Summer Vacation

It's the 19th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Dan Vogel
FBI Informant

Summer Vacation

Post by Dan Vogel »

Well we settled on our vacation site for this year. We're going to make the trip up to Wisconsin Dells. It's a place we've had our eye on for a few years now but always went somewhere else instead. The kids are at the age where this kind of location might soon seem to childish for them. At least for my daughter. So we are going to do it right now while we can. In July. Looks like tons of water activities to choose from. Weather should be great in the summer. I'm looking forward to it. If anyone has been there or wants to give any feedback about it feel free. We will be driving in the week after the 4th of July week. The week of the 11th. I wouldn't mind seeing gas prices drop a little before we head out. Pretty high right now.

I have a miserable life and wish I were dead!
Moby Dick
2017 JAFFL Champ

Re: Summer Vacation

Post by Moby Dick »

our family vacaysh is about to end...spending the last day here in MS then heading out first thing in the morning.

The gulfcoast is definatly rebuilding nicely..altho..i'm sure it wont last long. My wife is dying to move back down here and to be honest..i wouldnt mind either..but in the end i feel it wouldnt be worth it at all.

On to the seafood festival!!!
Mac22
Elwood

Post by Mac22 »

during the week lines won't be as bad but parks will still be packed. nearly all of the hotels have deals with the different parks for passes as well. some will be with Noah's Ark, the others with Mt. Olympus. Noah's Ark has a lot more water rides (better too), but Mt. Olympus has go karts and other distractions that are inlcuded in admission. If you're staying at any of the larger hotels like Kalahari or Great Wolf, they have their own smaller parks attached.

besides that, riding the Ducks are fun to do, and a good way to break up the days at the water parks. If you golf, there are some great courses nearby (Trappers Turn).
"Statistics are like bikinis. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital."

If teachers made twice as much as rock stars, which would you rather be?

There are two motivations in sports... which one is yours?

MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Mac22 wrote:during the week lines won't be as bad but parks will still be packed. nearly all of the hotels have deals with the different parks for passes as well. some will be with Noah's Ark, the others with Mt. Olympus. Noah's Ark has a lot more water rides (better too), but Mt. Olympus has go karts and other distractions that are inlcuded in admission. If you're staying at any of the larger hotels like Kalahari or Great Wolf, they have their own smaller parks attached.

besides that, riding the Ducks are fun to do, and a good way to break up the days at the water parks. If you golf, there are some great courses nearby (Trappers Turn).
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

going to the US Open at Congressional with my pops. He's a USGA rules official and I'll be rolling in the USGA tent all week (practice rounds, too). went to the 04 Open at Pinehurst, pretty sweet ride being a "USGA Guest". then, visit a college buddy in New Hampshire for a couple days afterwards.

i guess that's my Summer vaca....other than the odd camping weekend or day trip into Indian Peaks Wilderness (CO).
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
Moby Dick
2017 JAFFL Champ

Post by Moby Dick »

just fucked up a huge dish of boiled crab, crawfish, shrimp, taters, corn on cob, shrooms and garlic...and now i gotta drive 12 hrs back to oklahoma.

:evil:
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Moby Dick wrote:just fucked up a huge dish of boiled crab, crawfish, shrimp, taters, corn on cob, shrooms and garlic...and now i gotta drive 12 hrs back to oklahoma.

pity the fukker that's gotta ride in the same car with you.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
Dan Vogel
FBI Informant

Post by Dan Vogel »

I have had my eye on a gulf coast vacation for a long time but probably not until later after the kids are old and gone. Something for my wife and I to enjoy some years down the road. Lots of fishing and outdoor fun that they wouldn't be that excited about. It will be great for us one day.
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

King Crimson wrote:going to the US Open at Congressional with my pops. He's a USGA rules official and I'll be rolling in the USGA tent all week (practice rounds, too). went to the 04 Open at Pinehurst, pretty sweet ride being a "USGA Guest". then, visit a college buddy in New Hampshire for a couple days afterwards.

i guess that's my Summer vaca....other than the odd camping weekend or day trip into Indian Peaks Wilderness (CO).
Very nice to be able to do a major tournament with the VIP treatment. When the Open was at Torrey Pines in 2008 we had passes from my son-in-law's employer (at the time), which is a major sponsor. Free shuttle from an off-site parking lot, free food and drinks all day in the hospitality tent, and lots of promotional shit - golf balls, umbrellas, hats, tote bags, sweaters, etc. Definitely the way to go if you have the chance, we saw three rounds but unfortunately couldn't go to the Monday playoff.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

I'm taking a trip out to Congressional on Saturday to buy a shirt. Other than that, no tournament for me. Might call in sick to check out a practice round.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Trampis
Eternal Scobode

Post by Trampis »

Moby Dick wrote:just fucked up a huge dish of boiled crab, crawfish, shrimp, taters, corn on cob, shrooms and garlic...and now i gotta drive 12 hrs back to oklahoma.

