Jamaican Jerk Pork Chops

"Hey Mikey"

Moderator: Mikey

mvscal
Blank

Jamaican Jerk Pork Chops

Post by mvscal »

Something a little different than your standard BBQ. I made this for my FUCKING FAMILY. It was pretty good for a change of pace. The paste will make enough for four large, thick chops and the sauce.

Jerk Paste:

1 or 2 scotch bonnet or habenero peppers seeded and chopped. (I used only one hab and the heat was at pussy level. I'll use two next time.)

3 bunches green onions (whites and light green bits only you can reserve the greens to garnish black beans if you want)

2 cloves garlic roughly chopped
1 tsp thyme
3/4 tsp allspice
1/4 tsp ground ginger
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1.5 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
~1 tbs vegetable oil

Mix the spices and combine with the peppers, onions and garlic in a mini processor and grind into a puree. Add the oil and pulse to mix.

BBQ Sauce:

1 cup KC style BBQ sauce. I used KC Masterpiece Original and suggest you do the same.
1 tbs jerk paste.

Mix the shit up.

Spread remaining paste on the chops and let them marinate at least 45 minutes to an hour at room temp. Fire them sumbitches up on the grill and baste with sauce off grill.

I served with black beans, bread, a salad and Hornsby's Crisp Apple Cider.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Re: Jamaican Jerk Pork Chops

Post by Mikey »

The wife (who won't eat anything spicy) is leaving town Friday for the long weekend, and I'll be on my own. Thinking of having "the guys" over for a Sunday afternoon bbq and beer drowning. My plan is to smoke some ribs, and I may finish some of them with this stuff. Sounds tasty.