Nuggets playoff thread

The Pro Hoopstahs

Moderator: Moorese

d-townmike
"Q-Town"

Nuggets playoff thread

Post by d-townmike »

I am stoked about the Nuggets in the playoffs this year that I needed to start my own thread. What a game against Portland this was tonight! Didn't look good early on, it was looking like it would end up being a lot like the past two games vs Phoenix and Houston, but the defense decided to kick things up and actually play! Awesome to close out the regular season on a winning note in front of the home crowd no less, and hopefully this energy will carry on into the next game.

It's absolutely amazing that the buzz around town is about the Nuggets! At this time of year, that's the last thing people worry about. Hell, normally the Rockies get more pub.

Game one @ San Antonio is on Sunday evening! I'm actually worried a bit considering the Nuggets usually don't play their best vs the Spurs. It's basically offense vs Tim Duncan.

I'm being positive that the Nuggets will stay in this series and pull it off in game 7! George Karl has completely turned around this team and he has an extensive resume which does include a couple of championships and several appearances in the finals.

GO NUGGETS!
MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan
Baby Bitch

Post by MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan »

As a CO native, I'd like to say that I'm a life-long Nuggets fan, but I was sort of a fair weather NBA fan until the late 90s. I always cheered for the Lakers against the Celtics back in the 80s, but I never really followed basketball that closely. I liked the Pistons "Bad Boys" teams of the early 90s, mainly because Laimbeer was such a fucking prick. After that, my favorite team was pretty much whoever Chicago was playing.

Then Jordan retired (for the 2nd time) about the same time I moved back to CO for school, and it wasn't really fun to hate the Bulls anymore. I finally had an epiphany - why not cheer for the hometown team? This was the season that the Nuggets went 11-71 under Hanzlik, so I said "fuck it, I'll be a Nuggets fan." There was plenty of room on the bandwagon at that point.

So even though I can't claim to be a Nuggets lifer, it's definitely rewarding to see them succeed after officially becoming a fan during their lowest point. I still don't know why they couldn't do better in the Van Exel/McDyess/Billups era, but who fucking cares at this point? The Nuggets are in the playoffs for the second year in a row and the T'wolves are sitting at home! What could be better?
"Keys, woman!"
M2
2005 Cryin' Ryan Winner

Post by M2 »

The Nuggets looked unreal til they came to Houston. The last 3 games they've looked average at best. Blown out by Houston and Phoenix and those games weren't even close. Then a 4 point win over a very bad Portland team makes me wonder how they will do in the playoffs.

I hope they can get back to the play they had before those last 3 games.

Being a Warrior/Rocket fan, I hope you guys can take out S.A. since they seem to be a much greater threat than the Nuggets.

Still, it's been an amazing season for the Nuggets and they've been fun to watch.

m2
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Back off my Blazers.

For the 31st straight year, we didn't finish last in division.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
d-townmike
"Q-Town"

Post by d-townmike »

Got the most important game of the series out of the way and what a game this was!! Both teams came out firing and played an excellent game but it was the Nuggets who had just a little more firepower than the Spurs.

Hey Spur fan! I know you're non-existent on this board, but one of you might sign up soon. Bet you all didn't think the Nuggets would roll into your town actually wanting to be in this series huh?

Looking forward to the next three games!

GO