Congratulations Mizzou

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

War Stoops
Elwood

Congratulations Mizzou

Post by War Stoops »

While I am obviously pissed that my Sooners lost, I want to say congrats to Missouri fan for the win. Pinkel is a class act and I am happy for Wags and company. OU is not quite ready to be a great team but the cupboard is stacked with some great young players. Here's hoping for a rematch in Dallas. Enjoy the win. The better team won tonight.

Boomer Sooner!
OUMO
Crimson Stooge

Re: Congratulations Mizzou

Post by OUMO »

I could not agree more.
Lascivio amo a champion hodie.
Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

Rack SoonerFan.

You have to admit that it only took the hype of playing #1, Gameday, homecoming, and cosmic allignments to finally get it done. Hell, Mizzou even played the past "tradition" card, breaking out the same uniform combo (gold pants) that they wore the last time they beat OU.

All that said... The game was still in doubt with six minutes to go. And did I read somewhere correctly that OU starts eight true freshmen?! Good Lord. Nothing to hang your head about here, SoonerFan. Your team is gonna be a cast-iron bitch for years to come.

Props for a hard fought game. Both sides were mistake-magnets, but it was still entertaining as hell. Let's do this again in December!
Journalism Scholar Emeritus Screw_Marcus wrote:Oh OK, so what's legal and what's not determines if something is right or not?
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

Stoops really likes this FR class and hasn't been afraid to say so publicly.

Props again to MU. keep your head on straight this week...players can't be still thinking about OU on Tuesday and Wed.

just like Wisconsin had big wins back to back over #1 at home and then on the road against a past nemesis. MU needs to as well.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Woke up this morning with a terrible hangover and pinching myself... did we really just beat Oklahoma last night?

Because while I had every confidence they could, actually doing it is another story. OU has always been that bully that kicks sand in your face and walks off with the hot chick. Well for once at least, the 98 lb. weakling stood up to the bully, punched him square in the nose, and lived to tell about it.

Mizzou may not beat OU again for another 10 years but this one was sweet and nobody can take that away.
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

Really enjoyed watching that game last night. Two fine teams with the final result in doubt almost to the very end. Though I didn't have a real preference, big contratulations to Mizzou and its fans. It was great to see the "#1" team lose for the third consecutive week.
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

I watched the game at an Iowa bar last night.
why is my neighborhood on fire
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Congrats to Mizzou. I wasn't happy with the mistakes but MIzzou forced them.

Truman wrote:Rack SoonerFan.

You have to admit that it only took the hype of playing #1, Gameday, homecoming, and cosmic allignments to finally get it done. Hell, Mizzou even played the past "tradition" card, breaking out the same uniform combo (gold pants) that they wore the last time they beat OU.

All that said... The game was still in doubt with six minutes to go. And did I read somewhere correctly that OU starts eight true freshmen?! Good Lord. Nothing to hang your head about here, SoonerFan. Your team is gonna be a cast-iron bitch for years to come.

Props for a hard fought game. Both sides were mistake-magnets, but it was still entertaining as hell. Let's do this again in December!
They aren't all true freshman but we have ten freshman receiving extensive playing time. The ESPiN and University hype machines keep talking about DeMarco Murray, and yes he is a gifted player, but the best horse we have at runningback is clearly a true freshman with Roy Finch; the kid is just electric and every time he touches the ball looks like he may break a big one. Along with the ten freeshman we also have 11 sophomores who are either the starters or receive extensive playing time. So we are young as hell.

The big kicker is that Ryan Broyles has already said if the NFL doesn't have a labor agreement in place for next season by the draft declaration date he is definitely coming back for his senior season.
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Miryam wrote:but other than that, it's cool, man. you're a christer.
LTS TRN 2 wrote:Okay, Sunny, yer cards are on table as a flat-out Christer.
DiT
Eternal Scobode

Post by DiT »

big ups to Mizzou for earning the win.
I'm looking for the rematch!
jiminphilly wrote:
SaladTosser wrote:What's going on here?

A few of us are ruining some tube socks.
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

I agree with SCS about Finch. Everytime he got the ball I said "who the hell is that?" I hope he goes pro after this year.
why is my neighborhood on fire
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Bizzarofelice wrote:I agree with SCS about Finch. Everytime he got the ball I said "who the hell is that?" I hope he goes pro after this year.
Not for at least another 2 years... :D. His family is the salt of the earth as well. If there was ever a Sooner that could make me more proud as a Sooner I haven't seen him. We really struck the lottery for this kid.
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Miryam wrote:but other than that, it's cool, man. you're a christer.
LTS TRN 2 wrote:Okay, Sunny, yer cards are on table as a flat-out Christer.
Moby Dick
2017 JAFFL Champ

Post by Moby Dick »

Just got back into town

congrats Wags! Mizzou played hard..and looked bigger than they have in years past.

Got a bad feeling they'll shit the bed against Nebraska tho.

Still like OUr chances in the south...we can still control our destiny..for the most part...and prolly about a 25% chance of STILL playing for a crystal ball.

goodluck rest of the season and hopefully we'll get the chance to avenge the loss!
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

i remember Finch from recruiting and SCS, but it DID catch my eye when jumped Jermie Calhoun on the depth chart and was getting totes. Calhoun was highly regarded as well and "been in the system" for two years, though my dad in Norman says he's heard Jermie has "practice issues" vis a vis hard work. in addition to Finch being too good to keep off the field.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"