Enough about Green Jackets

Oh Billy Billy Billy...

Moderator: Dinsdale

fix
Eternal Scobode

Enough about Green Jackets

Post by fix »

Plaid is up for grabs this weekend and Davis Love III already owns a freak'n closet full of them.

Besides avid golf fans, does anyone really care about watching a tournament with none of the top four playing?

Damn right I do, it's one of those weeks where the networks actually aren't busy sucking on Phil or Tiger's nutsack with their wall to wall coverage of their every move.

Does Love make it 6?
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Re: Enough about Green Jackets

Post by BSmack »

Otis wrote:Plaid is up for grabs this weekend and Davis Love III already owns a freak'n closet full of them.

Besides avid golf fans, does anyone really care about watching a tournament with none of the top four playing?

Damn right I do, it's one of those weeks where the networks actually aren't busy sucking on Phil or Tiger's nutsack with their wall to wall coverage of their every move.

Does Love make it 6?
This week is a crapshoot. I'll be watching. Sure, not with the kind of interest that I would devote to The Masters. But I'll tune in.

The course is a classic that demands accuracy, sometimes at the expense of distance. Aside from Love, I can't think of another player who has won at Hilton head that is known for hitting the ball long. You could just as easily see Stephen Ames win as Darren Clarke.

My pick? Sergio Garcia. :wink:

Nah, I'll go with the king of fairways and green, Fred Funk.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
fix
Eternal Scobode

Post by fix »

BSmack wrote:You could just as easily see Stephen Ames win as Darren Clarke.
YOU have no idea just how long it took me to decide whether or not to pick them in my pool this week.

How about Cink?
Stewart Cink's four victories have all come the week after a major championship.

And Furyk's about due too, now that he's finally healthy.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Of course we could go with the revenge angle and pick Ted Purdy. At least this time he'll know what to do in a waste area.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
fix
Eternal Scobode

Post by fix »

That final round today did wonders for the game of golf. Clarke's performance has inspired millions of hackers that yes, they too have a chance on tour.

9 over on the final 13 holes..

Brutal.. :lol:
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Otis wrote:That final round today did wonders for the game of golf. Clarke's performance has inspired millions of hackers that yes, they too have a chance on tour.
One of the guys on Golf Central last night said it best.

"If you're going to wear pants like that, you better bring some game to back them up."

Unfreakingbelivable.

What was realy amazing was that Clarke only finished 2 strokes off the lead. In fact, if Clarke does nothing but shoot even par, he wins this thing going away. When's the last time that ever happened on a regular tour event?

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown