What the hell was up with Rat and McNubb?

talking about who was arrested today

Moderators: Shoalzie, Biggie

poptart
Quitty McQuitface

What the hell was up with Rat and McNubb?

Post by poptart »

Shanny yanked him for Rex Grossman because Rex has a better handle on the two minute drill?

lolz

Donovan was asked if he has a grasp of the two minute offense and he said, paraphrasing, "Yes, all I can say is it was the coach's decision and I had to roll with it."

This might be classified as an - I'm now going to publicly humiliate you - move.

Of course ol' Rex didn't git'er done, so suck on that, Ratface.

With this move, you no doubt split the lockerroom (or *EXPLODED* it) just as you did in Oakland when you were a wet-behind-the-ears newbie hard@ss trying to mark your territory with dick moves.

What's your excuse now?[/flashback]

At any rate, good yob - it's fun theatre.

Weigh in, Skin fan.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Re: What the hell was up with Rat and McNubb?

Post by BSmack »

Rat was trying to light a fire under McNabb's ass. He failed in the most epic way possible. Grossman was no more ready to take a snap in that game than I was. I was watching that game and in a perverse way, it was beautiful to watch every last Lion defender pin his ears back and take off after Rex like he was fucking the antidote.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

So, I'm assuming this is one of the many reasons Shanny was canned in Dungver? Shanny would rather screw his own team to "make a point." Absolutely and totally unacceptable. Also seems like this shit between Shanny and Haynesworth was all on Shanny.

If Jim Zorn pulled this shit, he would have been hung in effigy. Shanny is getting crushed today on the airwaves and he more than deserves it.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

poptart wrote:Donovan was asked if he has a grasp of the two minute offense and he said, paraphrasing, "Yes, all I can say is it was the coach's decision and I had to roll with it."
Of course that's all he had to say. The Rat looks like a complete tool. I guess it would be one thing if they had some promising young talent developing behind McNubb but benching him for a slappy like Grossman was totally ridiculous.

Panic move by an overrated shit coach.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

mvscal wrote:
poptart wrote:Donovan was asked if he has a grasp of the two minute offense and he said, paraphrasing, "Yes, all I can say is it was the coach's decision and I had to roll with it."
Of course that's all he had to say. The Rat looks like a complete tool. I guess it would be one thing if they had some promising young talent developing behind McNubb but benching him for a slappy like Grossman was totally ridiculous.

Panic move by an overrated shit coach.

^ agreed.

That being said, McNabb might be one of the worst 2 minute QBs EVER. I'm sure the Rat was correct in his thinking that McShit wasn't going to get the job done.. but his excuse that Grossman was more capable b/c of terminology is pure bullshit. Shanahan is getting a first hand glimpse of what McNabb was like the past few years in Philly.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

That was another 'masterpiece' of football wonderment involving the Redskins after last week's bakery o' turnovers with the Bears. Yesterday had to be one of the top games in recent years in terms of both teams' return yards. Banks could've had a second return for TD but was called back because of an illegal block. Logan was just about as unstoppable for the Lions. Kick coverages for both teams are going to get a workout this week after that game.

McNabb just didn't look comfortable yesterday. I think he's got crappy receivers with exception of Cooley and his offensive line is a work in progress. The Lions defensive line is moving up the ranks towards the elite units in the league. Suh had another stellar game and that was probably VandenBossch's best game of the year. It makes a big difference when you have your starting Mike backer in...Levy's missed most of the season.

Stafford looked sluggish but that's to be expected. He under-threw that first ball to Johnson in the end zone that Hall easily picked off. Several of his passes were not to the right spots. When you have receivers that drop a lot of passers, if you can't deliver them to the right spots, they're not going to bail you out. Johnson was a beast and has been the last few weeks. He could've had 4 TDs yesterday. The running game is an issue but the Redskins front seven defended it well. It was nice to see Kevin Smith get involved.
DELSDAD
Elwood

Post by DELSDAD »

A very Jim Zorn move. Completely moronic. The Rat needs to make nice w/ Donovan right quick or give up on the season. Maybe next season as well. I'm also concerned w/ the son as OC. Some of the play calling has been suspect. I wonder how much input he had on this decision. Would the Rat be able to fire his little boy?
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

DELSDAD wrote:The Rat needs to make nice w/ Donovan right quick
Why?
It's not like McNabb was doing much to help the Skins. Seeing has how they haven't discussed a contract extension with McNugget, it's safe to assume he won't be returning anyway.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

jiminphilly wrote: It's not like McNabb was doing much to help the Skins.
I know you try to justify your existence by pissing all over McNabb but if you had a clue, you'd realize McNabb's O-Line is more than pathetic. He spends most of the game running for his life. He's done a formidable job considering the circumstances and is 1-0 against your shit team.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

jiminphilly wrote:It's not like McNabb was doing much to help the Skins.
He won at least two games for the Skins that they would have lost with a stiff like Campbell. He has made them a competitive team. Seems like that would be enough to earn him at least a little consideration.

On the hand, this isn't the first time we've heard grumbling about his poor conditioning and lackadaisical approach to practice and preparation.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

Screw_Michigan wrote:I know you try to justify your existence by pissing all over McNabb but if you had a clue, you'd realize McNabb's O-Line is more than pathetic. He spends most of the game running for his life. He's done a formidable job considering the circumstances and is 1-0 against your shit team.
:lol: :lol:
mvscal wrote:
jiminphilly wrote:It's not like McNabb was doing much to help the Skins.
He won at least two games for the Skins that they would have lost with a stiff like Campbell. He has made them a competitive team. Seems like that would be enough to earn him at least a little consideration.

On the hand, this isn't the first time we've heard grumbling about his poor conditioning and lackadaisical approach to practice and preparation.
You and Screw are giving McRib wayyy to much credit. That defense has carried them through more wins than McRib has won. The win against the Eagles comes to mind as 1. Screwy what was McRib's QB rating for that game?

His overall stats:
57% completion percentage- That's good for 26th in the league.
76% QB Rating good for 25th in the league.
They sound an AWFUL lot like the stats Jason Cambell used to put up.

Does it mean that Grossman should have been put into the game? Not in the least. The only time Rex Grossman should be in the game is if your starting QB and his backup are dead.