Nice going, Dallas.

talking about who was arrested today

Moderators: Shoalzie, Biggie

poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Nice going, Dallas.

Post by poptart »

I'm sure you know by now that ticket holders made the trip to Dallas only to find out at the last minute that they wouldn't be able to watch the game.

Not four ticket holders.
Not forty ticket holders.
But four hundred ticket holders were fucked in the @ss in this debacle.

Got shuffled to the basement to watch the game on television. lolz

Here is Jerrah's surreal statement on the matter:

Cowboys Stadium was designed with the versatility to be fully capable accommodating the number of seats that were scheduled to be in place for Super Bowl XLV. The stadium configuration was part of the Host Committee bid that was approved by the NFL owners in 2007. The NFL, the Host Committee, the Cowboys, and the City of Arlington worked closely to ensure as safe and as enjoyable experience for as many fans as possible.

"The incomplete installation of temporary seats left a limited number of sections unusable for yesterday's game. Manpower and timing issues caused inconveniences to some fans. At the end of the preparations, approximately 400 fans attending the game were not able to watch from those installed seats. We deeply regret their Super Bowl experience was impacted by this error, and we share that responsibility with the NFL. We will also continue to work closely with the NFL in its complete review of Super Bowl XLV.

"At the end of the day, the game on the field, and the stadium where it was played, exceeded the high level of expectation that the Super Bowl presents. It was a great game in a great venue, and it was an experience that will begin the process of bringing future Super Bowls to North Texas. Our region displayed the type of tremendous commitment of resources, services, enthusiasm, and hospitality that validates our community as a most worthy home to this wonderful event in the years to come.

"Our collective goals all along were to ensure that more than 103,000 people would be able to have an enjoyable game day experience on Super Bowl Sunday while also being a part of an event that ultimately produced the largest television audience for any program ever.
We are very proud of the collective efforts of all of the North Texas communities that worked tirelessly to present this event in a very successful manner. It was an effort that also involved overcoming some challenges presented by Mother Nature that had an effect on not only our region, but millions of people all over the country. In addition, we cannot say enough about the level of help and cooperation the City of Arlington provided us during our Super Bowl planning and game presentation.''

UN fucking real.

Spent the bulk of the statement stroking himself (and the Dallas area) off.

"Inconvenience" to some fans.
Were not able to watch from those seats.
Their Super Bowl experience was impacted by the error.

Gee, ya think?

That's all?

Great show, asshole.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Re: Nice going, Dallas.

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Used to think Danny Boy Snyder was only capable of fucking up something to this preposterous level. Way to go, Jerrah. Way to go, NFL.

Aside from the game itself, the NFL is a fucking disgrace.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
DallasFanatic
Nobody's Punk

Post by DallasFanatic »

Jerry Jones was not responsible for the stadium seats being installed for the Superbowl. The NFL assumes that role every year for every Superbowl hosting stadium.

Jerry's just stroking himself, because, well he can.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Meh...the only ones who should :shock: FEEL THE OUTRAGE / :shock: are the 400 or so who got shit on. I think the NFL response of paying them back 3 times face value and a ticket to next year's super bowl was weak. Those people lost out on travel, probably already paid at least 3 times face value, and most likely won't have a dog in the fight in next year's super bowl so why pay for the travel again?

The NFL should have offered each person a couple season tickets to the team of their choice as well as pay their entire super bowl trip. Drop in the bucket for them.
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Post by ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 »

DallasFanatic wrote:Jerry Jones was not responsible for the stadium seats being installed for the Superbowl. The NFL assumes that role every year for every Superbowl hosting stadium.
:meds:

It's his house... it's his responsibility for fixing any problems. The NFL knew a week beforehand there may be issues with the seats. To me, that means Jones must have known as well. What, if anything, did he do prevent this from happening?
DallasFanatic
Nobody's Punk

Post by DallasFanatic »

I know everyone wants to pile on Jerry, but this is the NFL's issue. That's the bottom line. Jerry was told that the seating arrangement could be accommodated. The fire marshall said it couldn't. Anyone who has ever had to deal with fire marshall's knows that each and every one has their own opinion, and this MAY be the case. I don't know and quite honeestly I don't care.

Now the NFL has pulled their heads from their asses and offered those who didn't have a seat a superbowl ticket to any Superbowl of their choice. They also have the option to decide on that game after the championship games so they can guarantee their team is in it. Hotel and airline accommodations are included so the NFL stepped up.
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Post by ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 »

DallasFanatic wrote:I know everyone wants to pile on Jerry, but this is the NFL's issue. That's the bottom line. Jerry was told that the seating arrangement could be accommodated. The fire marshall said it couldn't.
I see.

