glamorous but I bet your boy is going to have a shitty few months.
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

Screw_Michigan wrote:
MuchoBulls wrote:The SID at Miami, Chris Freet, was quoted in that article. He was the SID here before he went to Miami. I asked him how bad this is and he said it's a 10 on a scale of 1-10.
Being an SID has got to be one of the shittiest jobs in all of sports. People think its all glamorous but I bet your boy is going to have a shitty few months.
It's not a glamorous job at all and this can only make it that much worse.
Killian
Good crossing pattern target

Post by Killian »

SoCalTrjn wrote:USC will be punished for this and nothing will happen to Miami, Paul Dee will see to it, especially since he is the head of the NCAA Committee of Infractions board and was at Miami during much of this crap.
How is Paul Dee going to hold USC to their punishment and not hold himself and the school he was part of accountable as well? It doesnt matter how, the NCAA isn't concerned with things like fairness or precedent. They just want to make sure that the good ole boy schools dance around the rules while schools where the fan base has all their teeth get hammered.

I think Sports Illustrated said it best
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/w ... topstories
Actually, one man towers over this story, even though he's only briefly mentioned: Former Miami athletic director Paul Dee.

Dee, you may recall, was the Committee on Infractions chairman for USC's much-publicized case last summer involving former stars Reggie Bush and O.J. Mayo. It was Dee who, in announcing some of the stiffest penalties of the last 20 years (a two-year bowl ban and 30 docked scholarships), closed with the preachy reminder that "high-profile athletes demand high-profile compliance."

Dee, Miami's AD during most of the period covering Shapiro's allegations, is retired and no longer under NCAA jurisdiction. Still, it seems only fair he should spend a day at USC's Heritage Hall wearing a sandwich board with the word "Hypocrite."

See if this sounds familiar: "We didn't have any suspicion that he was doing anything like this. "He didn't do anything to cause concern."

I'm fairly certain I heard Pete Carroll say something to that effect, repeatedly, about Bush's time at USC. He insisted there's no way he or anyone else at the school could have known that Bush's parents were living the high life in San Diego -- a defense Dee and his committee sharply rebuked.

But no, those were the words of Dee himself, Tuesday, to the Palm Beach Post, in regards to Shapiro's allegations. Seriously. The same guy whose committee lamented the access outsiders had to the Trojans' locker room and sidelines also told the Post that, " [Shapiro] would come by, ask to go out to practice and we would send one of our staffers to accompany him."

You can't make this stuff up.
Shut the fuck up, you harpie bitch.
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
Go Coogs'
Eternal Scobode

Post by Go Coogs' »

King Crimson wrote:i as far as jabs, a lot of us have been pissing on each other (as rivals) for a long time. you ever read the T1B NFL board? here's a quick summary:

you have a bleeding vag

ad infinitum.
I'm not comparing the two forums, because I know the NFL board is a big time AFC West circle jerk with repeated shots at Paul. Shit is stale. I like this forum and I love to go to B-dubs on Saturdays and drink with my friends who are alums of different schools taking in all the action. We have an LSU grad, an Arkansas grad, a Penn St. grad, an OU grad, and a Texas grad. And then there is me. My school is usually playing on the black and white tv with rabbit ears in the corner of the bar.

Anyways, I just see a bunch of finger pointing on this board about violations and such which is happening way too often and is getting a little old. It's cool to have that rivalry and shit talking that goes along with it, but it seems the shit talking has headed in a different direction over the past couple of years. I could be wrong, but that's like my opinion man. Of course, its not anyone's fault here, but it is college football that is making this board and many others talk about something other than football. And don't get me wrong, discussing nothing but Xs and Os can get boring fast and there is only so much of the game you can break down. So, I can understand variety being in the forum is a good thing. I'm just tired of the bullshit in college football.

To Goobs: true National Champions means playoff.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

C'''o,o''g's',

It's the offseason. This shit happens every offseason.
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
Go Coogs'
Eternal Scobode

Post by Go Coogs' »

IndyFrisco wrote:C'''o,o''g's',

Not at a rate like this. The last three offseasons I've seen more scandals come out than any other time period with exception to the late 80s early 90s.
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

Go Coogs' wrote:
IndyFrisco wrote:C'''o,o''g's',

Not at a rate like this. The last three offseasons I've seen more scandals come out than any other time period with exception to the late 80s early 90s.
The 80's and 90's didn't have cell phones, cell phone pictures/video, twitter, etc.

