Luke Fickell

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

Luke Fickell

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

Tough road for him obviously...he re-confirmed some committments yesterday (obviously subject to change)...

I am a little torn on this...he had an offer to be DC at ND a couple years back but decided to stay in Columbus...he is 37, played at OSU and the kids love him...what I gather from the insiders...he is a no-nonsense type of guy and is much more of the animated variety (hopefully not Mike Gundy animated, but still)...guess the kids love him and the incoming class is all standing firm...

He is in a tough spot...he obviously is a Buckeye Guy...knows the tradition, etc...but what if he fails? You just basically lost 2 years...what if he suceeds? Then you might have a guy who will be around for awhile...

just thinking out loud I guess...I am sort of on the fence with the move...USC went and got Lane (so they are set when the sanctions lift) and still got great recruiting classes...so not sure why OSU chose this road...
M Club
el capitán

Re: Luke Fickell

Post by M Club »

who are they going to hire in june?

i was er about brady hoke but he's done a great job so far (even though they haven't actually played any games yet). if fickell works out similarly you'll have the few months we've had of hoke + 15 years for not being so fucking old.
buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

well...more thinking back to say March or whatever...had something been done then...who knows...

hey if you want a coach bad enough you can get him...just an opinion...

I hope Luke does work out...like I said...he is 37 and seems to have a good rapport with the players and what not...the only issue...never been a full time coordinator at a major place (was LB coach and asst DC)...so big role
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

buckeye_in_sc wrote: hey if you want a coach bad enough you can get him...just an opinion...
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

tressel was what, your 419th choice? notre dame's a plum job that comes open every three or four years and look how rocky their searches tend to be. i used to think michigan could just line 'em up and shoot them down, but between hoke and dickrod we probably had 20 separate thanks but no thanks (including your boy fitzgerald) and perhaps as many as 28 if you count the people who turned us down twice.
Killian
Good crossing pattern target

Post by Killian »

Sudden Sam wrote:Wish I could recall who it was in here suggesting Alabama wasn't a plum job any more when we hired Saban.
JON, surprised?
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
Jobocky
Elwood

Post by Jobocky »

I'm actually looking forward to seeing a new, younger take on the Buckeyes. I'm kind of excited. I appreciate what Tressel did for the program post -Cooper. Cooper brought us to the brink but couldn't finish. Tressel finished (at least once) and they were ready to play most every week (not counting Wisconsin). Wisconsin for Tressel was Michigan for Cooper.

I think all Buckeye fans have to admit Tressel's act was getting a little old. The FG play calling ... the punt being the most important play ... sitting on leads, etc. I know the staff is the same, but I think Fickell will bring new life to the program. I understand sanctions are coming, but it still means something to kids from the Ohio area to play for OSU and there's a lot of talent in this state ... there will still be talent at Ohio State. I'm hoping for a Fitzgerald or Beilema situation ,,
"There's nothing that cleanses your soul like getting the hell kicked out of you."
Woody Hayes / Ohio State
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Jobocky wrote:I appreciate what Tressel did for the program post -Cooper.
I have a feeling you may change your mind. tO$U is going to get buttfucked in the mouth with a shit covered cock freshly pulled out of Cinder's backgash.
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...