So Jones was lying when he said it was a timing and manpower issue that caused the... inconvenience?
DallasFanatic
Nobody's Punk

Post by DallasFanatic »

ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 wrote:
DallasFanatic wrote:I know everyone wants to pile on Jerry, but this is the NFL's issue. That's the bottom line. Jerry was told that the seating arrangement could be accommodated. The fire marshall said it couldn't.
I see.

So Jones was lying when he said it was a timing and manpower issue that caused the... inconvenience?
No, the timing of the fire marshall's decision (which was last minute...shocker) and the corresponding lack of time to assemble decent manpower may have had something to do with it. But who wants to piss off a fire marshall? Nobody, cause he can make your life a living hell.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

DallasFanatic wrote:Anyone who has ever had to deal with fire marshall's knows that each and every one has their own opinion, and this MAY be the case.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Fans from Pennsylvania and Texas filed a federal class-action lawsuit yesterday on behalf of disappointed Super Bowl ticket holders who were turned away last weekend because of problems with temporary seats installed at Cowboys Stadium.

Named as defendants in the civil lawsuit are the Dallas Cowboys, their owner Jerry Jones, the National Football League and four companies connected to the team or its stadium in Arlington. The lawsuit was filed in the U.S. District Court in Dallas.

Steve Sims of Lycoming County is one of about 400 people who bought tickets and traveled to North Texas only to be told the stadium didn’t have a seat for him, the lawsuit states.

Mike Dolabi of Tarrant County, Texas, is a member of the “Founders of Cowboys Stadium,” a group with members who paid $100,000 each to help build the stadium in return for a guarantee of seats with the “best sightlines in the stadium,” the lawsuit states.

Dolabi and other group members, instead, were assigned Super Bowl seating on metal folding chairs in an area with an obstructed view, the lawsuit states.

The Cowboys offered Sims and other displaced ticket holders a refund of triple the face value of their tickets, or about $2,400 for the $800 tickets, and tickets to next year’s Super Bowl.

That amount doesn’t cover what many of them even paid for the tickets, much less their travel costs, the lawsuit claims. The team has not offered the Founders members any compensation, the lawsuit states.

The consumer lawsuit seeks compensatory damages for the ticket holders’ financial losses and asks that damages be tripled because Jones, the NFL and the team violated the Texas Deceptive Trade Practices Act. The lawsuit also seeks punitive damages.

The plaintiffs are represented by the Newport Beach, Calif., law firm of Eagan Avenatti LLP.
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Cosmo Kramer
Troublemaker
Location: Smack dab in the middle of a fucking immigration free-for-all

Post by Cosmo Kramer »

Goober McCut and Paste.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Cosmo Kramitupyourfucking ass.

poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

DFan wrote:I know everyone wants to pile on Jerry
I'm just piling on Jerrah for his statement.
DallasFanatic
Nobody's Punk

Post by DallasFanatic »

Jerry's ass kissing is with good reason. He will be lobbying to host Superbowl L and having all the necessary players (dallas community and NFL) on his good side is a good thing. So he ends up sharing a couple million bucks with the NFL. Big f'ing deal, even if he doesn't win that bid. But if he does, than a couple million is pennies on the dollar when it comes to the mulah he rakes in for another superbowl hosting party. However, my understanding was that this is the NFL's deal legally, so it'll be interesting to see how this plays out. I imagine somethign settled out of court pretty quickly.

If Dallas gets the bid for Superbowl L, hopefully this time he will be able to accommodate the 105K.

:D
kcdave
crusader

Post by kcdave »

Any dumb fuck that would pay $800.00 face, or lord only knows what some of those sheep paid for a seat in the clouds, is asking for what ever they got. If Im paying two, or three grand, you better have me on my sofa swinging around on the cable that holds the field cam, getting my dick sucked by a couple of playboy playmates. Oh yea, and I better be calling the plays.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Everyone knows that the Super Bowl stadium is filled each year with fat cat 'executives' who don't know jack shit about football.
The game isn't anything to them.
They're just at Super Bowl week to get their party on - to get trashed and chase some 13-year-old down the street.[/LT]

But these people who got hosed out of their seats were some of the real football fans.

If the NFL had any interest in doing right, they would have yanked 400 of the 'executive' fucksticks out of their seats and sat these poor CUSTOMERS down so they could watch the game.

I know, I know - that's a fantasy.
Maybe even more of a fantasy than the vision of Cosmo Kramer ever producing a take which does not suck totally.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

poptart wrote:If the NFL had any interest in doing right, they would have yanked 400 of the 'executive' fucksticks out of their seats and sat these poor CUSTOMERS down so they could watch the game.
Republicans don't do their own like that.
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

how do you 'spose they would fare in court?

seems to me they could claim all their travel expenses, ticket cost, lost work expense and maybe 10 grand or so for being inconvenienced.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

I have no idea the total cost for a 2-4 day trip to the SB but I would say if the NFL offered those who missed out $12-14k, that would be more than fair.