Calling out Kirk Ferentz

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Calling out Kirk Ferentz

Post by TheJON »

Let me say I think Ferentz is a good coach but some things he does just makes no sense....

2004 we had all 4 of our RB's go down by the 6th game with season ending injuries. Plus, we have had an insane amount of injuries (probably twice as many as ANY program in the country) over the last decade. So you would figure that Ferentz would want to take advantage of games where they are up big in a blowout and can get the starters out. Nope.

Ferentz doesn't run up the score, but he still leaves the starters in for pretty much the whole game even in a blowout. I have never understood this. Normally, you would think of a coach that leaves his starters in the game in the 4th quarter up 37-0 as a coach that runs it up. Not Ferentz. He leaves his starters in the game to run the ball up the middle every play. There's 2 problems with that.......1.your backups need reps (especially the QB who will be your starter next year) and 2.why risk getting your starters injured when the game is out of hand? Stanzi played every down last week in a game that was over by halftime. Just makes no sense.

We just had a linebacker announced would be out for the season with an injury and our other 2 linebackers may not be able to play on Saturday against Indiana. But even worse is our starting RB Adam Robinson was playing in the 3rd quarter Saturday with a concussion- when we were leading 37-0. So he could will probably be out this weekend and potentially next week as well. A-Rob is a big part of this offense, especially after our Top 2 RB's are gone- 1 tore his ACL and the other left the team before the season for "personal reasons". We only have 1 RB left and he's a true freshman with very few carries (though he did get 16 on Saturday).

I would suggest betting on Indiana to cover the 18 point spread. I'm not worried about Iowa winning the game, but considering we could be without our starting RB (with no proven backup), our defensive coordinator, and potentially all 3 of our LBers- I would have to think Indiana can keep it within 7-10 points.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Re: Calling out Kirk Ferentz

Post by Goober McTuber »

Nobody cares.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Jobocky
Elwood

Post by Jobocky »

Iwould suggest betting on Indiana to cover the 18 point spread. I'm not worried about Iowa winning the game, but considering we could be without our starting RB (with no proven backup), our defensive coordinator, and potentially all 3 of our LBers- I would have to think Indiana can keep it within 7-10 points.
wasn't it you who questioned the Iowa -6 line vs. MSU ?
"There's nothing that cleanses your soul like getting the hell kicked out of you."
Woody Hayes / Ohio State
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

Jobocky wrote:
Iwould suggest betting on Indiana to cover the 18 point spread. I'm not worried about Iowa winning the game, but considering we could be without our starting RB (with no proven backup), our defensive coordinator, and potentially all 3 of our LBers- I would have to think Indiana can keep it within 7-10 points.
wasn't it you who questioned the Iowa -6 line vs. MSU ?
I never said Iowa couldn't cover. I said the line didn't make sense. MSU entered the game as the #5 team and was unbeaten. Iowa was #18 and 5-2. It just seemed odd to me. I am not wrong on Iowa very often, and I would be surprised to see us cover this week. Too many players will be out and it's a road game before a tough 2 game stretch. Indiana's offense matches up well against our defense with all of our LB's out. They should be able to move the ball well.