Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

US Open

Post by Felix »

you know the drill
winner
dark horse
any other relevant observation

winner: Luke Donald (yeah I know it's cliche, but this guy is way too good to have not won a major by now-probably the best iron player in the game right now)
dark horse: Dustin Johnson (his length will ge a big advantage at Congressional)

over/under on how many times tiggers name will be brought up within the first 2 hours of coverage
get out, get out while there's still time
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Re: US Open

Post by Goober McTuber »

Winner: Adam Scott

Dark horse: Steve Stricker

Darker horse: Jerry Kelly (I saw him at the Little League diamonds last night so I'm guessing he didn't qualify)
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

Winner - Mickelson

Dark horse - Bubba Watson
Dreams......Temporary Madness
DallasFanatic
Nobody's Punk

Post by DallasFanatic »

Winner - Padraig Rory 8)
Darkhorse Duzit Matter
Last edited by DallasFanatic on Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

7,500+ yards. 7 par 4s that go better than 460 yards, 5 of them on the back side.
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Winner: Y E Yang
Dark Horse: Jeff Overton
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

Congressional is a big hitters paradise. Or at least as much of a paradise as is possible with a USGA setup.

Winner - Hefty

Dark Horse - Bubba Watson
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

Winner - Stricker

Dark Horse - Cabrera
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Fuck it -- I'll go with that Schwartzkopf dude who won the Masters (or did he win the first Gulf War... I'm confused).

Majors are a time for those with well-packed scrotums, and I'm surprised that dude could even swing a golf club during the Masters, since his swelled up to shutyomouth-proportions that Sunday in April.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Irie Gazos wrote:Majors are a time for those with well-packed scrotums, and I'm surprised that dude could even swing a golf club during the Masters, since his swelled up to shutyomouth-proportions that Sunday in April.
We don't care to know how big or swollen [sounds like a .net troll name]shutyomouth's Scrotum[/sounds like a .net troll name] is.
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

is McIlroy even playing the same course?
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

Felix wrote:is McIlroy even playing the same course?
It would appear not. If he puts up one more round like the last 2, he'll be able to shot a 43 on Sunday's back 9 and STILL win going away.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

How'd that work out for McIlroy last time?
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

Dinsdale wrote:How'd that work out for McIlroy last time?
at the time, I knew he was going to fold....this time I can say pretty confidently that I think this time is definitely different.....and the course isn't nearly as difficult as Augusta....I say he wins going away
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

FUCKING DOUCHEBAGS wrote:GET IN THE HOLE!
E-fukking-nough.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Rack the lad.
The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

Nice tournament for UCLA representation. Low amateur, tie for low American (Chappell), and Brandt Jobe played well.....
E UNUM PLURIBUS
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

holy shit, there's winning, there's kicking ass, and then there's what Rory did to one of the best fields in golf on one tough ass course and making it look easy.....

I have the distinct feeling I saw the start of an extraordinary career today
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Watching the Golf Channel earlier in the day, and they were discussing a matchup between Tiger Woods (circa 2000) and Rory McIlroy today. David Feherty says Rory would hand Tiger his arse. Not sure I buy that, though I’d pay to see it.

Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

I will never watch another tournament on NBC. Christ almighty, hands down the worst coverage of any major sport, is NBC's golf coverage.
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

I liked Rory’s interview after the third round. Somebody asked him about Padraig’s comment that Rory would be the one to catch Jack. Rory starts shaking his head slowly, going, “Paddy, Paddy, Paddy....”

Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Yeah, too bad he didn't drop in a Dirty Mick blast or anything. That's exactly what golf needs right now: rivalries tinged with ethnic strife.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Goober McTuber wrote:I liked Rory’s interview after the third round. Somebody asked him about Padraig’s comment that Rory would be the one to catch Jack. Rory starts shaking his head slowly, going, “Paddy, Paddy, Paddy....”
No doubt he's mature beyond his years, it's really tough to find anything not to like about him.
buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

I had Rory all the way...

