I swear to God...

The Pro Hoopstahs

Moderator: Moorese

indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

I swear to God...

Post by indyfrisco »

...I will never watch another NBA game again if Lebron does that shit where he does the hat or jersey thing, people applaud/boo, then switches hats or jerseys to a different team. This is already hyped too much. A 1 hour special on ESPN to pick a team? Hell, I already only watch maybe 10 games a season max until the playoffs. This may be the straw that breaks the camel's back.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5360533
James will end his free agency by announcing where he'll play next season during a one-hour TV special Thursday at 9 p.m. ET on ESPN. James' publicist is expected to release a statement later Wednesday regarding James' ESPN appearance.
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Re: I swear to God...

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Yep. The best part about the 1-hr show is that we will never have to listen to this bullshit again until another prick decides he's worthy of a self-directed circus sideshow.

Fuck LeBron and fuck the NBA.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

BTW, IF, you shouldn't be voluntarily watching NBA games in the first place.
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

I still catch a few games if I'm up late on a weekend and there's nothing else on. And playoff basketball actually is somewhat entertaining. I'll watch more playoff basketball games than I do regular season. Of course, look when it occurs? Late spring when football is over, baseball is just getting started and all there is is NHL and NBA going on. I watch a little NBA, a little NHL and get my golf game going.

A "summit" between Bosh, James and Wade? A "1 hour special on ESPN" for his announcement? Wearing Yankees hats every day to his basketball camp? Always heard there's no such thing as bad press, but this sideshow has been sickening.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

IndyFrisco wrote:I still catch a few games if I'm up late on a weekend and there's nothing else on. And playoff basketball actually is somewhat entertaining. I'll watch more playoff basketball games than I do regular season. Of course, look when it occurs? Late spring when football is over, baseball is just getting started and all there is is NHL and NBA going on. I watch a little NBA, a little NHL and get my golf game going.

A "summit" between Bosh, James and Wade? A "1 hour special on ESPN" for his announcement? Wearing Yankees hats every day to his basketball camp? Always heard there's no such thing as bad press, but this sideshow has been sickening.
You know how it goes: He grew up rooting for the Yankees and the Bulls for no other reason than "they were good." Same thing with the dude who sits across from me at work: From Columbus, Michigan fan, Raider fan, Bulls fan.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Yes, in these parts, it's called the JscFan.

One JscFan of mine was Oakland A's, Nebraska Cornhuskers, Washington Redskins, LA Lakers.

Got a bud here in Indiana who is a Jsc/CrownFan hybrid. He like Miami (FL) in football, IU in basketball, Washington Redskins (now Colts too), LA Lakers, Yankees Fan.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

IndyFrisco wrote:He like Miami (FL) in football, IU in basketball, Washington Redskins (now Colts too), LA Lakers, Yankees Fan.
Frank Rizzo?
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Post by ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 »

Signing with the Knicks. Why else hold this thing in Greenwich CT?
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

too bad a new bargaining agreement is on the horizon. i was hoping he'd sign a one-year deal somewhere so we could do it again next year. of course, five days later he'd have to be in a horrible car accident that leaves him with an amputated leg.
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 wrote:Signing with the Knicks. Why else hold this thing in Greenwich CT?
shit's so predictable. the one hour will involve some faux-documentary about his love for ne ohio but that conquering the world via ny is so alluring but in the end he loves his people too much. i hope he says cleveland and the fans there still boo.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

LeSPN is now saying Miami.

I will skip my usual bowel movement at 10 AM after breakfast and 2 PM after lunch. I plan on taking a big shit at 9 PM after dinner tonight. I will always remember the day LeDrama made his choice as the day I took a shit that filled up the bowl twice.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Screw_Michigan wrote:Yep. The best part about the 1-hr show is that we will never have to listen to this bullshit again until another prick decides he's worthy of a self-directed circus sideshow.
I doubt the hype machine will ever get turned off...Queen James has leaped ahead of the pack as far as the biggest self-promoter in sports. Excellent ball-player? Yes, but a world-class douche. I didn't know ESPN could look worse in my eyes but this takes the cake. ESPN should now stand for the Egotistical Superstar Promoting Network. Save for watching actual games, I don't have any use for them any more as my source for sports new and information...they're forever tainted.

Fuck LeBron and fuck the NBA.
I'll have that stitched on a pillow...I'm done with pro basketball after this. I had a sliver of interest still in the sport but this has killed it for me. The only thing I'd root for is for Kobe to go 'white chick in Colorado-style' on LeBron's new team and he never wins a ring. Even if he stays in Cleveland, those poor bastard fans have washed his balls so bad, they've come off as the most desperate and soft fans I've ever seen. PhillyFan would've burned his house down and told to take his max contract and screw. ESPN, the NBA and LeBron can have each other...fuck 'em all! I'll watch those highlights of Magic, Larry, MJ, and the Bad Boys and weep. What a bunch of self-absorbed divas the NBA has become...man, do I love the NHL.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Well put, Shoalz. Couldn't have said it any better. This is what ESPN thinks about its viewers. And you have to believe everyone under the age of 20 is absolutely lapping this shit up, while the rest of us with developed, thinking brains are more than turned off.
Degenerate
Eternal Scobode

Post by Degenerate »

ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 wrote:Signing with the Knicks. Why else hold this thing in Greenwich CT?
Carmelo Anthony's wedding is in NYC this weekend. James is part of it.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Will the best man encourage those in the audience to STOP SNITICHING?
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Degenerate wrote:

Wait for it...

That's closest he'll ever get to a ring. :mrgreen:
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Why won't anyone take me serial?

I KNOW!!!

I'll make a documentary, starring me, then everyone will take me super-serial!
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

Degenerate wrote:

Will Jim Gray be doing the interview?
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

RACK Mikey!!

RACKS to MJ as well for putting Lebron in his place.
Dreams......Temporary Madness