If major reform is what everyone wants, then we need shit like this to come to light.
Go Coogs'
Eternal Scobode

Post by Go Coogs' »

No, I'm glad schools are getting caught, but it makes me sick how out of control it is. I mean, this shit Miami players were doing is SMUx2. Alums/boosters offering bounties on opposing players heads??? Please convince me that Miami is the only school doing it, and I'll show you an authentic picture of a unicorn.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Ah, I thought you were talking about the board conversations.

If you're talking about the scandals, hey, don't cheat or don't get caught. This shit used to be a lot easier to conceal. With social media as rampant as it is these days, and it will only grow, scools, coaches, boosters, etc. will probably want to think twice about cheating.

Fuck everyone who wants to pay the players a "stipend". That will make the cheating only worse.

Miami will get shithammered to the infinityth degree. -MA
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Go Coogs' wrote:To Goobs: true National Champions means playoff.
Sorry. You said, "get back to football, set conferences, and true National Champions", so I thought you meant get back to poll champions.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Is there a big game of oneupsmanship of corruption going on in college football that weren't being made aware of? Miami is the new leader in the clubhouse...that'll be hard to beat My g0d, college sports is becoming downright gross.
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

Somewhere Luther Campbell has to be shaking his head in regard to Shapiro (who is a former USF student).
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

It never takes long for things like this

M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

Sudden Sam wrote:Looks like every school will be on probation before the season starts!

Vandy, Rice, and Northwestern are excepted.
guess i should be glad the freep put out such a hit piece on michigan. all we got busted for was stretching. figure they (er, yahoo sports) are done with us for awhile now. if we'd come up in turn everyone would know about the dead hookers stashed in bo's locked office.
Killian

Post by Killian »

Wonder what the financial ramifications are for Miami itself now that it's known they took money from a Ponzi scheme?
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Sudden Sam wrote:I wondered what that stench was in Ann Arbor.
That would be all the hairy Jew gash.
Killian

Post by Killian »

Sudden Sam wrote: I wondered what that stench was in Ann Arbor.
Skull's face after a night with Erin McQueen
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Killian wrote:
Sudden Sam wrote: I wondered what that stench was in Ann Arbor.
Skull's face after a night with Erin McQueen
Always up for an Erin McQuinn reset.

UPDATE:

She now lives IN THE UK!

Remember the article she wrote about MSU talking about their fashion, or lack thereof (Prada bags, baby!) She ended up going to a fashion school in London and now is a product manager in the clothing industry.

http://www.linkedin.com/pub/erin-mcquinn/1b/750/7a0

I had seen some other pics awhile back of her from her old myspace page or something. She turned into a hottie.
bradhusker
Certified Cockologist

Post by bradhusker »

anyone remember the "season over" troll? is he still a member? cause I was wondering if we could have a "program over" troll, and page him for the university of miami.
I'll pull you out of that one bunk hilton and cast you down with the sodomites. The warden, shawshank redemption.
Killian

Post by Killian »

Sudden Sam wrote:
Dear Nick,

Fire them both today.

Sin,
SS
Dear Sam,

That was part of the reason I hired them.

Sin,
Nick

Saban is a hell of a coach, but he's scummy as hell. I would almost guarantee that he knew about this before he hired them.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

IndyFrisco wrote: Image

She turned into a hottie.
You can tell from that 1/2"x1/2" photo? :?
Killian

Post by Killian »

I'm just talking about the things he did at MSU while I was there. Nothing that you can google, but talking to friends who were athletic tutors, and another who worked in the football office told stories that weren't very flattering of Saban. And not in the "he yelled at us" kind of way.

Nick loves to live in the grey area of everything.
bradhusker
Certified Cockologist

Post by bradhusker »

Papa Willie wrote:Like I've always said, folks - they're all doing it. What we're seeing now might be the beginning of a major blowup - where just about every school gets busted.
that kind of shit may go on at other schools, but not at the university of Nebraska my friend. The Nebraska football program is about as clean as clean gets, Dr. Tom runs a fine program, always has.

miami, on the other hand , is as dirty as dirty gets, always has been, and always will be, BUT, I loved when nebraska went into miami's fairy crib in the 95 orange bowl, despite miami having an NFL defense with future hall of famers warren sapp and ray lewis, nebraska physically ran the rock right down fag miami's throat.