Well the 2000 Eldrick shot 15 under the next NEAREST was +1...you could make the case Congressional played a "little" easier due to lack of sun to really bake those greens and the rough at Pebble in 2000 seemed much more penalizing...

but I would definitely pay to see these two at those stages of their careers...I would give Rory the nod in Length and course management, but dang Eldrick of 2000 had SOME AMAZING SHOTS and the flat stick was unreal...
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

War Wagon wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote:I liked Rory’s interview after the third round. Somebody asked him about Padraig’s comment that Rory would be the one to catch Jack. Rory starts shaking his head slowly, going, “Paddy, Paddy, Paddy....”
No doubt he's mature beyond his years, it's really tough to find anything not to like about him.
Other than the fact the he looks like Joanie Cunningham.

Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

buckeye_in_sc wrote:I had Rory all the way...

Well the 2000 Eldrick shot 15 under the next NEAREST was +1...you could make the case Congressional played a "little" easier due to lack of sun to really bake those greens and the rough at Pebble in 2000 seemed much more penalizing...

but I would definitely pay to see these two at those stages of their careers...I would give Rory the nod in Length and course management, but dang Eldrick of 2000 had SOME AMAZING SHOTS and the flat stick was unreal...

I somewhat agree.

What Rory did was insane. I still don't think it was as insane as Eldrick 2000.

Really hard to say (obviously... why don't we just toss Jack in there to make it even more hypothetical and nonsensical). What did Rory hit for bad shots ... like 3 in 72 holes (that's nothing -- I can hit 3 bad shots on one hole)? He's the last guy you'd ask about the condition of the rough, since hisa ball was never freaking there.

But as mentioned, when Eldrick2000 had it going, he wasn't following the mower quite as closely as Rory, but it didn't matter -- he could GIR from the next fairway over. And as mentioned, dude was dropping putts from all over the yard, like no one I've ever seen. Jack was likely a better tee-to-green player, but Gatos' putting was the greatest. If he could get a little of that mojo going, he'd be right back up on top.
buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

Exactly Dins...I mean you look at the Master's...he had some burn edges and shit...I know that happens but in his Saturday round dude had so many close putts...that to me is the BIGGEST difference...I mean see Pebble 2000, Fucking Vallhalla where he is running after his ball as soon as he hits the mother fucker...

the thing is Rory is pretty much hitting fairways when he is not vomiting on himself (sup Sunday Augusta)...and Eldrick is a little wayward...although for me again that set up at Pebble 2000 was pretty nasty if I can remember the rough was insane...plus the greens were nice and fast and dry...

yeah it is pretty non-sensical...I mean just the balls between 2000 and now are completely different then the clubs themselves...woah...

Screw...I agree...enough with get in the hole...at least you don't hear...YOU DA MAN GET IN THE HOLE...
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

Screw_Michigan wrote:I will never watch another tournament on NBC. Christ almighty, hands down the worst coverage of any major sport, is NBC's golf coverage.
yep.....
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

I don't care what sporting event it is -- the easiest way to make it completely unwatchable is to add...

Bob Costas.

He's just fucking awful.

And it doesn't matter what sporting event he's "covering," somehow, at some point, he's going to spout off with...

"This is reminiscent of Game 4 of the 1927 World Series... it was the 6th inning... the game tied at 3... the great Babe Ruth stepped to the plate... the first pitch was a breaking ball, low and away, for a 1-0 count... next, a fastball down the middle for a strike-looking..."

The only redeeming thing about him is his ineptness -- when I'm watching the horror-show that is NBC Sports with friends, as soon as his arrogant mug shows up on the screen, we all start doing our Coastas rundown of the 1927 World Series, pitch-by-pitch... because we were in attendance in 1927... just like Coastas apparently was.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

buckeye_in_sc wrote:although for me again that set up at Pebble 2000 was pretty nasty if I can remember the rough was insane...

Yeah, but with all the roids with his physique, dude used to bomb a 4 iron 240 out of 6" grass.

If I tried to rip one that hard out of that much shag, I'd likely be sporting an elbow brace for a couple of months.

Do we really wonder why his body went to shit?

And frankly, as hard as Rory smokes it, I doubt he'll be doing much by the time he hits 40... but you never know.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Dinsdale wrote:The only redeeming thing about him is his ineptness -- when I'm watching the horror-show that is NBC Sports with friends, as soon as his arrogant mug shows up on the screen, we all start doing our Coastas rundown of the 1927 World Series, pitch-by-pitch... because we were in attendance in 1927...
Nice to know there's some guys here that are my age.