RIP Michigan State hockey

Get the Puck out of here...

Moderator: Shoalzie

Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

RIP Michigan State hockey

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Michigan State University decided its hockey program was not worthy of success by hiring a coach with a pathetically small amount of legitimate coaching experience. I'm surprised Wisconsin didn't beat them to this. MSU hired CCHA Commissioner Tom Anastos, former MSU player with the following head coaching experience: three years as a club coach at Mich-Dearborn and two years as a Ron Mason assistant in the early 90s. Basically being away from the bench for 16 years, he was CCHA commish from 98 on.

So MSU ran Rick Comley, who won a national title in 07 (his 2nd), because of three bad years, for this? No Danton Cole? No George Gwoz? No Bob Daniels? Neither of Jeff Jackson's assistants? Unreal. Former WMU coach Jim Culhane was more qualified for this job than Anastos. Wonder how he greased the wheels to get MSU into the new Big 11 league.

Shocking hire, to say the least. Looks like MSU wanted to give Penn State and Wisconsin yearly competition for the basement of the Big 11 league. For fucks sake.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Re: RIP Michigan State hockey

Post by Goober McTuber »

Wisconsin doesn’t hire coaches with minimal experience to coach their men’s team. Just ask Mark Johnson. Wisconsin will immediately be the premier team in Big 10 hockey, along with Minnesota. Don’t get so giddy just because they had a down season this year. This was a rebuilding year; next year they will be back in the NCAA tournament. Enjoy your one-year aberration of a hockey season.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Goober McTuber wrote:along with Minnesota
:meds:

You obviously don't know many Gopher fans, nor watch much hockey outside of your Madison bubble.
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Screw_Michigan wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote:along with Minnesota
:meds:

You obviously don't know many Gopher fans, nor watch much hockey outside of your Madison bubble.
I know they are a long-time, quality WCHA program. WCHA has dominated the NCAA hockey tournament since....forever.
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Nice deflection, dipshit. Minnesota hasn't made the tournament since 2008.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Hey, they play in the collegiate hockey meatgrinder. They'll certainly be back by 2013.

MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

AD Mark Hollis has done a good job at MSU, all things considered, but this was a bizarre move. If Anastos works out Hollis will be viewed as a genius, but more than likely, will be viewed as a total dumbfuck.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Hollis is viewed as a dumbfuck by most MSU fans anyway (right?) so I bet he figured he had nothing to lose.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

No, he's not. He's a fairly popular guy. Took some flack by some for the re-branding thing, and deservedly so, but that has pretty much passed.