Brother and sister in-law go to Puget sound every year and bring back a ton of fresh crab, clams etc. Last summer somebody left the freezer door open on a hot sunny day in July...the seafood all thawed and went bad. Sucked for them.
Bad spelling is a diversionary tactic
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Dan Vogel wrote:Well we settled on our vacation site for this year. We're going to make the trip up to Wisconsin Dells. It's a place we've had our eye on for a few years now but always went somewhere else instead. The kids are at the age where this kind of location might soon seem to childish for them. At least for my daughter.
Nonsense, Dan. There will be all kinds of teenage boys finger-banging your little princess as she floats down the Lazy River. It will be the time of her life.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

Mikey wrote:
King Crimson wrote:going to the US Open at Congressional with my pops. He's a USGA rules official and I'll be rolling in the USGA tent all week (practice rounds, too). went to the 04 Open at Pinehurst, pretty sweet ride being a "USGA Guest". then, visit a college buddy in New Hampshire for a couple days afterwards.

Very nice to be able to do a major tournament with the VIP treatment. When the Open was at Torrey Pines in 2008 we had passes from my son-in-law's employer (at the time), which is a major sponsor. Free shuttle from an off-site parking lot, free food and drinks all day in the hospitality tent, and lots of promotional shit - golf balls, umbrellas, hats, tote bags, sweaters, etc. Definitely the way to go if you have the chance, we saw three rounds but unfortunately couldn't go to the Monday playoff.
it's mos def pretty sweet. dad's been going/working the Open for 20 years now. when Mickelson blocks it off the planet on 18 at Winged Foot, my dad is like 12 feet away. he said that shot was so far left off the club head, it almost defied physics. it's kind of a hobby for him....but, he's paid his dues....setting pins at the Oklahoma State Junior all through the 80's, or spending his weekend as the Rules guy at the OK State Mid-Am qualifier....for years. he's asked me a couple times since 04, but i was teaching a summer class. i was going to hold out for Olympic Club for next year....but, pops is making noises like this might be his last year.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

King Crimson wrote:pops is making noises like this might be his last year.
Who's got him in the Death Pool?

T & P, BTW.
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

missjo
I'm a Fucking Princess

Post by missjo »

I'm off to the UK, Paris & Santorini for 4 weeks
I fly out in just under 2 weeks
followed by 11 days in LA & San Francisco/Napa valley
sometimes it just sucks to be me :P
You just can't fix stupid...trust me I've tried
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Post by Shlomart Ben Yisrael »

missjo wrote: I fly out in just under 2 weeks
Will you be released before or after "Shine On You Crazy Diamond"?

rock rock to the planet rock ... don't stop
Felix wrote:you've become very bitter since you became jewish......
Kierland drop-kicking Wolftard wrote: Aren’t you part of the silent generation?
Why don’t you just STFU.
missjo
I'm a Fucking Princess

Post by missjo »

I went to see Floyd back in "88 & the giant flying pig they had at that concert was definitely a boy
it had HUGE balls
Yeah I'm old
But I'm not doing too bad for 41
You just can't fix stupid...trust me I've tried
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

missjo wrote: i had HUGE balls
:shock:
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Screw_Michigan wrote:
:mrgreen:
:meds:

pron
Elwood

Post by pron »

Image Image Image
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Goober McTuber wrote:
Screw_Michigan wrote:
:mrgreen:
:meds:
Yeah, it was a joke, dumbfuck.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

And a piss poor one at that.

Jerkovich
Please pay attention to Me

Post by Jerkovich »

pron wrote:Image Image Image
No we've seen the rest of you. Yikers.
Cuda
IKYABWAI

Post by Cuda »

^^^ Gaymo^^^
WacoFan wrote:Flying any airplane that you can hear the radio over the roaring radial engine is just ghey anyway.... Of course, Cirri are the Miata of airplanes..
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Dan Vogel
FBI Informant

Post by Dan Vogel »

I would consider that an isolated incident and don't even know if we will attend that facility. It's exactly three weeks until we leave. I can't wait and hope for great weather.

Have a nice week!