Since identifying dumbfucks is what we're about here ...

talking about who was arrested today

Moderators: Shoalzie, Biggie

poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Since identifying dumbfucks is what we're about here ...

Post by poptart »

Who is the gold medal winner for dumbfuckery in this episode?
Anderson?
Gruden?
Reporter?

My takes:

Anderson melted, obviously.
He could have answered that reporter's question and not looked like he needed his pampers changed.
Just give the man an answer.
Could have provided an answer a few different ways. Sheez.
Gold medal dumbfuck.

I understand where Gruden is coming from.
As a coach, you would rather not have your QB yukkin' about something on the sideline when the team is getting it's ass beat down - because he is the team leader and it's just not a great visual for teammates or fans.
But Gruden didn't really crucify him, either.
And rightfully not, because I don't think the chuckling on the sideline there was any huge deal.
Yeah, better if it didn't happen, but surely not a giant issue.

The reporter was just doing what reporters do, ask questions.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Re: Since identifying dumbfucks is what we're about here ...

Post by Screw_Michigan »

I'm a reporter so I'm naturally inclined to support fellow reporters in knee-jerk situations, but I side with Anderson on this. He wasn't cracking jokes and yukking it up on the sidelines. He got busted with a smile for about two fucking seconds. Possible a basic human instinct to personally make light of a bad situation. McNabb was hated in Philly for "not taking things very seriously" aka "smiling all the time" when things were bad. I also think the "yukking it up card" is a bit of a cheap shot by the reporter. If you're gonna play that card, play it on an asshat with a reputation for it like TO or Ochostinko. DA doesn't have a reputation for that shit.

DA also could have been a bit more of a man and not shit his diapers. But I'd say, in the end, Gruden is the loser here. It seems with every week Gruden becomes more and more insufferable. Although there are no winners here.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
R-Jack
Non Sequitur Legend

Post by R-Jack »

Gruden-Makes a "Good TV" reaction to a small chuckle on the sideline. Douche.

Reporter-Probably doesn't ask about it if Gruden doesn't go "tough guy coach on TV" over it. Even then he was looking for DA to give him some context to give back to fans who would be angry about something Gruden made too big of a deal about. Not out of line and his questions were not baiting.

DA-Found his inner Leaf. This guy will never lead a team again.
trev
New Sheriff in Town

Post by trev »

A lot of the Monday night hosts have been insufferable. For some reason they just can't seem to stop talking. When there is nothing to talk about they talk about stupid stuff and just run their mouth to say something. You don't always have to be talking just to talk.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

trev wrote:For some reason they just can't seem to stop talking. When there is nothing to talk about they talk about stupid stuff and just run their mouth to say something. You don't always have to be talking just to talk.
reminds of when my wife and her mom get together, you don't ever want to be on a long road trip trapped in that situation where you just want to blurt out "have mercy, can't you two just STFU for 30 seconds?".

But announcers on TV are doing their job, they are paid to talk. Can't have dead air. Some are better than others. I don't care much for Gruden but always enjoy listening to Jaws.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Anderson obviously didn't need to react the way he did. All he has to say is "whatever is said on the sidelines is none of your business" and then move on. It was a childish way to answer the question and then he storms off and makes a spectacle of himself.
Raydah James
Eternal Scobode

Post by Raydah James »

Gruden is a little too 'positive' for my liking. Player X makes a great play and all of the sudden holmes is better than sliced bread, ect.

That said, Gruden is light years better than that cul-de-sac haired bitch Kornheiser. I truly hate that fuck as much as anyone can hate somebody he doesnt know. I'd smile wide if I witnessed him getting beat the fuck down-or bonus: could actually do it myself. Gru gets the thumbs up until they find somebody better (which they probably wont)
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

Three way tie, with the breaker going to the QB.

Gruden was way off base with his comment in the first place. He had no idea what they were talking about on the sideline and couldn't honestly conclude that they weren't taking the game "seriously".

Reporter asked a dumbfuck question about something he should have known was irrelevant, probably hoping to get exactly the reaction that he did.

DA could have just said that Gruden was off base and you're asking a dumb question, and left it at that. Or, he could have said that they were discussing how Singletary's slacks were riding way up is buttcrack.

Instead he melted in a truly embarassing way. Dude is the big loser here.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Mikey wrote:Gruden was way off base with his comment in the first place. He had no idea what they were talking about on the sideline and couldn't honestly conclude that they weren't taking the game "seriously".
Gruden said that he was speaking from a coach's point of view - and that as a coach, he didn't want to see players with that posture when they are taking it up the shitpipe.

He also went on to say that he wasn't saying that the beatdown wasn't bothering Anderson, but just that as a coach, he wouldn't care to see the QB looking that way on the sideline.

If I was a coach, and we were gettin' the shit kicked out of us, and I glanced over and saw the QB (our leader) looking that way, yeah, it might ruffle my feathers a bit.

That's a coach's POV.

Jmo, but I really don't think he was off base with his comments and I don't think it was an attack on Anderson at all.
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

I understand your point, but the thing is they caught what, a 30 second hidden camera shot? How do you (or Gruden or anybody else) know that they weren't earnestly discussing potential strategies to pull them out of the hole they were in when something funny came up? Even the most serious people are allowed a chuckle once in a while. It happens all the time in my job which, while maybe not as "serious" as professional football, entails some critical engineering analysis and negotiation.

For all we know the camera operator and director may have been waiting for 10 minutes or more for the QB to crack a smile so they could get their "gotcha" moment. And from the coach's POV...Gruden may be an ex coach but he was speaking from a reporter's POV. The coach should be watching the game and not worrying about whether or not his QB is suitably pissed off about the current score. Most people tend to make better decisions when they keep their emotions in check.

Like you, jmo, but I think Gruden (or at least his director) was just looking for something to add controversy to an otherwise boring broadcast. At any rate, I still think that DA way overreacted to the whole thing, crying like a scolded 4 year old.