I was there, I know firsthand, I even got to beat the fuck piss outta some miami fags after the game. It seems they didnt want to let us leave, BIG mistake. Imagine? sissy canes fans wanting to pick a fight with 3 nebraska corn fed studs?
Needless to say, those miami fans now sip there food thru straws, :evil:
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

The ONLY justice would be to allow Mike Garrett to chair the Committee On Infractions in Miamis case.
Jeff in SD
Elwood

Post by Jeff in SD »

Yes because Nebraska shines with great alums like Laurence Phillips.

Frankly I see this as the beginning of the end of the NCAA having any authority over college football. Whether it be the super conferences, already haing a National Chmapionship not run by the NCAA, and bug college football powers eventually telling the NCAA to piss off when they tell them they can not play football,
mvscal wrote:That's because you're inhaling black cock faster than your fat wife inhales cheesecakes.
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

http://wearesc.com/news/story.php?article=4633
The news on Tuesday hit like a ton of bricks. The allegations were staggering as a former University of Miami booster detailed a laundry list of violations that stretched far and wide through the Hurricane athletic program.
You will excuse USC Trojan fans if they are still picking their jaws up off the floor after reading all the sordid details because, you see, the man in charge of the Miami athletic department at the time all this was happening (Paul Dee) is the same man who sat in judgment of the Trojans in the Reggie Bush/OJ Mayo case.

It was Dee who led the NCAA Committee on Infractions as they handed USC the stiffest sanctions since the SMU death penalty. It was Dee who said he was “troubled” by the campus atmosphere at USC and that “high profile players deserve high profile compliance.”

To have Paul Dee now be at the center of these latest charges is beyond outrageous to Trojan fans, and who can blame them?

It’s amazing to think that at the time Dee was wagging his finger at USC, and speaking condescendingly about the wrongs that had been committed, he was allowing a rogue booster to run unchecked in the very department he led.

And I hope Mr. Dee doesn’t try to hide behind any claims of naivete because this isn’t his first rodeo. Remember the Pell Grant scandal that hit the Canes in the 80’s? Trojan fans do. Guess who was in charge of the athletic department then -- Paul Dee. With his inactions in this latest case Dee takes the NCAA term “repeat violator” to a whole new level.

It’s amazing to think that Dee’s response to these latest charges, in an interview with the Palm Beach Post, is to refer to former booster Shapiro as a “very interested fan” and to claim “we didn’t have any suspicion that he was doing anything like this.”

Really?

Dee told USC that they “should have known” about the potential for violations with Reggie Bush. Perhaps Dee should have known that Shapiro arranged for prostitutes for players, gave them cash and threw parties for them at his home and on his yacht. Perhaps he should have known about Shapiro’s role in an agency that represented former Canes. At the very least Dee should have known that Shapiro was getting out of control when the booster angrily confronted a Miami compliance official in the press box at a home football game.

Dee banned USC boosters from the Trojan sidelines because they....well, I read the entire USC sanctions report against Bush and I still can’t find any violations connected to a Trojan booster. He hammered the USC football program for violations that involved one player and a man who had no connection to the university. Shapiro claims to have extended benefits to 72 former Miami players and at one point his donations to the athletic department were so significant that it resulted in his name being placed on the Hurricane student-athlete lounge.

This situation stinks. It stinks a lot. NCAA president Mark Emmert recently held a summit where he pledged to get tough on violators, to make penalties stiff enough that member schools and personnel don’t want to take the risk of wrongdoing. Well, Mr. Emmert, here is case number one, time for you to go to work.

One of the first things Emmert should do is place a call to USC athletic director Pat Haden. The same Pat Haden who is an impeccable example of everything Emmert claims he wants a student-athlete to be. The same Pat Haden who has spent the past year bending over backwards to be compliant to the NCAA, even while some members of his own Trojan Family have criticized him for not taking a more aggressive stance against the harsh penalties which were handed down to USC.

Haden has tried to do right by Emmert and the NCAA, now it’s time for Emmert to return the favor. For the sake of USC, for the sake of college football, this matter needs to be addressed and it needs to be addressed soon. Anything less would make a mockery of an already ugly situation.
R-Jack
Non Sequitur Legend

Post by R-Jack »

Goddamn Toejam.

Miami is going to get shithammered to the point of extinction and you still can't stop melting. Is there like a little troll that runs underneath your legs and lights your fucking vag on fire every time another school commits an infraction?

What part of "not talking about my team at least when the shit hits the fan" is so fucking hard for you to understand?